SC SC - Amber Berbiglia, 23, North Myrtle Beach, 3 May 2013

:Welcome1: PCDude, such a sad case, are you local?

It is so sad and not only am I local, I am friends with several that knew Amber well. I had met her a few times but really didn't know her well.

This should be considered rumor, but I found her sister's Facebook awhile back and she stated something to the effect of "they" (they meaning police I'm assuming) think Amber's ex-boyfriend got her into a car and attacked her.

Its one of about four directions the police are looking in. There is a lot more to this case and the police are not releasing much. According to the police, the DNA evidence has not been completely processed either though they have taken DNA from many of the person's of interest in this case. Some of whom I know personally.

Please check out the site http://justiceforamber.org, a new website dedicated to finding her killer and a new dedication video on YouTube http://youtu.be/vvsZ2ZV771A

I have tears streaming down my face after watching that video. She just sparkles in her photos, so full of life. This is so sad, I hope that whoever did this is swiftly brought to justice. My thoughts and prayers are with Amber's loved ones.....family and friends.

http://goo.gl/maps/yzIOz

I know she was found around 4:30 pm.

Do we know how long they think the body was there? Was she killed there?

Did she live nearby? When was the last time she was seen?

There's not much information to go by....

Yesterday I drove to the area where Amber's body was found and drove the surrounding area. I know the area she lived and there was no reason that she would be driving to this particular spot on her way TO work if that was where she was headed (she was supposed to be at work @ 4:00 p.m.). It is possible she was giving a ride to someone (acquaintance or stranger). Unless the killer lived in that area (there are not many homes close by), I'm not sure how he or she left the area. The police believe there was only a 2 hour window between last contact with her and when her body was found.

I BELIEVE that killer might have still been in the area when the body was found. At that time, there was high grass and someone could have easily hid. This is very baffling and frustrating.:banghead:

According to those at the funeral, half of her face had to be reconstructed for the funeral. I guess those on the scene assumed a high caliber pistol or even a shotgun had been used. My biggest question has been that due to the somewhat remote location and the fact there had to be a fair amount of blood due to it being head wound, how did the person leave the scene?

Shotgun blast to the face was ruled out.

According to those at the funeral, half of her face had to be reconstructed for the funeral. I guess those on the scene assumed a high caliber pistol or even a shotgun had been used. My biggest question has been that due to the somewhat remote location and the fact there had to be a fair amount of blood due to it being head wound, how did the person leave the scene?

http://m.wmbfnews.com/autojuice?tar...ice-set-up-crime-scene-on-robert-edge-parkway

Reward increased for info on Amber Berbiglia's death
By WMBF News Staff

Snipped:
Berbiglia's body was found on the afternoon of May 3 underneath the Robert Edge Parkway Bridge and Old Sanders Road, just 1.6 miles down from the Time Warner Cable Store, where she was last seen at about 1:30 p.m.

Snipped:
It was originally believed that she was fatally shot, but Horry County Police spokesman Sgt. Robert Kegler released a statement saying that after further investigation, it was not a shooting.

Snipped:
Sgt. Kegler confirmed that Berbiglia's vehicle was towed away from the crime scene.

ThatPCDude

Welcome-Emails.jpg

The Horry County Police are asking that anyone who saw something out of place that afternoon, or has any information that they feel may be beneficial to this investigation to call dispatch at 843-248-1520 and ask to speak to a Violent Crimes Detective.

Crime Stoppers of the Lowcountry is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest in the ongoing Amber Berbiglia murder investigation, in addition to the $5,000 offered by friends and family of Berbiglia. If you have information leading to the identity of a suspect and arrest, you are urged to contact them:

Crime Stoppers of the Lowcountry

PO Box 60249

North Charleston, SC 29419

Phone Number: 843-554-1111 or 1-888-crimesc

Text: CRIMES (274637)

Do investigators have any ideas at all what (battering) instrument was used on her face? Could it be a bat or something like that? What about splatter patterns? Were there any at the scene? In her car? Police seem very tight lipped on this one.

Re the place she was last seen, did le obtain video from there & the surrounding area?

Anything stolen? Purse or wallet missing?

What kind of cell did she have? Was GPS checked?

Yesterday I drove to the area where Amber's body was found and drove the surrounding area. I know the area she lived and there was no reason that she would be driving to this particular spot on her way TO work if that was where she was headed (she was supposed to be at work @ 4:00 p.m.). It is possible she was giving a ride to someone (acquaintance or stranger). Unless the killer lived in that area (there are not many homes close by), I'm not sure how he or she left the area. The police believe there was only a 2 hour window between last contact with her and when her body was found.

I BELIEVE that killer might have still been in the area when the body was found. At that time, there was high grass and someone could have easily hid. This is very baffling and frustrating.:banghead:

Was her car, or any car at the scene?

OK, I found the answer.

This is kinda crazy. Usually serious trauma to the face of a murder victim indicates a personal connection doesn't it?

It is frustrating PCDude, I can only imagine how it feels for her family and friends. I just hope those investigating are not as baffled as it is starting to look. Thanks for the local perspective by the way. If you care to answer, what general area did she live and do you know if she had roommates?

The area is sparsely populated as you suggest which means if the killer is someone that lives in the area she was found and they left on foot he/she would have been able to leave the area without being seen fairly easily. I wonder if they utilized a k9 to see what direction it might have took them. I read where her purse was found in her car but it hasn't been reported that robbery was ruled out as a motive. I'm not suggesting it was, just pointing out how tight lipped LE is nearly six weeks in. You mentioned DNA earlier, do you know if there was a sexual assault involved?

Are police 911 call logs online for the N Myrtle Bch area?

http://www.wsav.com/story/22161791/body-found-under-bridge-in-north-myrtle-beach

Investigators are trying to figure out how a woman ended up under a bridge in North Myrtle Beach with a fatal head wound.

Berbiglia's body was found around 4:30 p.m. Friday under a bridge on the Robert Edge parkway, a major road

https://www.facebook.com/amber.berbiglia

Beautiful young woman...can't help but always wonder if these type cases in this area are related in some way to Brittanee Drexel.

Bolded by me- this was my first thought, too....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back