SC SC - Amber Berbiglia, 23, North Myrtle Beach, 3 May 2013

Anything stolen? Purse or wallet missing?

What kind of cell did she have? Was GPS checked?

Nothing has been released. There is a lot of rumors but nothing formally released. We know it was blunt force trauma but not the murder weapon. Amber's car was at the scene and her body was outside the car. There has been nothing official reported that answers your questions.

It is frustrating PCDude, I can only imagine how it feels for her family and friends. I just hope those investigating are not as baffled as it is starting to look. Thanks for the local perspective by the way. If you care to answer, what general area did she live and do you know if she had roommates?

The area is sparsely populated as you suggest which means if the killer is someone that lives in the area she was found and they left on foot he/she would have been able to leave the area without being seen fairly easily. I wonder if they utilized a k9 to see what direction it might have took them. I read where her purse was found in her car but it hasn't been reported that robbery was ruled out as a motive. I'm not suggesting it was, just pointing out how tight lipped LE is nearly six weeks in. You mentioned DNA earlier, do you know if there was a sexual assault involved?

She did not have a roommate and in fact was preparing to move out of her apartment and stay with her mom a few weeks before getting married. Please keep her family, especially her mom, in your prayers. I have personally met with her mom and she is devastated to have lost her child.

Have no idea if K9 were used. The police are being VERY tight lipped which I'm taking to mean that they have some information but not enough to make an arrest. No mention of sexual assault has been made either way.

I have heard lots of wild rumors including one that other women were killed in the same area. I think there are scared people around here that a killer is loose and no one knows who or why.

Thanks PCDude

From what I gather from bits and pieces she went out the night before with a girlfriend, unknown to me where or for how long. Next she was reported to be at the Time warner building around 1:30PM the next day. I'm wondering if she was seen by a witness or on CCTV and what if any reason she had for being there. She was discovered around three hours later five minutes down the road. The earliest reports have LE wanting to know if anyone saw a person walking or standing in a very precise location on the west side of the bridge. This makes me think either someone came forward having seen someone in that location or they found a blood or scent trail that led there from the crime scene. Speaking of the crime scene, they should easily be able to establish if she was killed in the location she was found yet I've not heard one way or the other. Regarding the rumors of other murders in that area, I haven't found any unsolved murders in the little bit of research I've done. And other than the Drexel girl there's one other Horry county missing female from APR 2010, Susan Deluca 45 from Aynor. Her car was found in a river on the other side of the county about 35 miles from where Amber was found. And although that's three missing or murdered in the county in the span of four years in the same two week or so timespan of late April early May I think its unlikely they are related.

Thanks PCDude

From what I gather from bits and pieces she went out the night before with a girlfriend, unknown to me where or for how long. Next she was reported to be at the Time warner building around 1:30PM the next day. I'm wondering if she was seen by a witness or on CCTV and what if any reason she had for being there. She was discovered around three hours later five minutes down the road. The earliest reports have LE wanting to know if anyone saw a person walking or standing in a very precise location on the west side of the bridge. This makes me think either someone came forward having seen someone in that location or they found a blood or scent trail that led there from the crime scene. Speaking of the crime scene, they should easily be able to establish if she was killed in the location she was found yet I've not heard one way or the other. Regarding the rumors of other murders in that area, I haven't found any unsolved murders in the little bit of research I've done. And other than the Drexel girl there's one other Horry county missing female from APR 2010, Susan Deluca 45 from Aynor. Her car was found in a river on the other side of the county about 35 miles from where Amber was found. And although that's three missing or murdered in the county in the span of four years in the same two week or so timespan of late April early May I think its unlikely they are related.

I know some of the answers. As far as Time Warner, she was captured on CCTV. Amber lived about 10 minutes from that location and one route would take her past the location she was found BUT for her to detour under the overpass would not normally make sense.

I know some of the women she was out with the night before but I do not know when the party broke up. I know they were at a local club called Molly Darcy http://www.mollydarcy.com/. Clubs here close by 2am so I'm sure they were done by then. I do not know if she went home or stayed with a friend.

I have heard rumors on whether she was killed on the location. I BELIEVE that she probably was. They have not released what the murder weapon was other than she died due to blunt force trauma. I'm not even sure if they recovered the murder weapon. Underneath the overpass is numerous chunks of concrete that could be used. That is just my own observation.

I do believe SOMEONE knows something. Several of us are working to raise the amount of the reward through donations.

The site she was found at looks like one of those places that people would go to do things young people do. Away from prying eyes it looks like the perfect little spot to meet up for a beer, a joint, a hookup, or whatever. not casting aspersions its just what I see the spot being used for. If she was familiar with the place and I don't know that she was but I cant see how one of her friends wouldn't at one time or the other stopped there with her.

I'm wondering If this was an abduction/robbery/murder say with ATM/debit card being stolen would LE let that be known? I would hope they would so the public would be aware and could be on guard. the only reason they might not let it be known is if they're waiting on the perp to slip up an try to use the card so they can pounce. I doubt this is what happened its just that 6 weeks in and still no arrest I'm trying to come up with a motive here. Like Jersey Girl I'm also wondering about her phone and if it was recovered.

PCDude when you say she was about to move in with the mother would this be away from the Myrtle beach area? and about the murder weapon do you know if the waterway nearby was searched with divers?

The site she was found at looks like one of those places that people would go to do things young people do. Away from prying eyes it looks like the perfect little spot to meet up for a beer, a joint, a hookup, or whatever. not casting aspersions its just what I see the spot being used for. If she was familiar with the place and I don't know that she was but I cant see how one of her friends wouldn't at one time or the other stopped there with her.

I'm wondering If this was an abduction/robbery/murder say with ATM/debit card being stolen would LE let that be known? I would hope they would so the public would be aware and could be on guard. the only reason they might not let it be known is if they're waiting on the perp to slip up an try to use the card so they can pounce. I doubt this is what happened its just that 6 weeks in and still no arrest I'm trying to come up with a motive here. Like Jersey Girl I'm also wondering about her phone and if it was recovered.

PCDude when you say she was about to move in with the mother would this be away from the Myrtle beach area? and about the murder weapon do you know if the waterway nearby was searched with divers?

But she was supposed to be at work at 4pm. She also had her own place to do whatever she wanted. The area is sort of remote but there is a house right next to it.

Her mother also didn't live far from her. She was only going to stay there until after the wedding.

And yes her phone was recovered and they know she texted some folks around 2:30 pm. Also there was voicemail shortly after 4pm from her employer asking where she was. I have a feeling that the police are not going to release much until an arrest has been made. I know a few rumors but am reluctant to release much more than I have in fear of messing up their investigation IF the rumors are true. The general consensus here is that it was NOT a robbery. Her car was found at the scene. My belief would be that IF it were a robbery the car would have been stolen AT LEAST to get to a better location before ditching it. My belief is she was found shortly after she was murdered.

Friends, family and community residents joined together for another vigil in honor Amber Berbigila. The lead detective was there and said they are getting tips every day but still don't have a suspect. The only thing I know to do at this point is keep creating news in order to have the tips continue to come in.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/22157035/police-set-up-crime-scene-on-robert-edge-parkway

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/22717829/what-it-will-take-to-solve-the-murder-case-of-amber-berbiglia

I keep checking for updates but sadly there's none to be found. There seems to be no shortage of violent crime for such a small area of that coast. How about it PCDude anything new to report?

I Can't seem to find anything recent about her either.

Bumping for Amber, still can't find any news.

Six months in, still no justice.

No arrest and no updates in months. They do still have Law Enforcement in Horry County don't they? I mean other than rounding up prostitutes which they seem to do often going by the local media outlets. Hey, at least the community is kept aware of the dangers they pose right? Never mind the lunatic killer still walking the streets. I hope they haven't forgotten about this case, I know the family haven't forgotten. Maybe they have a suspect and are building their case, if not I've never seen a murder case go so cold so fast.

Exclusive new details in Amber Berbiglia's murder case

The 23-year-old was beaten to death back in May of this year, her body left under an overpass. Detectives and Amber's family have released never-before-seen surveillance video of Amber just hours before her murder as well as voice messages that represent the last things she said.

Amber's voice on the home answering machine rang out, "Hey Mom. It's Amber. And I'm fine, and I'm coming home soon. But I just wanted to tell you that I'm getting married, (laughter). I'm engaged. Um, I just wanted to call you and tell you."

Those are words we're hearing for the very first time, one of the last voice messages 23-year-old Amber Berbiglia left for her mother, Michelle. Amber's engagement to her Spanish boyfriend was just one of the many things this young woman had to live for, and why her sudden death has crippled this North Myrtle Beach family.

full article at link ............ http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

What are the similarities?

Other than their cars being found in odd places, I can't think of many. But, there are details we don't know..common friends, some common bar/club. They both were out until late the previous evening. In the article it said clubs close at 2am and that would have been the latest Amber was out the night before at the club. We know HE had a date and last call was to room mate around 2/3 am. Where did she go on her date? A club? same club?

But no body, no obvious signs of attack being released. So her apartment, car and area near those places and PTL nothing. Polar opposite of attacking someone in broad daylight and leaving them beside the car.

Yet, it seems like there is more and it could be possible. Wasn't there a link to a rape also were the victim was beat around the head?

http://www.wistv.com/story/23764700/police-search-for-sexual-assault-suspect

Other than their cars being found in odd places, I can't think of many. But, there are details we don't know..common friends, some common bar/club. They both were out until late the previous evening. In the article it said clubs close at 2am and that would have been the latest Amber was out the night before at the club. We know HE had a date and last call was to room mate around 2/3 am. Where did she go on her date? A club? same club?

But no body, no obvious signs of attack being released. So her apartment, car and area near those places and PTL nothing. Polar opposite of attacking someone in broad daylight and leaving them beside the car.

Yet, it seems like there is more and it could be possible. Wasn't there a link to a rape also were the victim was beat around the head?

Mapping that incident / thank you for the link momof7:

http://goo.gl/maps/7cXSB

anyone see anything linking Amber & Heather Elvis?????

Heather Elvis and Amber Berbiglia both lived in apartments/condos

Heather Elvis and Amber Berbiglia both attended HGTC

Heather Elvis and Amber Berbiglia both worked in hospitality (sports pubs)

Heather Elvis and Amber Berbiglia both cars found close to bodies of water that are of the same feeder system

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back