Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the poster (sorry I can't remember which one of you lovelys posted it), but I guess this is MBPD's response for not participating in the search:

While questions circulate that new evidence brought the search to this specific location in McClellanville, Myrtle Beach Police say that's not the case which is one reason why they didn't participate in Sunday's search.

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=13554737

goodnight and hope for better news soon. BTW LLLindsay the MB police seemed a little P.O'd about the search or maybe about the media not sure. Just there comment in your link struck me that way, maybe it was just me being sensitive to it.

Have a happy thanksgiving to everyone and especially the Drexel family

Cut from above article

While questions circulate that new evidence brought the search to this specific location in McClellanville, Myrtle Beach Police say that's not the case which is one reason why they didn't participate in Sunday's search.

"We informed them there was no new information, no new tips coming in and there was nothing we needed from them."

Rochestergirl, I agree, it sounds like they were miffed. I wonder what the other reasons for their lack of participation was?

I'm so tired of it seeming like we're getting close to this case being solved and then they pull away and act like it's a cold case.

I wish I could stop the world (or at least the country) and have everyone devote their time to finding Britt. Of course, there are so many others still missing that deserve the same attention.

where are you beautiful girl?

Maybe MBPD is frustrated and somewhat embarrassed over this case? And that's their reason for the seeming snippy comment? Maybe it's also been seen that other LE agencies seem to be looked on more favorably (than the MBPD) for what they are doing as far as investigation/searches?

Then again...maybe MBPD feels they have done all they can do from their end?

Whatever the reason is... I know, like the rest of you all do...this is just one frustrating case... As lizzybeth pointed out...one minute it seems like they are close to solving it...and the next...it's allegedly cold...

Wishing we could have a fairy Godmother to wave her wand to make all of the truths and the whereabouts of Brittanee to become known. Prayers for Brittanee, her family and all of those that love her.

Wishing you all a very wonderful Thanksgiving. I probably won't have much access to WS over the next couple days, but I'll be thinking of all of you and I'll be on top of any Brittanee news should anything break.

<3

Happy Thanksgiving fellow sleuths and champions for Brittanee!

wm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Bumping and thinking of you Pretty Britt~~~
Sending warm wishes and prayers to Drexel Family,May The Good Lord hold each of you in his arms and help you threw this blessed day!!!

I just wanted to post this info I heard on our local am news here. There is no link on WECT website for this. (They are slack, IMO.)

The story was about a woman arrested in N. Chas. Co. for human trafficking. Another woman had answered an ad for housekeeping services. She was then held against her will for prostitution purposes. The woman escaped and reported it which led to the other woman's arrest.

Have any locals heard this story? IIRC, a LEO stated in a news article a few months back that there was no known problem with human trafficking in coastal SC. does anyone else remember this? things that make yo go HMMMM....

Anyway, back to creating a Turkey day feast. I had to take a break and post this info before I forgot about it!

wm

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families and of course the family of Brittanee.

Yes, WM I definitely remember someone down in MB saying there is no problem down there with human trafficking. But I also think I have heard even DD say she thought that could be what happened to BD at one point. We have had so many ups and downs since Brittanee disappeared without a single trace. Would be especially thankful for any news that would bring her home to her family.

I think on the Investigation Discovery Channel tv show regarding Brittanee Drexel, there was discussion about the possibility that she had been subjected to human trafficking. I haven't heard anything further...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families and of course the family of Brittanee.

Yes, WM I definitely remember someone down in MB saying there is no problem down there with human trafficking. But I also think I have heard even DD say she thought that could be what happened to BD at one point. We have had so many ups and downs since Brittanee disappeared without a single trace. Would be especially thankful for any news that would bring her home to her family.

If you go back and listen to part 3 of ID show ,you hear and see DD,G Moore (from news) and LE talking about human trafficking,,DD thinks that thats what happen,,but LE talks and G Moore and says not in lower parts sc which be MB,Gtown Charleston,,,,,

Im Not sure if Gtown LE ask CUE not search but MB told them not to no reason to,think of it this way,,if by chance it is in T Clan group,and MB sled trying get info,now Cue went in and they worried it may of messed up there investagtion,,etc,,,,,,,

RE: Waltzingmatilda.
this story you talking of on human trafficking?

Woman captive for 3 weeks
1 arrested, 2 sought on human trafficking charge

A young Mexican woman found wandering in a North Charleston subdivision told police she had been smuggled into this country and held against her will in a nearby home, by captors who she said abused her and planned to force her to become a sex worker.

more at link
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/nov/25/woman-captive-for-3-weeks/

Thanks Sugar Cane and Welcome to the thread :)

I think on the Investigation Discovery Channel tv show regarding Brittanee Drexel, there was discussion about the possibility that she had been subjected to human trafficking. I haven't heard anything further...

Wasn't it Brittanee's mom who talked about the possibility of trafficking? As a last hope that she might be alive, I imagine. Amber DuBois' mom talked about this as well. Can you imagine, if your best chance that your child is alive is if they have been taken in this way...how horrifying. I understand that they need to keep hoping...I just wish they had better scenarios available, but at this point, I can't think of any.

And now upstate NY is missing the beautiful girl from Syracuse area, Jenni-Lynn...I'm from up that way and these girls seem so familiar to me...heartbreakingly so.

Did anyone watch Nancy Grace tonight (I missed it) but just found this on her site. Was Britt one of the 5 children cold cases featured tonight? Britt's picture is on the site as one of them

Nancy Grace: Cold Cases
Tonight: Nancy Grace cold cases! We examine America's top unsolved mysteries -- the most disturbing missing teen cases & murdered mom's --all unsolved. 5 families left without answers, 5 faces lost or no longer with us. Nancy Grace seeks justice during a brand new Nancy Grace Cold Case at 8 & 10PM ET only on HLN!

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

NG runs again at 1AM EST (11PM for me)- I will check it out...

Brittanee was not one of the cases profiled on NG tonight...they were 5 young children, either missing or murdered, I started a thread in Crimes in the News...

RE: Waltzingmatilda.
this story you talking of on human trafficking?

Woman captive for 3 weeks
1 arrested, 2 sought on human trafficking charge

A young Mexican woman found wandering in a North Charleston subdivision told police she had been smuggled into this country and held against her will in a nearby home, by captors who she said abused her and planned to force her to become a sex worker.

more at link
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/nov/25/woman-captive-for-3-weeks/

Yep. that's it! Thanks Rose!

Good morning all and Brittanee!

wm

Brittanee was not one of the cases profiled on NG tonight...they were 5 young children, either missing or murdered, I started a thread in Crimes in the News...

Thanks for watching there is another one on tonight I'll make sure to catch it maybe she is on one of these since her picture is on the web site advertising the cold cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member