Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the confusion regarding the addresses comes from the fact that North Myrtle Beach and Myrtle Beach are technically two "different" cities. Therefore, there are North and South street addresses in North Myrtle and then it goes straight from those into the North and South numbering for actual Myrtle Beach streets. It appears that the addresses in question here are all in Myrtle Beach beginning at the 100 block North and then heading south from there to the other points in question.

I was also wondering if perhaps the girls moving to the new hotel was because LE made them leave the room at Bar Harbor in order to process it and hold it as a possible crime scene. The move to a different hotel may be as simple as that is the only place with an opening.

Maybe this will help you. Read the details about the police 'telephoning' the contacts. Sounds like they did NOT visually talk to the girls, that the info the girls gave police was by telephone.

quoting myself from post#524 in 1st thread:

Originally Posted by FifthEssence
In this PDF POLICE REPORT http://rochesterhomepage.net/media/p...xelreport1.pdf , look on the 2nd page, near the bottom of the Narrative, you see the girls had moved to the Boardwalk Motel, rm#1435. Doesn't give a date or time of the move.

Because it has NOT been clear in any of the news reports what time the girls headed back to Rochester, it seems like there is a typo in this narrative.
It says, "as of 4/26/09 (Sunday) 5:20PM none of the above had yet heard from her or seen her."

The report was filed at 4:51am on 4/26, so the '5:20pm' on 4/26/09 doesn't make sense.

It states the Officer 'telephoned' these contacts and confirmed the same info the Marine had given him-that her 'traveling friends' hadn't seen her since 8pm. That makes me think they were already on their way back to Rochester. You would think they'd be present for the questioning IF they were still in town unless the Officer was lax in his initial investigation and didn't visit them at the Boardwalk Motel. I hope that's not the case.

If we go by the blog link I listed on post #492 http://www.rochesterunderground.com/...=257#6400,HELP US FIND BRITTANEE DREXEL, you'll note it says her things were left at the Bar Harbor Hotel. Also, the police report here says the Officer met the family Marine friend at the Bar Harbor Hotel.

(LAST TEXT to Brittanee's cell was made by her boyfriend John G. at 9:16pm. She did not respond.)

January, that is the question I have had for days. I would think if that technology were available LE would have surely used it by now, but I don't know. I have been trying to find an answer but no luck so far. You'd think those towers would have some type of log of all pings and if the person who has her had an active cell phone, theirs would have pinged at virtually the same time. I know I am assuming a lot there, that whoever has her has a cell, but these days, who doesn't? Could they have just known to turn theirs off? Maybe, but exploring this route would certainly seem a no-brainer.

dhchick04, there are conflicting stories on this sidewalk video from the same reporting station. The anchor last night was adamant to clear up it was video prior to her arrival at Bluewater where the boys were staying, so it would be prior to the known video of the hotel lobby we have also seen, making it really useless to the investigation.

If she passed the camera going, then she should have passed it going back. So if she didn't then maybe she disappeared outside of the boys hotel?

According to this article, the student committed suicide, not attempted it. :(
http://www.13wham.com/news/local/st...de-at-Canandaigua/NfTGcUR1UE-z6fopA00JDg.cspx

Canandaigua, N.Y. - Canandaigua and State Police are on the scene at Canandaigua Academy after a male student committed suicide.

Just after 11 a.m. Tuesday morning, Canandaigua Academy went into lock down after reports of a suicide involving a gun.

The suicide happened in the boy’s bathroom near the Athletic Wing. The victim’s name has not been released, but we do know the victim was a male student at the Academy. The victim's parents have been notified.

Police are unsure whether the gun was already at the school or brought by the student.

Police say no one is in immediate danger, but school officials say they are worried about a bigger threat and are taking all the necessary precautions to keep the school safe.

They're searching lockers, students and other parts of the school. Students who drove to school are also having their cars impounded and searched and will not be able to drive their cars home Tuesday.

Myrtle Beach Police have released another piece of video that shows the last known hour of missing 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel. The video show her walking southbound on Ocean Boulevard around eight fifteen in the evening on Saturday, April 25. (more at link)

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10287623

Maybe this will help you. Read the details about the police 'telephoning' the contacts. Sounds like they did NOT visually talk to the girls, that the info the girls gave police was by telephone.

This may seem obvious, but why would someone move hotels at 8pm or in the evening. Check out is usually around noon? Seems strange they would pay for that night's room, but move to another hotel and spend the night?

Can anyone explain this to me?

FifthEssence, it has been a couple of years since I have been on the south end of Myrtle in this exact area but there is an amusement park there - it is the one that the Old Swamp Fox roller coaster was at (not even sure if the coaster is still there but I think the amusement park still operates). It had been in decline for many years and generally the 'cheaper' amusement park to visit as opposed to the Pavillion, which is now closed - so maybe that has driven more traffic back down a few blocks south looking for the amusement park.

Unless things have changed drastically, there are sidewalks crossing over both sides of the swash there, like a really small bridge. I would guess the swash is no more than 30-40 feet wide.

When I lived at 15th South years ago, it was the 'quieter' end, but that was because of the Pavillion being up around 9th Ave North. All of that may have shifted as this is the area now that the only amusement park on the boulevard is. I think the Pavillion area still gets a lot of traffic with the small boardwalk there, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Gay Dolphin. That is the area of the restaurant where the workers claimed she was in there Sunday after her disappearance.

Again, I have to say I haven't been to the exact area in about 5 years now, but just in my opinion, heading north between 21st South & Bar Harbor may be a little dicey. Going further north past Bar Harbor, the old Pavillion and then on up past maybe 21st Ave NORTH things would begin to improve with nicer hotels - more sprawling resorts that take up two or three blocks each and condos.

Yeah...I read them....the writing in the reports is sort of clear as mud, huh? My thoughts were that LE would want to separate the girls from Brittanee's things in order to hold them as evidence. I can't see them just saying "carry on with your vacation". That is IF the girls were still there.

There is also a chance that if there had been fighting and arguing going on that they may have been TOLD to leave the Bar Harbor. OR....if there were truly 15 girls in the room as one report said, then the hotel may have also made them leave or made MOST of them leave that room/hotel. Once LE started showing up and asking questions, I can't see the hotel as being too thrilled about the situation, especially in the wee hours of the morning. Some of the girls may have checked out and headed home, and some may have gone on to the new hotel.

Warbuckle, good point. I wonder where the second camera was located. It could be past the 11th street that she apparently never made it past. That would explain why it wouldn't show her going back the second time. Or LE does have a tape showing her going past and that's what they are basing the 11street statement on?

What is the timestamp of the first video? Anyone know?

FifthEssence, could the time in the report be 5:20AM?

Didn't JO live in Myrtle Beach previously? Wonder if she would be familiar with the area that Brittanee's cell phone pinged in? Just a thought....

SuziQ, I think they have said 'around eight o'clock'. On the video I could only make out the date, 4/25.

I think that video was trained from a hotel to the opposite side of the street. In it you can't see the sidewalk that would seemingly be on the same side as the camera. I wonder if where ever this footage came from had more than that one camera? I would think so.

On the old thread, remember last night they said they tracked her LEAVING Bluewater up to 11th and then back down to Surfside, on into Georgetown?
We said then they may have her on another camera at 12th and then NOT on camera at 11th or maybe just have this camera at 11th trained on both sides of the street and they know she didnt make it back that far. I don't know how else they would have been so specific in that report last night to take her back up to 11th and then down to Surfside. Just knowing the area, I can't imagine a cell tower in the middle of that area between Ocean Blvd and Hwy 17 that would let them get that specific on a cell phone ping to know she was turned around at 11th South.

Also, the description of what she was wearing was black shorts, If she had made it back to her hotel then she would have given the shorts back to her friend? Right? So she went missing after she left the boys hotel. My guess is she was tired from the long walk there, perhaps someone offered her a ride. She seems smart enough not to get into a car with a total stranger, so I bet it was someone she recently met in MB.

Maybe some information gathered from the cell tower indicates she was was at the 11thAve South location for a little bit of time? or it may be the only tower info in that area and then the very next ping showed her turned around heading south toward Surfside.
????

Wish we had better news reporting and more speciic info from LE

Snipped:

According to this article, the student committed suicide, not attempted it. :(
http://www.13wham.com/news/local/st...de-at-Canandaigua/NfTGcUR1UE-z6fopA00JDg.cspx

Canandaigua, N.Y. - Canandaigua and State Police are on the scene at Canandaigua Academy after a male student committed suicide.

I wonder if any of the boys went to that school? I know on some of the facebook pages they listed where they went to school. Does anyone remember seeing that school name anywhere?

Maybe some information gathered from the cell tower indicates she was was at the 11thAve South location for a little bit of time? or it may be the only tower info in that area and then the very next ping showed her turned around heading south toward Surfside.
????

Wish we had better news reporting and more speciic info from LE

I agree FifthEssence, but SC LE is not known for showing their hand too early. I think they may know a little more than they are telling, but only a little. And don't even get me started on the news reporting.

Snipped:

I wonder if any of the boys went to that school? I know on some of the facebook pages they listed where they went to school. Does anyone remember seeing that school name anywhere?

Don't recall seeing that school or that town mentioned in the 'friends' MySpaceyPlace or Facebook accounts.

The maps indicate that town is 25-28 south -south east of Rochester/Webster area.

Just seen a interview on fox news with JG ,B boyfriend.He stated that the last texting he did with B she had told him she was having a horrible time in MB due to not get along with the friends she came there with.Ok a question,,, the video of her walking on the street is she Going to the boys hotel? Also the video of her leaving a hotel is that the boys hotel? If thats what im understanding then the LE needs to look harder at the girls than the boys because it shows she left there where the boys were present.This whole thing has me crazy.

Don't recall seeing that school or that town mentioned in the 'friends' MySpaceyPlace or Facebook accounts.

The maps indicate that town is 25-28 south -south east of Rochester/Webster area.

Well, it will be good to make sure this kid is not one of the friends.

Just seen a interview on fox news with JG ,B boyfriend.He stated that the last texting he did with B she had told him she was having a horrible time in MB due to not get along with the friends she came there with.Ok a question,,, the video of her walking on the street is she Going to the boys hotel? Also the video of her leaving a hotel is that the boys hotel? If thats what im understanding then the LE needs to look harder at the girls than the boys because it shows she left there where the boys were present.This whole thing has me crazy.

I agree with you. I heard the time stamp on the video was 8.15 and the time of her leaving the boys hotel was 8:30, so she must have been heading back to return the shorts. The fact they switched hotels in the evening is really strange to me. I would love to know what time they checked into the new hotel?

Didn't one of her friends live in MB? Which one? I have also wondered why these girls would come all the way down here for spreakbreak. But if one of the girls used to live here or nearby then it would make sense she was familiar with the area.

I wonder if when B was walking back to the girls hotel to return the shorts, they decided to come pick her up. If one of them was familiar with the area maybe they took her out in the middle of nowhere and left her then something bad happened. I would love to know where thoses girls were during 8pm to midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther