Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they get older they are headstrong. Of course their kids never do anything wrong. In the last few years

I agree with you to a point...someimes we parents find out that 'headstrong' is an underlying mental condition...When a teenager is headstrong there is little a parent can do-in my case with my teen I can only pray and stay by the telephone. I cannot afford a cell phone. Whenever my teen calls I steel myself for the worst-when I try to call her and she doesn't answer I steel myself for the worst. It is no reflection on me or her-it is what iti s. It is one of the world's greatest mysteries-the antics of a teenager-the ways of a teenager who is your own child. You talk about terror? I live in terror every day for my daughter and that is why I am here for Britannie-she belongs to me and to all parents.

So Peter B is whining because the media spelled his name wrong and there is a young girl missing? Nice priorities.

I just want to drive to Rochester and slap some sense into all of these self-absorbed kids.

I am an uncool mom as well, and darned proud of it these days! These kids are making my kids look like angels.

Well thank God for you "uncool" moms! :) Wish some in Rochester were as uncool as you ladies.

I see you are new. Are you new to crime boards as well? Because you seem to be taken aback by the tone of a crime discussion and crime discussions by nature are not pleasant.

Yes I'm guilty of being new to crime boards and also (probably) somewhat naive and an definitely an optimist :) Anyway, I'm glad to hear the psychic believes she's alive.

The quote about her walking alone several times before really stood out to me, too. It sounds like she was alone quite a few times.

I have thought for days that she probably got in the car with someone but if she refused a ride from a friend, why would she get in a car with a stranger? Unless she was picked up by the girls...

ETA: Nancy is covering it tonight. I'll post if she has anything new.

Ya know what distracted...I never thought of it that way...if PB offered a ride and she said no then why would she even ponder for a second to get into the car of a stranger???? Wow..that just kinda hit me...and honestly I dont see someone getting abducted on the strip..I mean someone would HAVE to see it right??? So she probably got into the car of someone she felt comfortable with.....I mean that only makes sense now right? :waitasec: All of course IMO.

Yes I'm guilty of being new to crime boards and also (probably) somewhat naive and an definitely an optimist :) Anyway, I'm glad to hear the psychic believes she's alive.

That's cool. Just to give you a fair warning, we don't have any graphic details in this case yet, because we basically don't know what happened yet. Once we do, the details will be quite gory and graphic and the discussion will be gory and graphic as well. Whatever we discuss here, remember It's not anything different than what's being discussed behind closed doors with LE.

I am an uncool mom as well, and darned proud of it these days! These kids are making my kids look like angels.

My 12 yr old thinks I'm the meanest mom. I will not let her go with a friend (13 yr old) when her grandma DROPS her off at the mall. :furious: Hello what is wrong with people!! Hopefully our children grow up to appreciate that we actually cared about keeping them safe.:rolleyes:

My 12 yr old thinks I'm the meanest mom. I will not let her go with a friend (13 yr old) when her grandma DROPS her off at the mall. :furious: Hello what is wrong with people!! Hopefully our children grow up to appreciate that we actually cared about keeping them safe.:rolleyes:

Been there done that and one left to go. From the older girls I've found out that they while they would not admit to it at the time, they listened to what I was saying more than I thought they did.

That's cool. Just to give you a fair warning, we don't have any graphic details in this case yet, because we basically don't know what happened yet. Once we do, the details will be quite gory and graphic and the discussion will be gory and graphic as well. Whatever we discuss here, remember It's not anything different than what's being discussed behind closed doors with LE.

I'll be fine with all that I promise. :) I"m good with facts.

I said many posts back, I think these kids from Rochester are insensitive or dumb or a freaky combination of both, but definitely not smart enough for one of them, much less two or more because then surely someone would have talked, to do any harm to her AND THEN make their way to Georgetown to dispose of her phone and certainly not her body.

Now if we had never gotten the ping from Georgetown I would maybe still be on the fence about that.

But I'm telling you, I am familiar enough with this area, those kids would never have driven that far to an unfamiliar area like that is, and again, downright spooky to do anything with her or her belongings.

Once you get out of the city of Georgetown and head towards those rivers and the national forest, you have shadowy moss covered trees, marshland, serious marshland, all kinds of animals making noises in the woods and rumbling in the bushes.

No, I definitely do not see one, two, three girls, or one, two, three boys or any combination thereof from Rochester NY cavorting through the backwoods of SC in the middle of the night to play hide and seek with her body and/or belongings.

They are so self-absorbed, a dumpster would have done the job so they could get on down to Kryptonite before last call.

The thing that bothers me most is that there's a whole family down there and lots of searchers and law enforcement officers out every day and hundreds expected to turn out Saturday digging through that eerie place looking for their daughter to bring her home. That alone is heartbreaking, and yes to think that those hundreds of people obviously care more about this girl than those 'acquaintances' can even muster to pretend is a very troubling thing for us to witness. Right now I get the feeling LE's focus is on finding Brittanee - plain and simple. I strongly believe and pray that once she is found, she will tell the story.

I sincerely think they need to do some heavy 2nd looks off Ocean Ave between 2001 S Ocean, the boys hotel and 11th Ave So. which is about 9 or so blocks N of there. Maybe within a block off Ocean of all the little streets that cross it. Maybe some evidence was left behind, clothing, flip flops, her purse?

I agree SeaNymph, can't imagine someone going into those backwoods off the beaten path-the main hwy 17, without having 'some' familiarity of the area, especially late at night. I've googled the areas up and down the Santee River, both the north and south sides, over to the Plantation area, even off Hwy 17 and it's BLACK at night down there. No street lights. Nothing.

Although her family & bf said she is headstrong, she certainy was NAIVE in terms of what is out on the streets and lurking around corners.

This is very SAD.

Ya know what distracted...I never thought of it that way...if PB offered a ride and she said no then why would she even ponder for a second to get into the car of a stranger???? Wow..that just kinda hit me...and honestly I dont see someone getting abducted on the strip..I mean someone would HAVE to see it right??? So she probably got into the car of someone she felt comfortable with.....I mean that only makes sense now right? :waitasec: All of course IMO.

Yes, it makes perfect sense. I don't see anyone being abducted on the strip either, especially that early in the evening. So, if PB is to be believed, that he offered her a ride and she refused, then it stands to reason that she got into a car with someone she had some familiarity with. I'm now thinking it was someone local who knows the area where her phone pinged last.

Speaking of the phone, I don't know why but I don't think she and her phone were separated. I think it's more likely that the battery was low and it died soon after the last ping. In that case, she could be anywhere. I think if she is in the area of the last ping, they would have found her by now. And that makes me very, very sad.:(

ETA: One of the talking heads on Jane's or Nancy's show today, a criminalist I believe, also thinks a local is involved. LE questioned a student at one of the area high schools this week and they are keeping that information close to the vest. I would think if it had turned out to be a dead end, they would have said so. It would explain why they don't seem to think that the boys or the girls had anything to do with her disappearance.

Yes, it makes perfect sense. I don't see anyone being abducted on the strip either, especially that early in the evening. So, if PB is to be believed, that he offered her a ride and she refused, then it stands to reason that she got into a car with someone she had some familiarity with. I'm now thinking it was someone local who knows the area where her phone pinged last.

Speaking of the phone, I don't know why but I don't think she and her phone were separated. I think it's more likely that the battery was low and it died soon after the last ping. In that case, she could be anywhere. I think if she is in the area of the last ping, they would have found her by now. And that makes me very, very sad.:(

ETA: One of the talking heads on Jane's or Nancy's show today, a criminalist I believe, also thinks a local is involved. LE questioned a student at one of the area high schools this week and they are keeping that information close to the vest. I would think if it had turned out to be a dead end, they would have said so. It would explain why they don't seem to think that the boys or the girls had anything to do with her disappearance.

LE hasn't named a suspect and hasn't ruled out anyone, per their most recent statement.

I feel the same amd I am also very sad......and angry. This is unbelieveable and horrendous. My own panic grows each day. I have a teenaged daughter who does not listen to me-she is 'out there' and I can not do anything about it. My prayers go out to Brittanie and family. Brittanie is being prayed for by many. We have all seen to that.

LE hasn't named a suspect and hasn't ruled out anyone, per their most recent statement.

That's true. But the family has stated that they believe that LE is not looking at the kids closely enough or in person. Evidently, some of the questioning has been done over the phone.

Britanee's boyfriend also stated today on Nancy's show that LE does not believe the boys had anything to do with her disappearance, which would lead me to believe that they are looking elsewhere even though they haven't publically cleared anyone.

That's true. But the family has stated that they believe that LE is not looking at the kids closely enough or in person. Evidently, some of the questioning has been done over the phone.

Britanee's boyfriend also stated today on Nancy's show that LE does not believe the boys had anything to do with her disappearance, which would lead me to believe that they are looking elsewhere even though they haven't publically cleared anyone.

I would hope that they (LE) would be looking at the persons she was 'with' intensly. I believe they are. I totally trust LE to break this wide open.

Brittanee's boyfriend just spoke by telephone to Mike G. on HLN. He said that she barely knew the girls she traveled with, that they were acquaintances at best. I still don't understand why they don't seem to care more. It seems people who don't know her at all care more about her than her so-called friends.

Her boyfriend sounds like a really great guy, though.

Do you remember that case where the i forgot now of how many girls there were but they invited one of there so called aquaintences over because they wanted her to be freinds with them and really it was a set up by all the other girls just to make her feel liked so she would come over and look at what happened when she did they beat the chit outta her ....when i read your post that came straight to mind maybe this was all a lure ???????

We cannot let this case go unsolved. This is all for Brittanie. I applaud the wonderful people on here who do the maps and the timelines etc.-you are the intelligence for the rest of us who are emotianally crippled. Thank you so much. What I can offer is prayers and the Vigil. You sleuths-carry on and God be with you. You are a select and special group. Thank you .......

Do you remember that case where the i forgot now of how many girls there were but they invited one of there so called aquaintences over because they wanted her to be freinds with them and really it was a set up by all the other girls just to make her feel liked so she would come over and look at what happened when she did they beat the chit outta her ....when i read your post that came straight to mind maybe this was all a lure ???????

Yes, I remember it. The girls videotaped it to post it on youtube and myspace. It happened in the Orlando, Florida area. It was sick.

I will admit that it has crossed my mind, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?