Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good point... If we she was not having a good time with the girls, she would probably want to take the first *reasonable* ride home... and PB and the gang would fit the bill... another thought - IF she asked PB+gang if she could tag along for the ride back, what'd he and the gang say? Yes? no?

wish i could find it - i read somewhere that reservations were made.. reservations could not be secured @ BW for the last day? So the motel-change was planned.... do not know if that is true.... i wouldnt know i dont make reservations at places like these, ever.... :)

Even if that is true, it doesnt mean BD was aware of the plans...

i think thats true,,that bd group only had there hotel for few days and knew the last day they had go to another room,this was told and verfied by some of bd family when they were in MB,so this true,,

There is one thing that always has stuck in my mind. BD was a high school student the others were college students. BD had to be back in school Monday morning. That means if DD really didn't know BD was in Myrtle then DD would have expected BD home from a "friends" by mid afternoon on Sunday. If BD planned to stay Saturday night and leave Sunday morning she wouldn't have been home until really late Sunday night? If she planned to go home with the girls she wouldn't have been home until very late Monday night (after school went back).

So why would BD be moving to another hotel with the girls to stay Sunday night to Monday? Am I correct that the girls BD came with went to Boardwalk and checked out of Bar Harbor Sunday morning?

Maybe BD did plan to go home with someone else on Saturday night?

Very good point... If we she was not having a good time with the girls, she would probably want to take the first *reasonable* ride home... and PB and the gang would fit the bill... another thought - IF she asked PB+gang if she could tag along for the ride back, what'd he and the gang say? Yes? no?

wish i could find it - i read somewhere that reservations were made.. reservations could not be secured @ BW for the last day? So the motel-change was planned.... do not know if that is true.... i wouldnt know i dont make reservations at places like these, ever.... :)

Even if that is true, it doesnt mean BD was aware of the plans...

Regarding the comment that CW made - about Brittanee packing to come home.

Maybe Brittanee didn't want to stay any longer with those she arrived with in MB. Perhaps Brittanee knew that PB & crew were allegedly leaving early the next morning and she was hoping to catch a ride back with them? Or maybe catch a ride back with one of the other ROC groups that was there.

ETA: To my knowledge no one has ever said if BD knew about the transition from BH to Boardwalk - but if she did that could also account for her packing her things - just not necessarily to come home.

As I understand it...

BD, AL, JO & PO had the room at the BH from whenever they checked in until check-out time on Sunday morning.

This group knew that the BH did not have a room for them on Sunday and this was their reason for moving to the Boardwalk on Sunday.

Maybe they were going to do something similar to what PB & crew did (in leaving at a certain time). Rest up most of the day on Sunday and leave sometime after midnight in order to make it home at a decent time on Monday.

However - you are right about BD's school... I would venture a guess that school would have been in session on that day...so how was BD going to cover up that she wasn't there?

It was suggested to me months ago that BD may have been looking for a ride from PB and I find this to be very plausible. It was also stated to me that BD had been texting a person at home telling them how horrible people had been to her while on this trip. If she found she couldn't get a ride from him...wonder if she was able to contact any of the others from ROC that was in MB at the time?

FWIW, as a college student, I have the Monday following Spring Break off from school. My sister, who is a senior in high school, also has the Monday after her break off.

You know...that's a really good question...

I don't know if she was expecting things to "go bad" between her and the others, but would tend to believe that she thought she'd be going back home with those she came with.

The only reason I tend to believe that BD possibly tried to make other plans with PB (or someone else) because of the alleged deterioration of the situation between her and her group.

Lindsay - thanks for the school info. You know...after you mentioned that...years and years and years ago when I was in school...sometimes we did have the following Mon. off (depended on how many snow days we had used up). I had forgotten about that.

As I mentioned to everyone previously, I put in a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request to get a copy of any and all tests performed on the sunglasses found near the Santee river.

Saturday 4-3-10 -> Received a letter US Mail from SLED stating that they had to records of any type...

(Before I even had a chance to call them today)

Monday 4-5-10 -> Received a phone call from someone in SLED and stated that there had been a mistake, and they did have some "lab results". This person said they were going to get back to me soon.

Finding out whether or not those sunglasses are a valid lead can go a long way in getting this thing resolved...

\_| Matt |_/

WTG Matt! The responses you received are interesting to say the least...

Now...I have to wonder if anyone is going to actually get back to you...and if they do...what are they going to say? Is it going to be we can't give out the info due to the investigation... OR ...will they say there was no merit to the sunglasses...

Just checked out the gates chili website and this year's school calendar has them off Only Monday through Friday. Not into the 2nd week. From what I recall last year was the same. My son is a high school student in Rochester (not Gates) but he had to go back to school that monday last year. I could be wrong but I'm almost positive they also had to go back to school that Monday April 27th.

Cut from GCHS webpage 2010 Calendar

School Not in Session
Apr 19-23
Spring Recess

Just checking in here....

there was a lot of publicity about "the sunglasses"....how long before the results of the tests on them are known?? thanks

Breaking News

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=441801

Persons of interest developed in missing teen case

Investigators in the case of missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel say they've developed three, possibly four, persons of interest in connection to the teen's disappearance.

"The people we're looking at, I feel really good about because all of our little pieces of evidence ... they're all pointing in the same direction towards certain people," Myrtle Beach Detective Vincent Dorio said Friday.

Bailey said the new information has recently provided enough probable cause for search warrants and even lie detector tests that have been given to the persons of interest.
"There have been some polygraphs, but again, we can't discuss that," Bailey said. "But we're real comfortable with our (persons of interest.)"
Wow! They are closing in!

When asked whether they thought if Drexel is still alive, both Dorio and Bailey said no.
"Things that we are hearing, and I'm speaking for myself, leads to believe that she is not," Bailey said. "In the beginning, it was a missing persons case, but everything we've looked at, I'm confident foul play was involved, and this is probably going to be a homicide investigation."
I hope they can find her and bring her home. My prayers are with Dawn.

That's the best news I've heard all day!

I'm conflicted with this news - I knew that there was almost no chance that Brit was still alive, but seeing the detectives talking about it...depressing. At the same time, knowing that this is not going to be yet another cold case is reassuring...god, I so feel for Brit's family right now.

It don't sound good but maybe there be some closure.
Prayers to Brittanee's family..

Feel bad & thoughts about Brittney's family with the latest news from the detectives. I knew the odd isn't favor when she isn't coming home right away after her Mom pleaded her that way. Hope that they'll bring her home soon for closure.

I really despise the judgmental holier-than-thou SOB's that post crude comments underneath the stories.... These a-holes don't have the whole story, but they think they can pass judgement on people! Especially A family that has had their daughter taken from them!?!??! The audacity of these people.... human garbage... good thing they are hiding behind their keyboards, because i would get in their face and use my freedom of speech to adjust their attitudes...

Sorry, just had to vent y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member