Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the fact that this involves multiple people in that area, I'm thinking that the drug buy gone bad theory is probably going to turn out to be the right one, and it's all probably going to turn out to be incredibly pointless and stupid (not that murder is ever NOT pointless and stupid, but those types of cases tend to be even more so than normal)

That's the best news I've heard all day!

I was thinking about her this week with spring break and all and I come here to find out this great news. Praying for answers for her family. :crossfingers:

From the fact that this involves multiple people in that area, I'm thinking that the drug buy gone bad theory is probably going to turn out to be the right one, and it's all probably going to turn out to be incredibly pointless and stupid (not that murder is ever NOT pointless and stupid, but those types of cases tend to be even more so than normal)

I always wondered if she met up with someone at that Club she had gone to and she ran into them. Hopefully it was what you say and not a violent murder. Poor sweet Baby.

Prayers for peace and comfort for Brittanee's family. I'm sure this news has caused them to run through every known emotion. I can't even begin to imagine what this family has gone through and is continuing to go through. May they somehow find the strength to get through the days ahead.

I always wondered if she met up with someone at that Club she had gone to and she ran into them. Hopefully it was what you say and not a violent murder. Poor sweet Baby.

Well, as much as I wish it wasn't, with drug murders about the best you can hope for violence wise is a bullet to the head...but with Brit being an attractive girl...I'm unfortunately not too optimistic about an easy end for her, if the drug scenario did happen. :(

Drexel case heats up as persons of interest identified
Published Friday, April 09, 2010 7:25 PM

Investigators from three counties who have been working to find a missing New York teenager say they now have “persons of interest” in the case.

Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Lt. Neil Johnson said “based on information that has been collected” investigators feel Brittanee Drexel — who was 17 years old when she disappeared from Myrtle Beach last year — is no longer alive.

Johnson said investigators have “three and possibly four” persons of interest in the case. He said no other details about the persons of interest is being released at this time.

Johnson said there is no reason to believe the persons of interest knew Drexel directly.

He said lie detector tests have been administered to two of them.

Investigators from Horry and Charleston Counties are also involved in the case because Drexel’s last known whereabouts was at a Myrtle Beach hotel.

Signals from her cell phone were detected in the North Santee area along the Georgetown County - Charleston County border on April 26 of last year, one night after she went missing from Myrtle Beach. Several searches have been conducted in the North Santee area as well as in northern Charleston County for any evidence that may lead to Drexel.

Johnson said the case “got hot” in December when Georgetown County Investigator Chris Bailey “received information” about Drexel’s disappearance.

It was in December that searchers found a pair of sunglasses near the river in North Santee.

“Everything we know is leading to this area,” Johnson said. “At this point, based on everything we know, we feel she is not alive.”

Johnson said the evidence continues to point to southern Georgetown County as the place something may have happened to Drexel. He said that is based on the amount of text messages she sent in the days before her disappearance.

“She was constantly on the phone texting. Then it all stopped when she went missing,” he said. “It was like someone took the phone.”

He said a private investigation service from Maine has been hired to help in the case because they have a lot of resources such as cadaver dogs to assist local authorities.

When asked if having persons of interest will lead to charges in the case, Johnson said that is not currently known.

“We could make an arrest next week or next year, we just do not know,” he said.

By Scott Harper

sharper@gtowntimes.com

Just wondered I guess maybe I am confused about the pings. The last pings came an entire night later? And those were the pings from the North Santee area? I guess it's has been said so many different ways I'm confused.

I really despise the judgmental holier-than-thou SOB's that post crude comments underneath the stories.... These a-holes don't have the whole story, but they think they can pass judgement on people! Especially A family that has had their daughter taken from them!?!??! The audacity of these people.... human garbage... good thing they are hiding behind their keyboards, because i would get in their face and use my freedom of speech to adjust their attitudes...

Sorry, just had to vent y'all

Go ahead and vent it is amazing some of the posts that I have read on other sites, they have been terrible. People just don't care. This poor family has been through the most traumatic thing that a family could possilbe go through and the last thing that they need is to read ignorance that spews from those people. This past year has been a living helll for her family and friends and all of us on here that have been posting and now feel that we know Brittanee.

This news is so heart breaking I had so hoped that she would be found alive. I don't know how I thought it would happen but I still held out hope. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

Well, as much as I wish it wasn't, with drug murders about the best you can hope for violence wise is a bullet to the head...but with Brit being an attractive girl...I'm unfortunately not too optimistic about an easy end for her, if the drug scenario did happen. :(

I was thinking along the line of being drugged (date rape drug) where she was unconscious hopefully. But anyway LE got a tip in December which led to these POI. Wow just wow.

I reallly hope this break is what Brittanee needs to come home!

Ok, I was about to say I would be FLOORED if it was her so called "friends" that killed her.

But now I know that is not the case.

I wonder if Brittany was stopped by a car full of guys, like they stopped or asked for directions and grabbed her or something along those lines.

Just thinking outside the box here.

BD's aunt's FB says "4 suspects and location." Hmm?

All of the articles say the tip came in the first part of December. That's when the glasses were found. I wonder if they're connected??

hoping that these people are the right people, I'd hate for them to be the wrong people.

All of the articles say the tip came in the first part of December. That's when the glasses were found. I wonder if they're connected??

I'm sure the tip they have is a very credible one.

"They're describing that area as the "location of interest," and they say it's where the persons of interest live. However, detectives wouldn't provide specific details for fear of jeopardizing the investigation."

I find this information interesting. I'm betting they will find her here :(

I feel bad for PB because people were accusing him of doing something to Brittanee.

"They're describing that area as the "location of interest," and they say it's where the persons of interest live. However, detectives wouldn't provide specific details for fear of jeopardizing the investigation."

I find this information interesting. I'm betting they will find her here :(

I'm very curious to see who these POI are. I hope she didn't suffer but I'm almost betting she did. :(

I'm sure the tip they have is a very credible one.

Um, well, yes... of course.

I was questioning whether the sunglasses and the tip are related since they were during the same time frame.

Just wondered I guess maybe I am confused about the pings. The last pings came an entire night later? And those were the pings from the North Santee area? I guess it's has been said so many different ways I'm confused.

Heres last years news regarding her cell phone pings..

South Carolina authorities have focused their search on an area just south of where teenager Brittanee Drexel disappeared after discovering the last place her cell phone gave off a signal.

Georgetown County Sheriff Lane Cribb said police spent a second day combing a river and highway 35 miles south of Myrtle Beach, where the upstate New York 17-year-old was vacationing on spring break.

Searchers using dogs, helicopters and boats concentrated Saturday on a 7-mile area along the South Santee River and U.S. 17.

Drexel's cell phone signal was captured last Sunday, a day after police say the teen was last seen.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518739,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member