SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE rarely really "clears" anybody, because you never know when a new piece of evidence will come to light that completely changes the picture. So all they can say is that you're not in the picture at this time.

Exactly! Good to know and keep in mind...

I'm a girl..and a girly-girl at that and I doubt you'd find many girls who'd disagree with you about the first part of the above post re: deleting unflattering pic, retake and repeat til you approve of the pic that's being sent.. I get that and agree..

But, just as you go on to say in the above post..
A) it quite obviously, and without doubt, is NOT Heather that is taking the pic..

And I add to that..
B) The person who IS taking the pic is the guy with whom she is on a VERY FIRST DATE..

IMO, B) is an extremely important factor to consider in deciding whether or not Heather would have sent what is IYO, an "unflattering pic" of herself to her dad.. The reason being is because this is a guy who she is on a first date with.. This is NOT someone she'd been dating for a while who knew all of Heather's ins&outs, like&dislikes, and insecurities, quirks, etc..IMO this makes a big difference in Heather having not made a big to-do over a pic she felt wasn't flattering of herself, insisting that he delete and take another.. Again, yes that is what a lot us, girls may generally do, but I believe that when put in the factual context of the situation being a new guy, on a first date..

Well, IMO. Many of the girls who would generally insist on delete and retake..delete and retake..delete and retake until they are satisfied with the pic before sending ..This is not something that they'd do with a new guy, on a first date.. I mean come on..what if Heather had put on some weight that she wasn't comfortable with and therefor in order for her to be satisfied with it being "flattering" enough, it could take multiple deletes&retakes, along with her adjusting and re-adjusting herself in attempting to make the pic most "flattering".. Yea, that'd make a real comfy situation with a new guy, on a first date..See what I'm saying?

While yes, we'd be doing exactly that if we were taking selfies, or if a friend was taking the pic, or even a boyfriend you'd been with for sometime that knew your quirks..but IMVSO, NO, most would NOT be insisting on the "delete/retake&repeat til I'm satisfied" routine with a NEW guy, on their VERY FIRST DATE..jmo.

Ok...I understand....and agree...maybe not delete adjust retake delete adjust retake..... but maybe just not send....save to send later....maybe take one yourself....

ALSO...in your opinion....would you willingly place your own phone in a first date's hand at all?....

Someone jump in here, because my memory just isn't what if used to be, but I thought I recalled someone saying date was someone she knew for a while but this was their first "date". Does that seem familiar to anyone else or did I just dream it?

Here's a zoom in of the object on the dashboard. I still think it's the back of a white baseball cap. You can see the silver stitching/rivets and the gauges we've been discussing as well....
e2ezu5a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.com

These arent selfies....they must have been taken by her date right?

Is that a drive-thru window to the left of Heather's side of the window?

I know it may be next to impossible... But does anyone recognize the "window"...?

It looks like a stainless steel counter and frame..... ... But maybe a fast food... Or a coffee house? (Starbuck's, etc.)...

:dunno:

Is that a drive-thru window to the left of Heather's side of the window?

I know it may be next to impossible... But does anyone recognize the "window"...?

It looks like a stainless steel counter and frame..... ... But maybe a fast food... Or a coffee house? (Starbuck's, etc.)...

:dunno:

They were in a Kmart parking lot. you can see in photos further up.

I can't seem to find in all the articles I've read but this case is bizarre. In one article it mentions upon finding her car it was locked. That's been in many articles. No one who is abducted IMO locks their car. Also- it says she is 5'1 and 118 pounds. According to her tumblr her CW was 103. So 15 pounds on a petite frame would show most definitely. It just seems so strange her car was allowed to be driven home; almost immediately dismissing any thought of foul play.

▲Moonchild▼ ‏@HeatherElvis 14 May They say you can't run from your problems; watch me as I book my flight to Thailand

A line from another poster.

usually when someone wants to disappear they really desire to just be found.

Thank you about the car being locked. I had wondered about that. That usually happens on impulse as second nature when one is going to be leaving there vehicle unattended for an period of time.

From reading her Facebook and twitter account looking at photos etc. I am not like many others certain she was abducted and killed.

For now, until the evidence said otherwise. I think she is still with us somewhere. And for whatever reason has not been in contact with her family. I am hoping this is just some publicity stunt for whatever reason and she will phone home one day soon and bring this to an end.

Exactly! Good to know and keep in mind...

I get what you are trying to say and I know it's not about her weight what you were 'insinuating' and no we can't post it on here because the person isn't a suspect....

That being said, just because LE publicly states someone is not a POI doesn't mean they aren't. Actually I think they may say that sometimes on purpose when all the while the person actually is a POI.

I think it is possible she has not gained significant weight. Every picture I have seen of her shows chubby cheeks and some bloating from time to time even when she was very thin. I actually have the same-no matter how skinny I get I always have a bit of extra flesh in my face and neck areas. It sucks because one angle can look normal and a different angle=obese even though I am not.
She is gorgeous either way and is probably aware of that issue like most chubby-faced girls so all the posed pictures are taken from a flattering angle. That side angle of her in the car is one of the most unflattering, unforgiving angles. Oh and don't get me started on bloating which seems to happen even worse when you do have that type of face. I am not saying any of this to be rude, by the way. It is just a facial type that some of us have to exist with and I always heard that ultimately it works out because chubbier cheeks=looking younger when we get older :p

Anyway, main point being that I don't think she looks that different in all of her pictures to the point that people wouldn't recognize her if they saw her. I do agree the tattoo information should have been widely used in every description. That would not change.

I hope she is found soon, but I have a bad feeling about what type of discovery it will be. I think the entire case may rest on the 3:41 correspondence. Who would she be talking to that late? Would it really be as easy as the perp contacting her and asking her to meet him? It feels like we would have known if it was that straightforward.

I think they are showing a "positive" side of her...always in make up ,smiling , no tattoos , dressed nice, no dyed hair and I don't blame them ...jmo

I think they are showing a "positive" side of her...always in make up ,smiling , no tattoos , dressed nice, no dyed hair and I don't blame them ...jmo

But it also does not help to identify her, if she is really "out there" someplace.

TK is open until 2am. Maybe HE left her apartment to follow someone home from TK or check up on someone else not associated with TK, after she said goodnight to her date? It was her first date and maybe she wasn't over someone else yet?

Let's pretend Heather walks in this room and sees what is being written. Will she feel that it was helpful to locating her?

Just be mindful of that as we share information. Discussing what she looks like and changes in appearance for identification purposes are important, but don't elaborate more than we need. :kimsterwink:

IMO it would help to know the dates on all photos.
Her last picture in the truck stick shift driving, she looks older and so much heavier (double chin)?
Her looks change in every one!
I would never recognize her from the TKILT picture or the VINE one.

Perhaps we are going in different directions because there is nothing to post really. LE is keeping the lid too tight, or...there is simply nothing to report.

So far, this is what I have that is of interest to me. I still would like to know if her apartment was found locked or unlocked by LE but I don't think that has been established. Finding it locked would be another indication that she left the apt on her own and would indicate she was going to see someone.

-her car was locked (tells me she secured it when getting out and that she probably got out to get into a boat/car of someone she knew.

-FHEFB page asked about a pontoon boat, and we have a photo that shows she does at least know someone with a pontoon boat.

-She had just moved in to her apartment less than two weeks before she disappeared.

-Her roommate and other friends were out of town, gone home for the holidays. She was alone. This is important to me because if the person is someone she knows..then BW probably knows them too. If this person called HE to meet them, then BW maybe would have gone too or would have known who HE was going to meet, if she were at home. So picking a time that Heather would be all alone would be necessary.

-No signs of struggle anywhere. (again, points in the direction she knows the person)

- last cell phone activity 3:41am on 18th. TE cannot release details as part of investigation.

-LE not saying anything, at all, about anything other than that she is missing. Nothing.

Perhaps we are going in different directions because there is nothing to post really. LE is keeping the lid too tight, or...there is simply nothing to report.

So far, this is what I have that is of interest to me. I still would like to know if her apartment was found locked or unlocked by LE but I don't think that has been established. Finding it locked would be another indication that she left the apt on her own and would indicate she was going to see someone.

-her car was locked (tells me she secured it when getting out and that she probably got out to get into a boat/car of someone she knew.

-FHEFB page asked about a pontoon boat, and we have a photo that shows she does at least know someone with a pontoon boat.

-She had just moved in to her apartment less than two weeks before she disappeared.

-Her roommate and other friends were out of town, gone home for the holidays. She was alone. This is important to me because if the person is someone she knows..then BW probably knows them too. If this person called HE to meet them, then BW maybe would have gone too, if she were at home. So picking a time that Heather would be all alone would be necessary.

-No signs of struggle anywhere. (again, points in the direction she knows the person)

- last cell phone activity 3:41am on 18th. TE cannot release details as part of investigation.

-LE not saying anything, at all, about anything other than that she is missing. Nothing.

Also a mention of a boat trailer with no taillights...and a request to report truck activity on a different location along the same body of water that her car was found next to...

Worth noting!

Let's pretend Heather walks in this room and sees what is being written. Will she feel that it was helpful to locating her?

Just be mindful of that as we share information. Discussing what she looks like and changes in appearance for identification purposes are important, but don't elaborate more than we need. :kimsterwink:
Bumping...

From this article:

http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

". . .he did say he was contacted on Dec. 19 when her green Dodge Intrepid was located. “An officer came just after dark and we went down to take a look where the car was there, after an hour of trying to call her it went straight to voicemail. By 7 p.m. I was frantic.”"

"As for the guy, Lt. Kegler said, “He has since been interviewed and cleared he is not a suspect.""

--
So the officer came just after dark to tell TE about car, that would be 5:00, 5:15?? Then he goes to check out the car, then starts calling her. He says AFTER an hour of trying to call her it went straight to voicemail.

I'm thinking THIS is when her phone died. If it didn't go straight to voicemail immediately then it was turned on.
And considering all he said, that would be about 7pm if you account for time to go out to PTL check it out, drive the car back home (if this happened) start calling Heather then after an hour it goes directly to voicemail and dad is frantic.

Soooooo hoping this is correct and phone was on and pinging away.

Also thought it interesting that the direct quote from the Lt. says date is cleared and not a suspect.

He didn't say not a suspect at this time.
And he said -- cleared.

It's a direct quote so I hope this isn't shotty reporting.
I thought I've seen other reports that say -- at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking THIS is when her phone died. If it didn't go straight to voicemail immediately then it was turned on.
And considering all he said that would be about 7pm if you account for time to go out to PTL check it out, drive the car back home (if this happened) start calling Heather then after an hour it goes directly to voicemail and dad is frantic.

Good observation. Hopefully this is what happened.

I participated in the CUE ground search today and I am pooped; we covered a lot of ground!

From this article:

http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

". . .he did say he was contacted on Dec. 19 when her green Dodge Intrepid was located. “An officer came just after dark and we went down to take a look where the car was there, after an hour of trying to call her it went straight to voicemail. By 7 p.m. I was frantic.”"

"As for the guy, Lt. Kegler said, “He has since been interviewed and cleared he is not a suspect.""

--
So the officer came just after dark to tell TE about car, that would be 5:00, 5:15?? Then he goes to check out the car, then starts calling her. He says AFTER an hour of trying to call her it went straight to voicemail.

And considering all he said, that would be about 7pm if you account for time to go out to PTL check it out, drive the car back home (if this happened) start calling Heather then after an hour it goes directly to voicemail and dad is frantic.

Also thought it interesting that the direct quote from the Lt. says date is cleared and not a suspect.

He didn't say not a suspect at this time.
And he said -- cleared.

It's a direct quote so I hope this isn't shotty reporting.
I thought I've seen other reports that say -- at this time.

ShareTheLight,

I was hoping another WSer would have the chance to go over this article with a fine toothed comb! :tyou:
Assuming IDCrimeFeed approached this with true investigative journalism, and the reporting is accurate, then LE has at least an hour of active pinging before the phone went to voicemails (great catch, BTW!).

And yes, one of the main reasons I re-posted this on both threads was the direct quote from Lt. Kegler, clearing the date.

With so little to go on, and no official pressers, I do believe this is one of the few direct LE quotes we have on the case It's definitely the most recent/detailed.

The silence the HCPD is inflicting upon the public is excruciating. I truly hope they are working towards finding Heather soon! :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg