SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was another comment I had thought about after reading the article. But, the way it was stated, I wasn't sure if he meant it went to voicemail after an hour, or they tried for an hour but it kept going to voicemail. It did sound the first way, but I'm not sure people are always that clear. Cause usually when I start calling my phone too much, when I'm looking for it, it starts going to voicemail after the 3rd or 4th time, even though it's not completely dead. Does that make sense?

From this article:

http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

". . .he did say he was contacted on Dec. 19 when her green Dodge Intrepid was located. “An officer came just after dark and we went down to take a look where the car was there, after an hour of trying to call her it went straight to voicemail. By 7 p.m. I was frantic.”"

"As for the guy, Lt. Kegler said, “He has since been interviewed and cleared he is not a suspect.""

--
So the officer came just after dark to tell TE about car, that would be 5:00, 5:15?? Then he goes to check out the car, then starts calling her. He says AFTER an hour of trying to call her it went straight to voicemail.

I'm thinking THIS is when her phone died. If it didn't go straight to voicemail immediately then it was turned on.
And considering all he said, that would be about 7pm if you account for time to go out to PTL check it out, drive the car back home (if this happened) start calling Heather then after an hour it goes directly to voicemail and dad is frantic.

Soooooo hoping this is correct and phone was on and pinging away.

Also thought it interesting that the direct quote from the Lt. says date is cleared and not a suspect.

He didn't say not a suspect at this time.
And he said -- cleared.

It's a direct quote so I hope this isn't shotty reporting.
I thought I've seen other reports that say -- at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this could mean someone was possibly acting suspicious, but no one would have paid attention to it because they didn't know Heather had vanished yet.

Here's a zoom in of the object on the dashboard. I still think it's the back of a white baseball cap. You can see the silver stitching/rivets and the gauges we've been discussing as well....
e2ezu5a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.com

Its too big to be a hat. Its her purse... the car wasn't moving. (oversized) hat or not, why would something that big be in the way of her view if she was in neutral switching to 1st just learning how to drive stick. I think perhaps she noticed he had a stick shift and thought about her dad teaching her, told a funny story maybe, told her date to take a picture of her and ran around to the driver side. propped her purse on the dash, and said cheese. Car is in park. I'll go as far as to say that the yellow/orange light on the far left of the panel is the "door ajar" light... she didn't even close the door all the way.

Perhaps we are going in different directions because there is nothing to post really. LE is keeping the lid too tight, or...there is simply nothing to report.

So far, this is what I have that is of interest to me. I still would like to know if her apartment was found locked or unlocked by LE but I don't think that has been established. Finding it locked would be another indication that she left the apt on her own and would indicate she was going to see someone.

-her car was locked (tells me she secured it when getting out and that she probably got out to get into a boat/car of someone she knew.

-FHEFB page asked about a pontoon boat, and we have a photo that shows she does at least know someone with a pontoon boat.

-She had just moved in to her apartment less than two weeks before she disappeared.

-Her roommate and other friends were out of town, gone home for the holidays. She was alone. This is important to me because if the person is someone she knows..then BW probably knows them too. If this person called HE to meet them, then BW maybe would have gone too or would have known who HE was going to meet, if she were at home. So picking a time that Heather would be all alone would be necessary.

-No signs of struggle anywhere. (again, points in the direction she knows the person)

- last cell phone activity 3:41am on 18th. TE cannot release details as part of investigation.

-LE not saying anything, at all, about anything other than that she is missing. Nothing.

I've heard nothing about the condo - locked or unlocked. HOWEVER, on GM America a spokesman for the HCSO stated that no signs of violence or struggle in the condo. Whatever happened was somewhere else?

Her car was locked and the keys not with the car. Someone planted the car there? Maybe locked the car and pocketed the keys out of habit or reflex? No signs of struggle in car. No carjacking?

Of course, we don't know when the car was parked at the landing. 3:41 AM on the 18th? Or planted there at a later time?

Last cell phone use at 3:41 and somewhere it was stated in the media that the last ping was shortly after that use. Walking to her car, texting/talking on phone and not aware of her surroundings? Someone rushed her while she was preoccupied? Of course, if it occurred AFTER leaving a late hour convenience store, one would think there would be a surveillance video in the store showing her making a purchase.

Police report mentions a surveillance video from a business with a drive thru. At some place like the 24 hour McDonalds? Bank ATM? If it was a bank ATM she was either seen in the background or she was conducting a transaction. If HE herself conducted the transaction there would be a bank transaction. One hasn't been mentioned. (Of course LE may know, but are not telling.)

I don't recall hearing in the media if there has been no activity on her debit or charge cards. Don't they usually say that if there has been no activity?

Great observation about the phone dying! I can't make up my mind whether or not the pings would imply that she and/or her phone were moving in that time frame. If it stuck to just one tower, the search would be heavily concentrated there.. but if it had been on the move, the search would be concentrated in the direction of the travel (since there's no reason to believe it died at its final destination?).

That's probably something they definitely can't reveal to the public either way. Though if BD's travel map released was really early on, that must mean they can't as quickly conclude stranger abduction as they presumably did with BD.

I participated in the CUE ground search today and I am pooped; we covered a lot of ground!

:tyou: MBNative!

Here's some :coffeecup::cupcake: for you, to unwind! Your efforts are beyond appreciated!

:praying:
#FindHeatherElvis

It's a ball cap for sure.

how for sure? the height of it is a bit extreme as a ball cap. I've looked at it several times and still have not seen a ball cap. exactly what does that silver medallion represent, if it is a ball cap? what team logo are you seeing?

With the lack of details here (which I will put my blind faith in LE that they have a darn good reason for the lack of pressers??)...I can only wonder what happened to Heather.

I wonder if she was a car locker by habit? I am...my car is locked everywhere I go...at all times!!

Which got me to thinking...did she lock her car at her apartment complex? Or, could someone have been hiding in her car waiting for her?

Its too big to be a hat. Its her purse... the car wasn't moving. (oversized) hat or not, why would something that big be in the way of her view if she was in neutral switching to 1st just learning how to drive stick. I think perhaps she noticed he had a stick shift and thought about her dad teaching her, told a funny story maybe, told her date to take a picture of her and ran around to the driver side. propped her purse on the dash, and said cheese. Car is in park. I'll go as far as to say that the yellow/orange light on the far left of the panel is the "door ajar" light... she didn't even close the door all the way.

With all due respect, the orange lights could be reflections on the dash panel itself. The bright orange icon was added by tapatalk when I zoomed into the original image to screencap this for comparison.

ETA: I thought I remember reading something about HE not carrying a purse in the past, but it appears I misquoted a rumor and I apologize!. Thank you nosysw for correcting me, so I could edit my post!

In any event, we honestly don't know what that object is, so all we can say is what we think it is, and add IMO/JMO/MOO. :)

The car is supposed to be a manual transmission. If that's true, it can't be in "park." It would be in neutral, with the parking brake in place. Again, the RPM gauge reading 2x (2000RPM) leads me to believe the engine was a bit higher than just an idle. In addition, the background appears to be in motion. Lastly, I've seen baseball caps on the dashboards of moving trucks before. I can't say the same for a purse. IMO, it's not a purse (for the reasons stated above). JMO......

Really feel strongly thats a hat. But, I am actually pretty sure it doesn't really matter what it is, as far as the investigation goes. But since we have nothing...I'll play along and say...its a hat.

With all due respect, the orange lights could be reflections on the dash panel itself. The bright orange icon was added by tapatalk when I zoomed into the original image to screencap this for comparison.

[modsnip] In any event, we honestly don't know what that object is, so all we can say is what we think it is, and add IMO/JMO/MOO. :)

I can't say the same for a purse. IMO, it's not a purse (for the reasons stated above). JMO......

Above, RS&BBM:

I just have to jump in here quick because LadyHawkke did not say she didn't carry a purse. Someone else did, still not sure who, but I'm positive it wasn't LH because I said she had said that a while back and she jumped it to correct me. So, I have to apologize, again, for starting that rumor, with my faulty recollection :blushing: You probably remember me saying LadyHawkke said she didn't carry a purse, when actually it was someone else I never figured out. Sorry !

BTW- I totally think it's a hat. Those rivet(?) things are there and I can't imagine them on a purse. The silver looking thing could be a pin, or something. I've seen people put them on hats...IMO.

I participated in the CUE ground search today and I am pooped; we covered a lot of ground!

So good to hear people are coming out and helping! I take it by the lack of news that nothing was found? Can you tell us what areas were searched? The same as before or have they widened the search area?

Really feel strongly thats a hat. But, I am actually pretty sure it doesn't really matter what it is, as far as the investigation goes. But since we have nothing...I'll play along and say...its a hat.

It looks like a Snapback. A type of cap. Can someone post a pic of one? I am in a car. Not driving BTW.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

a verified insider (creek ratz?) already confirmed it was a hat in the dashboard.

I have two little girls and find myself Googling sex offenders and looking over my shoulder holding my kids' hands walking out of Target on Seaboard St. knowing this person/these people are somewhere... and no one is safe, ever, because it seems like there is always a lunatic around somewhere.

I'm sure her friends, especially her roommate must be terrified right now. To think it may be someone they all know, and not know who.....can't imagine the feeling.

That was another comment I had thought about after reading the article. But, the way it was stated, I wasn't sure if he meant it went to voicemail after an hour, or they tried for an hour but it kept going to voicemail. It did sound the first way, but I'm not sure people are always that clear. Cause usually when I start calling my phone too much, when I'm looking for it, it starts going to voicemail after the 3rd or 4th time, even though it's not completely dead. Does that make sense?

Makes sense nosysw, but I must admit, I've never heard of this before :blushing:

Might be time for a :websleuther: experiment to address the following:

I wonder if this is carrier specific? Or device specific?

:great: post!

I can't tell if her dad means it did not go to voice mail at first, or if he just meant that after an hour of hearing voice mail, he was worried. Sometimes we try to read too much into wording, IMO, especially when desperate for clues.

Also, on NG, (which was basically a dud, information-wise) NG asked or mentioned something about "roommates" and whether any of them were home when Heather returned from her date...but then of course went on to something else without waiting for a reply. So, does she have more than one roommate? Was anyone home? (I assume not, since it does not seem to be known if she just went out on her own, or with someone, etc.) but you never know. So little is being said. LE still has not indicated they believe a crime has occurred.

I also thought at first that this was definitely a hat, however, after seeing the zoomed up version of it I am now convinced that it is Heather's purse. I thought everybody seeing a handbag was loco, but I totally see it now. My bad :blushing:.

IIRC, LadyHawkke has stated HE doesn't carry a purse in the past. Maybe she did for a special occasion (1st date?), maybe she didn't. In any event, we honestly don't know what that object is, so all we can say is what we think it is, and add IMO/JMO/MOO. :)

The car is supposed to be a manual transmission. If that's true, it can't be in "park." It would be in neutral, with the parking brake in place. Again, the RPM gauge reading 2x (2000RPM) leads me to believe the engine was a bit higher than just an idle. In addition, the background appears to be in motion. Lastly, I've seen baseball caps on the dashboards of moving trucks before. I can't say the same for a purse. IMO, it's not a purse (for the reasons stated above). JMO......

purse.jpg

stick.jpg

If it was a cap, it would have a handle in front of the silver-ish logo. I don't see one. as far as the purse thing. There are other pictures of HE carrying a purse. not completely outside of the realm of possibility that she happened to decide to use one that night. this one even looks like a plausible possibility of being the same one. In regard to the panel lights, I'v pointed to the ones that I suspect could be door ajar and park. anyone with that kind of truck on here can confirm or deny is welcomed to.

I try to visualize her reaching for the supposed hat. Its almost freakish how big that hat would look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg