SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
August 17th, 2 tweets from HE.

"At doctors care cause I fell down the stairs at work like a little *****."

"Passed a drug test.. smoked yesterday.. what?"

It seems that she fell down,went to the doc....that tweet is followed by the drug test comment. Was she tested for drugs after falling at work?

It seems that she fell down,went to the doc....that tweet is followed by the drug test comment. Was she tested for drugs after falling at work?

Not sure if she was tested after she fail but that is what it seems. This would not be uncommon in the event that a workman's comp case was filed they would want to know if she had drugs in her system.

Do we know that she purchased her phone in another time zone? I'm on the east coast and have Verizon (purchased service here) and the time on my bill is always correct.

BBM. I would imagine she was tested after falling at work. Employers want to make sure their employees weren't under the influence of drugs or alcohol when they got injured on the job...they probably can dispute having to pay the person's medical bills if it's found that the employee was drunk or high when they got injured on the job.

If you are hurt at work you have to take a drug test to prove you weren't on drugs at the time. If it comes back positive workers comp benefits are ill eligible. (That is how it is here in anyway)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Originally Posted by Motherof5
There was a RSO listed in this forum who lives near HE's apartment and he is on FB.
I had mentioned pretty early on a RSO who lived in the complex across from HE and I think that is what's being referenced here..
The message was from or to the kitchen manager of TK. He is on the registry.

Not sure if she was tested after she fail but that is what it seems. This would not be uncommon in the event that a workman's comp case was filed they would want to know if she had drugs in her system.

I was just wondering if that could be the cause of her bills? Someone had said that if she actually failed the test,the company wouldn't pay the bill.

Anyone else notice that BW mentioned yesterday on her SM that she's moving to "jville"? I'm not sure if it's serious, sarcastic, or because she doesn't have access to her apt right now?

I was just wondering if that could be the cause of her bills? Someone had said that if she actually failed the test,the company wouldn't pay the bill.
I think they would have fired her(drinking/drugs on the job) if that was true.

HE mentioned nerve damage pain on her Twitter account. I could be wrong, but I also got the impression she was accusing someone of pushing her down the stairs. I don't know how that might affect who was responsible for her medical bills.

If you are hurt at work you have to take a drug test to prove you weren't on drugs at the time. If it comes back positive workers comp benefits are ill eligible. (That is how it is here in anyway)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

http://www.businessinsurance.com/article/20120203/NEWS08/120209954?tags=|68|305|340|304|92

Laws can vary from state to state, but it's not exactly cut and dried. In order to deny benefits, the courts have to find that the employee was intoxicated at the time of the accident AND that the intoxication was a contributing factor to the accident. I don't know if either of those are true in this case or if there was a court ruling on the matter. It's possible I suppose, but not likley unless HE was lying about the test not coming back hot.

HE mentioned nerve damage pain on her Twitter account. I could be wrong, but I also got the impression she was accusing someone of pushing her down the stairs. I don't know how that might affect who was responsible for her medical bills.

This wouldn't affect work comp coverage if she was at work, as long as HE herself didn't do anything to nullify the coverage. If this is true, then the work comp carrier can sue the perpetrator to recover for any liability he might have, but they can't deny paying HE for a work injury just because it was caused by someone else. The whole work comp insurance system was developed to avoid making employees sue people for work injuries.

Bumping from Thread #3/Post #345 & Thread #5/Post #1109.

According to her twitter on August 17 she went to the doctors after falling down the stairs at work

PeterThomasFan said:
Then, there should definitely be an "Accident Report" filed internally by The Tilted Kilt.

Most (if not all) Corporations that have procedures in place would be required to report an accident no matter how small. They would also make the Employee go to their company Doctor immediately.

PeterThomasFan said:
Following up on this, I see that HE went to Doctor's Care on 8/17 [for her accident at TK]. As with most (if not all) employers, a drug test is administered in the event of an accident.

In a Tweet prior, HE states she passed a DT after "smoking yesterday".

If this is true, then the DT would have been a false negative? Did HE see the actual results? I think not.

So, if it were the case that the DT was actually positive, did TK Management overlook the fact? Hmmmm? That would open up some room for further speculation in regards to their latest statement posted on FHEFB page IMO.

Lastly, the accident report should have been filed with their Corporate Office, right? Did that report in fact make it to Corporate? If not, then someone has some explaining to do.

###

O/T: Getting slightly frustrated that a lot of items have already been discussed here in previous threads. I realize it's hard to keep up with all of the posting activity, but you really have to read from day one to absorb all of the information and to get a full feel of what we know collectively. Without any new info or sleuths from existing facts, theories, or ideas, then – we are simply spinning our wheels IMO.:banghead:

ptf, this happens with every thread that goes on and on. Frustrating, for sure!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Heather Elvis: Tips on missing woman steady after national attention
BY AMANDA KELLEY
(Myrtle Beach) Sun-NewsJanuary 10, 2014 Updated 1 hour ago

http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/10/3199810/heather-elvis-tips-on-missing.html

"A task force in Horry County is working around the clock looking for 20-year-old Heather Elvis, who was last seen about 2:30 a.m. Dec. 17.

Searchers will return to Myrtle Beach on Saturday to look for clues in Elvis' disappearance. Volunteers who want to help should sign up at www.ncmissingpersons.org/volunteer-online-2/ "

Find Heather Elvis efforts continue this weekend

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24415527/find-heather-elvis-efforts-continue-this-weekend

"MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -
A tent will be set up with information about Heather Elvis from Socastee who went missing December 17. The volunteers will set up next to the railroad tracks next to Bob Evans off of 501 by Riveroaks. The volunteers will be out there Friday, January 10, starting at 5 p.m. and they're remain out there until Sunday, January 12, at 11 p.m.

They will hand out flyers and take any anonymous leads with no questions asked."

Just a reminder...

When you are posting something that Heather said from the social media make sure you are providing a link to the site you are talking about.

:tyou:

Bumping from Thread #3/Post #345 & Thread #5/Post #1109.

###

O/T: Getting slightly frustrated that a lot of items have already been discussed here in previous threads. I realize it's hard to keep up with all of the posting activity, but you really have to read from day one to absorb all of the information and to get a full feel of what we know collectively. Without any new info or sleuths from existing facts, theories, or ideas, then – we are simply spinning our wheels IMO.:banghead:

Yes, it can be. But it can be a good thing, too. A scenario or theory raised in an early thread may become more plausible as new information or corrections become known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare