SC SC - Justin Turner, 5, Moncks Corner, 5 March 1989

The compartment he was found in is probably the size of a small bench for 2 people..anyone lifting the cushion would have seen a body in there..its not that big of a space.I can not imagine the PO not finding his body in there..I personally do not think he was there when the PO looked,I think he was put there after the search,but I do not understand why the father would want to find him,if he is part of his murder....

There are only a few stories written about Justin's case..I have not found out where the father was that morning.I do remember reading a coke bottle was used on him and the step-mother was in shower..There is a pic of where the trailer use to sit,its a lot now with a lot of trees..nothing there anymore.I also have not read where Justin had any siblings and why he was not living with his mother.Not a lot of info out there,I was hoping 4BB got a hold of the lead officer and get us an update,maybe I will try myself to e-mail him,maybe if he sees people intrested in getting Justice for Justin- he will update us

I havent gotten a response yet. :( I even wrote a few childhood friends that lived close to Justin and got no response from anyone.

Justin's body showed signs of sexual abuse and the Coca Cola bottle was the rumor at that time. I do not know if they have any evidence of an object.

I did manage to make a little map.

Justin Turner file.jpg

The search was initially described as "brief" - it was only later the peek-in-the-compartment story was told. The cop who "searched" the camper may also have been covering his *advertiser censored* when he said he took a look in there and didn't see Justin. Searching under the seats doesn't exactly constitute a "brief" search, does it? That'd come under "thorough" search. Which the police otherwise admit simply didn't happen.

I did not get a response either,maybe they think the case is to cold to solve,they did say the don;t know anymore today than they did back then.Sad that Justin may never see Justice!!

That article said that the stepmother, who remains a POI on the case, has changed her name and moved upstate. I wonder if they are keeping an eye on her? Surely, if she sexually abused and killed this young boy, she has continued along that path. imoo

After a coroner's inquest, a jury recommended the boy's stepmother, Pamela Turner be charged with murder. She was arrested, charged and then released due to lack of evidence.

The article says that some evidence was lost. Given that forensic science is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was in 1989 I hope and pray that the detectives have another look at what they do have and see if it can be tested now.

Wow. Thanks for bringing this case to light. So much of this reminds me of the Ramseys. Hidden place, checked by the father, body found by the father, evidence of strangulation and sexual assault. Very similar. Anyone know what the strangulation implement was?

The stepmother's name is now Meagan (Megan) Renee Turner and she has lived in Campobello, and Inman SC. She is about 51 years old now and was born in June 1960. The father goes by Vic Lee Turner or Victor Lee Turner. Records do not indicate a divorce. The stepmother was also related to some of the police in BC at that time. I am sure a quick internet cross check with her maiden name and the officer's names will tell you which ones. They were maybe her cousins or something. Her maiden name was Pamela Karen *her last known address is
1480 Melvin hill rd Campobello**29322 and she has also had a PO Box in Inman SC. *

I was almost 8 years old when Justin was murdered and even at that young of an age I can remember so much like it was yesterday! Justin was my lil cousin and my family would love nothing more than to have this case solved and bring closure to my family. Just recently in Sept. 2013 his last living blood relative on his mothers side passed. His Grandmother lived out her days of wanting to find justice striving for answers. With todays social networking I am trying to get the word out, hoping for the slightest piece of information that can reinvent this case! ANYONE on this site who can help me please visit my facebook page I created just for Justin @ https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForJustinLeeTurner. The more likes and shares the farther the information can be spread!!

MONCKS CORNER, S.C. (WCIV) — A family is renewing their calls for justice in a Berkeley County cold case.

27 years later, Berkeley County family still seeks answers in 5-year-old boy's death -

The only suspect ever charged in this case was Turner's step mother, Pamela Turner, but the charges were dropped. Investigators say there was never any physical evidence to prove it.

"No DNA evidence will ever go back to solve this case because it had a right to be where it was at," investigator Sydney Wrenn explained. "No hair particles could ever be brought back because it had a right to be where it was at."

Wrenn said all he ever had was circumstantial evidence. Evidence he believes, had he had the chance, could have led to a considerable case against Turner's step mother.

Wrenn said the search for five-year-old Turner began the day he disappeared. He said dozens of investigators were on Victor Lee Turner's property all weekend long. Wrenn said he finds it suspicious no investigator was able to find the child's body in the camper.

The elder Turner allegedly found the body Sunday.

"Pulled the cabinet right open and said -- 'here he is here he is'," Wrenn recalled. "'I found him.' This is what they told me, and of course, he was dead."

Berkeley County Sheriff Duane Lewis said Wednesday investigators searched the spot where Turner was found several times. He said reports indicate he wasn't there before.

http://abcnews4.com/news/local/27-y...-still-seeks-answers-in-5-year-old-boys-death

Lewis said there is some evidence in the 27-year-old reports he believes he may be able to use.

MONCKS CORNER, S.C. (WCIV) — A family is renewing their calls for justice in a Berkeley County cold case.

27 years later, Berkeley County family still seeks answers in 5-year-old boy's death -

The only suspect ever charged in this case was Turner's step mother, Pamela Turner, but the charges were dropped. Investigators say there was never any physical evidence to prove it.

Lewis said there is some evidence in the 27-year-old reports he believes he may be able to use.

RSBM

I just found this case and read all the comments plus some of the articles. This is heartbreaking. Poor baby.

Exciting they have opened it again! I hope they find justice for this sweet boy.

I came across this article in a web search.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/NC/19910119/News/605190722/SJ/

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Posted Jan 19, 1991 at 12:01 AM[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]murder
Associated Press
CHARLESTON - A Berkeley County boy may be a witness to the murder of Justin Lee Turner two years ago, authorities now say.
The boy, who was then 6, has told his mother and counselors that he saw a man wrap his hand around 5-year-old Justin’s mouth and pull him away to a waiting car.
He’s even drawn a picture of him. But days after Justin’s body was found in a pickup truck camper outside his house near Moncks Corner, on March 5, 1988, psychiatrists said the boy must have been imagining it. At the time, police dismissed his story without ever talking to him. Now, however, police believe the boy repre sents possibly the best chance they have of ever finding out who sexually assaulted Justin with a cylindrical object and strangled him with a small belt or pet leash. “The boy,” Berkeley County Sheriff Ray Isgett said, “is a key.” The boy has spoken only haltingly to his mother or counselors about what he says he saw. His mother said he was traumatized and is only now getting over his fear of going outside alone. Also, the mother said she fears for her son’s life. She has refused the release of their names because she’s concerned with his safety. She re ceived several anonymous phone threats after the murder, she said. “We think he was threatened by a man, but who we don’t know,” the mother said at an inter view at her house. Pamela Turner, Justin’s stepmother, said she was in the shower on March 3, 1988, a Friday, when Justin left the house to go to a neighbor’s to wait on the school bus. The bus was to take him to Whitesville Elementary School. He never got on the bus. More than 100 police, family and neighbors searched for Justin over the weekend. Berkeley County sheriff’s officers searched a blue pickup truck camper parked behind the Turners’ house. Monday morning, Justin’s body was found in side a storage cabinet underneath a seat in the camper. His pants had been pulled down about a third of the way. Justin’s murder shocked the Lowcountry, and residents worried there was a “raving lunatic” roaming about. Parents kept their children in side, and everyone waited for the sheriff’s depart ment to make an arrest. Sidney Wrenn, the chief investigator, focused his investigation on Mrs. Turner and her hus band, Victor, who both refused to take lie detec tor tests. A coroner’s jury would later recommend that Mrs. Turner be charged for the murder. She was arrested in December 1989, and indicted by a grand jury two months later. The family moved to the Upstate, and nine months after her indictment, prosecutors dropped the charge against her, saying they didn’t have enough evidence for a conviction. The boy said Justin walked out of his house and down his driveway toward a pine tree. A man suddenly stood up from behind a 4-foot pile of dirt about 50 feet away. Justin apparently knew the man, and ap proached him as if he’d been called to come over. Justin did, and the man “put his hand over Justin’s mouth and pulled him off,” according to the boy. He took Justin to a waiting dull-grey compact car. The boy describes the man as having black hair, with a partially “spiked” haircut. He is shorter than 6′2″ and heavier than 150 pounds, the boy said. The mother firmly believes her son saw the murderer. “He’s not forgotten one thing that he’s told us,” she said. “His story has never changed. Not one bit of it.” When he mentioned what he saw, “he’d just go stiff and wouldn’t say anything more. He knew the importance of what he saw, but was afraid of the other person,” she said. The boy first mentioned what he saw the same day that Justin’s body was found. The boy was taken by his family to Medical University Hospital, where three psychiatrists interviewed him for at least an hour. Two be lieved the boy made up the story, according to former sheriff’s detective Sidney Wrenn, who would not name the psychiatrists. Wrenn said the psychiatrists believed the boy had been watching news reports and was “totally confused” by what happened. Still, police searched for a man who fit the description given by the boy, “but could never find anyone, except one person, but he was to tally eliminated,” Wrenn said. After that, nothing was done about what the boy said he saw. “This was not overlooked and passed up, it was just that the child’s welfare came into play,” for mer sheriff’s Lt. Jim Preacher said. “The reason we didn’t pursue the lead with the child at that time was because of (his) emotional trauma.” But after talking to a child psychiatrist who later counseled the boy, Preacher said he believes the boy did see something. The counselor said the boy’s family and authori ties have to balance the boy’s emotional welfare and what he may be able to contribute to the investigation. “I didn’t hear or experience anything from this child that indicated he was making it up. Some thing has emotionally traumatized him, and he very well could have been threatened - or feels threatened,” she said. All those interviewed believe the boy could not stand up to fierce cross-examination in a courtroom. JTURNE.R
[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back