SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;LJl9iqnvkOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJl9iqnvkOE[/video]

Oh, my, that, in its entirity is a repulsive sentance

CH5xn2HWIAA9myR.jpg

CH5xonmWwAE9jkY.jpg

Do we know what kind of case was before him? Was he quoting a defendant? Context is incredibly important when you pull one sentence from a statement when the topic is unknown.

That ^^^ is what I don't understand about this crime. His friend, Christian, is a black kid. When I went to Roof's FB I saw many blacks from his high school that he was still FB friends with. And one of them said in a tv interview that he had black friends and did not seem like a racist at all. He said 'sure he joked around and talked chit about us, but we were friends.' And DR said to the police that he almost did not follow through because 'everyone was so nice to him' in the church. That is so heartbreaking.

I don't understand how he became so racist and hateful even though he had always grown up with blacks and still to this day was friends with them. So confusing to me. What happened?

All the illegally obtained drugs he was using plus alcohol? These substances actually do change your thinking and actions.

By constantly showcasing the killer, the killer's photo and revealing every possible detail about the killer's life (from conception to the murders), the media is inspiring the next mass shooter.

Of course. One story like this can keep the 24 hour news channels busy for days without very much actual reporting. Saves on expenses to reprint stories from the AP or replay parts of one interview over and over.

Do we know what kind of case was before him? Was he quoting a defendant? Context is incredibly important when you pull one sentence from a statement when the topic is unknown.

On November 6, 2003, respondent presided over a bond reduction hearing. Respondent represents he knew the defendant, the defendant’s father, and the defendant’s grandfather.

Respondent represents that when the defendant, an African-American, appeared in court for the bond hearing, respondent recalled a statement made to him by a veteran African American sheriff’s deputy that “there are four kinds of people in this world - black people, white people, red necks, and n_____.” Respondent alleges he repeated this statement to the defendant in an ill-considered effort to encourage him to recognize and change the path he had chosen in life.

http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/opinions/displayOpinion.cfm?caseNo=26052

[video=youtube;LJl9iqnvkOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJl9iqnvkOE[/video]

This was very raw and a truth that needs to be spoken more often.

We, as a Nation, worry so much about what is happening in other countries that we put our own issues on the back burner. What happens when we leave things on the back burner? They burn, right? They ignite fires, right? They create destruction, right? This is what we, as a Nation, are doing to ourselves. And very few are willing to admit it. Our pride is unwilling to admit that we are a seriously flawed Nation.

I don't have the answers.

Oh, my, that, in its entirity is a repulsive sentance

CH5xn2HWIAA9myR.jpg

CH5xonmWwAE9jkY.jpg

ccn should investigate, but they probably knew the truth. So the story they ran with does shine a bad light on him, why? what for?Because he is white and it goes with the narrative that white folks in charleston are racist and that keeps the divide and hate and separation going. why? Honestly if the media was left out I think everybody would get along better. jmo idk Shame on cnn

But I gotta say that he did say it, but not in the context that they wanted you (joe public) to walk away with, shame on cnn jmo Tell me who the racist are. jmo idk

We talked with our daughter and her husband this morning. They work in Charleston and live in Mt. Pleasant.

She said they have been to three of the prayer vigils held and plan to attend the funeral services for all nine.

She told us inside the church many white people were in attendance. Everyone prayed together, they listened to the speakers together, they hugged together, and they cried together all as one people who are reeling from the heartbreak and grief they all feel from losing such great people all in the name of hate.

She said in that church there was no hate, and it was all about people of different races coming together as one in peace and love. She said it is as if Charleston has a blanket of love over them all and everyone knows that justice will come for those who died and their loving family members. She said one of the saddest things everyone of all colors are talking about is Roof too found nothing but love and acceptance when he entered the church.:(

I am so proud of all of the citizens of Charleston who have reached out to gather these victims' families in their arms to comfort them and to show goodness, kindness, and love for all others resides in the hearts of way more people than those who hate.

Like I said early, Charleston should be a casebook example of how people of all races can come together to overcome hate. There is nothing more powerful than love. The victims' families know good will overcome the evil Roof did and they will be stronger and more bonded than ever. What he tried to destroy did not work for it has made them even closer than ever before.

It has shown how coming together as one in peace and love to get justice is obtainable and it is the dignified and honorable way to honor all the loving people who died. I have cried every time I have seen one of the surviving family members speak out. They aren't raging, they are very articulate kind people who are very well spoken who lovingly tell about their great loss.

May God be with all of the families in the coming days as they lay their love ones to rest and to celebrate the lives of nine of Charleston's finest citizens. They will never be forgotten.

My one consolation in this is that for each hate filled murdering human, there are many thousands who are not. I have to believe this will draw us closer together and make us stronger and not have the effect that Dylann Roof hoped for! We are a strong nation of many races, we the people are America!

Detroit area faithful unite to mourn S.C. massacre

Mark Hicks, The Detroit News 9:43 a.m. EDT June 20, 2015

Bloomfield Hills — As an Episcopal churchgoer, Wilma McKinney wouldn't ordinarily sit among Jewish worshippers at Temple Beth El, hearing prayers in Hebrew as the evening sun sets.

But on Friday, the Southfield resident participated in an occasion spurred by the deadly South Carolina church shootings this week. The community was invited to hear Rev. Kenneth Flowers, pastor of Greater New Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church in Detroit, deliver a rousing sermon there instead of a rabbi...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ing-jewish-christian-unity-michigan/29019775/

CH6vywmUkAA0byH.jpg

Anderson Cooper 360° ‏@AC360 25m25 minutes ago

Music and photos provide a small glimpse of the lives lost in the #CharlestonShooting. http://cnn.it/1SxHfOC

When I see these photos I think of one phrase " salt of the earth'' and to hear the perp say they were so kind to him, I know it must be true. :(

ccn should investigate, but they probably knew the truth. So the story they ran with does shine a bad light on him, why? what for?Because he is white and it goes with the narrative that white folks in charleston are racist and that keeps the divide and hate and separation going. why? Honestly if the media was left out I think everybody would get along better. jmo idk Shame on cnn

I'm not even going to judge the judge for his use of the N-word. Though it's a pretty good indication of what to expect. I'm going to judge him for how he has handled this case so far, which is not looking real good. From what I have seen he seems to have far more empathy for the white family members of the perpetrator, then he does for the black victims and their families. These people can't hide their racism, even when they try.

I'm not even going to judge the judge for his use of the N-word. Though it's a pretty good indication of what to expect. I'm going to judge him for how he has handled this case so far, which is not looking real good. From what I have seen he seems to have far more empathy for the white family members of the perpetrator, then he does for the black victims and their families. These people can't hide their racism, even when they try.
he was strictly the magistrate judge for first appearance purposes.....his role in this case is over

Do we have any more info about the shooters parents and/or family? I have an inkling he was estranged from his sister and wasn't invited to the wedding (I remember reading it somewhere but am currently at work so can't find a link - sorry!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just now heard on CNN that DR is on suicide watch. Pictures immediately after his arrest showed a smug, self-satisfied, defiant looking individual. In the court hearing yesterday he appeared more somber & not arrogant. Perhaps reality has finally set in & thus the suicide watch.

I found the Judge very sympathetic to all the family members who spoke out. I see nothing in what he said that makes me think he cares more about the perpetrator''s family. He knew the victims' family members were hurting and he felt if they got up and expressed their grief that it would give them a momentary release.

While I do know it ruffles feathers when the defendant's family members are mentioned, I do understand it. We have seen many cases where defendants had very good parents. They should not be found guilty along with the one who actually did the crimes.

And from what I have read both Roof's father and sister called LE right away to tell LE who they were looking for was their family member and gave his name to LE.

He is just a Magistrate Judge anyway and will have no further dealings with this case. It will go to a Superior Court Judge but I do think he cares. He was very kind and respectful to each one who spoke out.

I have heard that said before even about white people such as there are white people and then there is white trash. I think he was trying to make the same point when he said it.

IMO

"Reports said that the young man had been given a gun by his father as a 21st birthday present in April, his uncle told Reuters.

Law enforcement officers were at the home of Mr Roof's mother on Thursday morning, the uncle, Carson Cowles, said in an interview.

Mr Cowles said he recognized Ms Roof in a photo released by police, and described him as quiet and soft-spoken. Mr Roof’s father gave him a .45-caliber pistol for his birthday this year, Mr Cowles said."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-suspect-in-charleston-shooting-10329214.html

I just now heard on CNN that DR is on suicide watch. Pictures immediately after his arrest showed a smug, self-satisfied, defiant looking individual. In the court hearing yesterday he appeared more somber & not arrogant. Perhaps reality has finally set in & thus the suicide watch.

That is just SOP and all suspects are first put on suicide watch after they are arrested.

LOL! You have a much stronger stomach than I do to be able to watch CNN.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member