SC SC - Paul Baker, 3, Beaufort, 5 March 1987

At the time of the 2000 arrests, SB admits she used drugs and alcohol on a regular basis. This all just makes me sick...Poor little Paul!!!

And I think about all the other kids out there being treated like this today. It's overwhelming!!

My kids both needed afternoon naps when they were in JK/kindergarten, right after lunch but I have a feeling Paul and Nina were forced to go to their rooms whether they needed a nap or not.

It was late last night when I was reading the docs, so I will have to look over them again, but I have a couple of questions.

What about the other inmate who claimed Susan told her that Paul was beaten then buried while still alive? Was there anything supporting her claim?

Did Linda take the polygraph? Not that it matters. I'm quite sure she had no knowledge of what was going on with her kids at the time.

Just a question, how is "Rusty" related to SB, this is all SO confusing. His real name is James Dedrick and he is approx 31 years old. TIA

Just a question, how is "Rusty" related to SB, this is all SO confusing. His real name is James Dedrick and he is approx 31 years old. TIA

From what we can gather, SB is the daughter of Tillman Shirley and Caroline Marlene. Carline was married to JD Sr at some point in time which would make JD Jr a half brother to SB.

My kids both needed afternoon naps when they were in JK/kindergarten, right after lunch but I have a feeling Paul and Nina were forced to go to their rooms whether they needed a nap or not.

It was late last night when I was reading the docs, so I will have to look over them again, but I have a couple of questions.

What about the other inmate who claimed Susan told her that Paul was beaten then buried while still alive? Was there anything supporting her claim?

Did Linda take the polygraph? Not that it matters. I'm quite sure she had no knowledge of what was going on with her kids at the time.

It says in the documents that Linda took a polygraph but I couldn't find the results of her polygraph in the documents.

Way back when, before there was an aid or 2 teachers per class; even tho Kindergarden was only half day, the kids were put down for a nap at school. I can understand little 5 or 6 yr olds coming home, needing to eat and then needing a nap. My oldest was the only one to go to AM kindergarden, she unfortunately stopped napping at 2 yrs; waaay before I was ready to give up that nap!! ;)

Linda agreed to take a poly, don't know why there is no mention of the results but I'm leaning towards it would have been mentioned if she failed.. I don't think they would have only brought charges against sb and jb if Linda was involved.

I saw where in 2000, she said she hoped the charges would finally allow her to bring her baby home...

I thought I was going to throw up when I saw that SB's former cellmate said sb told them Paul was buried alive. True or not that is a horrendous claim to make....

It says in the documents that Linda took a polygraph but I couldn't find the results of her polygraph in the documents.

I missed that she took one!!! :crazy:

From reading the docs, I think SB killed baby Paul in a rage and then told James about it, which is why he didn't pass the poly.

Another thing I found that was interesting was that it said her "obesity" caused the poly to be inconclusive. Had any of you heard that before? I wonder if polys have improved since then? Is that one of the reasons they are considered unreliable in court?

From what we can gather, SB is the daughter of Tillman Shirley and Caroline Marlene. Carline was married to JD Sr at some point in time which would make JD Jr a half brother to SB.

JD Jr who was in the military and apparently passed away? :waitasec:

Or is Jr the dad of Shannon? :doh:

JD Sr is the one sb had some sort of POA, which he has since revoked. :confused:

I was thinking SB is the (step) aunt of Shannon's dad??? :crazy:

Is it just me or does it seem they like to keep it in the family???:silenced:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I missed that she took one!!! :crazy:

From reading the docs, I think SB killed baby Paul in a rage and then told James about it, which is why he didn't pass the poly.

Another thing I found that was interesting was that it said her "obesity" caused the poly to be inconclusive. Had any of you heard that before? I wonder if polys have improved since then? Is that one of the reasons they are considered unreliable in court?

I wondered if the equipment just didn't fit well, (she would need the XLG B/P cuff) or if it is the physiological changes that some heavy people have?? She may have had high B/P, may have been prone to perspiring which is also an indication of a lie/liar.

Interesting she said she would fail, then assumed she failed...

SB was 5'7'', 275 lbs at the time Paul went missing, to his 39 lbs.... Poor lil man, these 2 deserved each other, I hate to imagine any man standing by a woman who abused his kids, but he did the same...

Interesting she had an MO of letters, anonymous phone calls, claim Paul was buried alive, claimed JB wasn't lil Paul's daddy. The last thing she did before lying down was to lock her doors, but she claimed the door was open when she got up to check Paul. (Odd they claimed Linda took Paul but never mention she left Nina!!? Makes no sense)

Letter to Gov Crist, the phone calls to the paper this time - having TAB post anonymously, (until she came clean with who she was) putting lil Shannon in the coffin like box, and claims that Rusty isn't Shannon's dad. In the 911 call, the first thing Tina said is she knows for fact the doors were locked, yet one was open when she got up!!! Even saying it may have been jimmied!

SB must have felt pretty omnipotent getting away with Paul's murder. Hell putting lil Shannon in that box under her bed for 12 hours is nothing for this beotch....

Like most criminals, not too creative...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that was something that Tab said. Something about everyone took a polygraph and passed but Tina

I think that was something that Tab said. Something about everyone took a polygraph and passed but Tina

Tina would have been a child when Paul went missing or is there another Tina?
This case is confusing. :waitasec:

Does it say Linda took a polygraph, or just that she had agreed to take one? Not at home and don't have the report here.

Does it say Linda took a polygraph, or just that she had agreed to take one? Not at home and don't have the report here.

It says in the document dump that Linda took a polygraph and then a note that the results of Linda's polygraph was rec'd back a couple of days later but no indication on whether she passed or not (assuming it was Linda's as she was in N.C.).

Here are screen caps of the polygraph info re bio mother Linda:

ETA: It is not clear in the documents provided but believe it is referring to bio mother Linda Mott.

Attachments

• Polygraph setup.jpg
    Polygraph setup.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Results noted but not shared.jpg
    Results noted but not shared.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 13
Paul Baker, three years old went missing while in the care of Susan Baker in Beaufort, S.C. To this day Paul has not been found. There has been some documents released via the Freedom of Information Act (thanks SuziQ) regarding the S.C. investigation in the disappearance of Paul Baker.

Susan Baker noted as babysitter of baby Shannon Dedrick is the same woman who was looking after Paul Baker when he went missing in 1987.

Here is the link to the documents from the investigation in Beaufort S.C. involving Susan Baker and the disappearance of Paul Baker:

http://media.islandpacket.com/smedia/2009/11/10/18/20091110BAKER_MISSING.source.prod_affiliate.9.pdf

That is a sweet post. God Bless her and her daughter. Let's hope Paul is found
and brought home soon.

I just read the docs. And I have a question... I have raised 3 boys the oldest is 20 and the youngest 9..... I really don't remember at any time any of them (after turning 1 at the latest) getting up at 9 am and then taking a nap at 11:30....

IMO.. this woman is twisted, and did just enough to cover her *advertiser censored** .... I really hope this case comes to an end and she gets what she deserves..

SB uses the muscle relaxer excuse as to say they made her sleep deeply and miss a call from her husband. She adds info that only incriminates herself.
I guess she slept so deeply she wouldn't wake up from someone kidnapping Paul. She also mentions she locked the doors before the nap. It's a safe area there, when i lived in Beaufort i didn't lock the doors all the time.
Yet she mentions she locks the doors and takes muscle relaxers prior to her "nap".

How many different people were around SB that died to early or were "in her care" or even near her? She has that "black widow" (lack of a better word) thing about her!

That is a sweet post. God Bless her and her daughter. Let's hope Paul is found
and brought home soon.

I too pray they find him soon and bring him home. Someone knows something and they need to talk.

From what I can gather, everything SB says could be complete fabrication. Info from others might be more reliable, IMHO, such as:

Nina said she heard SB yelling at PB to go to sleep at ~11am, then dead silence.

JB's office got a call from a woman who hung up before he answered, at ~11am. Possibly SB freaking out? Then a "cover-up" call came in to Family Services, also from a woman. It's possible that both of those were SB. Just IMHO.

JB seems like a freakshow too, with what he told the police about SB killing his son and then recanting, and staying with the woman who beat his kids. Thank god they took NB away from that house of horrors.

that and poor Nina was on the bus at 730am then home at 1130 and told to go take a nap with no mention of lunch too.

Not sure when sb pulled Nina out of school but first place i read she had broken bones was in her hands....

Sounds like Nina was there all day too!!

Wonder why she wasn't doing her work!!

ALL THIS TALK ABOUT PAUL WETTING HIMSELF, AND SOILING THE BED THEY SAID HE WAS 3 AND HE WAS SICK

IT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE IT BOILED DOWN TO PAULS ACCIDENTS AND SB'S VERY BAD TEMPER. AND JB IS NO BETTER!!

I am thinking along the same lines as you MissMB. I think maybe she was trying to make him go to sleep and when he resisted and she lost her temper, she suffocated him with a pillow. If she changed the linens and discarded the pillow, there would be no proof in the house once she got rid of Paul. :furious: I think JB knows a lot more then he is letting on. There may be some "half-truths" in what he told investigators.

Off to read the file . . .

And someone asked a few pages ago about the Marine Corps and the US Navy....they both fall under the Department of the Navy.

As for muscle relaxers, I have been prescribed two (at different times) for a pinched nerve and muscle spasms. One kind I can completely function on; the other knocks me out for several hours and I'm prescribed 3 a day. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal
Back