SC SC - Paul Baker, 3, Beaufort, 5 March 1987

Wow - I am still reading the police report about Paul's disappearance, starting on pg. 26 of the pdf file...WTF - She "didn't get married to raise children" ????? Wasn't she their BABYSITTER before she was the other woman??? That Paul had been sick for four days, and that he was "antigonizing" her by messing his pants??????? FGS, he was ONLY 3 YEARS OLD. This woman is EVIL. IMO - She killed him.

Yes thanks! Right off the bat I saw something, the ex called family services to tell them she had Paul? Gotta keep reading...

This was denied by Linda Mott (the ex), she took a poly with results unk (to us!!) Results discussed in a phone call on 3/31!!

3/27 LETTER E TONLIN in regards to call from LM.

There was a call by a female on 3/5, claiming to be LM. But!?! Per LEO the phone records have no such call from No Carolina, where LM was at the time!

4/23 received from United Tele. Co; no calls from NC. Note saying it is going to take time but they want all such phone records....

I think they've had enough time; how about you?? Never really thought before how much easier it is for LE with computerized everything and fax or email!!

SUZIQ - YOU ROCK! for getting the docs. I'm so far behind, but I will catch up!

Thank you!

Salem

Maybe the father will man up and talk now that Susan is in jail and probably will be for some time,what kind of hold could she have over him if he wasn't involved to keep him silent so many years?

SUZIQ - YOU ROCK! for getting the docs. I'm so far behind, but I will catch up!

Thank you!

Salem

You're welcome. I think they were in the process of being posted online when I made contact with the reporter tho.....who is a very nice guy BTW.

this was making me sick to read about what Nina went thru!!

<snip>

Nina Baker Hernandez is 29 years old now with three children of her own, but she still remembers being kept in a locked closet by her stepmother, Susan Baker, two decades ago in South Carolina.

Her memory has spared her some of the rest.

“I know I don’t remember everything,” she told The News Herald in an interview last week about her past with Baker. “I don’t remember how I got the scars on my back. I have scars on my fingers. … I don’t know how I got those, either.”

Hernandez still remembers her punishments. She remembers the days when she was first learning to count, when Baker punished her for faltering at the number 10.

For each mistake, she said, Baker repeatedly dunked her head in a bathtub filled with water, bringing her up at intervals for short breaths. When she finished, the water was red with blood.

more here

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/baker-22637-baby-shannon.html?wap=0

There is a special place reserved in H3ll for Susan E. Baker and her side kick James A. B.

Heartless and no soul to speak of. What a wicked, wicked woman.

I haven't read all the previous posts but wanted to make a comment. I spent a significant amount of my childhood near Beaufort and Parris Island. Because of the marsh areas and endless inlets, not to mention Port Royal Sound, etc, I would bet his body was weighted and dumped in the water somewhere. :(

That's just my opinion but you can't go too far in Beaufort, especially if you're already out near Parris Island, and not come across a marshy area.

That is a very correct scenario of the area. We are an island here. There will be a write up in our local paper tomorrow. Sorry that I am still working on how to post a link, but it will be beaufortgazette.com. To quote todays paper, "The stepdaughter of a former Beaufort woman jailed in a missing child case recounts the abuse she suffered and recalls the brother she lost".

Quote:Texas Mist Nina Baker Hernandez is 29 years old now with three children of her own, but she still remembers being kept in a locked closet by her stepmother, Susan Baker, two decades ago in South Carolina. Her memory has spared her some of the rest.

“I know I don’t remember everything,” she told The News Herald in an interview last week about her past with Baker. “I don’t remember how I got the scars on my back. I have scars on my fingers. … I don’t know how I got those, either."

Thank you TM for bringing the link over!! Thank God for what Nina was spared from remembering! And bless her heart for being strong enough to acknowledge JB's part in this mess.

Asked if her father could be involved, too, she said; &#10077;Either she’s that good at lying and covering things up, or he’s that blind.&#10078;

The very fact that SB was comfortable enough "beating Nina, almost to death," in the presence of her father before JB stepped in and made her stop; is a huge red flag about the abuse that went on in that house.

9/23-87 TELEPHONE DISCONNECTED, NEW NUMBER WAS OBTAINED. AGAIN THE BAKERS HAVE NEVER CALLED AGAIN SINCE PLACING ORIGINAL &#8453; 3-5-87. LE also said JB and SB have never tried looking for their son!! How many times have we read the family of a missing child, never called LEO again??

What does she have over him? They were both abusing those children.
Little. Children. 3 and 6 years old!! As the indictment said size was the determining factor in Paul being unable to defend himself. Neither of those kids could defend themselves. Just like Shannon couldn't...

James Baker must be as good a liar as Susan, initially not considered a suspect, in 2000 charges were brought against both of them for abusing Paul!!

Paul just 39 lbs when he went missing, to Susan's 275! Yep! James; we believe you that Susan had a terrible, bad back when it came to cleaning and caring for your kids, but not when it came to dunking your daughter in the bath tub full of bloodied water til she almost drowned!

Quote elepher50: There is a special place reserved in H3ll for Susan E. Baker and her side kick James A. B. Heartless and no soul to speak of. What a wicked, wicked woman.

You nailed it! What heinous, heartless people. What a thing for a mother to have to live with.

&#10077; For 22 years, she and Hernandez questioned each missing child case in the news. “I’ve always expected that eventually her name would come up,” Hernandez said. “Every single one that came over, I would sit there and watch until they would tell me who was involved.” Now that it has, “I hope they convict her,” she said. “I hope she doesn’t get off this time.&#10078;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

missmybaby -- it makes me sick to think about not only what the B's did to Paul & Nina, but what could have been planned for baby Shannon...these people have NO BUSINESS being ANYWHERE NEAR kids -- much less 'caring' for them under their roof.

I wonder if the family still feels the the 'crap' that happened 20 years ago is still 'crap' after reading Nina's side of it, in her own words.

Can you imagine how Nina felt reading about the family just blowing off & minimizing what happened to her????

UGH - makes me wanna SCREAM.

That is a very correct scenario of the area. We are an island here. There will be a write up in our local paper tomorrow. Sorry that I am still working on how to post a link, but it will be beaufortgazette.com. To quote todays paper, "The stepdaughter of a former Beaufort woman jailed in a missing child case recounts the abuse she suffered and recalls the brother she lost".

Very true, estuarys as well.
There are a lot of areas where people go to crab or fish off the highways (especially off rt hwy21 ;Boundary st, however a lot more area is hard to access and people don't bother to go there for anything since when the time is out, the ground is so mucky.

OMG...what a sick sick woman...and James is sick too
horrible scum people....heartless monsters with no souls

I am still amazed that this case was handled this way...what a clear cut case
why are the cops/LE there still employed or drawing pensions?? why cant they go back
and fire everyone who had a hand in this huge screw up??? I am sick of stupidity

James...what a weak nelly he is...perhaps the worst codependant ever???

and susan...a sick heartless sadistic monster
a pervert

I don't see why they can't have Nina open charges on both of them....
no statue of limitations on murder
should be none on attempted murder and abuse of a child

and again...I dream of a day when we allow criminals the same "freedom" they have outside...that of living dangerously...I am so sick of "protective" custody

put this monster in general population...I am sure some of the mothers and women in the prison will have a few things they want to do this disgusting whale

The mothers in prison hate child abusers, they are sad they can't see their own kids since they are locked up.
She will get labeled as a child killer outcasted, and beat up most likely.

What a horrible, horrible woman. Thank goodness Nina seems to have been able to put this behind her. Not so for her little brother. 80 days for beating a child. Amazing.
So many times the courts have handed out lenient sentences and so many times, these people reoffend. When will they learn?

The mothers in prison hate child abusers, they are sad they can't see their own kids since they are locked up.
She will get labeled as a child killer outcasted, and beat up most likely.

Whatever she gets will never be enough, she has permanently damaged so many lives :furious:

Who in the Hel:furious: do these monters think they are ?? What actually makes them tick?? I dont get it :banghead:

missmybaby -- it makes me sick to think about not only what the B's did to Paul & Nina, but what could have been planned for baby Shannon...these people have NO BUSINESS being ANYWHERE NEAR kids -- much less 'caring' for them under their roof.

I wonder if the family still feels the the 'crap' that happened 20 years ago is still 'crap' after reading Nina's side of it, in her own words.

Can you imagine how Nina felt reading about the family just blowing off & minimizing what happened to her????

UGH - makes me wanna SCREAM.

TM

I feel so bad for LS, her children were taken because he had $$$ & a job. (which in CA at least, is illegal) Yet he never paid support. It sounded like she made some poor life choices at that time, that may have influenced the court too.

She was several years younger than JB, how do you live with yourself knowing you did things that caused your children to legally be put in harms way?

IDK what must go thru her (Nina's) mind seeing that damn judge (who now doesn't recall the case at all) and knowing he put such a small price on her pain and injuries. And her father! I'm so glad she sees him for what he is... What the 6 yr old went thru for 7 mos!!!

Did you see the comments by some of the Shirley's? 1 blamed Tina, saying I can't believe I thought she was a good person. She framed Susan!!

A child vs a cobra....

Babysitter Susan Baker has been a suspect for a number of years.
Baker's family still doesn't believe she's guilty of either crime.

Donna Shirley, says she talked to Susan several times during Shannon's disappearance and never sensed she had anything to do with it

Is that box a family hand me down that they all use?? Please... Cops were at the house 10/31 with no Shannon in sight, I wonder how many hours she was in the box that day??

I sure hope that investigators are putting SB up against the wall in Florida and getting some answers regarding Paul.

Baby Shannon was in that box under that wretched bed for upwards of 8 hours that day - SB is heartless and also has no soul. JB is no better.

Do we know Pauls middle name? Just wondering. Found someone by the name of Paul Jonathan Baker posting on a missing persons facebook page. I just found it odd.

Do we know Pauls middle name? Just wondering. Found someone by the name of Paul Jonathan Baker posting on a missing persons facebook page. I just found it odd.

Paul's middle name is Leonard.

I wonder if it is a relative? LE had noted that they had spoken to a Mr Baker (Paul's GPa) several times after Paul went missing. He had called them.

Unlike James Baker who never called the sheriff's inquiring about the investigation on his missing son. :furious: :furious: He didn't need to call, I believe he already knew the whereabouts of his baby boy.
:loser:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back