SC SC - Paul Baker, 3, Beaufort, 5 March 1987

I too pray they find him soon and bring him home. Someone knows something and they need to talk.

From what I can gather, everything SB says could be complete fabrication. Info from others might be more reliable, IMHO, such as:

Nina said she heard SB yelling at PB to go to sleep at ~11am, then dead silence.

JB's office got a call from a woman who hung up before he answered, at ~11am. Possibly SB freaking out? Then a "cover-up" call came in to Family Services, also from a woman. It's possible that both of those were SB. Just IMHO.

JB seems like a freakshow too, with what he told the police about SB killing his son and then recanting, and staying with the woman who beat his kids. Thank god they took NB away from that house of horrors.

ITA, with your post! Do you think the audios,videos, other evidence will be released because of the kidnapping of Shannon? I bet the authorities are on this case again, knowing this wicked woman could have harmed another innocent child. (sorry for the rant).

First, I am definitely not a supporter of SB and what little information we have sure does make the case against her look bad.

However, I want to remind everyone that polygraphs are not a good way of gauging guilt or innocence. Polygraph results are not admissible as evidence in most US states, nor in Canada or most of Europe. The United States Supreme Court has said "There is simply no consensus that polygraph evidence is reliable." The National Academy of Sciences issued a report in 2003 saying "Almost a century of research in scientific psychology and physiology provides little basis for the expectation that a polygraph test could have extremely high accuracy."

In the case of SB (and in most cases) I think the other evidence provides a more telling picture. The polygraph is simply an extra, sometimes useful but often not.

First, I am definitely not a supporter of SB and what little information we have sure does make the case against her look bad.

However, I want to remind everyone that polygraphs are not a good way of gauging guilt or innocence. Polygraph results are not admissible as evidence in most US states, nor in Canada or most of Europe. The United States Supreme Court has said "There is simply no consensus that polygraph evidence is reliable." The National Academy of Sciences issued a report in 2003 saying "Almost a century of research in scientific psychology and physiology provides little basis for the expectation that a polygraph test could have extremely high accuracy."

In the case of SB (and in most cases) I think the other evidence provides a more telling picture. The polygraph is simply an extra, sometimes useful but often not.

It is true, however if you read the islandpacket pdf files you will see what a coniver and how manipulative SB is. It's very suspicious!

This is what I have found on SB's MySpace acct: **Sue**

http://www.myspace.com/purplecolorcat

<<all typos belong to SB>>

Interesting no photo's of Sue (or anyone else) on her site!!

Sue has 114 "Friends" all but about 20 are made up, a couple have the same photo-avie going to different peeps. They have Sue, James, and/or Tom listed as only friends. <<most are private>>

She has (1) friend she hears from regularly who seems to have similar imaginary friends. SB's friend who does the same really gets into it, with nice back rounds and interesting homes.

In her You Tube Video; it begins with Laughing Baby vids moves into:

Hundreds of Breast Feeding Video's
Natural childbirth/home birth/water birth

A few PG girl/girl kissy face vids, here is
where I stopped. After literally 100's of
breast feeding vids home made and
medical, I saw a pattern, I didn't need/
want to see anymore.

She also had a couple Surgery Center; Knee surgery, Bariatric, more

<<made me wonder if she was planning on adding paramedical to her dregrees>>

Sue's latest and only blog reveals a screen shot of :

[Chipley's 'Summer Sweep' nets mmultiple arrests]
[October 22, 2009 - Thursday]
<<Basically an on line paper reporting 13 drug related busts in Chipley>>
(she has one name circled.)
[SARAH SHIRLEY 3RD ST SALE & DELIVERY OF CANNABIS]
[User has disabled new comments)*|0*Kudos]​

All About Sue:
Last Login: 10/29/2009
Female
50 years old
CHIPLEY, Florida
United States

Sue is at home
w/ neices.
I have had her all week.
And it has been a great week.
Posted at 7:09 AM Oct 29​

About me:
I breed and raise exotic birds -
(Have a small busness)
Paraleagal dregree - :liar:

General:
Going to church -
Having family night -
Going to the movies - Or just
baby sitting my precious
great neices and nephews

Music:
Country - Old pop rock - Latino

Movies:
Action - Love storys- Funny -

Television:
CSI - CSI Miami - Law and Order
- Crimmal minds - Judge Judy -
Judge Mathis - Peoples court <<Note: she is not an NCIS Fan!!>>

Books:
Bible - :rolleyes:
Anything about exotic
birds or animals -
Law books <<I hope she was paying more attention to the law books, than she did The Bible!!!>>

*** Sue**'s Details:

Here for:......... Friends
Orientation:..... Straight
Zodiac Sign:.... Aquarius
Smoke/Drink:... No / No
Education:........ Grad /professional school

<<Two rather conflicting thoughts, SB's stickers>>

May God's​
Blessings​
Shine Thru You Today

It's Better
To Have
Loved And Lost...​

THAN TO LIVE WITH A

PSYCHO
THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think what was telling about SB's poly is that she told the SA that she was going to fail, then she asked him at the end if she had.
:loser:+++ :liar: +++ :loser:+++:behindbar +++ :liar: +++ :loser: +++ :liar:
How many innocent people automatically assume they are going to fail? I know I wouldn't! I'm so glad she is finally were she belongs. I hope JB ends up there too. Whether he was involved all along, IDK yet! I have the feeling we will before this is all thru. They deserve each other more than any I've seen in a while.... :sick:

From everything I've learned about poly, the reliability has more to do with the person giving it, than anything else. This time the SA admitted it was inconclusive, but he still felt SB was not being truthful..

Susan Baker's past is still relevant
Posted: 07:08 PM ET

Susan Baker
The Beaufort County Sheriff&#8217;s Office released 72 pages of reports and documents; painting a more detailed picture of Susan Baker&#8217;s criminal past and the disappearance of her 3 year old missing stepson, Paul.

Among the many disturbing details is that at one time Baker&#8217;s husband allegedly told authorities he believed she killed his son and threw him in a creek. He later recanted this statement but also said that Baker once beat his other 6 year old child so severely that he had to pull her off of her. Baker also underwent a polygraph but the results were found to be inconclusive according to authorities because baker was obese, under stress, and taking medication. However, it was believed by the technician that Baker was being untruthful. Her husband, on the other hand, flat out failed according to police.

Paul&#8217;s disappearance has never been solved, but the cloud of suspicion that hung over the Bakers then is still hovering. Investigators from Beaufort County were present in Chipley, Florida when it was determined that Susan Baker allegedly had a hand in Shannon&#8217;s disappearance. They are looking for possible connections to their case that happened 22 years ago. So far none have been made or at least released to the public, but how will Baker&#8217;s past affect her future?

Chrystina Mercer&#8217;s family believes that Baker manipulated her to participate in a plot that included reporting her baby missing about 10 hours after allegedly handing her over to Susan Baker. &#8220;I am still behind my daughter 100 percent and I will do whatever it takes to get her the help she needs,&#8221; said Kandis Boyer, Shannon&#8217;s maternal grandmother. Boyer has also said that her daughter has a history of mental disabilities. Another family member says she stopped growing mentally and physically at the age of 13.

Luckily baby Shannon has been given a second chance. She is safe, in the custody of the Department of Children and Families. It is unclear how long she will remain there, but her grandmother has expressed wanting to take her back to Texas with her.

Posted by: Natisha Lance
Filed under: Story Updates

wow.... thank you for this sdw! I hope they release more documents on Paul's case!

"72 pages of reports and documents" Where would one look to see these?

No wait in the first police report Susan said her husband had called and said the ex called family services then in the second one she said the ex called her husband, James... Still reading

No wait in the first police report Susan said her husband had called and said the ex called family services then in the second one she said the ex called her husband, James... Still reading

Man that was a lot to read. Wonder what happened to the results of the bolld tests from inside the house? Also wonder what was in the note written by Susan to James?

I wonder is Paul is on the FL property somewhere? I think it should be searched.

I haven't read all the previous posts but wanted to make a comment. I spent a significant amount of my childhood near Beaufort and Parris Island. Because of the marsh areas and endless inlets, not to mention Port Royal Sound, etc, I would bet his body was weighted and dumped in the water somewhere. :(

That's just my opinion but you can't go too far in Beaufort, especially if you're already out near Parris Island, and not come across a marshy area.

Dolly IIRC it was SB who said that? I can't find the quote right now.

It in incomprehensible how that man stayed with her after she beat his children (I read that Nina had whip sores on her back) and then she was implicated in his boy's disappearance. He appears complicit on the face of it, what with his mysterious "long-distance phone call" about Paul and then staying with such a horrid woman, IMHO. Just beyond belief.

TOPIX pulled all the TAB remarks, I haven't found even 1!!

(3/11) HOME VISIT: NINA SAID: MAMA SAID I CAN'T TALK TO YOU, APPEARS VERY NERVOUS!!

(3/12) "NINA CLAIMS SB BEAT HER WITH A STICK AND STANDS HER IN CORNER BECAUSE SHE IS BAD. She said: PAUL RAN AWAY!! I don't know where he is!!"

(3-13) JB hands Nina over to LEO to be put in Foster Care. 30 days later Judge keeps her in Protective Custody, NO parental visits!!

I haven't read all the previous posts but wanted to make a comment. I spent a significant amount of my childhood near Beaufort and Parris Island. Because of the marsh areas and endless inlets, not to mention Port Royal Sound, etc, I would bet his body was weighted and dumped in the water somewhere. :(

That's just my opinion but you can't go too far in Beaufort, especially if you're already out near Parris Island, and not come across a marshy area.

LE thought so too!! This whole thing was off to a bad start. Searches delayed a week!!

3/12: LT HUSTON, SGT CHAPMAN AND JOHN LIVESGOOD SEARCHED AREA (NEG RESults)

3/12: MCAS HELICOPTER/DOGS SEARCH WOOD AND WATER (ALL NEG) 14 officers doing ground search!
(MOO: all that woods and swamp only 14 officers...)

3/19/87 SWAMP SEARCHED (NEG)

3/24//87 SEARCHED HOUSE; BLOOD SPLATTER TO FBI

3/5 Original report was made to be a "Domestic Dispute" Since JB kept insisting LM had Paul.
[MOO: Why did she drive all that way, take Paul but leave Nina?]

JBaker said he rec'd a call from family services that someone named Linda Mott called and said "Tell Paul Baker his wife Linda Mott called and said she has Paul." Also told him the call sounded like a long distance call.. Phone records later show no call from North Carolina!!

SB said to LEO: she put the kids down for a nap at 11:30 am; locked doors and then laid down herself after taking 2 muscle relaxers; woke up at 130 from phone call from JB. (after sleeping thru 1st call)

Looked for Paul said not there front door unlocked and open.

(LIE) SB Told LE she put Nina on bus at 7:30 met her at 11:15-1130; told her to lay down in her room and take a nap.

(2 more SB lies) She said to LE she did it (pulled Nina) because school said she wasn't doing her work. SB gave school a note saying she pulled Nina out because her mother is coming for her...

SB had pulled Nina out of school, why??? because she was abusing her or she was afraid she would rat her out about Paul...

3/11/87 Sgt. Edmonds (No Carolina LEO) obtained statements from Motts & Lamberts. Believes they know nothing and don't have Paul.
(LM INFORMED JB ON 3-10 NO PAUL~)

After call to LE on 3/5/87; The Bakers never called BCSO again. Linda and Baker Sr, Paul's paternal GP called.
Original call was made 3/5, but JB later admits he last saw Paul 3/3 at supper!! Both say Paul was sick since Sunday....

I wonder is Paul is on the FL property somewhere? I think it should be searched.

When did the Bakers buy the house in FL? How long after Paul went missing? Were they looking at the property when Paul went missing? Is Paul somewhere between SC and FL?

It would be really good to know exactly the last time someone reliable reported seeing Paul.

Salem

1st thing that jumped out at me (and others.) Shoes and jacket missing?? We all know we don't put kids down for a nap wearing shoes or jackets...

The house Paul went missing from was a rental from Shamrock Realty.

Per GMA in No Carolina Nina heard Sue yelling at Paul to "go to sleep, a lot... then nothing." Does that sound like someone on muscle relaxers?? Enough that she crashed for 2 hours!! No, because you wouldn't care, as long as the kid wasn't coming out and bugging.

If there was alcohol at play too, as SB said in 2000, that's a different story. (lie IMO) She was incarcerated, for 80 days, if she was using booze and drugs everyday she would have ended up sick in jail. There is not even a comment or side note, about her using booze. Just muscle relaxants as she claimed again on 3/13 at poly... DC, SAID IT WAS STRESS, DRUGS, FAT. He said he felt she was lying. Nothing about booze; IMO if booze were an issue, DC would have mentioned it!!

3/12 LT HUSTON, SGT CHAPMAN AND JOHN LIVESGOOD SEARCHED AREA (NEG RESULTS) This search was of the neighborhood while the Bakers were at BCSO giving written and oral statements.
(DOGS SEARCH WOOD AND WATER ALL NEG)

3/24//87...SEARCHED HOUSE; BLOOD SPLATTER TO FBI: (but!! blood splatter was in MST/Hall/Bath not PAUL'S bedroom!!!)

4/21/87... GROUND/AIR SEARCH (NEG)

5/1/87.... BCSO got a call RE JB DIGGING A HOLE IN RAIN in February!!
BURYING??? DOG IN BAG????

5/4/87.... Search Warrant for BAKERS YARD; (NEG)

In one of the articles it was said by LE the house was searched at the time and again later after they moved out. But neither LEO mentioned a property search of the Shamrock house in Sept. when they found they had moved!!

5/7/87.... (POSS. BODY FOUND) ON LADY'S ISLAND (NEG K9)

ODDLY ENOUGH THERE WAS A YOUNG TEENS BODY FOUND BURIED ON THIS ISLAND. Michael Steven Akey - Missing 1972; Skeletal remains found in White Hall Plantation area of Ladys Island. REMAINS WERE FOUND ON THE ISLAND IN 1978 AND BURIED AT THE CEMETERY. EXHUMED AND DNA IN 2005

The following was JB's "911 call" just like CA who smelled " a dead body in the damn car!!" Then tried to take it back!! No take backs for criminals!!!

James Baker said he thought his wife snapped because of frustration with Paul, who had been "sick, whining, messing his bed and wetting his pants" in recent days.

"Susan Baker killed Paul and threw him in Battery Creek. She had asked him to take a walk down to the river -- they had never taken a walk there before and he thought she was going there to make sure the body couldn't be seen.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gio1tobey
Back