SD County Sheriff death investigation discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search warrant also reveals that Jonah left the hospital at 1am 7/13/ and returned at 7am 7/13 ....

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15505829/some-shacknai-search-warrants-to-be-unsealed

Included in the list of 45 items taken from the mansion were the following:

- Flip camera
- Document addressed to Jonah
- Receipt for paint supplies
- Black latex glove
- Greeting card
- Paper w/writing
- Samsung cell phone
- Laptop computer
- Mac computer
- Olympus camera
- Lumix camera
- 3 items called "Swab kit"
- DNA swab
- Print cards

BBM ... what!!! For cripe sake, didn't SDSD say he was at the hospital?

Oh my, snipped from the above article, repasted here:

"On July 13, 2011… detectives… facilitated a polygraph examination of Adam Shacknai with Polygrapher Paul Redden. Redden said based on the analysis of the polygraph charts he couldn't draw a conclusion, but felt Adam was being truthful during the examination."

And we were questioning LE ironclad case prior to this revelation. :banghead:

Yes, it is beyond the pale. BTW - who in the world texts a man that his girlfriend was just found hanging outside his home? This stinks. MOO is that there are many reasons for this investigation to be re-opened and should be given to another set of investigators from another area. Preferably not from CA nor where the PR firm is based....while I am at it...not from DC either.

BBM ... what!!! For cripe sake, didn't SDSD say he was at the hospital?

The article states he went to the Ronald McDonald house during that time. Somewhere else this morning I read that it was full and he checked into some hotel. Things are happening too fast today !! I don't have a link for the bold part, sorry.

So, wouldn't the search warrants include a hotel receipt from where Jonah stated he stayed? Oh my!!! I am flabergasted!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...tprints-found-balcony-reveals-forensic-expert

ForensicExpertRevealsAnotherSetOfUnknownFootprintsOnBalconyInZahauCase
--snipped--

Dr. Maurice Godwin, a forensic expert hired by the Zahau family, reveals exclusively to RadarOnline.com that there is a mysterious set of footprints on the balcony that are unaccounted for.

Interesting - quote:

"But, according to Godwin’s examination, there was ANOTHER set under the supposed officer’s footprints: "It appears to me that the officer stepped on top of another print based on this photograph. This indicates that a second person was on the balcony with Rebecca," Dr. Godwin says.

The renowned expert has harsh criticism for the San Diego Sheriff's Department's handling of Rebecca's investigation. "One of the major crime scene mistakes was to step on the balcony before completely photographing and video taping it. Also, the police did not scale Rebecca's prints with a tape measure. No doubt the police should have been wearing booties," Dr. Godwin asserts."

I'd also like proof the one print is from an officer, but if Goodwin's analyses holds I find this really weird that SDSD would have either done this sloppy of an investigation or withheld evidence.

The article states he went to the Ronald McDonald house during that time. Somewhere else this morning I read that it was full and he checked into some hotel. Things are happening too fast today !! I don't have a link for the bold part, sorry.

It is in the article you posted Deanna.

Interesting - quote:

"But, according to Godwin’s examination, there was ANOTHER set under the supposed officer’s footprints: "It appears to me that the officer stepped on top of another print based on this photograph. This indicates that a second person was on the balcony with Rebecca," Dr. Godwin says.

The renowned expert has harsh criticism for the San Diego Sheriff's Department's handling of Rebecca's investigation. "One of the major crime scene mistakes was to step on the balcony before completely photographing and video taping it. Also, the police did not scale Rebecca's prints with a tape measure. No doubt the police should have been wearing booties," Dr. Godwin asserts."

I'd also like proof the one print is from an officer, but if Goodwin's analyses holds I find this really weird that SDSD would have either done this sloppy of an investigation or withheld evidence.

Hallelujah!!!! :great: Thank you Time!!!!

Early on it was rumored/stated that he stayed in a hotel. Even if at RM House, how could they be sure he was there all night. Pretty darn suspicious about the timing as he was gone exactly between the hours he claimed he left a message and Adam found her.

Here you go Deanna:

"(Jonah) said on July 11, 2011, he was at the hospital with son, Maxfield. He went to his residence in Coronado later that evening to shower and pack a change of clothes. He returned to the Ronald McDonald House, across the street from Rady's Children's Hospital, at about 0155 hours, but they were at full capacity so he got a hotel at the Homestead Inn for the night. He returned to the hospital on July 12, 2011, around 0530-0600. His ex-wife, Dina Shacknai, was at the hospital when he arrived. Dina left and went to her residence in Coronado to gets some sleep."

"Dina returned to the hospital on July 12, 2011, at about 1800 hours. Rebecca and Adam came to the hospital to pick up Jonah and his friend, Howard. They left the hospital, dropped off Howard at the airport then went to eat some dinner. Jonah returned to the hospital around 2000 hours and Dina was still there. Rebecca and Adam returned to the residence in Coronado. (Jonah) left the hospital around 0100 hours and went to Ronald McDonald House. Dina stayed at the hospital. (Jonah) returned to the hospital on July 13, 2011 at about 0700 hours and Dina was still there"

Oh my, snipped from the above article, repasted here:

"On July 13, 2011… detectives… facilitated a polygraph examination of Adam Shacknai with Polygrapher Paul Redden. Redden said based on the analysis of the polygraph charts he couldn't draw a conclusion, but felt Adam was being truthful during the examination."

I don't know, but I think on polygraphs, inconclusive is inconclusive. :banghead:

You ask more specific questions to get at the truth or it's fail! I don't think everyone who fails is guilty but you can't say they are truthful or you 'feel' they are. I'd like to see the questions where he came up short. I bet it is something like "do you know anything about Rebecca's death".

So, whether is was stupidity, lack of training, or intentional, the crime scene was compromised, as we have all believed it was. I am waiting to see what damage control will spin from LE now.

What else was contaminated during the process? Fingerprints, footprints, items moved? And why isn't the rope mentioned on the search warrant?

So, I will venture a guess that the finger prints and DNA swab may have been from Adam.

Document addressed to Jonah??? Interesting to say the least.

Black latex gloves, obviously not worn by Rebecca, as she had paint on her hand. But can explain a lack of fingerprints throughout the room and on items.

What about the knives and paint bushes? Or is that what was swabbed and finger printed? But not taken in to evidence?:waitasec:

As the article states, these were only some of the 45 items taken. And only 3 of 6 search warrants have been unsealed so far. Totally unreal!!

So, whether is was stupidity, lack of training, or intentional, the crime scene was compromised, as we have all believed it was. I am waiting to see what damage control will spin from LE now.

What else was contaminated during the process? Fingerprints, footprints, items moved? And why isn't the rope mentioned on the search warrant?

One would think that as the primary (alleged) means of death...that LE would have found out exactly when and where the rope came from. Am I mad? Curiouser and curiouser.

Not mad, but logical, which seems to be lacking in this case Stilletos.

I would think the rope should have/would have been listed prior to a correspondence to Jonah. Since we know Rebecca did not leave a suicide note, what could this be!!??

Meant to add, prayers and good thoughts for the Zahau family, that their questions will find answers.

Here you go Deanna:

"(Jonah) said on July 11, 2011, he was at the hospital with son, Maxfield. He went to his residence in Coronado later that evening to shower and pack a change of clothes. He returned to the Ronald McDonald House, across the street from Rady's Children's Hospital, at about 0155 hours, but they were at full capacity so he got a hotel at the Homestead Inn for the night. He returned to the hospital on July 12, 2011, around 0530-0600. His ex-wife, Dina Shacknai, was at the hospital when he arrived. Dina left and went to her residence in Coronado to gets some sleep."

Am I reading this wrong! It appears Jonah said he left the hospital that night and went home and then went to RMH at ~ 2 am the morning Rebecca was murdered? Is there any evidence he actually stopped by RMH, I doubt that.

"Dina returned to the hospital on July 12, 2011, at about 1800 hours. Rebecca and Adam came to the hospital to pick up Jonah and his friend, Howard. They left the hospital, dropped off Howard at the airport then went to eat some dinner. Jonah returned to the hospital around 2000 hours and Dina was still there. Rebecca and Adam returned to the residence in Coronado. (Jonah) left the hospital around 0100 hours and went to Ronald McDonald House. Dina stayed at the hospital. (Jonah) returned to the hospital on July 13, 2011 at about 0700 hours and Dina was still there"

So, Dina doesn't have an alibi either (none of them do it looks) unless that TOD can be pinned down more than they indicated in the presser. They said if they had to state a time they'd say 3 am. But when did the coroner actually get around to TOD and how concrete is the estimate? Could she have died at 6 am?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500