Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO, this person has it all figured out.

image060.png

Photo #13. It is time stamped 06/04/08 at 05:32:16 PM
•The Prosecutor said this was Travis being dragged after he was dead.
•There is ‘suppose’ to be a pair of pants with a stripe.
•There is suppose to be a shoe or boot.
•There is suppose to be an itty bitty foot
•NONE OF THEM ARE SEEN IN THE PICTURE
•There is a PARTIALLY HEADLESS MAN, but his arm is raised so he isn’t dead;
•There is a Suitcase with Bright Strap,
•A Cushion or Bench Pillow,
•A Shoulder,
•An Arm,
•A Plank Floor,
•A Shag Rug

How is it known that her Infiniti was run into the ground? Is there a photo of her actual car somewhere?

Her father told that to Flores

Also, didn't Arias always need to borrow Travis' Beemer because she was continually having problems with her less-than-four-year-old Infinity?

If you're thinking "Lemon Law", you're on the right track. And that lemon is Jodi.

Yes, I think LWOP is the absolute most perfect punishment. Plus, she's gonna have to work a job to have the privilege of being incarcerated.

Hope it's not serving the meals! I saw a nail polish today and the title was "I'm not really a waitress"! Immediately thought of Jodi.

Her father told that to Flores

She asked Travis how he liked driving her "ghetto" car. He asks about insurance, and she text about asking about his insurance on his BMW that she was driving. She had his car many times with crappy excuses. Maybe she thought Lisa would see her in it, and it would mean she "was" Travis's girl?

But yeah. Bill told Det. Flores that she'd ran it into the ground. The transmission was going out and other problems. I do have a question for Hope4, in the January journal (IIRC) Jodi writes about her car getting a new radio because it was under warranty and she loved the brand new rental car. Just how long is a warranty on a four year old car?

She asked Travis how he liked driving her "ghetto" car. He asks about insurance, and she text about asking about his insurance on his BMW that she was driving. She had his car many times with crappy excuses. Maybe she thought Lisa would see her in it, and it would mean she "was" Travis's girl?

But yeah. Bill told Det. Flores that she'd ran it into the ground. The transmission was going out and other problems. I do have a question for Hope4, in the January journal (IIRC) Jodi writes about her car getting a new radio because it was under warranty and she loved the brand new rental car. Just how long is a warranty on a four year old car?

I think that largely depends on the car and manufacturer. But some car manufacturers have been offering rEdiculous warranties on new car purchases (like up to ten years, 100,000 miles, bumper-to-bumper, etc ). I think one of the conditions to those types of warranties is that the owner needs to keep up on scheduled maintenance or the warranty for some things may be void. What's a Goddess to do? But whatever warranty she had might also depend on whether she bought brand new from a dealer, or slightly used but "brand new to her". Maybe the warranties are different on "pre-owned" cars. Hey, I know... let's ask her! :D

Re: insurance: if she had any auto insurance, I'm sure she would have told him if her policy covered her driving her car only, or her driving any car. That she punted and asked him about HIS insurance tells me she didn't have any. Otherwise she would have said some REdiculous thing like, "Oh Yeah. I have it. I will explain. don't be mad" ;)

Hey!

Thought I'd post a picture of the car:

View attachment 91228

Whoa - that's a nice looking car! And she didn't like it? Probably trashed it...

I think it's an ugly car. And not just because JA had one...I think it looks boxy and plain. But I drive a Toyota so my taste in cars is pretty basic I suppose.

LMAO, this person has it all figured out.

View attachment 91249

Photo #13. It is time stamped 06/04/08 at 05:32:16 PM
•The Prosecutor said this was Travis being dragged after he was dead.
•There is ‘suppose’ to be a pair of pants with a stripe.
•There is suppose to be a shoe or boot.
•There is suppose to be an itty bitty foot
•NONE OF THEM ARE SEEN IN THE PICTURE
•There is a PARTIALLY HEADLESS MAN, but his arm is raised so he isn’t dead;
•There is a Suitcase with Bright Strap,
•A Cushion or Bench Pillow,
•A Shoulder,
•An Arm,
•A Plank Floor,
•A Shag Rug

Seriously...a shag rug?

Oh well...let those Jodi Supporters have their delusions. Clearly they have little else to make their lives worth living.

Springtime in Texas

image.jpeg

I think that largely depends on the car and manufacturer. But some car manufacturers have been offering rEdiculous warranties on new car purchases (like up to ten years, 100,000 miles, bumper-to-bumper, etc ). I think one of the conditions to those types of warranties is that the owner needs to keep up on scheduled maintenance or the warranty for some things may be void. What's a Goddess to do? But whatever warranty she had might also depend on whether she bought brand new from a dealer, or slightly used but "brand new to her". Maybe the warranties are different on "pre-owned" cars. Hey, I know... let's ask her! :D

Re: insurance: if she had any auto insurance, I'm sure she would have told him if her policy covered her driving her car only, or her driving any car. That she punted and asked him about HIS insurance tells me she didn't have any. Otherwise she would have said some REdiculous thing like, "Oh Yeah. I have it. I will explain. don't be mad" ;)

About that BMW. :D and other financial stuff……..

By early January 2008 Travis was working on refinancing his house, trying to take out a $30-35k second mortgage (needed the $$). Also by early to mid-January, he had begun trying to sell his BMW. IIRC, Travis still owed $1,000 on the BMW. The $1k in payments likely wouldn’t have been a problem for obtaining a refi. Even if had been, Travis could have used $1k of the money he was borrowing from friends to pay off the lien. Another IIRC- TA’s primary interest in buying a Prius was to save, over the long-term, by reducing his travel costs (better gas mileage).

So, by early to mid-January he wanted to sell his BMW, but his refi didn’t depend upon selling it, and neither did his ability to buy the Prius, since he bought the Prius in early March, while still in possession of the BMW.

I hadn’t noticed before, but the TA-JA car-swapping arrangement didn’t begin until the first week in January and as such seemed to end by early February. I’ve always wondered why TA would allow her to not only drive the BMW when she had a car of her own, but to play the games she constantly did about returning it to him when he needed it.

I have a theory about why he did. First, the chronology of car-swapping.

The told Travis on January 4 that she’d picked up another shift at Mimi’s but that meant she would need to borrow his car. On January 5 she texted Travis and asked --any word on the car situation?

On January 7 the texted him about swapping cars. The next day, January 8, she texted him saying she had driven her Infiniti to work and that she had “a thought on the subject” which she’d call to talk with him about later.

On January 12 Travis texted a friend that he was trying to sell his BMW (first direct mention by TA in texts about selling it).

My theory--- that her ”thought” was what would seem a mutually beneficial swapping of cars. She didn’t have car insurance so needed to limit her driving of the Infiniti, and he wanted to sell his car. She’d help him try to sell the BMW by driving it to Mimi’s and advertising /showing it off for sale there. I think he may have tried the swapping thing for what amounts to a few weeks, but stopped after it became clear the arrangement wasn't helping sell his car, and that she was using the arrangement to mess with him/insert herself into his day to day.

Travis knew she didn’t have insurance. The texted TA on January 13 that she would come by later and pick up her car. TA asked her to come before FHE, she said she couldn’t, he told her he needed his BMW because he was taking people to FHE and didn’t want to drive them in her car because of “insurance and all.”

Early the next morning she texted him to ask if he was “positive” the BMW had insurance, and “if yes, does it covered passengers?” (he didn’t reply, she texted again—never mind).

The regular car-swapping continued for another few weeks. On January 18 she told him she’d drive her own car to Phoenix, because of the “GPS and tires.”

Exactly one week after the first time she didn’t want to return it in time for FHE, she took his car, didn’t answer his calls in the afternoon that were no doubt about whether she’d return it in time for him to drive it to FHE, nagged him with calls and texts when she knew he’d already left for FHE, and blew him off/lied to him when he replied to her texts, while he was still at FHE. That was January 21, of course, pedo lie day.

The first few days in February were the last on which she texted him about “needing” his car. After that there are references in the texts about carpooling together to PPL events, not to car swaps.

The last time she brings up the BMW in texts before leaving Mesa is on March 2, when she asks to borrow his car to go to church and tells him she’ll return it by the end of the day. This is also the day she tells him to pump the brakes on her “luxury ghetto car,” and then tells him she’s stranded (out of gas?) and needs him to rescue her.

He doesn’t, and tells her hours later- "(you never keep your word). I want my car back." He buys the Prius a few days days later. In between those 2 days (jerking him around church day and new car purchase day) she is fired from Mimi's, and now owes him money, has no money coming in, doesn't have a job, and has no car insurance.

----------------------------------------------
Related: one reason why she might have driven his IMO not-sold-to-her-yet BMW to rent a UHaul. She couldn’t have rented the UHaul without providing proof of insurance. She didn’t have insurance on the Infiniti, but Travis still did on the BMW.
--------------------------------------------

The check to court in January. The Palm Desert house foreclosure was finalized in January 2008. The check to court mentioned is likely related to her having to pay court costs for foreclosure paperwork.

Travis wrote a check for those court costs, not her, which is why she asked him whether or not the check had cleared HIS checking account. She had her own Mesa, AZ bank checking account, so, it looks like he paid the court costs for her, at least upfront. Perhaps it is these court costs that are connected to one of the checks she wrote him in January, or to the money discussed in January that she owed him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last money related thing, this time, the Helio.

In 2008, to get the Helio phone and plan, she would have had to pass a credit check. No way she could, which explains why she did whatever she had to do to con Gus into giving her the Helio phone itself. Not sure if she could have used the Helio with her own Sprint cell account, but maybe, since Helio piggybacked off the same Sprint network.

What she almost certainly didn’t do is to get a replacement Helio phone within 3 days of reporting it stolen. The phone had been purchased or whatever in Gus’s name, not her own; Gus would have had to purchase an insurance plan to cover the phone, without which the phone wouldn’t have been replaced; either she or Gus would have had to pay a $50 deductible towards replacement, and not least, Helio customer service was universally terrible around that time, perhaps because Helio was on the verge of being acquired by Virgin. Given all that, a replacement phone within a few days for one only supposedly reported stolen? Nah. IMO.

About that BMW. :D and other financial stuff……..

By early January 2008 Travis was working on refinancing his house, trying to take out a $30-35k second mortgage (needed the $$). Also by early to mid-January, he had begun trying to sell his BMW. IIRC, Travis still owed $1,000 on the BMW. The $1k in payments likely wouldn’t have been a problem for obtaining a refi. Even if had been, Travis could have used $1k of the money he was borrowing from friends to pay off the lien. Another IIRC- TA’s primary interest in buying a Prius was to save, over the long-term, by reducing his travel costs (better gas mileage).

So, by early to mid-January he wanted to sell his BMW, but his refi didn’t depend upon selling it, and neither did his ability to buy the Prius, since he bought the Prius in early March, while still in possession of the BMW.

I hadn’t noticed before, but the TA-JA car-swapping arrangement didn’t begin until the first week in January and as such seemed to end by early February. I’ve always wondered why TA would allow her to not only drive the BMW when she had a car of her own, but to play the games she constantly did about returning it to him when he needed it.

I have a theory about why he did. First, the chronology of car-swapping.

The told Travis on January 4 that she’d picked up another shift at Mimi’s but that meant she would need to borrow his car. On January 5 she texted Travis and asked --any word on the car situation?

On January 7 the texted him about swapping cars. The next day, January 8, she texted him saying she had driven her Infiniti to work and that she had “a thought on the subject” which she’d call to talk with him about later.

On January 12 Travis texted a friend that he was trying to sell his BMW (first direct mention by TA in texts about selling it).

My theory--- that her ”thought” was what would seem a mutually beneficial swapping of cars. She didn’t have car insurance so needed to limit her driving of the Infiniti, and he wanted to sell his car. She’d help him try to sell the BMW by driving it to Mimi’s and advertising /showing it off for sale there.

Travis knew she didn’t have insurance. The texted TA on January 13 that she would come by later and pick up her car. TA asked her to come before FHE, she said she couldn’t, he told her he needed his BMW because he was taking people to FHE and didn’t want to drive them in her car because of “insurance and all.”

Early the next morning she texted him to ask if he was “positive” the BMW had insurance, and “if yes, does it covered passengers?” (he didn’t reply, she texted again—never mind).

The regular car-swapping continued for another few weeks. On January 18 she told him she’d drive her own car to Phoenix, because of the “GPS and tires.”

Exactly one week after the first time she didn’t want to return it in time for FHE, she took his car, didn’t answer his calls in the afternoon that were no doubt about whether she’d return it in time for him to drive it to FHE, nagged him with calls and texts when she knew he’d already left for FHE, and blew him off/lied to him when he replied to her texts, while he was still at FHE. That was January 21, of course, the pedo lie.

The first few days in February were the last on which she texted him about “needing” his car. After that there are references in the texts about carpooling together to PPL events, not to car swaps.

The last time she brings up the BMW in texts before leaving Mesa is on March 2, when she asks to borrow his car to go to church and tells him she’ll return it by the end of the day. This is also the day she tells him to pump the brakes on her “luxury ghetto car,” and then tells him she’s stranded (out of gas?) and needs him to rescue her.

He doesn’t, and tells her hours later- you never keep your word. I want my car back. He buys the Prius days later. In between those 2 days (jerking him around church day and new car purchase day) she is fired from Mimi's, and now owes him money, has no money coming in, doesn't have a job, and has no car insurance.

----------------------------------------------
Related: one reason why she might have driven his not-sold-to-her-yet BMW to rent a UHaul. She couldn’t have rented the UHaul without providing proof of insurance. She didn’t have insurance on the Infiniti, but Travis still did on the BMW.
--------------------------------------------

The check to court in January. The Palm Desert house foreclosure was finalized in January 2008. The check to court mentioned is likely related to her having to pay court costs for foreclosure paperwork.

Travis wrote a check for those court costs, not her, which is why she asked him whether or not the check had cleared HIS checking account. She had her own Mesa, AZ bank checking account, so, it looks like he paid the court costs for her, at least upfront. Perhaps it is these court costs that are connected to one of the checks she wrote him in January, or to the money discussed in January that she owed him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last money related thing, this time, the Helio.

In 2008, to get the Helio phone and plan, she would have had to pass a credit check. No way she could, which explains why she did whatever she had to do to con Gus into giving her the Helio phone itself. Not sure if she could have used the Helio with her own Sprint cell account, but maybe, since Helio piggybacked off the same Sprint network.
What she almost certainly didn’t do is to get a replacement Helio phone within 3 days of reporting it stolen. The phone had been purchased or whatever in Gus’s name, not her own; Gus would have had to purchase an insurance plan to cover the phone, without which the phone wouldn’t have been replaced; either she or Gus would have had to pay a $50 deductible towards replacement, and not least, Helio customer service was universally terrible around that time, perhaps because Helio was on the verge of being acquired by Virgin. Given all that, a replacement phone within a few days for one only supposedly reported stolen? Nah. IMO.

Wow, thanks Hope! You're good at closing the web of these details so we can get the whole picture!

The Helios are confusing. There were two right? One had the sex recording and one the June 3 selfies?

The Helios are confusing. There were two right? One had the sex recording and one the June 3 selfies?

Cut and pasting a post I had in the journals thread about the Helio. Not sure if it was mentioned in court what kind of phone she used on the 3rd to take the selfies, but good point. :)

1. The killer did report to police on May 18 that her Helio was stolen.

"There were no follow up calls by her to police after that, notifying them that the phone had been recovered." ( JM wrote this in his book).

2. The text records link her to only one known phone number for the time period Dec. 07-June 08.

3. The Helio with sex tape on it wasn't miraculously found by Auntie Sue until 2010.

4. The police report listing what was seized during their post-arrest search includes a Motorola RAZR phone, but no Helio (iirc, anyway. Will double check).

5. I don't think the contents of her purse were ever put on record, but I can't imagine she'd have her cell phone in her purse when she was arrested. When the police came for her in the morning, she was inside in her grand parents' house, not exiting towards her get away car.

6. JM doesn't mention a second Helio phone in his book.

7. I've transferred my cell phone number from one provider to another. Records by both providers are kept of those transfers, at least for a time. If it mattered to his case, JM must have tried to obtain those records. He did for sure have access to her phone records from at least one provider, because he referred to those records at trial.

(ETA. A representative from Sprint testified at trial (for State) verifying her cell records. Sprint was the network provider for Helio phones, so that lines up, and since JM entered her phone recirds from Jan 2008 into evidence, pre-Helio, she must have had Sprint throughout).

Cut and pasting a post I had in the journals thread about the Helio. Not sure if it was mentioned in court what kind of phone she used on the 3rd to take the selfies, but good point. :)

"There were no follow up calls by her to police after that, notifying them that the phone had been recovered." ( JM wrote this in his book).

2. The text records link her to only one known phone number for the time period Dec. 07-June 08.

3. The Helio with sex tape on it wasn't miraculously found by Auntie Sue until 2010.

4. The police report listing what was seized during their post-arrest search includes a Motorola RAZR phone, but no Helio (iirc, anyway. Will double check).

5. I don't think the contents of her purse were ever put on record, but I can't imagine she'd have her cell phone in her purse when she was arrested. When the police came for her in the morning, she was inside in her grand parents' house, not exiting towards her get away car.

7. I've transferred my cell phone number from one provider to another. Records by both providers are kept of those transfers, at least for a time. If it mattered to his case, JM must have tried to obtain those records. He did for sure have access to her phone records from at least one provider, because he referred to those records at trial.

(ETA. A representative from Sprint testified at trial (for State) verifying her cell records. Sprint was the network provider for Helio phones, so that lines up, and since JM entered her phone recirds from Jan 2008 into evidence, pre-Helio, she must have had Sprint throughout).

Day 50something

– Robert Brown, detective computer forensics unit in Mesa
He examined Jodi’s Helio phone and retrieved 3 photos from it. They were taken June 3, 2008. (Day before Travis was murdered)
2:12 pm, 2:25 and 2:28pm – All 3 photos are close up of Jodi in car (She’s reaching out taking pic of herself) with dark brown hair
He confirmed these pictures were taken on the Helio via EXIF data and not transferred from any other device.

Day 50something

He examined Jodi’s Helio phone and retrieved 3 photos from it. They were taken June 3, 2008. (Day before Travis was murdered)
2:12 pm, 2:25 and 2:28pm – All 3 photos are close up of Jodi in car (She’s reaching out taking pic of herself) with dark brown hair
He confirmed these pictures were taken on the Helio via EXIF data and not transferred from any other device.

The dark hair moment was one of my favourites in the trial and I remember the testimony regarding being from a Helio.

Day 50something

Thanks. Gus was extremely accommodating, wasn't he?

The reported Helio #1 stolen on May 18. IIRC, she texted TA once on the morning of the 18th. The next time she texted him was early AM on the 22, which means she would have had to either receive Helio #2 on the 21st, or she said heck with pretending Helio #1 was stolen and used it to text TA (she says in her lying lies journal she told Gus (and others) the Helio was stolen, but doesn't mention telling TA).

Now that I think about it, parts of Yreka may not have had cell phone service in 2008. This would raise all kinds of questions about the validity of the sex tape, location of phone calls etc. There were many places in 2008 (still a lot) where you couldn't get service. She coulda used, what's it called, a VOIP? If so, there would have been ALOT of phone related info on her computer.

Hope it's not serving the meals! I saw a nail polish today and the title was "I'm not really a waitress"! Immediately thought of Jodi.

Bwahahaha! Jodi sentenced to waitress the rest of her natural life. And after her disdain for fast food work: you ain't seen nuttin' honey. Prison is a whole new dimension in fast food.

TexMex said:
She actually told Flores the male ninja went through her purse and found her car registration papers for the address to threaten her. Because I guess she realized the P. O. Box on her drivers license wasn't going to work...

okay - my mistake TexMex - here's what I found for California re using P.O. box #s for address:

Can I use a post office box or temporary mailing address?
You may use a post office box for your mailing address; however, you must provide a residence address when your change of address includes your driver license or identification card. Temporary mailing addresses are not allowed

So, if I'm reading this correctly - no, you can't use a P.O. Box on your D.L. :thinking: Or am I reading that wrong...

Hey Wing Ding - I used to live in Menlo Park - Spruce Street by the railroad tracks!!

LinasK said:
Wow, thanks Hope! You're good at closing the web of these details so we can get the whole picture!

Totally agree! :tyou: Hope4More!!

Show of hands...who carries their auto registration in their purse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member