Share Your Theory: What happened to Hailey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that someone with a little (or more) tech knowledge could use a x-box (playstation 3) a router/ wi-fi connection + a newer TV and walla, Internet service.
I don't think that combo would qualify as a computer. (white lie-deception)

IMO

I don't know where else to post this so I will post here (and hope that if inappropriate it will be moved to where it belongs)...X'cuse me but these people had an x-box (or two) in their home but not a computer? I don't know of a single child that can read and write who does not need to access a computer anymore for their studies. Granted, some may not be able to afford one but x-boxes, tv's in the living room and a 13-year-old's bedroom, and NO COMPUTER? BD should get a hold of herself and understand that her continued statements about NOT having a computer in her home are to her detriment as a mother. Sure. One or two x-boxes and two tvs (maybe three - cause i've had the impression that there was another one in BD's bedroom) but no COMPUTER? 2011? Um. Again. ok.

JMO

Lot of parents dont have home computers. Home Computers are not a need. They are helpful but there is not any infomation or uses a computer has that cannot be met by reading a book, making a phone call, adding on paper etc. Life has been on the plant a long time and the interent has only been out for the public since 1991 I think. 20 years.

Lot of parents dont have home computers. Home Computers are not a need. They are helpful but there is not any infomation or uses a computer has that cannot be met by reading a book, making a phone call, adding on paper etc. Life has been on the plant a long time and the interent has only been out for the public since 1991 I think. 20 years.

IN my experience most high school students NEED a home computer for their schoolwork. How does a kid write a school paper- on a typewriter?

If ALL of the other kids are using a computer with spellcheck and wiki, how is a kid supposed to compete with that?

Sure, he could use the school library. But what an inconvenience not to be abler to do your homework at home.

Both Shawn and Billie had full time jobs. It really surprised me that their kids did not have a used PC for schoolwork. They are NOT expensive. Nor did they have a landline or a cheap prepaid cell to use. THat really surprised me because they had plenty of other entertainment devices instead.

IN my experience most high school students NEED a home computer for their schoolwork. How does a kid write a school paper- on a typewriter?

If ALL of the other kids are using a computer with spellcheck and wiki, how is a kid supposed to compete with that?

Sure, he could use the school library. But what an inconvenience not to be abler to do your homework at home.

Both Shawn and Billie had full time jobs. It really surprised me that their kids did not have a used PC for schoolwork. They are NOT expensive. Nor did they have a landline or a cheap prepaid cell to use. THat really surprised me because they had plenty of other entertainment devices instead.

Dont High schools have computer labs? I just dont think not having a home computer is detrimental to children.

My 19 y/o has a friend who was raised by her grandparents and she still doesnt have a home PC. She is 2 classes away from her Criminal justice degree and uses my PC 2x a week because she takes an online course. She could go to the libraby.

Some places still cant get high interent connections and in alot of those areas dial up isnt even worth having.

Dont High school have computer labs? I just dont think not having a home computer is detrimental children.

My 19 y/o has a friend who was raised by her grandparents and she still doesnt have a home PC. She is 2 classes away from her Criminal justice degree and uses my PC 2 a week because she takes an online course. She could go to the libraby.

Some places still cant get high interent connections and in alot of those areas dial up isnt even worth having.

Our kids high school had a computer lab but you could only work in there during certain hours because of the computer classes. That narrows down the use of the computers a lot. And how many hours are necessary to work on a term paper? My kids sat at the computer for hours at a time.

I guess it just depends upon what town you live in. My kids could not have passed their classes without a computer. Many of the teachers put all of the work online and they needed to go to the teachers websites to retrieve the material.
Also they had to use a thing called 'turnitin.com' every time they did a term paper. And all of their grades and assignments are also kept online by the teachers. If they want to know their current grades or assignments they need to look online, and cannot ask a teacher. So it would have been nearly impossible not to have a computer at home.
Your daughter's friend has to come to your home twice a week to do her schoolwork. I think that is lucky she has someone like you who would allow her to do that. I understand because her grandparents probably do not understand that schools these days rely upon computers for the dissemination of information.
I wonder if DD had someone who let him do his schoolwork on their computer?

I have 3 kids in the public schools and 2 in tech schools. They all need and use the computer daily for a variety of homework and keep up with assignments through the school/classroom websites. The older girls even have credited classes exclusively online (no classroom), so I think this is the direction that education has swiftly moved.

I have always found it hinky that with children in BD's house in the middle or high school grades that there wasn't a computer. So much school work is done daily on them its unbelievable to imagine them not having one.
JMO

Today my 15 yo spent at least three hours online researching and writing a paper on lifeboats. She had to site 3 sources and put it on a flashdrive to transfer to school computer. This was quite a challenge even with the internet. I witnessed her frustration and struggle as she sat in the comfort of her own home trying to write a paper that would get a good grade.
I can only imagine what this scenario would have looked like had she had a stack of books, trying to make sense of them ALL weekend at the library. Teenage meltdown.
JMO sorry to ramble

Also, Soulmagent, one more thought...

You have a 19 yr old. Does she use a computer for her schoolwork?
Do you feel that she would have been just as prepared for school without having the use of a computer at home?

From the census of 2003.

snip....

http://maisonbisson.com/blog/post/11088/us-census-on-internet-access-and-computing/

Children have benefited enormously from the growth of home computing. In 1993, only 32 percent of children had access to a computer at home. In 2003, 76 percent of school aged children had access to a home computer, and 83 percent of America’s 57 million schoolchildren used a PC at school. Again, these figures skew when ethnic and economic criteria are applied.

Ok last off topic for me.

The school system should be able to educate all children equally. They should not be as reliant on computers in their curriculum. Some people live without eletric as a choice or because they cannot afford it. Those children deserve to be taught and not have their grades impacted because the school system wants to push computer use on everyone even though everyone is not ready for that. People with Children who dont want computers in there home should be told that the are limiting their child because it is simply not true. It might make things faster and easier but it is not a need.

From the census of 2003.

snip....

http://maisonbisson.com/blog/post/11088/us-census-on-internet-access-and-computing/

Children have benefited enormously from the growth of home computing. In 1993, only 32 percent of children had access to a computer at home. In 2003, 76 percent of school aged children had access to a home computer, and 83 percent of America’s 57 million schoolchildren used a PC at school. Again, these figures skew when ethnic and economic criteria are applied.

And I bet the percentage has grown since 2003. Many schools are even buying computers themselves for the kids to take home each day.

I cannot imagine a high school kid today NOT learning about computers. What kind of job would one do that would not require some computer experience?

Also, Soulmagent, one more thought...

You have a 19 yr old. Does she use a computer for her schoolwork?
Do you feel that she would have been just as prepared for school without having the use of a computer at home?

She does have the internet at home but she is never here to use it. She does her work in the college library because of her schedule. My 19 year old is never prepared for anything, including school. She will be 20 soon and is moving into an area where she wont have a high speed connection so I guess she didnt rate it high on her list.
She actualy has to work within time limits and get stuff done while at the library.

That might have been true a few years back but not anymore. The fact is most teachers now have assignments and lessons that have to accessed through a computer. Teachers require typed papers to be turned in. Some schools are not even issuing textbooks anymore, the information is on the computer/internet. Many schools have computer labs for the kids who don't have them at home but of course that means the kids have to stay after school to work on them and then miss their ride/bus home. Most libraries also have computers, so this would mean Hailey and DD would have to spend some time at the local library and pay for printing if neccessary. This also means a lot of walking to and from the library as BD worked from 7-7 IIRC. Hailey and DD are at the mercy of their friends when having to complete work, assignments, reading, research, etc. for school. So with BD not having a computer in her home (according to her) but having all sorts of other electronics was/is a huge disservice to her children's education. This put Hailey and DD at yet another disadvantage to add to all those others they already have to endure. A computer/laptop in the home for students is a neccessity IMO and BJD could have provided her children one if her children's education had been a priority because it is obvious where her priorities were/are.

Nor apparently did she have any mortgage payments. I'm sure they spent alot for gas going back and forth to work, but atleast they could ride together for that. Maybe it had something to do with their hobby...not having one in the house. I speculated early on that SA may have had a *advertiser censored* problem and that was the reason for no puter...but now....??????

Something not right with this picture. imo

there is a reason that billie goes above and beyond to make it known that she did not have a computer....

I do not believe billie did not have a computer. I believe she only downloaded her smut from work simply because she did not have a printer or ink. I believe she had wifi and that DD had xbox live.

IMO billie goes out of her way to stress she does and did not have a computer for or some devious reason, actually, she obsesses over it.....and im thinkin there is a missing computer, especially after child *advertiser censored* was found in her home.......

jmooc

there is a reason that billie goes above and beyond to make it known that she did not have a computer....

I do not believe billie did not have a computer. I believe she only downloaded her smut from work simply because she did not have a printer or ink. I believe she had wifi and that DD had xbox live.

IMO billie goes out of her way to stress she does and did not have a computer for or some devious reason, actually, she obsesses over it.....and im thinkin there is a missing computer, especially after child *advertiser censored* was found in her home.......

jmooc

I agree. She brings it up at every opportunity it seems.

Poor Billie who doesn't have a computer. I'll bet she is just hoping someone will donate a new computer to her. Some poor sucker who feels sorry for the mother with a missing child who has no access to the outside world. Ugh.

MOO

my theory is as follows - and im think/typing here so its straight out of my head and might sound a bit gibberish....

SA and BD both had something to do with the disappearance of Hailey. at the moment, all evidence of their questionable interests aside, - (when i say questionable, i dont meant the CP thing, that is disgusting and unforgivable, but i cant see how LE would have info on it for so long and not have arrested either of them if they are the definitive owners of it. im trying to keep an open mind until someone is charged over it especially with the was it on the usb stick wasnt it thing) - i think that it was an "accident" or a "heat of the moment" thing or something like that, im not sure. i dont think she was abused (i'd really like to think she wasnt, it makes me sick to even think she was) but i'll get to that. right now, after hearing BD on the radio, i think she might have a bigger part to play than i thought before. what if she went mad at hailey and throttled her, or someone drugged hailey, or something happened, maybe SA struck hailey in a row with BD there, something like that? i think she died on the sofa or in the vacinity of the living room. BD and SA were high on drugs, and panicked and put her in her bedroom and tried to think of a plan. SA took his coveralls to work to drop them off, which makes me wonder if maybe they had something on them and maybe his work had a laundry service? i have worked in a lot of places you put you work coveralls in a big tub and they get sent out to be industrially cleaned? hence evidence gone. then his job was to clean up the mess from the night before, maybe he had Hailey in the truck when he went to work and then nipped back to the house to check there was nothing incriminating. then after getting rid of HD he then did his thing at his moms and went back and tidied anything left, being shocked by DD when he came home unexpected. the whole scrabble with the sofa and the SA going into work for a few mins thing and BD's attitude and commitment to SA makes me think she wasnt abused, more killed in a drug haze of anger or something like that.

the reason i think she died on or near the sofa is the removal of it. i found a photo of the sofa with SA on it when he was young, its a photo with him and a few children on it and he looks about maybe 14? maybe a bit younger. i cant imagine its not the exact same sofa as it would be too ironic for it to be in the photo and then in BD's house as well, which makes me wonder why a sofa would be in someones possession for so long, so many years and then days after someone dissapears it gets put out of the house. i would maybe understand if she had kicked him out and he took it back as it was his families, or if it went eventually as it was old, but she DIDNT kick him out, and it went so so soon.

i think they know they are in it together which is why BD is behind him still, and they are covering each others backs and know if one of them spill they are both done for. this makes me wonder if during the poly's he said to "look at me and billie" because he had a guilt pang and thought it might be easy to give up early then get them both off lightly but i also believe BD has a tight leash on him - i dont think he's "scared" or under the thumb but i think they fancy themselves as a bonnie and clyde of the modern day. i think as its gone on so long now and they both did NG shows and things like that they are staying together to keep thier stories tight, maybe even feeling "wronged" because it was an "accident" and they have got themselves in "too deep".

this is what i was theorizing. i do think they are as guilty as each other "accident" or not.

this is only what i am thinking today, right now, i seem to change my mind day to day. im not trying to say this is what i think definatly happened.

My theory about a home computer is that there probably used to be one, but it got fried due to *advertiser censored* viruses. BD says that everyone got what they asked for in xmas presents, so it's odd that no one asked for a netbook, ipod touch or even a cell phone that could text or get online. Why be so interested in vampires, occult, crimes, and go so far to print them out yet no be interested in getting online. Someone may have planned well ahead before whatever happened to Haylie.

In the beginning, I thought that SA had acted out some sick fantasy with his mask, aka Halloween style. I've tried thinking of all the possibilities and now I believe it was something much more simple: I think SA molested her and she was killed in the process. I can't decide BJD's involvement but I do believe at a minimum she knows what happened. I also think it happened Sunday night and that one of the reasons that SA left work on Monday is b/c of two things: 1) he needed to tie up loose ends, and 2) he was tired from being up all night, hiding Hailey. All JMHO...

Hailey, where are you, dear? It's hard to believe it will be 3 months soon.

My theory about a home computer is that there probably used to be one, but it got fried due to *advertiser censored* viruses. BD says that everyone got what they asked for in xmas presents, so it's odd that no one asked for a netbook, ipod touch or even a cell phone that could text or get online. Why be so interested in vampires, occult, crimes, and go so far to print them out yet no be interested in getting online. Someone may have planned well ahead before whatever happened to Haylie.
what you said about *advertiser censored* viruses made me lol a little. I can't even download music without getting infected, so I hear ya. Do we know for sure there wasn't a computer? Early on, I remember BD saying that she always left her phone with the kids...but when the 911 of her reporting SA, was played, she mentioned that she had been texting him, trying to calm him down. So, I was wondering if she just took it to work that particular day? pardon me, if I'm mistaken. Anyway, I think computers, the internet, & cell phones played into what happened. If SA went to his mother's that day, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he was on the internet, looking at something that could tie back. So, LE, making a point to check out their internet use, is right on the money, IMO. I just hope they get a hold of every computer they all had access to. MOO.

My (add to Theory) is there is a Laptop somewhere....Missing....

Can anyone Tell me for sure if they had a land line phone?

I remember somewhere BD stating that she called "her ride" Monday morning on the Land-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FireSun42