Shiloh Jolie Pitt is a BLOB???

Sally said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

ditto for me too. I have never had much respect for AJ. She is not my favorite.

Sure she is doing a lot for underpriveleged children in other countries but there are many others of us who would do the same if we had AJ's $$$$ and got paid to look good.

*shrug* I understand where she is coming from. Most newborns look the same to me. I can also understand a few of her other comments:

"Shiloh was more priveleged from birth"- People acted like it was the second coming when that baby was born. It's the child of Jolie and Pitt, considered the most attractive people in the world. (I know, not everyone thinks that about them, but a lot of people do.) The pictures of Shiloh sold for a couple million for crying out loud.

I think the above is the same reason that you don't see Shiloh out in public very much. The media frenzy over that baby is just insane. Mad and Z, as I've seen her refer to them... not so much. The paparazzi are crazy enough as it is too, so I can understand her need to keep Shiloh away from it a little bit. (The paps don't seem to be nearly as numerous when it's just her and Mad/Z.)

As far as "less inclination to feel for Shiloh" and "being nicer to the other two because they're vulnerable"... well, I can only imagine with Mad being school-age that he's been teased here and there. Hell, Shar Jackson who has two kids with Britney's ex, Kevin Federline, said her children were teased in school and asked, "Why did your daddy leave your mom for Britney Spears?" Who knows what other kids have said to them, especially because they don't look just like Mom and Dad. Kids can be cruel... I can imagine Mad and Z can see it too when the entire family goes out in public and the paparazzi swarm to get pictures of Shiloh... but not so much Mad and Z. Less inclination... well, again, I can understand. As others have said, it's got to be a challenge to have older adopted children and a younger biological child. While her comments might be weird for a mother... I think it's a whole different ballgame when you're talking about a celebrity couple like Pitt and Jolie.

Obviously she should take care of number 1 first and that is her own children. She can't save the world as much as we would all like to do it we just can't. All this hubabalooo about her being this 'saint' of a mother? Puuhhleaseee!!! When has she EVER had to take care of all her 3 babies all by herself? Never! She globe trots all over the continent with Brad Pitt who the hell can do that when you have 3 babies at home? She should be home taking care of them. Hopefully her and Britney have good nannies who really really love their babies because I couldnt imagine if something bad happened because mommy and daddy were too busy riding scooters all over Vietnam!

BirdieBoo said:
ditto for me too. I have never had much respect for AJ. She is not my favorite.

Sure she is doing a lot for underpriveleged children in other countries but there are many others of us who would do the same if we had AJ's $$$$ and got paid to look good.

I think 'blank slate' would have been a better choice of phrase. AJ got much more heat for her comment's on Madonna's adoption mess.

I hope it was just a poor choice of words on her part. I know eventually Shiloh will have this interview shown to her and it will have to hurt. I consider Shiloh a little survivor herself...surviving having those two as parents.

When my children were newborns, yeah, their personalities hadn't developed, they couldn't speak to me but when I looked at their little faces and into their eyes the last thing I would have called them was a blob.

"We definitely want a very big family," the prepossessing earth mother tells the magazine. "It might seem crazy to build it so quickly. But if we're going to have 10 kids, we'd like to raise them while we're young."
http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/hotgossip/1-8-07?GT1=7701
He's 43...I'm sorry, but I don't consider that "young" to start raising 10 kids. This article is talking about them having another baby...He'll be 44, 45 when that child is born..kid #4....6 to go....

angelmom said:
I'm sorry, I know she's practically up for sainthood, but this woman rubs me the wrong way...in so many ways!

Where do I get signed up to be rubbed the wrong way....in so many ways...by Angelina Jolie? :D

So what? She described her kid like a blob? They are blobs at that early age and she has older kids that have personalities.

As for her, she's not the type of woman I would ever think of marrying. She's everything you want in a mistress but not someone you want to grow old with.

Cal

Part of the problem with this story is that everything they do is publicized - they have no private life so every stupid thing they say or do, we know about. Every parent has said something that may have sounded bad in hindsight, but...

I think our society needs to cool off and stop idolizing all these celebs... they're people (rich people), but they're people just like the rest of us. Shiloh is not the only baby in the world.

czechmate7 said:
I wonder why you don't ever see pictures of little Shiloh when they show photos of Brad, Ang & Co. galloping around the world?
Because they are making good parenting decisions concerning their newborn.

An infant needs to be in a comfortable place, eating, sleeping, scheduled and not running around all the time. I barely took my youngest child anywhere if I didn't have to when he was a newborn. He liked it better that way. They all do at that tender age.

southcitymom said:
Because they are making good parenting decisions concerning their newborn.

An infant needs to be in a comfortable place, eating, sleeping, scheduled and not running around all the time. I barely took my youngest child anywhere if I didn't have to when he was a newborn. He liked it better that way. They all do at that tender age.
I totally agree with you (a newborn shouldn't be running around)....but my point is....she's home, parents away all the time (which I don't agree is "good parenting decisions")...such a sad way to begin your life!!:(

If you can't see a person's face when the comment is made or if you don't know the person, its impossible to know what they were thinking when they made the statement. My kids were little "chubbalettes" when they were little. I ADORE rolly polly babies and let's face it, they don't start getting their personalities for a few months. Angie and Brad have done a LOT of good for a great many people. I think society should give them a break.

There seems to be a real guilt complex going -- Shiloh is "privileged" so AJ is not "inclined" to feel for her! This to me is more troublesome than the "blob" comment although personally I think babies facinating from the first - their perfect little hands, their strong, growing bodies and emerging personalities.

Shiloh can't help that she was born to these two celebs, and not in an impoverished country. There seems to be a kind of reverse discrimination happening in the Jolie-Pitt household. Interesting that AJ was born to a celeb herself - with whom she is estranged - hmmmmm.

All 3 of the children are clearly living a life of privilege, adopted or not, but AJ has different feelings for the adopted ones at this point. It also seems AJ is very concerned with quantity when it comes to her children - they say they want a whole basketball team. But who could really parent this many kids effectively? Their money makes it possible, I suppose, but I wonder what it will really be like for the kids.

I wonder if she will always have this attitude toward Shiloh.

Eve

I don't care for Angelina at all but if you read the actual article that the quotes came from, you will see that many of them have been taken out of context.

By the way, the NY Post is alluding in a blind item that a Tinsletown sex siren is back to using heroin with an old rock and roller friend of hers. Many are speculating it is Angelina or Pam Anderson. Today, the Post mentioned Angie has been hanging out with her old friend Marilyn Manson. Manson's wife, Dita just left him because he has been partying nonstop for weeks and she couldn't take it anymore. So it certainly sounds like it is Angelina in the blind item. I truly hope not though.

czechmate7 said:
I totally agree with you (a newborn shouldn't be running around)....but my point is....she's home, parents away all the time (which I don't agree is "good parenting decisions")...such a sad way to begin your life!!:(
I actually think Shiloh's with them wherever they are - but home in the hotel or wherever they live when they travel.

Jeana (DP) said:
If you can't see a person's face when the comment is made or if you don't know the person, its impossible to know what they were thinking when they made the statement. My kids were little "chubbalettes" when they were little. I ADORE rolly polly babies and let's face it, they don't start getting their personalities for a few months. Angie and Brad have done a LOT of good for a great many people. I think society should give them a break.
Well spoken. From everything I read, I get the feeling that she is a good Mom who cares about all of her children. I think all of this is a tempest in a teapot. A lot of people would like to have what they consider to be a good reason to not like AJ.

southcitymom said:
I actually think Shiloh's with them wherever they are - but home in the hotel or wherever they live when they travel.

I think so too. Just because the baby isn't taken into restaurants, etc., with them doesn't mean that she's not close by. People are so quick to judge those they have no knowledge of. All of us parents have said something that could be taken out of context when it comes to one of our children. Just be glad that every word out of our mouths and every action we've ever done isn't published.

southcitymom said:
At least they take their kids everywhere with them. Britney Spears just lets her team of nannies raise hers while she's out partying and shopping non-stop. Angelina and Brad make wonderful parents and a wonderful couple.

Jeana (DP) said:
I think so too. Just because the baby isn't taken into restaurants, etc., with them doesn't mean that she's not close by. People are so quick to judge those they have no knowledge of. All of us parents have said something that could be taken out of context when it comes to one of our children. Just be glad that every word out of our mouths and every action we've ever done isn't published.
ITA. Great post. :clap:

southcitymom said:
Well spoken. From everything I read, I get the feeling that she is a good Mom who cares about all of her children. I think all of this is a tempest in a teapot. A lot of people would like to have what they consider to be a good reason to not like AJ.

I think she has a little hang-up though - i.e. the privileged vs. underprivileged thing. She may overcompensate with the adopted ones. What she said makes it almost seem like she can't quite feel the same about Shiloh because of what the others went through - what they were born into. She wants to rescue many, many children, which is noble, but her biological kids will need the same level of devotion and compassion as the adoted ones. Not Shiloh's choice to be born to millionaire celebs and be dubbed "privileged." Not to mention that most "blobs"/babies don't know it's a silver spoon...yet.

Eve

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back