Shiloh Jolie Pitt is a BLOB???

I don't have adopted kids, but from an "outsider's" point of view it seems like she should stop separating her kids as the adopted ones and the natural one. Shouldn't they just be her kids, whether they came from her womb or not?

I would hate to be a teen/young adult reading through old newspapers and magazines and reading what my mom had to say about me as a baby if it was unfavorable. I can just hear little Shiloh's thoughts now: "Oh, I knew she always liked my brother and sister better."

Mr. E said:
I don't have adopted kids, but from an "outsider's" point of view it seems like she should stop separating her kids as the adopted ones and the natural one. Shouldn't they just be her kids, whether they came from her womb or not?

I would hate to be a teen/young adult reading through old newspapers and magazines and reading what my mom had to say about me as a baby if it was unfavorable. I can just hear little Shiloh's thoughts now: "Oh, I knew she always liked my brother and sister better."

I can understand what you're saying, but wouldn't a lifetime of action outweigh more than one sentence in an article from years before? If they're all treated the same, I don't think that this article could affect her negatively to a degree of ruining her life or anything.

I think Angelina is always trying to go out if her way to prove something. I'm not certain I think her words were taken out of context, but that's just me. She's an odd bird to me and I feel she doesn't think before she speaks. Her being critical of Madonna's adoption, when her very own adoptions were questionable. Maddox came from an orphanage that was investigated for buying and selling babies that weren't orphans. Zahara may or may not have been an orphan. When your own past is not so squeeky, you should think twice before criticizing others.

Also, she was carting Maddox and Zahara around, when they were Shiloh's age, for the whole world to see.

I don't think she's trying to prove anything. I think she's living her life on her own terms. They've got three kids. There are only two of them. Its kinda hard to take three kids out and do anything fun when one of them is an infant. These kids are going to grow up in the media. I think they're going to believe what they've lived rather than what was written about them. After all, we all know that most of what's printed in the rags is untrue. Furthermore, what Angie said about Madonna was clarified here:

Angie was quoted in a French magazine as saying, with reference to Madonna's controversial adoption, "Personally, I prefer to stay on the right side of the law. I would never take a child away from a place where adoption is illegal." Yesterday, however, as People reports, Angelina said that the article "included many falsehoods" and omitted positive comments. Added Jolie in her statement, "All that should count is the happiness of her little David." And so the claws recede.
www.tmz.com

I think Madonna has had enough b.s. in the press about her and her family to know that she can't take anything they write as gospel.

Jeana (DP) said:
I can understand what you're saying, but wouldn't a lifetime of action outweigh more than one sentence in an article from years before? If they're all treated the same, I don't think that this article could affect her negatively to a degree of ruining her life or anything.
Certainly. I hope Shiloh doesn't grow up with those feelings, causing her to look at her mother's past words/actions to make her, Shiloh, feel unloved. I hope Angelina doesn't stress to her children that some of them are adopted while others aren't.

My cousins are adopted. Growing up, it never occurred to me that they were adopted, even though they are of Native American descent and look totally different than the rest of the family. They were just cousins, a part of the family. They weren't called "the adopted cousins" or anything like that. Nobody talked about their past or where they came from or what they had to overcome. THEY, of course, knew, but their parents didn't stress that because it would have set them apart from the rest of the family.

Jeana (DP) said:

But what she says may reflect how she treats them, however unconsciously. Hopefully not, but I think it is odd she expresses different feelings for Shiloh because she's their biological child and thus, was born "privileged." They may not have been born privileged but Z and Mad are certainly among the privileged now. And they were adopted as babies, right?

Why would any baby deserve more or less emotional care than another? To me this is twisted thinking -- reflecting Angie's own issues in regard to wealth, privilege, etc., doesn't have a thing to do with Shiloh or how she should be cared for!

Eve

Mr. E said:
Certainly. I hope Shiloh doesn't grow up with those feelings, causing her to look at her mother's past words/actions to make her, Shiloh, feel unloved. I hope Angelina doesn't stress to her children that some of them are adopted while others aren't.

I hope so too. I have a feeling though that not only do Brad and Angie not see skin color, they don't see paperwork versus biology. Its my hope that these kids will be raised with not only love, but knowing that with wealth comes responsibility. I think their parents' actions are laying a good foundation that they hopefully will continue when they're adults. They seem to do a lot of good for a lot of people!

samhoney said:
It doesn't surprise me in the least. Do we ever see Shiloh with Brad and Angelina in public? Very, very rarely.

I don't expect much from a shameless ex-junkie repeat homewrecker.

Exactly.

And isn't that one of the problems she had with her dad (and why she wasn't talking to him, along with his mental health comment about her)? That he left her mother for another woman? So now she's the "other" woman (yes, I know she denied having a relationship with Brad prior to him leaving Jen, but he left Jen for her).

Pot, Kettle on line two.

And her comment about Brad and her being committed to the kids, but not each other...or whatever she said about the reason they won't get married.

I think her dad is right...she seems to have mental health issues.

IMO, Jennifer Anniston is lucky to be rid of Brad. She deserves better. In the end, Angelina will have all her kids, and Brad will be out of the picture. They may have another baby together (besides adopting kids), but once she done with the "sperminator" he'll be tossed aside. She's made it clear she won't marry the guy. What a fool he is.

luvbeaches said:
Exactly.

And isn't that one of the problems she had with her dad (and why she wasn't talking to him, along with his mental health comment about her)? That he left her mother for another woman? So now she's the "other" woman (yes, I know she denied having a relationship with Brad prior to him leaving Jen, but he left Jen for her).

Pot, Kettle on line two.

And her comment about Brad and her being committed to the kids, but not each other...or whatever she said about the reason they won't get married.

I think her dad is right...she seems to have mental health issues.

IMO, Jennifer Anniston is lucky to be rid of Brad. She deserves better. In the end, Angelina will have all her kids, and Brad will be out of the picture. They may have another baby together (besides adopting kids), but once she done with the "sperminator" he'll be tossed aside. She's made it clear she won't marry the guy. What a fool he is.

Just to jump in, her comment about her commitment to Brad... it was more along the lines of "There's no reason we have to be legally committed to each other. We're committed to our children and that's much stronger than the bonds of marriage." Heck, the way things go these days- you can divorce your partner. You can't really divorce your children though... So I see where she's coming from. I think it's along the lines of: "We're committed to our children. Isn't that enough? We don't need to be married to be committed to each other. The kids are what matter."

*shrug* Or not. I still say that there is good reason Shiloh is not out in public with them. One- the paparazzi are crazy enough. (Go watch some Britney videos at x17online.com. It's a SHAME what they do to celebrities.) Maneuvering around with a newborn... who can blame celebrities for not taking them out in public? At least her other children are old enough to understand and not be as frightened. Two- the baby is still technically a newborn. As someone on the thread said, newborns need a comforting environment... not to be out and around all the time.

Keeping Shiloh out of the "lime light" doesn't wash for me... she sure as heck doesn't keep the other 2 (the adopted ones) out of the spot light.

Ang is a publicity dog... as long as her face is out there that's all that matters.

I lost any respect I ever had for her when she proved herself a tramp and stole a husband from his wife.

MagicRose99 said:
.....I lost any respect I ever had for her when she proved herself a tramp and stole a husband from his wife.
A spouse cannot be "stolen" from a marriage they are committed to.

I don't have an opinion one way or another as to whether AJ was with BP before he left his wife, but I do want to point out that BP is the one who took vows. It's not up to AJ to honor the vows that someone else took.

MagicRose99 said:
Keeping Shiloh out of the "lime light" doesn't wash for me... she sure as heck doesn't keep the other 2 (the adopted ones) out of the spot light.

Ang is a publicity dog... as long as her face is out there that's all that matters.

I lost any respect I ever had for her when she proved herself a tramp and stole a husband from his wife.

So why the difference with Shiloh? Z and M were in the spotlight all the time and still are. She herself is drawing distinctions between the adopted ones and Shiloh. Do the adopted children speak more to the causes she wants publicized?

Eve

eve said:
So why the difference with Shiloh? Z and M were in the spotlight all the time and still are. She herself is drawing distinctions between the adopted ones and Shiloh. Do the adopted children speak more to the causes she wants publicized?

Eve
More than likely, IMO.

Hmm, I guess better said would be "newborns are like clay" I think she was really misunderstood on the blob comment. That means alot form me b/c I can not stand Angelina. She is simply a homewrecker and a self promoter with a creppy past. You have problem when you come off creepier than your husband and it's Billy Bob Thornton.
As far as the rest of the article, I would expect nothing more from someone with personality traits like her.

I think she said badly something she probably shouldn't have voiced at all or at least not to anyone outside her home or immediate family/close friends. I never had children and I'm not one of those who oohs and coos over them (except now my grandson) but I've never seen them as "pooping blobs" EVER. Every infant I've seen, no matter how young there is SOMEONE there. Very raw and undeveloped, but there's some hint of character there and I find them fascinating even though I'm not always running over to see one when they're around.

Of course though I think she's an excellent actress, beautiful except those freaky blubber lips and passionate about what she does outside the entertainment world, she's always rubbed me the wrong way. Some people just make me "hinky" and she's one of them.

None of my 3 children were ever blobs. They were intelligent, bright and very good-looking right from the get-go....

eve said:

Eve
Z and M were both older when she got them - each almost a year. Shiloh is still a newborn.

I guess I just read the statements different then some. She gained custody of her first two children when they were six months old and both came from 3rd world orpanages. They likely suffered health issues as well as bonding issues and a variety of other things and their needs were much more urgent then those of the child born to her and Brad Pitt.

Her adopted children do and will require much more attention on some levels to make them feel part of rather then seperate from while at the same time fostering their culteral heritage.

I think she was comparing the struggles her children as individuals have faced. The difference between being born a beautiful white child in the seat of wealth and privilage as compared to the hardships the other children were born into and the difference between a six month old and a newborn.

Melisinde said:
I think it's along the lines of: "We're committed to our children. Isn't that enough? We don't need to be married to be committed to each other. The kids are what matter."

*shrug* Or not. I still say that there is good reason Shiloh is not out in public with them. One- the paparazzi are crazy enough. (Go watch some Britney videos at x17online.com. It's a SHAME what they do to celebrities.) Maneuvering around with a newborn... who can blame celebrities for not taking them out in public? At least her other children are old enough to understand and not be as frightened. Two- the baby is still technically a newborn. As someone on the thread said, newborns need a comforting environment... not to be out and around all the time.

Well, to me, the comment is odd. But then I don't care for her at all.

As for baby Shiloh, Angelina certainly had no issues parading the other two around. She had the little girl out when she was just 5 months old. And Maddox wasn't very old when she adopted him. Neither were hardly old enough to understand how to deal with the paparazzi.

Shiloh is now 7 or so months old. Her other daughter had been in the spotlight for a couple of months (by that age).

I do understand what you are saying, but if they are worried about the papazzari, you'd think they'd try and keep all their kids away from them.

I still think her dad is right and she has a loose screw. And I still do not believe for one minute that Brad's going to be in her life for any long period of time.

Something that I came across (when I was trying to figure out how old her two adopted children are) is articles that said she adopted a 7-month-old baby from Russia...named Gleb. I don't remember reading about this before.

southcitymom said:
Z and M were both older when she got them - each almost a year. Shiloh is still a newborn.

The girl she adopted was 7 months old and she was photographed from the get-go. Shiloh is now 7 or 8 months old.

It's not that I care about seeing pictures, but I do wonder why she allows the adopted ones to be photographed over and over, and yet not Shiloh. I personally would not want any of my children photographed by the media (if possible).

She seems to have double-standards concerning which of her children can be photographed, and which can't (Shiloh). At least that's my observation of the deal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back