Should Casey Receive Counseling in Jail?

Do you want Casey to receive counseling?

• Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Votes: 115 23.8%
  • No, I don't want her to receive counseling.

Votes: 134 27.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 234 48.4%

• Total voters
I don't think Casey is evil; I think she's mentally ill. Therefore I would like it if she could receive counseling while in jail. While she's incarcerated, she might as well do something constructive. I do realize I sound like a sympathizer, but I really do feel sorry for her. It's obvious that there's something mentally and emotionally wrong with her, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I voted 'I don't really care' but now I wish I had voted no!

It would just be a waste of someone's time to even attempt to counsel Casey. Casey will not benefit from counseling. She would never be truthful and honest, we know that, so what would be the point?

She is a master manipulater and it would aid in giving her more 'fun and games' in her tiny deluded world. Plus it would also be another waste of taxpayer's monies, and there's already a huge amount to date due to Casey Anthony and her lies!

doesn't matter. I don't think it would help but if the counselor gets paid by the "patient", I say go for it! :)

If anything could be learned about people with what I percieve to be Casey's personality disorder in order to better understand them and work towards a treatment then by all means. That said I do not think that Casey herself will have any use for counseling. I do normally favor rehabilitation and treatment however there are those who are beyond help.

I voted that I don't really care.

ITA. Sociopath's destroy so many lives. I'm sure there are more than a few family members out there that would love to find a treatment and/or cure. It would probably also go along way to bringing down crimerates and dropping prison populations.

I do not think in any way that counseling would help KC. No way, no how. A long established stay in the slammer, preferably in general population, is imo the best solution for KC's problems. :behindbar

However, I would have no problem letting GA contribute $50 here and there to a counseling fund for his daughter. Let it come out of daddy's pocket, should there be anything there, not mine as a taxpayer. :boohoo:

i would like to see casey get a good dose of that soduim whatever (truth serum) as well as be hooked up to a polygraph (that shocks you when you lie) and be asked for the truth.

after she spills the truth, and confesses what she knows and shows a little remorse, then maybe i would show a little compassion for her.

i honestly think she is beyond help.

i would like to see casey get a good dose of that soduim whatever (truth serum) as well as be hooked up to a polygraph (that shocks you when you lie) and be asked for the truth.

after she spills the truth, and confesses what she knows and shows a little remorse, then maybe i would show a little compassion for her.

Since she doesn't appear to feel she's done anything wrong, I doubt it will help. I assume the counselor load is fairly high and wouldn't really push her to deal with what has happened or see the consequences of her actions. A waste of taxpayer money.

I TOTALLY agree. I don't think she'll ever change, and I don't see why it's necessary to waste taxpayer money to provide her with someone new to manipulate. That will simply encourage her behavior. If she truly wants to change she needs to accept responsibility for her actions - while sitting alone in a jail cell. She's already getting much better treatment than she gave Caylee.

Oh, I forgot to vote "I don't really care." I know y'all are shocked.

SS that is so nice of you, I was thinking give her a clean pair of underwear once a month:rolleyes:

Yeah, really. They should take that underwear money (and all that candy bar money) and give it to LE. This case has taken a ridiculous amount of money.

If she gets life without parole and is not returning to society why would we want to pay for her counseling? Do you know how many working, law abiding people would like to see a counselor and can't because they can't afford it.

If I get a vote in my tax money paying for someone's therapy I pick a mom that hasn't killed her kid and might actually benefit from the services.

Call me heartless, but I voted no. She could have seen a therapist before she "allegedly" killed little Caylee if she was having mommy issues and caring for a snotnose little brat, in her own words. I look at her face and she doesnt think she did anything wrong. Why waste the taxpayers time and money!

I voted that I don't care, at least not about the counseling part of the question. It could save another inmate's life in the long run; on the other hand, it's probably a huge waste.

I just care that whatever happens the rest of her life, it happens in jail.

Counseling is not recommended for Sociopath's because they have an incurable personality disorder, not a mental illness. The only recommendation for those with incurable personality disorders is incarceration. That seems to have a limited affect on changing their behavior though, but it does protect the public from their predatory ways.

There are studies hoping to find a possible treatment. But they've had extremely limited success.

ETA: I have my doubts about the supposed successes. IMO, it's professionals who have been conned by sociopath's.

You took the words "right off of my fingers"!! A Sociopath doesn't ever get better, can't be "cured" and doesn't benefit from counseling.

If anything could be learned about people with what I percieve to be Casey's personality disorder in order to better understand them and work towards a treatment then by all means. That said I do not think that Casey herself will have any use for counseling. I do normally favor rehabilitation and treatment however there are those who are beyond help.

I voted that I don't really care.

This is exactly what I was going to write. KC might be useful to criminal profilers or behavioral scientists or something, much like Ted Bundy was. She can give back to society by being a lab rat for professionals who can one day use their data to make sure this never happens to another child again.

I voted NO. Save the taxpayer's money. Enough money has been spent on this case because Casey wouldn't talk. And besides....there's no too much that can help someone like her.

I voted no, because I believe she is a true sociopath. Counseling serves no purpose. I would prefer the overworked prison counselors to use their time on inmates who have the ability to change and progress. KC does not.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back