Should Casey Receive Counseling in Jail?

Do you want Casey to receive counseling?

• Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Votes: 115 23.8%
  • No, I don't want her to receive counseling.

Votes: 134 27.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 234 48.4%

• Total voters
I voted NO. Save the taxpayer's money. Enough money has been spent on this case because Casey wouldn't talk. And besides....there's no too much that can help someone like her.

I agree. Nothing is going to change her. Let them study her if they want, but don't waste any money on trying to help her.

Please forgive me if I've broken any rule, or if there's already a thread like this, but do you want Casey to receive counseling in jail and if she gets sent to prison?

Unlike many people, I don't believe she's absolutely heartless. I don't like to make "absolute" judgments about people, despite her family's usage of that word. :crazy: I do think that at some point she loved Caylee, and may still love her in some way. I think something happened in her life, or a combination of things happened, to make her the way she is.

I'd like to see her receive counseling so that 1) she may someday reveal the truth of what really happened, 2) she can seek forgiveness, and 3) something can be learned from this to maybe keep it from happening to someone else in the future.

I feel that KC is an evil biotch from hell. BUT I do hope she does receive counselling for 2 reasons...1- So maybe she can understand and come to terms with what she has done. 2- Then possibly become a better person OR then live and rot thinking about what she's done. I do hope in my heart she can become a better person though.

the only people that benifit from therapy are those that want it. Therapy is about being honest....she doesn't come close...voted no

psychiatrists are unanimously agreed that counseling a sociopath only makes things worse b/c they use the counseling to better learn how to mimic normal human responses and therefore get away with more without being suspected and manipulate more effectively. it's practically abetting them. to date there is no treatment.

It probably would be a total waste. but I like to think no one is beyond redemption so who knows.

WASTE, HUGE WASTE

Spend the taxpayers money on inmates that will be getting out of jail!!!!

psychiatrists are unanimously agreed that counseling a sociopath only makes things worse b/c they use the counseling to better learn how to mimic normal human responses and therefore get away with more without being suspected and manipulate more effectively. it's practically abetting them. to date there is no treatment.

ITA that counseling does little more than aid and abet a sociopath. That is why I voted no.

No! I would say that plenty of money has been and will continue to be wasted on her.:furious:

This is exactly what I was going to write. KC might be useful to criminal profilers or behavioral scientists or something, much like Ted Bundy was. She can give back to society by being a lab rat for professionals who can one day use their data to make sure this never happens to another child again.

I believe most would choose to ignore her and refuse to give her the attention. There is nothing new to be gleaned from Casey Anthony. Nothing.

I see no reason for the county, the state or anyone else to waste one more dime on this "Waste...Huge waste". KC has already cost counties, states and the FBI more money than we will ever know. It is about time this family is ordered to pay this money back as too much of it was wild goose chases rendered by the Anthony's.
Can't wait for them all to be charged and locked up... just can't happen soon enough for me! There was only one member of this family that was important and she was murdered at the hands of her own mother.
This family has had their hands out from day one:
Donations to search for Caylee..... money used no search!
Donations for KC defense.... yes I am sure some idiots are donating.
Selling pictures to ABC...
Selling exclusive to People Magazine...
Selling exclusive to Gretta...
Reported book deal...
Donations for Caylees funeral... you have got to be kidding me!
Her beloved grandparents have turned their back on her leaving her to look down from heaven knowing she mattered not to anyone of them. How heart breaking for a beautiful child to know.

AND YOU WANT MORE OF OUR TAX DOLLARS FOR COUNSELING... NOT

She would prove to be a monumental waste of time for any psychiatrist (ologist) for the simple fact that she doesn't care what she did. Effective counseling cannot be forced upon someone. She has to want and recognize the fact that she can't get through her miserable existence without understanding why she's such a horrible monster. More importantly, why others view her as a monster. To not have come clean to anyone at this point tells me at least, that she is not of sound mind and still smack dab in the middle of her delusions. She is a sick young lady.

BTW, I couldn't care less whether she receives counseling.

It probably would be a total waste. but I like to think no one is beyond redemption so who knows.

I don't believe redemption is possible for a Casey. She'll never admit to killing her child, so in her mind, there's nothing to redeem.

I see way too many people on a daily basis who aren't able to get the mental healthcare that they need themselves or a loved one needs because they can't afford it, not because they don't want. KC will find her, lets say... nitch. I give it two, maybe three years after she's been convicted - she'll be doing great things in the prison ministry, sharing her testimony about a past life of darkness and despair, living in a world of sin and telling how she had been swallowed right up in the belly of the devil himself, until...........(angel choir singing) she found Jesus and now everything has changed, her sins are forgiven, vanished, just like they never even happened. She'll be Pat Robinson's next Karla Faye Tucker. If she ever gets out, she'll have an honest (cough..cough) and decent paying job as a gospel television evangelist. If she can sing and play the piano, even better!!

I voted that I didn't care. I do think it would be a HUGE WASTE of taxpayer money though. I don't see anybody bieng able to "fix her".

How about a lovely round of shock therapy on high voltage? That would seem like the best therapy for Casey. Shock her real good every hour, but stagger the timing so she never knows when it is going to come...Now there would be some GREAT therapy for Casey.

How about a lovely round of shock therapy on high voltage? That would seem like the best therapy for Casey. Shock her real good every hour, but stagger the timing so she never knows when it is going to come...Now there would be some GREAT therapy for Casey.

Now there's an idea that I like, I'd even chip in a buck or two!

I give it two, maybe three years after she's been convicted - she'll be doing great things in the prison ministry, sharing her testimony about a past life of darkness and despair, living in a world of sin and telling how she had been swallowed right up in the belly of the devil himself, until...........(angel choir singing) she found Jesus

she (re)found Jesus last week. honestly i'm not j/king - it's on a thread somewhere.

I voted that I really don't care. I'm not sure that counseling would help her at all. First, she more than likely suffers from a personality disorder and from what I've read those aren't very responsive to treatment unless the patient really really wants to change. KC proclaims her innocence, she says she is in good mental health according to her testing done prior to bail.
I really don't care what she does, or what happens to her after the trial. I, honestly, do not foresee that KC will ever admit she did this to Caylee. I also don't think that she will have any problems transitioning to prison life. I also don't think that she will ever give Caylee another thought after she is sentenced (god willing). She just won't suffer IMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back