SIDEBAR #26- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a great aunt...... Alex was born last night at 7:08, and weighs nine pounds one ounce, and is twenty inches. This big boy is my brother and sister in laws first grandchild and he is very welcome. I haven't heard if PappyJack (my brother named after our grandfather PappyJack) held Alex yet... he usually waits until babies are potty trained and don't drool.

I'll be here with :popcorn:

Waiting to see JM rip into her yet again. :juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

Justice for Travis!

Hello friends! It's been a while since I've visited the Travis forums. The whole thing exhausts me...I can't imagine how it feels for his family :( When I heard the news about JA wanting to represent herself I rolled my eyes. She's dying for a mistrial or something. I've never wished ill on someone before but my goodness, she's vile. Will be following along with you all.

After reading the article posted just above, I believe there is an error. From the first trial, I recall that JSS can (if there's another mistrial), sentence her to LWOP or Life (which comes with 25 year minimum with possibility of parole. At the time of the trial, the life/w/25 was not available, but COULD be possible if laws change in the future.

Anyone know if that law has been changed?

Folks, I don't think Jodi wants a mistrial. A mistrial will mean LWOP -- sentencing will go to the judge and no way is JSS giving her parole. The judge could have taken the DP off the table in the latest go round back in June, or whenever it was, but she didn't.

Jodi wants parole. That's why there has never been a plea bargain, and why there never will be. She wants this trial to go forward so those jurors will give her 25 with a chance at parole.

Hello all,

I'm not surprised in the least that JA continues to attempt to 'shock' and 'manipulate' us. After butchering poor Travis what could she possibly do that would shock any of us? Apart from confessing that she murdered Travis in cold blood? Nothing.

I fully expect her to request media coverage since she is now in charge of her defense. Her strategy here in two-fold. One is to have as many male jurors on the jury as possible. She will do everything she can (side ponytails and all) to make them feel sorry for her. Secondly she wants to try and humiliate Juan Martinez and Travis' loved ones. She will surely
want the world to see her great performance.

I cannot imagine this uneducated psychopath examining witnesses and all. Arrogance will be her undoing. I bet Juan is having the biggest laugh of his life right now. I am too. And if Travis could see this crazy drama unfold he would too. Jodi has just handed herself on a silver platter to one of the greatest lawyers in the world. Put a fork in her. She's done!

Hello all,

I'm not surprised in the least that JA continues to attempt to 'shock' and 'manipulate' us. After butchering poor Travis what could she possibly do that would shock any of us? Apart from confessing that she murdered Travis in cold blood? Nothing.

I fully expect her to request media coverage since she is now in charge of her defense. Her strategy here in two-fold. One is to have as many male jurors on the jury as possible. She will do everything she can (side ponytails and all) to make them feel sorry for her. Secondly she wants to try and humiliate Juan Martinez and Travis' loved ones. She will surely
want the world to see her great performance.

I cannot imagine this uneducated psychopath examining witnesses and all. Arrogance will be her undoing. I bet Juan is having the biggest laugh of his life right now. I am too. And if Travis could see this crazy drama unfold he would too. Jodi has just handed herself on a silver platter to one of the greatest lawyers in the world. Put a fork in her. She's done!

:seeya: Hi rose ! Nice to see ya here !

BBM: Very good points !

:seeya:

With the news today I had to post one. Well maybe two ... :happydance:

tumblr_n0j8isqnIq1si7ew2o1_400.gif

:great: This is just too cute !!!

:seeya:

I really wish we just had the delayed video.

:seeya: Yes, a delayed video may be the best we can hope for !

No doubt Jodi will want the cameras LIVE ...

So I hope Jodi requests that this be live-streamed !

:couch:

Hello DGC! How lovely to see you and all the other 'oldies' here!

Cannot wait for the trial to start. We're all going to be busy next month. I can foresee lots of takeout (cold pizza being my staple food!), phone off the hook, sitting for hours on end glued to the computer screen cheering Juan on....:)

Justice for Travis!

Good Morning everyone, one day closer to the KILLER going down!!!

Hello DGC! How lovely to see you and all the other 'oldies' here!

Cannot wait for the trial to start. We're all going to be busy next month. I can foresee lots of takeout (cold pizza being my staple food!), phone off the hook, sitting for hours on end glued to the computer screen cheering Juan on....:)

Justice for Travis!

:seeya: Yes, it will be like ole times here ... and I can't wait !

:great: WS is the best place to follow a trial !

Good Morning everyone, one day closer to the KILLER going down!!!

:seeya: Morning, Kensie ! Yep ... one day closer ... and one day closer to seeing Juan !!!

:seeya: And Morning Y'all !

:happydance:

:seeya: Yes, it will be like ole times here ... and I can't wait !

:great: WS is the best place to follow a trial !

Only if it's televised though. Otherwise we will get dribble after court and no pics of JM. Sure wish JSS would change her mind. This isn't about whether Jodi plays to the cameras...of course she would! I just believe in open court, cameras and all. And judges like JSS should take charge of their courtrooms.

Curious in In, amen to transparency in the courtroom.

I also don't like being spoon fed information through someone else's prism. I can distort things on my own, thank you very much.

This retrial is going to have a huge amount of media coverage. Isn't it better to let people see the actual proceedings instead of relying on reports which may have some bias?

Excerpt Reuters May 2014:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/27/us-usa-jodiarias-arizona-idUSKBN0E72IX20140527

Judge Sherry Stephens ruled that the penalty phase may be recorded but that any resulting audio or video recordings may not be made public until after a verdict has been reached, according to court papers.

The judge also said that in the unlikely case she opts to change course and allow limited live broadcasts, such airings would be subject to a 15-minute delay. <----------There's hope folks!

Jodi Arias trial, Jodi takes on fool for a client, twists from inside the court, August 5, 2014
http://www.examiner.com/article/jod...ool-for-a-client-twists-from-inside-the-court

I don't understand the reason for the tape delay. I thought the "no cameras" related to the media hype and possibly tainting unsequestered jurors, tape delay is usually for blocking inappropriate content. Maybe JSS had issues with the graphic testimony and photos more that the hype?

Only if it's televised though. Otherwise we will get dribble after court and no pics of JM. Sure wish JSS would change her mind. This isn't about whether Jodi plays to the cameras...of course she would! I just believe in open court, cameras and all. And judges like JSS should take charge of their courtrooms.

:goodpost:

:seeya: And I totally agree !

I'm a great aunt...... Alex was born last night at 7:08, and weighs nine pounds one ounce, and is twenty inches. This big boy is my brother and sister in laws first grandchild and he is very welcome. I haven't heard if PappyJack (my brother named after our grandfather PappyJack) held Alex yet... he usually waits until babies are potty trained and don't drool.

Um............."Ouch"!!!:eek:hwow:

Hi Everyone!

Wow, great to see all kinds of familiar names on here. What a crazy, sad, intense time we all walked through together. Deep breath...

I was lucky last night to spend some time with two of Travis' friends (one a very very close friend) and Katie Wick and PASA and someone else who was a trial watcher who has never posted here. It was great to catch up with everyone after so much time.

I had decided some time back to not attend the sentencing phase of the trial for personal reasons.

Every single person in my life told me I'd gotten lost during that time and they were right. I don't have many regrets about what I did but it did take a toll on my health on every level. I look back and think "what was I thinking?". Many days I worked all morning, rushed to court for the afternoon, waited out the break before visiting hours at the hospital then went to visit my brother who was hospitalized twice during the trial, went to his house to take care of his cats then back home to post my notes at midnight. This was my routine many days during the trial! Crazy!

I'm a very competent person who has a big light that shines but I burnt that down to almost nothing. It took some events that were seriously toxic after the trial were over to wake me up and cause me to unplug. I thank them for that now. I've seen on message boards and now in real life this phenomenon that happens after big trials are over...especially ones with no clean resolution. There is this momentum of everyone fighting -- for justice, for their opinions, for the victim, etc. And then when it's all over, that energy has nowhere to go so people start fighting with each other.

That happened after this trial and Katie Wick and I were subjected to some behaviors that let's say I have never experienced before and never want to again. BUT it pushed us to let go and we did. Katie is VERY busy in law school and I've been rebuilding my health and life with an emphasis on taking care of ME and my family. (let me be clear, I do not hold any of the Alexanders in any way involved in what happened with us--it was more of a frenemy type situation but it all happened for a reason and we are still standing! Thriving!).

I'm writing a lot in my blog and wrote just about these thoughts recently here:

http://twoinnocents.wordpress.com/2014/07/29/be-the-change/

I've had to confront that I will be disappointing people by not going and have had to reconcile that. I will always be supporting the Alexanders in the ways I can that also comport with my own well being. I've said it before and will say it again, where they will need the MOST support is when this is all over and I know they will be losing a lot of what's held them up. I've let them know this too and that I'm there for them always.

PASA however may be attending and I hope she does. She's a big supporter of Juan and her notes are amazing. She's very wise, more than most of you know. I hope she, in her own way that makes sense for her, brings people in to the trial experience and I trust her observations 100%. She's actually more objective than me who obviously had a dog in the fight.

With that being said, please know ANYTHING local reporter Michael Kiefer reports is to be held suspect and is based on his personal bias (in my opinion). I trust Beth Karas above anyone and hope she does attend and report somewhere (I'll see if I can find out). I'd love to see her if/when she's in town as we've become friendly.

About the Jodi representing herself business I think it's based on one thing alone: stalling. I think she's also been advised to take this route for that reason. And my friends, if she gets the DP, the stalling hasn't even begun. There will be millions of dollars invested in helping her stall. Trust me I know this very well (the latest on my sister's killer's execution is the same thing--more stalling and delaying on taxpayer's dime--over two decades later). If there is ANYTHING I'd put myself out there for it would be the ridiculous lack of execution of this sentence and the toll on families and economic toll on society--over our worst of the worst. I don't think people have really a true idea of what goes on. I'd definitely have gone with LWOP if I could have predicted the future. Yet I've always supported the Alexanders in whatever they want to go for. It's their life and their decision. I have my personal opinions about what I hope for the outcome but it's not appropriate that I share them.

I will end on the note that it was just wonderful to talk to Travis TRUE REAL LIFE good friend last night and hear her talk about how she's come to terms with things, how she's felt he has visited her and helped her come to closure and how she believes he is at peace now with everything. It was like a soothing balm to all the insanity going on with the Jodi Show. This trial has become all about her now and that will only get worse in time, trust me. And, for me, I want to focus on LIFE and LIFE GIVING activities so that's what I'm doing.

In my own aha moment this summer I realized that if my mother and sister are looking down at me from Heaven, they would want me to be in environments where my light is shining bright, where I'm displaying love and not hatred, where I'm sharing this amazing life with my dear brother and where I am most loved. So that's what I'm doing for the duration.

Thanks for reading...and please keep in touch wherever you can. :)

Katie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member