SIDEBAR to the Drew Peterson trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
the selection process indicating people who were selected or not.....
I remember reading about that juror who said that he thought that the lifetime movie made Drew seem "smart and guilty".......they would't put him on the jury.
The one that I thought that they made a mistake putting on the jury was the woman who was Polish born who was the primary bread winner for her daughter and granddaughter. She had indicated the hardship losing this amount of work would be on her family.
I am all for civic duty, but that seemed really inconsiderate to do to her and I wondered how resentment might make a person a less attentive juror.
LINK

This is reference to the 1 juror

eta
One potential juror Monday admitted to watching the Lifetime movie, "Drew Peterson: Untouchable.

This trial has me thinking they should change the oath witnesses swear to when they take the witness stand. How about:

"Do you solemnly swear or affirm that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, or the redacted truth and wording as haggled out and agreed upon by the DT and the Judge, and nothing but the truth, so help you god?"

Schori was told what words he could and couldn't use - instead of allowing him to testify to exactly what Stacy had told him. Hearsay is one thing. Having someone else change the words is another.

And then there's all the dancing around Stacy the PT and their witnesses had to do. imo DP shouldn't be able to use him making her vanish to his advantage but that's exactly what happened in this trial.

Totally agree, and love the proposed oath! However, I do not believe Stacy not being in the courtroom was lost on this jury. At least I pray it wasn't.

MOO

What did you think of it? I saw it when it aired. I thought Lowe did an awesome job and i think he really nailed DP. As to who and what he really is.

Watched it again also, and noticed a few inaccuracies since the trial including DP not being in uniform when he called the locksmith and discovered Kathleen's body and Pastor Schori became a priest in the movie.

One question though, was there testimony in the trial regarding DP using a remote to open/close the neighbor's garage door in a threatening manner and tell her he was 'untouchable' or did this actually happen to the neighbor - or someone else?

:waitasec:

MOO

Watched it again also, and noticed a few inaccuracies since the trial including DP not being in uniform when he called the locksmith and discovered Kathleen's body and Pastor Schori became a priest in the movie.

One question though, was there testimony in the trial regarding DP using a remote to open/close the neighbor's garage door in a threatening manner and tell her he was 'untouchable' or did this actually happen to the neighbor - or someone else?

MOO

Good catch there. I had viewed the movie prior to reading up to speed here. I dont recall any neighbor testimony other than the (slipsy) bullet in the driveway.

This is a must see video. The Prosecution need to tell it just like this. If the jury saw this he would be convicted in less than an hour.

ITA, SoBeCzar - Her being drowned in the john agrees with what many (me too) on here have thought. And as I and others have said, she thinks the bilateral collarbone injuries are from being held against the rim of the commode.

If this scenario were given to the jury, all the clouds would float away, and I think the jury would be satisfied that it all makes sense. Logical, and far, far better than a slip & fall & all that er, um goulash. Wham, bam, to jail for life, man!

ITA, SoBeCzar - Her being drowned in the john agrees with what many (me too) on here have thought. And as I and others have said, she thinks the bilateral collarbone injuries are from being held against the rim of the commode.

If this scenario were given to the jury, all the clouds would float away, and I think the jury would be satisfied that it all makes sense. Logical, and far, far better than a slip & fall & all that er, um goulash. Wham, bam, to jail for life, man!

You know, I tend to believe the toilet drowning makes the most sense also...except for one little hitch.

Savio had bruises on both mid-shins *but* she had no reported bruising on her knees. I cannot figure out that aspect.

edited to add

and according to the autopsies, the bruises to the shins were small round bruises

Hello fellow Websleuthers!!! I hope that everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend.

I came across the following article on the Huffington Post regarding the jurors' clothing. It's pretty good because they look at it from several viewpoints.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/09/01/drew-peterson-trial-jury-_2_n_1849066.html

I bet if he's found guilty his appellate attorney will find a way to wrap this into his appeal.

:wagon: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=88273"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] !!

We're glad to have you at such an interesting place in the timeline of this trial. Hang on and let us hear from you often!!

Thanks for the Huff link -- I like her stuff...

:greetings:

IIRC, this $25,000 figured into the scenario three times. First, it was the amount allegedly offered the hit-man to kill Kathleen. Second, it was the amount SP allegedly took off with when she disappeared. Third, it is the amount DP offered for her 'safe return'. In the second and third instances, DP appears to be contradicting himself unless he has another $25,000 to spare for her reward!

MOO

Hmmmm, it wouldn't surprise me, panthera :seeya:, if he had a fair amount of cash stashed in a couple of places. But i will nevah believe that he gave one dime to SP; that's not what he gave that poor woman, IMO....
icon8.gif

WOW! on post #351 regarding what Judge Pirro said! Boy, wish/hope the Prosecutors are reading here!! That would make an EXCELLENT closing!!!

LOL! My grandson had a onesie that said "Made with Love...and Chemistry"...Cute!

Sooner, so sorry to hear you are in the hospital again. Wishing you the best and keeping you in my prayers. Hugs.

Ditto here! Get well SOON, Sooner

respectfully snipped for space...
What is difficult for myself and I'm sure many others, is that we have learned so much about Stacy's case from day one, and then Kathleen story following, and then to realize only a very small percent of information, of what we know, is allowed to reach the jury's ears. How is this justice for the victims?

Totally agree! These two ladies are SO intertwined (sp?) I sure hope the jurors realize WHY Kathleen's body was exhumed in 2007!!??

This trial has me thinking they should change the oath witnesses swear to when they take the witness stand. How about:

"Do you solemnly swear or affirm that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, or the redacted truth and wording as haggled out and agreed upon by the DT and the Judge, and nothing but the truth, so help you god?"

Schori was told what words he could and couldn't use - instead of allowing him to testify to exactly what Stacy had told him. Hearsay is one thing. Having someone else change the words is another.

And then there's all the dancing around Stacy the PT and their witnesses had to do. imo DP shouldn't be able to use him making her vanish to his advantage but that's exactly what happened in this trial.

Love your oath! I, too, can't believe ALL the "evidence" against DP is not making it into this trial... :shakes head:

You know, I tend to believe the toilet drowning makes the most sense also...except for one little hitch.

Savio had bruises on both mid-shins *but* she had no reported bruising on her knees. I cannot figure out that aspect.

edited to add

and according to the autopsies, the bruises to the shins were small round bruises

Just thinking outloud here... if you look at the bottom part where toilet and floor come together - there are two small round "bolts" and have a round cover over them.... edited to add: if he was pushing her head down in the toilet, she could have tried to move her legs/shins forward and unfortunately they would "press" against those "bolts"... make sense??!! LOL!

WOW! on post #351 regarding what Judge Pirro said! Boy, wish/hope the Prosecutors are reading here!! That would make an EXCELLENT closing!!!

Ditto here! Get well SOON, Sooner

respectfully snipped for space...

Totally agree! These two ladies are SO intertwined (sp?) I sure hope the jurors realize WHY Kathleen's body was exhumed in 2007!!??

Love your oath! I, too, can't believe ALL the "evidence" against DP is not making it into this trial... :shakes head:

Just thinking outloud here... if you look at the bottom part where toilet and floor come together - there are two small round "bolts" and have a round cover over them.... edited to add: if he was pushing her head down in the toilet, she could have tried to move her legs/shins forward and unfortunately they would "press" against those "bolts"... make sense??!! LOL!

ur a genius...that makes sense on the toilet bolts or bolt covers!!

Good catch there. I had viewed the movie prior to reading up to speed here. I dont recall any neighbor testimony other than the (slipsy) bullet in the driveway.

There were the neighbors who found Kathleen's body, however I don't recall anything regarding this type of threatening interaction between him and anyone.

MOO

Hmmmm, it wouldn't surprise me, panthera :seeya:, if he had a fair amount of cash stashed in a couple of places. But i will nevah believe that he gave one dime to SP; that's not what he gave that poor woman, IMO....
icon8.gif

Again, IIRC, Stacy allegedly took the money when she left, he didn't give it to her. Just struck me as interesting the dollar amounts are always the same, especially for having this kind of cash on hand for both a hit-man and Stacy to allegedly take from the house.

There were the neighbors who found Kathleen's body, however I don't recall anything regarding this type of threatening interaction between him and anyone.

MOO

Thanks. Now i don't recall seeing the movie so long ago but was there any type of disclaimer at the end? Loosely based on fact? Something of that nature?

also in Savio's autopsy...regarding injury to the back of her right hand....the autopsy states it was a "patterned" injury. I could picture DP standing on that hand and the sole of his shoe leaving a pattern.

info on patterned injuries --

patterned injuries:
http://verbaljudo.tripod.com/forensicnursing/id16.html

analysis of patterned injuries:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12711193

I wonder if they ever studied in depth on that pattern??

It still boggles my mind that the initial coroner's jury determined her death to be accidental with these weird injuries present, and nothing surrounding the tub that could be the cause of the injuries.

Thanks. Now i don't recall seeing the movie so long ago but was there any type of disclaimer at the end? Loosely based of fact? Something of that nature?

As many times as I've seen it, I couldn't tell you one way or the other. Most movies do take license with the facts and use the wording "based on a true story".

:)

No those bolts are really far back from the toilet seat/bowl. I don't think one could contort themselves to get their shins over those. Nice try though.

No those bolts are really far back from the toilet seat/bowl. I don't think one could contort themselves to get their shins over those. Nice try though.

The toilet base also narrows toward the back (where the bolts are) so unlikely her shins would be on anything but the floor if she was held face down into the toilet bowl.

MOO

edited to add

There's no reason to expect bruising on her knees as in a toilet drowning scenario, the pressure would be off of her knees and up onto her upper body as he was holding her down. That as a matter of fact would pull her up and take pressure OFF of her knees. Bruises on her shins could have come from her kicking out?

You could render a person unconscious and pour water down their nose and throat to make them drown, too. Drowning is all about water getting into the lungs. Working with the elderly, I recall there was danger of them "drowning" when swallowing became difficult and liquids were more dangerous than solids. You can "drown" from pneumonia which is fluid in the lungs, as well, for example. He could have bashed her over the head, layed her down and poured water into her to make her drown. I'm sure he knew all kinds of techniques from working with the bad-a$$es, IRC one witness saying he was a sociopathic personality by virtue of working undercover for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant