SIDEBAR to the Drew Peterson trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be out most of the morning shortly after trial gets underway. I know where my mind will be until i can race back here :banghead:

It's and in-and-out day for me today. I hope to get my business taken care of by 11:00. Then, I'll be able to sit and follow the closings. I ear Joe the Shark is prepping for a big closing, but now practicing it. It sor of reminds me of an opening by another attorney recently.

Let's hope, in this case, that logic triumphs over bombast.

Thanks, borndem! I wondered this weekend what DP might be thinking. After Brodsky's insisting that Harry Smith testify and the clossal failure that was, is DP quite as cocky now? Is he worried? If not, then he should be.

I watched that Lifetime movie online again last night and just could not get over DP's narcissism (sp?) and arrogance. He has caused pain to so many, and all of the people he professed to love. He does not know the meaning of love, IMO, except for love of himself.
I have stated in a past post that it scares me that I have such extreme disgust and dislike for someone, yet I honestly cannot help it. There is no doubt in my mind as to whether or not he is guilty of snuffing out two lives.

And yes, in addition to prayers for a just verdict, I am also keeping my fingers as well as toes crossed! Got to cover all bases!

I am looking forward to going through the next several hours of closings and deliberations with all of you!

Good Morning!

Hopefully someone can post updates today. Boss is back after a week off and well....you know how that goes. :rolleyes:

Justice for Kathleen!! :rose:

I can't believe we're nearing the end and the Jury may go into deliberations today. PRAY! :please:

In Session
4 minutes ago
Judge Burmila has decided to start early. Court will begin at 9:30 a.m. ET. We'll bring you live updates from the courtroom.

diane pathieu ‏@dianepathieu
State has entered the building. Closing arguments scheduled to start at 9am. #DrewPeterson http://pic.twitter.com/4MhEr6bK

Jon Seidel ‏@SeidelContent
Jim Glasgow and team walk to the Will County courthouse for closing arguments in the #DrewPeterson trial. http://pic.twitter.com/iHHyEDY0

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson trial winds down today with closing arguments. Prosecutors just arrived in court

In Session
4 minutes ago
Judge Burmila has decided to start early. Court will begin at 9:30 a.m. ET. We'll bring you live updates from the courtroom.

:floorlaugh:

diane pathieu ‏@dianepathieu
Prosecutors in court, defense team tweets they are stuck in traffic. Court to start after 9:15am.

Mandy McGlothlin ‏@MandyMcGlothlin
#drewpeterson Both Savio and Cales families are here today.

:rose: :rose:

Oh, Good Grief -- Brodsky (as you've prolly also just seen) has announced the why of who will be handling their C/A by saying he is especially good at closings & it will be "informative, forceful, and entertaining." (my emphasis on that last word). Ack!!!!

Will Lopez be smashing watermelons with a sledge-hammer?? Well, heyell, it worked for Gallagher, didn't it?! Wear your raincoats and step right up, ladies & germs, "The Show" starts in about an hour.

Oh, dear. Are they that confident?? -- ohhhhh, just listen to 'em... Grrrrrrrr.

It's tuff to even swallow my coffee when anyone in that bunch speaks...

Lopez is tuff to listen (to) -- his voice is not ear-easy, IMO, but that's just moi.

"Positive thoughts, positive thoughts," as Abby Sciutto (NCIS) says.
icon12.gif

BJ Lutz ‏@bjlutz
#DrewPeterson defense attorney tweets they're stuck in traffic. Expected to arrive 9:15 am CDT

That's an hour from now!! :maddening:

BJ Lutz ‏@bjlutz
#DrewPeterson defense attorney tweets they're stuck in traffic. Expected to arrive 9:15 am CDT

That's an hour from now!! :maddening:

They're showing two of the defense team live on IS now--Greenburg and the other one that's not Lopez (Brodsky)e--so it must be Lopez that's stuck.

Oh, Good Grief -- Brodsky (as you've prolly also just seen) has announced the why of who will be handling their C/A by saying he is especially good at closings & it will be "informative, forceful, and entertaining." (my emphasis on that last word). Ack!!!!

Will Lopez be smashing watermelons with a sledge-hammer?? Well, heyell, it worked for Gallagher, didn't it?! Wear your raincoats and step right up, ladies & germs, "The Show" starts in about an hour.

Oh, dear. Are they that confident?? -- ohhhhh, just listen to 'em... Grrrrrrrr.

It's tuff to even swallow my coffee when anyone in that bunch speaks...

Lopez is tuff to listen (to) -- his voice is not ear-easy, IMO, but that's just moi.

"Positive thoughts, positive thoughts," as Abby Sciutto (NCIS) says.
icon12.gif

They just make me sick! I have never seen defense attorneys act like these clowns imo. They just show no respect and try to see who can be the funniest. Yuck! :maddening:

just jumping in as I've followed but not posted since Stacey went missing, only because drew makes me so irate.
I can't believe what the defense is saying(playing on insession this am) that #1 the closing is gonna be big, entertaining and we'll all want a front row seat. Please tell me these guys are not that self involved that they care that much about the entertainment aspect of Kathleen dying? and #2 how are they going to bring up their opionion that Stacey was such a dishonarble extortionist but in the next breath they are yelling at the reporters that the jury will not know of or speak of Stacey. I cannot stand how defensive and loud they get about Stacey (well I can stand it because I believe they are afraid of her and what she spoke to people about their client)imo

sorry I know some of you have followed/posted regularly and I'm sure have discussed the demeanor of the players involved. It just grated my nerves while I was trying to work out and listen to those lawyers. drew imprinted on his team huh? they sound like him.

moo

They're showing two of the defense team live on IS now--Greenburg and the other one that's not Lopez (Brodsky)e--so it must be Lopez that's stuck.

Yeah Lopez and wife

Carol Burton ‏@special_ed_gym2
#DrewPeterson: Lopez and wife stuck in traffic

BJ Lutz ‏@bjlutz
Brodsky: Defense closing by @josharrk "one for the record books." Says #DrewPeterson is "anxious," ready to go home to kids.

Not so fast. :jail:

(paraphrasing). The Defense is going to say that all the witnesses are liars.
Witnesses that didn't even know each other formed a conspiracy? Please Jury,
Use common sense. Put a stop to Peterson for good.

Beth K. is on the phone from the courtroom. She says there are tons of people there. More than any other day.

Beth K. is on the phone from the courtroom. She says there are tons of people there. More than any other day.

Saw a tweet that people were lined up from 1:00 am (??) :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member