Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to get you off focus, but did the guy who found them, say he had called them on the cellphone and they didn't answer ??

Yes BB he did. It was the grandfather/father

not to get you off focus, but did the guy who found them, say he had called them on the cellphone and they didn't answer ??
Technically, her grandmother made the calls from the home phone to the cell phone and got no answer according to reports.

so are we thinking, they walked to the bridge, were seen by someone lurking there, who drove to find them on their return walk. obviously nothing at the bridge frightened the girls or they would have phoned home. these guys were hassling them from their car and the phone rings, scaring them, so they shoot, so the girls can't answer the phone and blow the whistle on them.

so are we thinking, they walked to the bridge, were seen by someone lurking there, who drove to find them on their return walk. obviously nothing at the bridge frightened the girls or they would have phoned home. these guys were hassling them from their car and the phone rings, scaring them, so they shoot, so the girls can't answer the phone and blow the whistle on them.

That could very well be it. :eek: I hadn't thought about the implications of the phone ringing.

How long would it have taken the girls to walk to where they were found from the home?

Also, did the Grandfather walk or did he drive a car when he went to look for them??

Sorry, jumping in late. This is so disgusting that two little girls were cut down like this for no apparent reason that is obvious right now.

I have read speculation of drugs and joy killing so far. Someone mentioned that they were the only 2 girls in the school. At their ages, would this have been a "middle school" (like maybe 6th to 8th graders)??

It was described as execution style. So as far as revenge, it might have been revenge against a family member, not the girls themselves. Maybe somebody knew the girls frequented this path and waited for them. If it was more of a spontaneous killing, then the killers would have had to be carrying these weapons with them all time time, which is somewhat risky (what if they got stopped by LE for speeding or something). But I don't know the area...maybe it's not unusual for people to have guns in their cars all the time?

We don't know if the perps were already at the scene and the girls came up on them after going to the bridge or not. The girls most likely were gone by the time the grandmother called, imo. It will be very interesting to get the timeline of the phone calls.

Maybe a kid the girls know confided some secret to them and they were going to tell. That still wouldn't answer how the person knew the girls would be where they were right at that time. I think the local cop is right about people being very cautious. Either a lunatic/s are on the loose or other kids could be in danger from a local who is trying to keep them quiet.

It was described as execution style. So as far as revenge, it might have been revenge against a family member, not the girls themselves. Maybe somebody knew the girls frequented this path and waited for them. If it was more of a spontaneous killing, then the killers would have had to be carrying these weapons with them all time time, which is somewhat risky (what if they got stopped by LE for speeding or something). But I don't know the area...maybe it's not unusual for people to have guns in their cars all the time?
Assault weapons would be unusual, but rifles and shotguns...no.

Littledeer I read in one of the first articles that this school only had 100 children from kindergarten to 12th grade, and 60 more via the internet because it was such a rural area (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). That is not very many children at all-but the odds that they were the only 2 girls seems a bit off.
I am jumping in late too but i just had time to read everything today.

How long would it have taken the girls to walk to where they were found from the home?

Also, did the Grandfather walk or did he drive a car when he went to look for them??

Sorry, jumping in late. This is so disgusting that two little girls were cut down like this for no apparent reason that is obvious right now.

I have read speculation of drugs and joy killing so far. Someone mentioned that they were the only 2 girls in the school. At their ages, would this have been a "middle school" (like maybe 6th to 8th graders)??

They were found 300 yards from home. The bridge was 3/4 of a mile from home.

The grandfather walked to find them. (Er . . . I think he walked.)

They weren't the only girls in their school. One of them was the only girl in her class. There were only about 10 students in each class IIRC. The school was combined, because of so few students, and their girls' grades were combined into one classroom.

To me the most likely scenario is a sexual assault gone wrong...although they weren't sexually molested (according to reports) the girls knew who these guys were, maybe they started screaming, or like someone suggested, their cell phone rang...and the perps ended up killing them because they could ID them. I hope they find some sort of DNA on their bodies...

I would like to know where the cellphone they were carrying was found.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation lead agent Ben Rosser said they tested the witness' story and believe him to be credible. During a Thursday news conference, Rosser said that the witness offered no names of people he might have seen in the area moments before Taylor Dawn Paschal-Placker, 13, of Weleetka, and Skyla Jade Whitaker, 11, of Henryetta, were shot to death.

http://www.koco.com/news/16589907/detail.html

So at least we do know the witness is male.

I would like to know where the cellphone they were carrying was found.

Here's a little synopsis from Criminal Report Daily for those of you arriving late:
Skyla and Taylor's bodies were discovered Sunday evening in a ditch along County Line Road in Weleetka, Oklahoma. According to the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Office, Skyla had been spending the night at Taylor's house, and the two had decided to take a walk along the dirt road to the bridge over Bad Creek. It was something both girls had done many times before, and the bridge was only about a quarter of a mile from Taylor's house, where she lived with her grandfather and legal guardian, Peter Placker. When the girls failed to return home in a timely manner, Placker called Taylor's cell phone but got no answer. Mildly concerned by the lack of response, Placker set out on foot to locate the two girls.
"He got 200 to 300 yards north of the home and found the girls on the side of the road," OSBI special agent Ben Rosser told Adaeveningnews.com. "Both girls had been shot multiple times. Both girls were dead at the scene. At that time, he (Placker) took a cell phone from one of the girls and made a 9-1-1 telephone call to notify the authorities."
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/06/oklahoma-invest.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member