Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they find some sort of DNA on their bodies...

Rosser said investigators have interviewed several people and that DNA is being gathered from the girls to match up against evidence from possible suspects. Among the worst-case scenarios investigators are considering are that the shooting was random, the girls stumbled upon something or were targeted. He said Wednesday that he believes the girls were killed where they were found along the road, not killed somewhere else and transported there.

http://www.koco.com/news/16589907/detail.html (Bolded by me)

Thank you to all for the kind welcome.

I can't be of much use on the input about the area. It has been many,many years since I lived there and as we all know the world is a much different place as of late.

I was very encouraged by the presser. It seems they may have more information as of today. Perhaps trying to put pressure on the one's who know to come forward with more information.

I agree that the grading of the road was a really stupid thing to do if I heard that correctly at the presser. Also the cell phone ringing is a very good idea!

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I know one of our theories here is that they stumbled upon some sort of illegal activity:
Does anyone know if the creek (Bad Creek?) is dry right now, or if there is significant water running through it. If so I wonder if maybe someone was throwing something over that bridge into the creek below and the girls walked up not realizing what was going on. Wonder if they have searched for any evidence in that creek?

I can't even imagine ...he must have gone into total shock to get thru it and knew enough not to do anything to their bodies.

I don't see this as a murder to send a message to any family member. How would anyone have known about two young girls having a sleepover and *then* to take a walk? Obviously, any phone/mobile phone will be checked out by LE, but I do not see that as a reason for these murders.

I think these angels were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Two guns, two shooters. To kill. I still believe, as I stated in an earlier post, that whoever killed these angels has done so before. ~Maybe~ not to such a brutal extreme, but they have killed before. Noone shoots any child without some reason (even one we could never understand) and in such a horrific way. To have both shot in the head...they wanted these angels dead.

Perhaps someone who mentioned this is right...could it have been a "thrill kill"???

Desertsand, I see you moved to the OTHER state. (Go Big Red!)

Yes, things in the quiet, wonderful existence we used to know in rural Oklahoma has changed over the years. It is sad to see the innocence stripped from people in this small community, but it is a reality people need to face. It is time to lock their doors and windows, take the keys out of their cars, and watch their children closely.

Steadfast...just click edit then to go advanced. It will let you delete your post from there if you want. :)

How far away would shots be able to be heard in a rural setting like that?

I was thinking.... When are the funerals for these angels? I think I would have LE scope out and tape both wakes/funerals as well as stake out the area where these babies were murdered. I think who ever killed them would definitely return to the site or visit funeral home/cematary of where they will be buried. Even not long after the fact.

I think they would be that stupid....

Rosser said detectives still have no suspects in the girls' deaths but that investigators were back at the scene early Thursday. He said an aviation unit with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol was also helping to scour the scene for clues.

http://www.koco.com/news/16589907/detail.html (Bolded by me)

Since they are doing air searches, it makes me wonder what they are looking for. It could be they are checking the river/creek for signs of something plus the fields. Are they thinking perhaps they could have ditched the vehicle?

They haven't mentioned if they were searching the water (I have to assume there is water there, but not sure).

I can't remember which girl the cell phone belonged to, but wonder if it could have GPS tracking on it. The area where the memorial is set up looks like it is an area where a car could be pulled over and be sort of behind the trees a bit.

Thanks for the article about the girls being found on the west side of the road. It is kind of strange that they were shot in the chest when on the west side. They must have been confronted obviously and turned to face their attackers. I wonder if that makes it more likely a driver was involved, but did not shoot.

I wish they would publish a timeline as every article just goes by about, etc. They do say the 911 call was 5:40. He probably went looking for them about 5:25 or so. Most articles say the girls left around 5, which gives about 20-25 minutes for the murder to occur is my guess.

That is a good call about the cell phone possibly alerting whomever that the girls were near or triggered something.

I was thinking.... When are the funerals for these angels?
The funerals will both be held on Friday, in two separate towns.

The family of 11-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker will hold her funeral services at 10 a.m. on Friday at Dewar First Baptist Church, 507 E 6th St.

Skyla Whitaker, 13, will have her funeral services held at 2 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Henryetta, 420 West Trudgeon St., in Henryetta.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8481653

They haven't mentioned if they were searching the water (I have to assume there is water there, but not sure).
SS, this is very disturbing to me. I really think they should be checking into that creek. IMO, it would make perfect sense-in a sick murderous sort of way:mad:

Sorry, for the post again, but some were asking how people might know they were taking a walk.

One article I read stated that Taylor made the trek to the bridge periodically for exercise. I don't remember if it was daily, but I'll see if I can find that again.

I dont' know if the shooters have killled a human before but I bet they have killed animals.

Mark Fuhrman was interviewed the other night and agrees with you that whoever did this, has killed before. In his opinion this isn't something that one does first time out. He also believes the shots to the head were what police call "insurance", to make absolutely sure the girls were dead. They wanted to make sure no one would live to tell.

Hard to say, we've been fooled many times before in cases...look at the Groehne case, those kids were watched for a few days beforehand. But I do think it is locals though and I do think they will be arrested very soon.

Is there any gang activity in that area?

Sorry, for the post again, but some were asking how people might know they were taking a walk.

One article I read stated that Taylor made the trek to the bridge periodically for exercise. I don't remember if it was daily, but I'll see if I can find that again.
It was daily, but different times every day. There was no set pattern as to when she decided to take her walk, but it was her exercise according to reports.

The funerals will both be held on Friday, in two separate towns.

The family of 11-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker will hold her funeral services at 10 a.m. on Friday at Dewar First Baptist Church, 507 E 6th St.

Skyla Whitaker, 13, will have her funeral services held at 2 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Henryetta, 420 West Trudgeon St., in Henryetta.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8481653

What a horrible, horrible day for these families. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members