Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
There probably wasn't a sex crime committed, but an attempted one that backfired or was foiled in some way causing this man to panic, and shoot the girls..IF it was a sex offender who did this.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080612_11_A1_hOSBIs543824

Joe Mosher, an uncle of Taylor, said the two families are still trying to cope with the death of the two girls.
"It's pretty tough for them. We're still trying to find out what happened, because this is tragic — just so tragic," Mosher said. "From what information we've received so far, I got a call from North Carolina of all places, saying there was two guns involved and maybe three people.

SuziQ--you asked about the post about heroin and the Tiger Mountain salvage yard, from the Topix board; here it is. (It's from Roy, the 'pot-stirrer,' though.)

#1109 "Hey, I would think that since tulsa and okc police havent seen any good horse in this neck of the woods for 20 some years that they might just find it interesting that the small amounts that they found in the past few month most likely came out of tigar mountain wrecking yard just up the road from waleetka. Those mexicans have been bringing alot of horses in and locking them in the big barn waiting for the buyer to must the funds to make the perchase. catch my drift? Watch those mongals. thenm some bad asses.. lmao."

That's pretty wild about ClayCat's Golden Arches vision panning out!!

Something besides just the name, linking Edward Gordon to Skyla.

This article about the trial in Kansas gives Ed's address as 202 E 20th St, Baxter Springs.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_128223625.html?start:int=15

This court record for Rose Marie Getman lists her address (in 2000 ) as the same place.

http://www.odcr.com/detail.php?Case=058-TRC%200005253&County=058-

Welcome to Websleuths Tulsa! :)

Thanks for the information! This does prove a tie between Edward Gordon and Rose (Gordon) Whitaker.

I think it's a shame people are so pathetic and desperate for some kind of attention they would use the murder of two little girls to get that attention.
This "Roy" person is obviously a loser pretending he knows something with his little cryptic posts, and all for the purpose of attention..and look...he's being quoted here and on the CTV boards.
Mission accomplished.
I'm not faulting anyone here for quoting him, I just find it more than offensive this person "Roy" is playing games with such a tragedy. IMO

I am just almost angry there has been nothing to report on this case. Surely, things are moving forward...but we sure aren't seeing it, if so! They were so good to hold pressers daily when this began and now it seems they are shifting over to a backburner already. I know they must be working on it, but it is in their best interest to have the public involved. To clam up and to give us nothing for so long only leads to more speculation. This case needs some facts and less speculation before it implodes. People are anxious, angry, and wanting some answers. Now it is a weekend and we know that there will be no real news. I hate to say it...but I think it means they really have nothing solid to go on at this point.

I think it's a shame people are so pathetic and desperate for some kind of attention they would use the murder of two little girls to get that attention.
This "Roy" person is obviously a loser trying to pretend he knows something for the purpose of attention..and look...he's being quoted here and on the CTV boards.
Mission accomplished.
I'm not faulting anyone here for quoting him, I just find it more than offensive that this person is playing games with such a tragedy. IMO
He is a troll. He gets his jollies from starting arguments and making absurd comments across the country most likely. No, people should not pay attention to that fool. He is offensive and means to be. Anytime you read the gossip section of a paper or a news outlet...you need to be aware of his kind and realize they are only there to get a rise out of people who actually fall for his "trolling abilities". They are everywhere.

I am just almost angry there has been nothing to report on this case. Surely, things are moving forward...but we sure aren't seeing it, if so! They were so good to hold pressers daily when this began and now it seems they are shifting over to a backburner already. I know they must be working on it, but it is in their best interest to have the public involved. To clam up and to give us nothing for so long only leads to more speculation. This case needs some facts and less speculation before it implodes. People are anxious, angry, and wanting some answers. Now it is a weekend and we know that there will be no real news. I hate to say it...but I think it means they really have nothing solid to go on at this point.
ITA.
I think it's either one of two things..1) the LE is on the trail of someone/people and they want the element of surprise, or 2) there is nothing new to report.

SuziQ--you asked about the post about heroin and the Tiger Mountain salvage yard, from the Topix board; here it is. (It's from Roy, the 'pot-stirrer,' though.)

#1109 "Hey, I would think that since tulsa and okc police havent seen any good horse in this neck of the woods for 20 some years that they might just find it interesting that the small amounts that they found in the past few month most likely came out of tigar mountain wrecking yard just up the road from waleetka. Those mexicans have been bringing alot of horses in and locking them in the big barn waiting for the buyer to must the funds to make the perchase. catch my drift? Watch those mongals. thenm some bad asses.. lmao."

That's pretty wild about ClayCat's Golden Arches vision panning out!!

I went back and read and missed where her visioned panned out, can someone fill me in? Thanks!

People Magazine, page 114

Murder On A Country Road...

The brutal shooting deaths of tow young girls out for a stroll bring grief and fear to the quiet rural community of Weleetla, OK. by Howard Breuer

Afew months ago 13 year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker started pressing her family for more independence, including freedom to walk the area around her home in rural Weleeka, Okla. Reluctantly her grandmother Vicky Placker, who along with Taylor's grandfather Peter had raised Taylor as their own child, agreed. "'You know, you've got to face it, I'm getting older,'" Vicky, 47 recalls Taylor saying. :So, I started to let her walk in front of the house but reminded her, 'It don't matter how old you get, Taulor, 'till the day that I die, you gonna be my baby.'"

But on June 8 the family's worst fears came true. That Sunday afternoon Taylor and her best friend, Skyla Whitaker, 11, asked if they could walk a half mile up a dirt road to a bridge over a creek. "At first I told her no, but then I figured it would be okay because it was something they could do before Skyla's mother picked her up," says Peter, 48, a mechanic who moved the family from Oklahoma City three years ago in search of a safer environment. When the girls didn't return as quickly as expected or answer Taylor's cell phone, Peter went looking for them. He came upon their bodies in a ditch halfway to the bridge. They had each been shot multiple times-with two different guns-in the head and chest.

Police offered no clues to a motive but did release a sketch of a potential witness who was described as an approximately 35-year-old Native American man with a long ponytail. Witnesses told police they saw him stopped in a white pickup near the scene about the time of the murders. Investigators last week said they were examining the tracks and show imprints near the spot where the girls were found. Given the remoteness of the crime scene, police have said they believe the killer or killers were locals who knew the area well.

The senseless crime stunned the community. Taylor and Skyla were inseparable friends who attended Graham public School, where they were 2 of 10 students in a combined 5th-6th grade class. They loved to hang out in a shed turned clubhouse on the Placker property, where they painted the ceiling a Cotton-candy blend of white, blue and purple and decorated the walls with their names and those of their favorite stars Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens and Miley Cyrus. Joe Mosher, Taylor's great uncle, was among the hundreds of people who attended the girls' back-to-back funerals on June 13. "The hardest thing in my life," he says. "was looking into those open caskets and seeing these ended lives."

At Skyla's funeral her sister Rosita Gordon recalled that Skyla loved her family and her 13 cats and wanted to be a veterinarian. "She loved to play in the sand. She loved scary movies. She loved her school. And she loved the rain." At Taylor's funeral the Rev. Ron King said he could celebrate the girls' lives but couldn't explain their deaths. "These were just babies. How do you make sense of this?" Peter Placker agrees. "I'm going to feel the same way whether they catch them or not," he says, teary-eyed. "But I want them caught-just so I can find out why." *

People June 30, 2008 pg 115

A MEMORIAL

"I grieve for both of the..: says Taylor's grandfather Peter Placker, returning to where he discovered the bodies. Picture of the dirt road where they were found and a memorial of flowers piled wide and high above the ditch.

Picture: Children release balloons after Skyla's funeral "A Friend Lost"

Picture, Witness Lost - Sketch of POI

As to the People Mag info, I subscribe and this article is in the issue I received today (dated June 30) with Tim Russert on the cover. As far as I know, there is no online link...yet. The articles sometimes are available online a week or two after the issue is on news stands. Until it goes online, all I can do is paraphrase the contents that are "new" to us.

It's only a two page article - mostly photos. The POI sketch is included - in a small size - but it is a national mag - anything helps.

My Opinion

SFinch--someone posted from a blog that the girls' mothers worked together at McDonald's.

June 19, 2008

U.S. Marshals "Operation FALCON" Clears Over 490 Warrants in Muskogee

Muskogee, OK – In one of the largest fugitive initiatives ever undertaken in the Muskogee area, the U.S. Marshals, teamed with law enforcement agencies throughout eastern Oklahoma, arrested 290 fugitives and cleared 493 warrants during a recent week-long 10 county sweep.

http://www.usmarshals.gov/falcon08/news_releases/061908-e-ok.htm

Ya gotta wonder who they picked up.
Been looking around for arrest warrants for Creech, nothing yet.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/s..._book_id=219644

[/FONT] TIMOTHY P CREECH
ODOC# 176500
pobtrans.gif
image 1 of 9 >
19 Feb 2008
pobtrans.gif
Alias
No data available
pobtrans.gif
IDs
ODOC#: 176500 Birth Date: 01/16/1965 Appearance
White Male; 6 ft. 0 in. tall; 174 pounds; Brown hair; Hazel eyes;
pobtrans.gif
Body Marks
ARM: TAT L T-MID L ARM GRIM REAPER ARM: TAT R T-R UPPR ARM , FADED T-MID ARM
pobtrans.gif
Sentence
CRF# County Offense Conviction Term Term Code Start End

pobtrans.gif
88-57 OKFU Unlawful Delivery Of Marijuana 09/14/1988 1Y 0M 0D Incarceration 11/20/1996 11/27/1990 88-57 OKFU Unlawful Delivery Of Marijuana 09/14/1988 1Y 6M 0D Probation 09/14/1988 11/27/1990 96-121 OKFU Dui Subsequent 11/20/1996 3Y 0M 0D Probation 11/20/1996 12/14/1999 99-130 WAGO Sexual Battery Afcf (Split Sent) 09/17/2001 15Y Incarceration 09/26/2001 02/28/2008 99-130 WAGO Sexual Battery Afcf (Split Sent) 09/17/2001 5Y Probation 09/17/2001 09/16/2021 99-130 WAGO Lewd Molestation Afcf (Suspended) 09/17/2001 20Y Probation 02/28/2008 02/27/2028
pobtrans.gif
Facility

This is just too close to those girls. WTF with his record why is he among people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member