Specifically, why is Casey no longer acknowledging her parents in the courtroom?

My belief is that it goes back to the grand jury indictment. I think KC blames George for testifying, and Cindy for not keeping him from testifying.

KC doesn't see it as her own fault she is in jail and in a hot mess because she murdered Caylee. She thinks she can and should get away with it, because her parents always let her get away with everything. I think in her mind, it was up to Cindy and George to somehow keep her from being indicted, despite any and all other evidence and testimony at the GJ. They failed her. She's pizzed. And she's not going to talk to them or 'be nice' to them until they get her out of this mess.

Note that this would also explain Cindy and George's behavior so far as their 'KC is innocent' campaign, which has, to me, remained otherwise inexplicable. This family is very enmeshed - they do not function as individuals, but as a melded single entity. They all have their roles within this entity, they all play their parts, so the group can function as a whole. There's no separating them. When I look at the behavior of one, I now always look at the behavior of all the others, and it's much easier for me to make some sense of what they're doing.

MOO

I gave this some thought. They don't like the cameras watching every tiny interaction. I've heard it said before that if George and Cindy and Lee want to communicate outside the spotlight, then they need to go through the courtroom. So what I figure has happened is that they've written letters (the packet of papers Jose tossed at Casey as she sat down) and Casey read them, and then she wrote her responses (the writing she's seen doing). At the end of the hearing, Jose snaps up the packet and off he goes to deliver the response to the Anthony's. That way she doesn't have to be uber examined for every little thing. And it further explains why he was so conscientious to mention that if the camera was going to be up front that they don't focus on what she's doing with the papers.

Because they have nothing to offer her now.

You are so right! They have nothing to offer her, so they are now useless.
Now they are up for using for her own means- throw them under the bus at trial- Poor KC. Whine whine Whine Blah Blah blah it's all their fault.

You are so right! They have nothing to offer her, so they are now useless.
Now they are up for using for her own means- throw them under the bus at trial- Poor KC. Whine whine Whine Blah Blah blah it's all their fault.
This reminds me of a take from an old song, " Head'em up, move'em out Raw Hide!" Keep on keepin on KC thats the only thing you have appeared to be good at! :furious:

Why? Well, to give us all something to talk about. I read that Cindy was hugging JB outside of court. She must feel he is doing a good job.
Seriously I do think she did acknowledge them when she left but they may have already stepped out of court. She turned in that direction briefly.

I gave this some thought. They don't like the cameras watching every tiny interaction. I've heard it said before that if George and Cindy and Lee want to communicate outside the spotlight, then they need to go through the courtroom. So what I figure has happened is that they've written letters (the packet of papers Jose tossed at Casey as she sat down) and Casey read them, and then she wrote her responses (the writing she's seen doing). At the end of the hearing, Jose snaps up the packet and off he goes to deliver the response to the Anthony's. That way she doesn't have to be uber examined for every little thing. And it further explains why he was so conscientious to mention that if the camera was going to be up front that they don't focus on what she's doing with the papers.

Very interesting. I think you are on to something :woohoo:

I posted this on another thread but I also but I noticed when KC came into the courtroom and sat down the camera focused on CA. The look on CA's face spoke volumes to the relationship between KC and her parents. CA had a look of confusion and hurt on her face. As if to say "Why aren't you turning around and acknowledging us? Why won't you look at us? We've given everything to you and supported you"

I do hope CA is hurt beyond belief. I hope she's hurt enough that she sees her daughter for who she really is. My hope is that she will come to her senses and do what is right to ensure that there is justice for Caylee.

Someone asked that very same question on one of the news shows last night and the answer is that she is not allowed to acknowledge them. She's not supposed to speak with them, look at them or try to touch them.

~Jai Yen

IMO CA and GA are about to be thrown under the bus at trial and let's face it, they no longer have anything of use to her. She no longer needs a babysitter, she has bled them dry financially so they can offer no financial assiatnce towards her defense. The cold shoulder could also be a way for her to intimidate them prior to their testimony....to show she'll never speak to them again if they cooperate....That'll teach 'em :bang:

ITA. They can't get her out of jail or do anything constructive for her. Time to toss them aside just like she did Caylee. I believe it's the nature of psychopaths. If there is nothing in it for them, they don't have any use for it.

I think that is very true. I believe KC tosses people aside once she has no use for them with the ease that we have in tossing out a used tissue.

She has her attorneys now and they will be the people she connects with.

Beside, I think the defense will point the finger at the parents, especially GA, when this goes to trial and KC will have no problem with it.

I agree with chastity. The unspoken truth among the A's is that KC killed the baby. Some of us noted during the blue shirt appearance in court that it looked like JB told her to turn around and smile at her parents. She did it really quickly. She's ashamed, but her shame manifests as snobbery.

I posted this on another thread but I also but I noticed when KC came into the courtroom and sat down the camera focused on CA. The look on CA's face spoke volumes to the relationship between KC and her parents. CA had a look of confusion and hurt on her face. As if to say "Why aren't you turning around and acknowledging us? Why won't you look at us? We've given everything to you and supported you"

I do hope CA is hurt beyond belief. I hope she's hurt enough that she sees her daughter for who she really is. My hope is that she will come to her senses and do what is right to ensure that there is justice for Caylee.

I fear the more KC snubs and tortures her parents the more they want to strive to please her, win her attentions back and, have her love them back. The whole love thing got messed up in the A family and I think KC has always used her affections and love as a control thing, that's why the A's call KC the boss and let her rule things -- why KC went south.

KC is being aloof right now, adding salt to a terrible wound that she caused in the family but, I still think the family want to believe that KC did not do it, or it was an accident. As LA said, he believes everything KC says, he must.

KC owns them and they are not useful right now, she has a powerful team -- it will change in a heartbeat once/if she needs them and they will respond.

Yes, I think there is something specific behind KC not acknowledging her parents. I think KC knows they know she killed her daughter. She only smiled at them during the one court appearance because JB told her to and she quickly turned back around.

No jailhouse visits also speaks volumes. Come on, they don't have to talk about the case. KC's parents could just go to see her to tell her they love her. They could see her on Christmas Day at least, maybe say a prayer with her, anything to show their support. I don't care what the attorney says, I would see my child. What we don't know is whether the A's have even tried to see her and/or if KC would even see them if they did show up. I think a big reason for this behavior is shame on KC's part, if that is an emotion she can feel.
Besides, she is mad about the memorial. She's mad about a lot of things. I don't think she wants to see them and would have a difficult time facing them.

As always, JMO - Sue

(Bolded by me)
I think you were correct on saying, "if that's an emotion she can feel"....

Sociopaths feel no remorse, guilt or shame...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-social_personality_disorder

Someone asked that very same question on one of the news shows last night and the answer is that she is not allowed to acknowledge them. She's not supposed to speak with them, look at them or try to touch them.
~Jai Yen

I can understand rules not to touch (hug) or talk to others in the court room but as to looking and smiling, at least an acknowledgement -- I'd be skeptical.

Last time JB prompted KC to acknowledge her parents and, lets face it - JB is not exactly one to follow court etiquette.

There could be too many cooks advising them what to do and not do -- since the media analyzes every facial expression. This'll get more interesting at trial though where they will be in court for weeks and there will be experts analyzing everyone.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw a shot of Cindy's face during the hearing, it was as if she was trying to will her to turn around. I think Casey could be holding a grudge over just about anything right now with her parent's, Caylee's cremation and the memorial, things she has heard them say on TV in past LE interviews. She could be thinking that were it not for Cindy, and the hatred and attention she has drawn through her own comments, the spotlight on her crime would be less. Casey should be blaming herself for where she is at, but since we know she plays the victim, in her head, she's not at fault.

Do you think Casey has been instructed not to acknowledge her parents in court (other than a brief glace/smile at them) as a matter of strategy? Possibly, an effort to distance her from the not so favorable public opinion of her family. She is likely communicating with them in other ways.
No, because of JB telling her to turn and look at them in one of the previous hearings...It's just not civil, even for her to ignore them.:snooty:

I think most sociopaths have a rule that they follow when they have screwed someone over... and the someone now wants answers.

The "out of sight, out of mind" rule.

this is a great idea! i never thought of this that way you could totally be on to something! :bananajump:

I agree~KC didn't acknowledge her parents because she was on camera.
Perhaps she was feeling emotional and concerned that she might break down.

Why? Well, to give us all something to talk about. I read that Cindy was hugging JB outside of court. She must feel he is doing a good job.
Seriously I do think she did acknowledge them when she left but they may have already stepped out of court. She turned in that direction briefly.

I think they are just tickled pink that so many people are speculating and wondering what they are up to. The code talk was/is for our benefit. The cameo's and media interviews in the beginning are old hat. They are bona fide celebrities now (in their own minds) and loving the attention.

It might have something to do with the answer brad conway gave to the media when asked if his clients think their daughter is guilty/innocent ( I can't remember exactly how it was worded).

He said: "They just don't know."

That's enough to put them in the enemy camp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back