Specifically, why is Casey no longer acknowledging her parents in the courtroom?

This reminds me of a take from an old song, " Head'em up, move'em out Raw Hide!" Keep on keepin on KC thats the only thing you have appeared to be good at! :furious:

OMG! lol I remember that show! :blushing:

I think she doesn't acknowledge them for several reasons
* the whole public memorial situation and decision to have Caylee cremated
* they haven't visited her in jail for a long time (she probably wouldn't even take the visits and JB has probably instructed them not to come, yet the way KC sees it why wouldn't they even try?)
* they hadn't been at a lot of previous hearings
* probably pissed about the Caylee pin GA is wearing
* deep down knows they think she did something
* her dad tried to commit suicide to be with Caylee (she probably looks at it as "is that all he cares about? caylee?")

The contact is definitely limited but all I know is if I truly missed and still loved my parents I would find a way to blow them a kiss, or sign/mouth "I love you"..definitely give them more than a quick smile

KC doesn't acknowledge anyone who is of no service to her. Like the character in the Bad Seed, or Cathy, in John Steinbeck's famous novel, East of Eden, Steinbeck described Kathy the evil sociopath in the novel before the word was invented: "Some people are born without arms, some people are born without legs, some people are born without a soul."

I am not sure if anyone else recalls this but way back in the beginning of the case Cindy told LE she could care less about Casey, she just wanted Caylee back. That keeps playing over and over again on NG. Cindy also stated to the media that if she ever felt that he daughter ever hurt Caylee, she would be the first one to admit it. I am thinking the no visits are a way for the Anthony's to say...hey Casey, we cover for you over and over and now it's over. They may look like they are defending their daughter and that is just what a parent does. But in the end, it will be Georges statements that will help put Casey away for a long time. As for Cindy, I think she is embarrassed more than anything. This puts a big dent in her perfect picture family she was trying to portray..and still is. JMO
That video was the first thing that came to mind for me. I wonder if she gets the opportunity to view these videos. You would think she has read the transcript of that interview. Yes, Cindy said she didn't care where Casey was at, she still doesn't (meaning jail), she just wanted Caylee back.

KC can't look them in the eye for more than a second because she knows they know what she did. Before, they could all keep up the babysitter, missing child front but not anymore. Caylee being found just down the road, with her little blanket and the laundry bag that belongs in the garage with the other one, brought it all to light. They all know the truth and KC is too ashamed to look them in the eye.

She better come to terms with it because they will be the only ones there for her when this is all over with. She's lucky she still has their support and she's too stupid to realize that they're all she has left. It will make her look very bad at trial if she continues to give them the cold shoulder. What innocent person would do that? An innocent person would strive to see their face for just a little glimpse of reassurance and support. Why is she so stoic and hateful? I would be falling apart knowing that my daughter had been murdered and I was accused.

I gave this some thought. They don't like the cameras watching every tiny interaction. I've heard it said before that if George and Cindy and Lee want to communicate outside the spotlight, then they need to go through the courtroom. So what I figure has happened is that they've written letters (the packet of papers Jose tossed at Casey as she sat down) and Casey read them, and then she wrote her responses (the writing she's seen doing). At the end of the hearing, Jose snaps up the packet and off he goes to deliver the response to the Anthony's. That way she doesn't have to be uber examined for every little thing. And it further explains why he was so conscientious to mention that if the camera was going to be up front that they don't focus on what she's doing with the papers.

I thought that was against the law - it is here. Would he do that right in court? It would make sense, if it were allowed down there.

KC said on Day 31 in her interview with the detectives that her parents would never forgive her. So, now that she has all the attention from her big shot lawyers, she has just simply shut them out. She doesn't think she needs them anymore. She is totally focused on herself and what a star she is.

Because they have nothing to offer her now.
I agree. And I think also that she may be also trying to punish them in her way. It broke my heart to see GA crying yesterday. He always wears his Caylee button and I believe he is there in support of Caylee. I believe he is deeply grieving for Caylee.

I know this subject exists in another thread..but the discussion is somewhat buried in the middle of a long thread and I was hoping that it could be open to further discussion and deserving of a thread of it's own (?)

Has something specific happened that Casey will not even nod at her parents in the courtroom? At the hearing before this she did turn around and smile at them. This time...nothing. Is that not REALLY odd? Does it make you think something very SPECIFIC is at the heart of the non-eye contact-no-acknowledgement?

what is it?

Maybe JB forgot to tell her. Not tryin to be funny here. KC hasn't learned the Court "KC" yet. She has the Jail "KC" down pat now and she can now concentrate on the Court "KC". JB has to teach her what to do.

I was reading my Stephen King "BAG OF BONES" yesterday and read this, "He was smiling. Most people do that quite naturally. On Devore's face it looked like a learned skill."

I have thought this about KC for a long time. She does not have the ability to do the normal----she has to learn that from the people around her in any given situation. Look at her smile it looks like a "learned skill".

Anyway, that's what I got out of her not turning around yesterday.

KC probably blames them for ruining her life. Remember - her "whole life has been taken from her,"

I don't think she cares if they are there or not. She is totally dependent on Baez now, and that's all she is concentrating on. After watching him perform to date, good luck to her!

My belief is that it goes back to the grand jury indictment. I think KC blames George for testifying, and Cindy for not keeping him from testifying.

KC doesn't see it as her own fault she is in jail and in a hot mess because she murdered Caylee. She thinks she can and should get away with it, because her parents always let her get away with everything. I think in her mind, it was up to Cindy and George to somehow keep her from being indicted, despite any and all other evidence and testimony at the GJ. They failed her. She's pizzed. And she's not going to talk to them or 'be nice' to them until they get her out of this mess.

Note that this would also explain Cindy and George's behavior so far as their 'KC is innocent' campaign, which has, to me, remained otherwise inexplicable. This family is very enmeshed - they do not function as individuals, but as a melded single entity. They all have their roles within this entity, they all play their parts, so the group can function as a whole. There's no separating them. When I look at the behavior of one, I now always look at the behavior of all the others, and it's much easier for me to make some sense of what they're doing.

MOO

:clap::clap::clap:
OMG-------You are right on and I had to bring it forward. What insight you have.

I don't think she feels any shame. I keep thinking of the jailhouse conversation when KC tells CA they had the opportunity to get her out but didn't take it and CA follows up with they "don't have the means" to get her out. KC immediately says, "Give dad the phone, I don't want to get frustrated."

I think this is the epitome of their relationship-- You aren't doing for me so I"m moving along to someone else who'll do my bidding.

They aren't in any position right now to help her-her lawyers are so she's playing up to them. I think she's one sick individual.

Someone asked that very same question on one of the news shows last night and the answer is that she is not allowed to acknowledge them. She's not supposed to speak with them, look at them or try to touch them.

~Jai Yen

That is not true unless it a Florida statute. Of course they can't "touch" them, that is a risk of giving them a weapon. I have never seen it before anywhere else. It sounds as if someone is just making excuses for the killer mom.

I think they are just tickled pink that so many people are speculating and wondering what they are up to. The code talk was/is for our benefit. The cameo's and media interviews in the beginning are old hat. They are bona fide celebrities now (in their own minds) and loving the attention.

They are bona fide EVIL BEINGS to the general public now, and their arrogance is helping put her where she belongs.

I think she knows, that they know that she is guilty,and if she avoids them and doesn't accept any visits from them, she doesn't have to face their hurt. She also doesn't have to answer any of their questions. It broke my heart to see the hurt on their faces yesterday. She caused that hurt and doesn't even have the compassion to look at them. Makes you want to just slap her. In her own way(backwards),I think she is feeling some kind of shame.

Bingo.

I think she knows, that they know that she is guilty,and if she avoids them and doesn't accept any visits from them, she doesn't have to face their hurt. She also doesn't have to answer any of their questions. It broke my heart to see the hurt on their faces yesterday. She caused that hurt and doesn't even have the compassion to look at them. Makes you want to just slap her. In her own way(backwards),I think she is feeling some kind of shame.

precisely this, well worded

She doesnt look at them because shes a control freak and is trying to punish them because in KCs mind its all their fault, its all everyones fault but HERS according to her.

I'm sure they are writing letters to eachother and have perhaps discussed not showing emotion during hearings. Just my thoughts.

Don't think so, why would the parents and her decide on that - in what way could that inspire sympathy -people can see her ignoring them, that does not make her look good at all...

Because she doesn't have a shred of conscience or empathy for a soul is my guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back