Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm losing sleep, but not for the above last few posts! :)

gee, did I accidently hit the "findstacy.com" favorite instead?? :) They do have some nasty cat fasts over there.

This is way off the wall, but, has anyone heard since the earlier days when DP said that Stacy took a "deed" if a deed is filed somewhere and there is no way she could have taken a deed? I mean, if the house is not paid off, doesn't the bank hold the deed or the mortgage company??

Sweetie, Drew is awfully fond of defaming people himself. Now, here's how it works. Drew will have to bring a lawsuit for defamation in which he will have the burden of proving he has been defamed. Or that he is a victim of libel. Now, if he's brought up on charges, that's going to be awfully hard to prove, isn't it? If he's convicted, his case is nonexistent.

I am not losing sleep over a man who has defamed his missing wife, his dead ex-wife, his sister-in-law, his ex-friend, his ex-fiance, his other ex-wife, his step-brother, a pastor...shall I go on?

Truth (legally speaking) is a perfect defense. Drew being convicted of murder would moot a lawsuit based on same having been said online prior to a conviction.

You are free to say whatever is on your mind. Other truths are that it is a crime to say some things while saying other things are actionable torts.

The seemingly fearless law students were advised of the wisdom in reigning their posts in. Now, as a result of that referenced law suit, law careers have already been lost or seriously damaged, and some libel attorneys are making a lot of money. Unfortunately, it seems like most people need to learn for themselves that a stove can get very hot.

Wudge, why don't you start your own thread about that subject if it interests you so much? Seems off-topic here on the Stacy Peterson thread.

I'm losing sleep, but not for the above last few posts! :)

gee, did I accidently hit the "findstacy.com" favorite instead?? :) They do have some nasty cat fasts over there.

This is way off the wall, but, has anyone heard since the earlier days when DP said that Stacy took a "deed" if a deed is filed somewhere and there is no way she could have taken a deed? I mean, if the house is not paid off, doesn't the bank hold the deed or the mortgage company??

Where I live, everyone has a deed to their property whether it's paid off or not. A mortgage lien would be filed at the courthouse. Once the mortgage is paid, the lien would be removed. But, they should have had a deed at the house (or in a safe deposit box). Their house was lien free until Drew took the equity out via the line of credit which he then apparently funneled to Steve.

I, for one would be more than happy for Wudge to start that thread.

I keep posting (what I believe are good questions/thoughts) only, to have everyone including Wudge, talk about tort, lawsuits, etc.

But it definately says at the top of my screen "Stacy Ann Peterson, Bollingrook IL #12).

I was thinking that Stacy supposedly had said she was going to see an attorney the next day (Monday). She must have felt very scared since the day she made that decision and most assuredly on Sunday, the day before.

She was also planning, in her own mind. Could she have left something somewhere, that maybe Cass, or someone close to her might figure out if they thought about it? I mean, if she thought her life was in danger ,(which it was), some sign or significant item that could mean only that someone in her house had something to do with her disappearance?

hmmmm maybe old DrewP isn't pretty enough for anyone to want to think he's innocent :)

Seriously tho, when you combine everything we've heard about Kathleen and then add to that Stacy now missing when she started to move towards her independence, what else could we all think but guilty!

VB
Agreed. It seems that some people want to equate a discussion forum such as with the standards of guilt required for a criminal trial: guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That's not what this is. It's a discussion to throw ideas out about what we do know or think we know about a case. I think most posters here are reasonable in what they put forth; I don't view it as an unreasonable witch hunt. If it were like that, I wouldn't bother to read or post. To try to post legalistic mumbo jumbo is ridiculous in my opinion. In this case - just like the Laci Peterson case - it's hard to come to any other conclusion than the husband did it.

I heard her talking about this last night and saying that's what happened with OJ ~ they arrested and charged him before the DA was ready and he wanted a speedy trial. I think with DP they really should make sure they could get a conviction for both Kathleen & Stacy's death.

I watched Greta last night too, and I hope the DA waits until he's got enough evidence to ensure a conviction and a life sentence.

I, for one would be more than happy for Wudge to start that thread.

I keep posting (what I believe are good questions/thoughts) only, to have everyone including Wudge, talk about tort, lawsuits, etc.

But it definately says at the top of my screen "Stacy Ann Peterson, Bollingrook IL #12).

I was thinking that Stacy supposedly had said she was going to see an attorney the next day (Monday). She must have felt very scared since the day she made that decision and most assuredly on Sunday, the day before.

She was also planning, in her own mind. Could she have left something somewhere, that maybe Cass, or someone close to her might figure out if they thought about it? I mean, if she thought her life was in danger ,(which it was), some sign or significant item that could mean only that someone in her house had something to do with her disappearance?

Personally, I think that during their argument (that the son told about), Stacy let it be known that she was seeing a divorce attorney on Monday. I think that's why Drew acted when he did. It may even had been the precipitating factor for the argument. I think if Stacy left anything behind in the house that Drew would have found it by now. The only thing I've heard Cassandra say is that she was scared for her life. The preacher said Stacy confided that Drew murdered Kathleen. Beyond that, I don't know of anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't confided something to the neighbor - who isn't really talking (can you blame her?). You know, sometimes when girls are from the kind of difficult background that Stacy was from, they keep their feelings to themselves.....it feels normal. She dealt with an awfully lot of heartache up to the point where she began seeing Drew....at 16. She may have kept so much to herself.

Reviewing torts/libel/defamation would be prudent.

Wudge,
To give one's opinion is not libel if it's simply an opinion.

libel-
1. n. to publish in print, writing or broadcast
2. n. broadcast or written publication of a false statement

SeriouslySearching did neither.

Wudge,
At the beginning of all missing women's cases we discuss here at WS, maybe you could write a little comment to be used as a sticky.....something like:
the husband didn't do it would suffice nicely, followed by your name of course.:cool:

I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't confided something to the neighbor - who isn't really talking (can you blame her?). You know, sometimes when girls are from the kind of difficult background that Stacy was from, they keep their feelings to themselves
Early in the case this was posted in the media.

And at least one of Stacy Peterson's friends is stepping forward, saying Stacy Peterson was trying to leave her husband.

"She felt trapped. I talked to her a month ago, and she wanted out of the marriage, and she feared for her life, she feared for the children," said Sherrie Mills.
Thursday, November 01, 2007
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=l...&id=5737534

You would think that libel attorneys would have their hands FULL with reports from National Enquirer and other national media heads instead of worrying about some armchair sleuths on the internet, wouldn't you?! The money to be made off some of those statements and articles would certainly be more worthy of their attempts to gouge people instead of going after pennies. I guess they feel perhaps going after John Q. Public online one dime at a time would be more lucrative since the chance of winning without this group being able to hire a team of high priced attorneys is simply like shooting ducks in a barrel.

Where I live, everyone has a deed to their property whether it's paid off or not. A mortgage lien would be filed at the courthouse. Once the mortgage is paid, the lien would be removed. But, they should have had a deed at the house (or in a safe deposit box). Their house was lien free until Drew took the equity out via the line of credit which he then apparently funneled to Steve.

From what I understand, that's not the way it is here in Illinois. The bank holds the deed until the house is paid off. Then the deed is sent to the owner.

DP's house was paid off. He recently obtained a home equity line of credit on it, which would mean he PROBABLY had to take the deed to whichever bank supplied the equity line as collateral for the loan. They would then hold the deed.

So if this really is the case, then it BLOWS DP's story that Stacy "took" the deed of the house with her right out of the water!

I believe this is how it works. I'm not 100% sure on it though. (We still have 30 more years on our mortgage... LOL)

From what I understand, that's not the way it is here in Illinois. The bank holds the deed until the house is paid off. Then the deed is sent to the owner.

DP's house was paid off. He recently obtained a home equity line of credit on it, which would mean he PROBABLY had to take the deed to whichever bank supplied the equity line as collateral for the loan. They would then hold the deed.

So if this really is the case, then it BLOWS DP's story that Stacy "took" the deed of the house with her right out of the water!

I believe this is how it works. I'm not 100% sure on it though. (We still have 30 more years on our mortgage... LOL)

That is my understanding of how it would work as well.

Drew Peterson's new outbursts

Dec. 18: Drew Peterson publicly slams his dead third wife's family as his investigators supposedly try to find his missing fourth wife alive. Dan Abrams speaks with investigator Paul Ciolino, legal analyst Susan Filan and attorney Joe Tacopina.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/#22319217

From that video:
Drew or his representatives have reached out to Joe Tacopina, but he doesn't want anything to do with him because he doesn't think Drew can be controlled from what he's seen. LOL

i keep checking this forum to see a new thread titled "DP has been arrested"....i see there's nothing new, to speak of, ugh....

Is there anyone that Drew and Brodsky haven't slammed yet? Seriously! I can't think of one person involved in the case other than Steve C. and his children that they haven't attacked.

Thanks for explaining that ~ I wouldn't know either since we're also paying off a 30 yr. mortgage. What I wasn't sure of is if he had lost the deed (like he says Stacy took it) if a duplicate one could be issued by the County Recorders office or Title company.

i keep checking this forum to see a new thread titled "DP has been arrested"....i see there's nothing new, to speak of, ugh....
Maybe after Christmas! Even though its very possible he killed Kathleen and Stacy, I'd hate to have to try to explain to the young children that their dad's in jail for killing their mom, at Christmas. It's bad enough that their mom isn't around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500