State v Bradley Cooper - March 22, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The discussion about the practice of removing shoes when going into the house baffles me. Brad and Nancy grew up in Canada, where people enjoy the full four seasons. It's snowy, slushy, wet, muddy, dry, hot, rainy and so on, so of course people removes their wet, snowy, muddy shoes when they go into the house. If it was a habit to remove shoes in the house until they were 30-something, I think that habit would stick throughout their lives.

My daughter grew up in a house where we did not remove our shoes when we came in the door. She is now married and her husband likes shoes removed when they come in the door. It was working for awhile but I think they are getting out of that habit now that they have young children.

My daughter grew up in a house where we did not remove our shoes when we came in the door. She is now married and her husband likes shoes removed when they come in the door. It was working for awhile but I think they are getting out of that habit now that they have young children.

Maybe its just a Canuk thing, but most people who live in detached homes have an entrance (usually a side entrance) that goes thru or by what we call a "Mud Room"..usually near the laundry room..and yess..shoes come off and stocking feet, or slippers are worn inside the house...LOL we even have a scratcher or somethings to clean off shoes just outside that door too ( for snow, or mud)..Seeing the hardwood in their house, tells me shoes usually we NOT worn in that house..JMOO of course..

I'm beginning to think I'm the jinx. Maybe if I quit listening something big will happen. Seems to happen to me a lot. I'll try to take a break this afternoon and not tune in and hopefully something with a little more pep will come up. :crazy:

P.S. I will sacrifice this for the rest of you and your sanity! LOL!

Very sweet offer, but I have serious doubts that your absence will make any difference. I usually jinx the ball teams I'm pulling for, if I don't watch they always win. So I know what you mean.
I think what we need is for Cummings to take a break. Apparently he has a good track record since he appears to be the senior ADA in this trial. I noticed yesterday as he walked around the table, to and from the various witnesses, he walked as if he was in pain. Maybe he's not on his game due to a health issue?

< calling Marsha Clark to the bullpen, Marsha Clark, pick up the white courtesy phone >

*note: even though the pros. lost the O.J. case, I personally thought she herself was brilliant! Chris Darden...not so much.

< calling Marsha Clark to the bullpen, Marsha Clark, pick up the white courtesy phone >

*note: even though the pros. lost the O.J. case, I personally thought she herself was brilliant! Chris Darden...not so much.

Or better yet..Alan Jackson..please pick up !!!!..(Spector Case)

Everyone keeps saying that. This has to be the worst direct examination of someone ever. He keeps asking if they examined something...yes we did and we found nothing. Did you examine the shopvac? No. Did you seize it? No. Did you find anything on the rug? No. What is the freaking point of the last 30 minutes?

The defense has said in opening that the LEOs ignored evidence, or did not collect or examine a lot of evidence. Some of this, IMO, is to show that they did.

And patience we must have -- so far we have seen GT 200 evidence items admitted. Some we'll probably never hear about again, and some of it may hang 'im/exonerate 'im. Let's just wait & see. (But the shop vac does bother me. A lot. -- Maybe LEOs have found inthe past that it's a waste of time?
icon5.gif
)

I realize they're setting the foundation for further experts, but I have a feeling the jury is being put to sleep by the tone of Cummings + the slow tone of the CCBI guy. The 2 together are a yawn-fest.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt this way. They are certainly a bad combination for moving things along.

It seems to me, Brad laundered almost every piece of clothing in the house between the time Nancy disappeared and this search took place. Clothes on the masterbed, in the hallways, over the dining room chairs, hanging on the bannister, etc. He was one busy boy. :(

Wel-l-l-lll, friends & neighbors, BC just wanted to make things nice & clean for when NC returned. Yeppers, that's got to be it...:loser:The good husband....

Wel-l-l-lll, friends & neighbors, BC just wanted to make things nice & clean for when NC returned. Yeppers, that's got to be it...:loser:The good husband....

And he covered up her bed so she would have to come sleep with him when she got home? (please make note of sarcasm injected in comment)

We need action like this:

[video=youtube;1q7mjoxHzm4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q7mjoxHzm4&feature=related[/video]

Very sweet offer, but I have serious doubts that your absence will make any difference. I usually jinx the ball teams I'm pulling for, if I don't watch they always win. So I know what you mean.
I think what we need is for Cummings to take a break. Apparently he has a good track record since he appears to be the senior ADA in this trial. I noticed yesterday as he walked around the table, to and from the various witnesses, he walked as if he was in pain. Maybe he's not on his game due to a health issue?

My thoughts exactly from yesterday -- watching him move about slowly and almost achingly. And I agree that he didn't attain senior status for just lookin' good. But he's done this a while, and maybe slow might be good for the jury -- probably many in this jury were picked because of what they did not already know or had heard about this case, so he wants to take them with him slo-o-o-o-wly for good reason...
icon5.gif
Hope so....

Hopefully Cummings will wrap up soon! My problem with him is that he could have very good evidence, but his demeanor is droning and there are too many long pauses. He really does come across as being unprepared.

I really like Amy and Zellerman. I am sure Cummings is an excellent ADA, but he just needs to be there in a supportive position. If he is having health problems (that little thing he does with his mouth), then he could just be in an advisory position.

Sorry to go on like this, but he is driving me to distraction!

MOO's

Does it look like WRAL didn't even bother to put up an article about this mornings session or am I just missing it?

Just to point out somethings about the state of the living area of that house..which leads me to believe a few things....It is obvious that Brad does NOT do cleaning, and any cooking..That video indicating that clothing, and other such things were strewen throught that house, boxes were open, with things hanging out of them..YET...floors seemed to be clean...and the all sinks, tubs, were all clean...no dishes other than a few plastic cups on a table noted..knife on kitchen counter ( likely for pizza)..I tend to think No cooking was done since Nancy left....I tend to think Nancy was a clean person..and do doubt she lived in that house all cluttered up like that!! Those kids ..I just wonder what they experienced during those 4 days :maddening:

Wasn't CPD aware at the time of evidence collection that Brad said he vacuumed his car--with the shop vac--because he spilled gas? I know Brad said he vacummed it prior to Nancy leaving on her vacation, but IIRC, didn't the condition of his car, i.e. the fact that the truck was vacuumed but the interior of the car was not, peak CPD's interest? Haven't we already heard some brief testimony about the vacuumed trunk/not vacuumed car (no gas odor, etc...)? If they were suspicious of this finding, I can't imagine why they didn't analyze the shop vac. I think that was an "opps" moment. Yes, no, maybe so?

The defense has said in opening that the LEOs ignored evidence, or did not collect or examine a lot of evidence. Some of this, IMO, is to show that they did.

And patience we must have -- so far we have seen GT 200 evidence items admitted. Some we'll probably never hear about again, and some of it may hang 'im/exonerate 'im. Let's just wait & see. (But the shop vac does bother me. A lot. -- Maybe LEOs have found inthe past that it's a waste of time?
icon5.gif
)

So because they did a thorough examination of the Cooper house invalidates the defense claims? You think they were looking for something that would implicate anyone other than BC in this house? I think it actually validates what the defense said. They did a thorough investigation of BC, but not much investigation of things that would lead to someone else.

Wasn't CPD aware at the time of evidence collection that Brad said he vacuumed his car--with the shop vac--because he spilled gas? I know Brad said he vacummed it prior to Nancy leaving on her vacation, but IIRC, didn't the condition of his car, i.e. the fact that the truck was vacuumed but the interior of the car was not, peak CPD's interest? Haven't we already heard some brief testimony about the vacuumed trunk/not vacuumed car (no gas odor, etc...)? If they were suspicious of this finding, I can't imagine why they didn't analyze the shop vac. I think that was an "opps" moment. Yes, no, maybe so?

I think it was a big oops!! amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members