Stephen King Mistaken For Book Vandal.

Ill be your BFF..whatever that is..:blowkiss: ......does it mean Best Friend Forever.:woohoo:

I should have some snappy alternative meaning, but it's late.

That's exactly what it means. We Americans are too busy now to pronounce entire syllables. We just speak in initials. (Except when we talk to Aussies. Then we taaaaallllkkkkkkk rrrrreeeeeaaaalllllll sssssssssslllllllllloooooooooowwwwww. Out of necessity.)

OMG Nova and dingo, I am p*ssing myself laughing...
you two are an absolute crack up. What a team!!! :D

Nova = George Burns
Dingo = Gracie Allen

Don't Aussie lasses smoke cigars? I mean when they're not shaving their faces or standing up to pee, of course.

Dingo'll have to be George.

We dont smoke cigars Nova.....we smoke rollies.....but the rest is spot on.
I dont want to be George either:D

Don't Aussie lasses smoke cigars? I mean when they're not shaving their faces or standing up to pee, of course.

Dingo'll have to be George.

Well my first thought was Abbott and Costello :slap:

We dont smoke cigars Nova.....we smoke rollies.....but the rest is spot on.
I dont want to be George either:D

Hey speak for yourself Dingo...
I have been known to enjoy a cigar or two :angel:

A cigar and a good port is nice I hear....I dont smoke anything anymore.

I should have some snappy alternative meaning, but it's late.

That's exactly what it means. We Americans are too busy now to pronounce entire syllables. We just speak in initials. (Except when we talk to Aussies. Then we taaaaallllkkkkkkk rrrrreeeeeaaaalllllll sssssssssslllllllllloooooooooowwwwww. Out of necessity.)
And we still dont understand you:waitasec:

World famous author Stephen King was mistaken for a vandal at an Alice Springs book store yesterday.
The horror master stunned customers when he started writing in copies of his new book.
When store manager realized who King was she chased him into a near by supermarket.....
Just another day in OZ.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=286747

Oh, for pete's sake! His picture is plastered on every book cover! If I was Stephen, I'd be upset and dismayed that nobody recognized me!

It's a neat thing for him to do.

Ive read all of Stephens books and I class myself as a fan,but I dont think Id expect to see him in an Alice Springs bookstore....if the bookstore was in America it would be a different story.

World famous author Stephen King was mistaken for a vandal at an Alice Springs book store yesterday.
The horror master stunned customers when he started writing in copies of his new book.
When store manager realized who King was she chased him into a near by supermarket.....
Just another day in OZ.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=286747
Oh my very dear Dingo.:blowkiss:
At least he was not mistaken for an inmate. I had an inmate in my unit by that name.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

We have a Methodist minister in our town by that name. How's that for ironic? :bang:

I got a good laugh off of that... he is very recognizable, there is no getting past those eyes and eyebrows. LoL

I found it funny that his son writes under a nom de plume that is basicly his first name and middle name, so as not to get recognized as King's son. But if you look at the book jackets, he looks just like his dad. LoL

I have to admit, even if he knocked on my front door, I wouldn't have a clue who he was. If he said his name I'd be all.. yeah right! haha

I'd know him if I saw him, I've been a huge fan since I was 12 or 13!

This is a great thread! Some of the best laughs I've had in a while :-D

I got a good laugh off of that... he is very recognizable, there is no getting past those eyes and eyebrows. LoL

I found it funny that his son writes under a nom de plume that is basicly his first name and middle name, so as not to get recognized as King's son. But if you look at the book jackets, he looks just like his dad. LoL
I think its because of where the bookshop was ......Alice Springs is in the middle of nowhere in the outback of Australia...proberly not a place you,d expect Kingy to pop up at....heres a thought...I wonder if he was doing research for a new book.......I love SK and it would be great if he was doing an Aussie based horror story...he would find a lot of material to work with way out there.

Hi hilmamajen..Ive read 99% of his books too and he always had me on edge, but he dissappointed me with The Cell...did you read that one?

Oh my very dear Dingo.:blowkiss:
At least he was not mistaken for an inmate. I had an inmate in my unit by that name.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows
Ill bet your inmate wished he could swap places with this Mr King:D

I'll echo that Hipmoma. Funny stuff over here. I am not an ummmm, literary partaker unless National Enquirer counts, but I'd know that dude anywhere. Just from things like "The Stand" and all. Elphaba, is his son a good writier?

Id like to know Too Filly......does he write like his dad?

I'll echo that Hipmoma. Funny stuff over here. I am not an ummmm, literary partaker unless National Enquirer counts, but I'd know that dude anywhere. Just from things like "The Stand" and all. Elphaba, is his son a good writier?

I think he is... he doesn't write like his dad, but his delivery is top knotch... there is no denying he has the talent to write. Heart-shaped Box kept me pretty much glued to the book... and I just read that he scored a movie deal for it. Pretty impressive being as he is relatively new to the scene.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back