Steve Thomas

Nuisanceposter said:
Personally I thought that picture was very disrespectful of JonBenet on Patsy's part. I have to wonder who was there with her taking that picture as she displayed such dramatic grief, and was she doing that for the camera? Why would you allow someone to photograph you as you grieved at your daughter's grave unless you wanted people to see your grief? Mourning JonBenet at her final resting place should NOT be a photo op!

Further disrespectful to JonBenet was the fact that the Ramseys put her tombstone up in time for the one year anniversary of her death to avoid media censure, not out of desire to memorialize their daughter at her grave. They talk about it in DOI, pb, pgs 247-48. They asked for a rush job on the stone because they didn't want to be shamed publicly for failing to have done so already.

I am not here to earn respect for Patsy - just to educate people about Patsy.

This photo was indeed snapped by a newspaper photographer - all approved of by Patsy. So if it is good enough for Patsy, it should be for her supporters.

southcitymom said:
I don't know the first thing about Steve Thomas other than the few things I've read on this short thread, so I have no opinion on Steve Thomas. I am still of the opinion that if a thread is titled Steve Thomas, it is open for comments regarding Steve Thomas, whether or not those comments respond to a former post or not. I see no need to get rude with a poster whose on-topic post happens to offer a different opinion than the opinion you hold.

You are entitled to see it that way. It was not general discussion about Steve question in my eyes - it was about his response to the current hoax. Sorry to have offended you and a couple of others.

I am not here to earn respect for Patsy - just to educate people about Patsy.

This photo was indeed snapped by a newspaper photographer - all approved of by Patsy. So if it is good enough for Patsy, it should be for her supporters.

Actually, the photo is at the heart of the case...she's either a grieving mother or hamming for the cameras or acting out the crime....it's all in the interpretation.

Most of us here agree that she looks like she's faking grief.

RiverRat said:
You are entitled to see it that way. It was not general discussion about Steve question in my eyes - it was about his response to the current hoax. Sorry to have offended you and a couple of others.
No harm taken! I appreciate your posts and you and I seem to be in agreement that JBR's murder was an inside job.

Nuisanceposter said:
Like what the Ramseys did with the JonBenet Ramsey Foundation? Please take the time to read this:

http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenet-foundations.htm

Thank you for the link but I am confused as to how Steve's book being /not being about profit has anything to do with the seperate issue of the Ramsey's foundation? Even if the R's totally dropped the ball on the foundation it would not mitigate Steve profitting from his book for the sole point of profit.

I tend to believe Patsy fighting cancer may have had a little to do with her inability to keep aprised of the foundations goings on. I would be more likely to question the board of directors as they are the ones who would be in charge of the day to day aspect of things.

I am not Steve Thomas fan .. I think it is possible that his book IN PART was written to tell HIS version of the truth. I also think it was written for profit.
It was not completely written just because he is such a great guy.
He was a disgruntled ex employee and he was mad that his one and only single sightedness towards Patsy'e guilt was not shared by all.

I would like to also point out that in the above linked depostition he is a blatent liar. If any one believed he had no idea where his box of case related reports where at that time or the anonymous pages he recieved after leaving the case??
Then I have a lovely bridge to sell you in NYC.
EIther he was lying or his lawyer was incompetent. Any first year student of law would have advised that he locate anything relevant to the civil case if only for their own review.
SO his little word game about not knowing where the box is is just BS.
Maybe he did not KNOW the boxes exact location in his lawyers office?
But that is not answering the question in the clear spirit it was given.

I have very high hopes that he was horrible enough to keep documentation and validation of what could have easily be tampered with after he was gone.

Considering the political corruption he was witnessing helps ease the horror of his lie. At least to me.

Amraann said:
If his book was not about profits then he would have donated the proceeds to some worthy cause.
Lets not be deluded into believing it was completely altruistic.
Well let's see, he was unemployed, what the hey was he supposed to live on?

Writing a book of this depth and magnitude took a great deal of time and work. I have zero problem with him getting a paycheque for his efforts.

And unless we have access to his personal financial records, I guess we probably don't know which worthy causes he does or does not contribute to, do we?

imho

He was empoyed...... link http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/09212001Depo-SteveThomas.htm

20 A. I'm sure we have those somewhere.
21 Q. Okay. Do you have any other --

22 do you engage in any other present activities

23 for compensation in terms of trying to earn

24 money, other than your business as a

25 carpenter?

1 A. Occasionally I'm asked to speak.

2 Q. Speak in what capacity?

3 A. Occasionally I'm asked to speak to

4 different groups, law enforcement primarily.

5 Q. Do you solicit invitations to

6 speak from organizations?

7 A. Recently we have in conjunction

8 with some defense fund raising.

9 Q. When you say "we have" who is we?

10 A. People who are helping me with

11 that legal defense fund raising.

12 Q. Who is "we" then, please, by name?

13 A. Sherill W.( I erased last name )

Well, correct me if I am wrong, but, imo, he did not resign from the police force and the next day start collecting a paycheque as a carpenter.

also, imo, he probably was self-employed, so earned only when he found carpentry work.

The hours spent writing his book were hours not spent doing paid carpentry work.

So why should he pass up on a paycheque?

His life was already turned upside down by this case. Should he go broke too?

imo

dottierainbow said:
My only reply is he was working. Carpentry and speaking engagements.I wonder what he was speaking about. Anyone know?
Amy

Larry King Live ring a bell?

Oh, that's right.....

Okay, let's try this one.......this year he was in Pensacola, Florida with Marc Klass and Mark Lunsford to help educate the public on child protection.

Oops.....there I go again, that was Volunteer work as well.

Never mind.
:angel:

sandraladeda said:
Well let's see, he was unemployed, what the hey was he supposed to live on?

Writing a book of this depth and magnitude took a great deal of time and work. I have zero problem with him getting a paycheque for his efforts.

And unless we have access to his personal financial records, I guess we probably don't know which worthy causes he does or does not contribute to, do we?

imho
I was not judging why he wrote the book. I was dispelling the misleading statements on this thread that would lead people to presume his purpose was totally altruistic and had nothing to do with profits.
I posed evidence that contradicts those statements.

STEVE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blowkiss:

SuperDave said:
Most of us here agree that she looks like she's faking grief.

it just looks so phony, imo....let's get a photographer to come out so i can 'grieve' or whatever it is she's doing, for the camera....i kinda grimace everytime i see it...

I'll bet that Stever Thomas is just kicking back, watching this ridiculous sideshow and waiting for the truth to come to light: that this Karr guy has nothing to do with the murder of Jonbenet, and was nowhere near the state of Colorado at the time that it happened.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back