Sunday, 6/9/2013 Radio Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now I'm thinking (always!) about Dylan--who doesn't seem to have his own voice ... he is just "DISTANT ". "Distant" is NOT a FEELING, (imo) that is some random, generic term. Is he angry?....scared?.....resigned?.... And if he is feeling any of these things, was he completely quiet?? Because I highly doubt it - - I think he would be more likely to tell his father exactly what he was thinking/feeling. And I am afraid this was a sign of DISRESPECT in his father's book, Purely MO

Does anyone remember if Dylan's flight was on time or late arriving?

It was late right? He alludes to this again in the Tricia interview...where Tricia is asking whether this might be a source of conflict.... would like to hear your thoughts on this...!

These are the text messages DR was exchanging with Ryan...Notice Ryan's last message at 9:27 P.M. This is according to Durango Herald http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687

Ryan Nava: (time 6:43 p.m. Nov. 18) Im in pagosa coming

Dylan Redwine: Cant come srry ill hang tommarow

Ryan: Ok

Ryan: (time 7:09 p.m. Nov. 18) Why

Dylan: idk

Ryan: (time 7:45 p.m. Nov. 18) Did your dad say no

Dylan: (time 8:01 p.m. Nov. 18) yea

Ryan: Oh ok

Dylan: can I come over early lkke 6 30 early tomarrow

Ryan: Yeah

Dylan: you better let me in

Ryan: I will

Ryan: im gonna be at my gmas

Dylan: i call (you) all day if you dont

Dylan: will you gma care or be up

Ryan: Just come around to were the sliding door is were that room is and knock on it and i will wake up

Ryan: (Time 9:27 p.m. Nov. 18) Call me when you get here too

Ryan: (Tme: 6:46 a.m. Nov. 19) Where are you

Ryan: (Time: 10 a.m. Nov. 19) Come to nandos.

Ryan: (time: 4:12 p.m. Nov. 19) Dude your dads looking for ou

Ryan: you

Ryan: (Time: 7:59 p.m. Nov. 19) Are you alright dude?

Ryan: Dude you need to call somebody anybody asap we all worried about you your mom called and shes worried bro

Ryan: Seriously when you get the message call someone

Evidently Mark made it clear that Dylan wouldn't be going to Ryan's on Sunday evening. Can't decide on DR's tone in the texts. Typical 13-year-old male brevity? Embarrassed? Angry??

This is the only time I've "heard" his voice also. Ryan's texts on Monday are poignant.

Dylan Redwine: Cant come srry ill hang tommaro
====================================================================
So he’s busy texting his friends um…making arrangements, because obviously we weren’t conversing with each other and you know one of the things he had asked me was could he go to his friends house. Well, it’s Sunday night, you know it’s 7:30 8:00 by that time. I personally don’t feel like it’s appropriate to spend time at your friend’s house given the fact that it’s Sunday night and it’s getting later in the evening, and so I told him that I didn’t think that that was necessary.
================================================

I noticed a discrepancy here in Marks timeline. He says they did not discuss Dylan going to the friends until 7:30 or 8, and by then it was getting too late.

But Dylan texted Ryan at 6:43 pm, telling him he couldn't come because his dad said NO.

So that is a big discrepancy.

From the text log we can see that they began discussing Dylan going to his friends almost IMMEDIATELY upon being picked up. But Mark is saying that wasn't discussed until 7:30 or 8, and that was right before they arrived home/

From looking at the map it is obvious that D would not have waited that long to bring it up.

Why would it matter that Sunday night? There was no school the next day!

It was late right? He alludes to this again in the Tricia interview...where Tricia is asking whether this might be a source of conflict.... would like to hear your thoughts on this...!

I keep trying to respond to most of the posts in here and then find myself deleting. The information I am reading tonight (not just your post!) is not jiving with my notes, etc. There's too many contradictions in what's out there that I have to think about it more before I respond in order to prevent making it more confusing. I will sleep on it and perhaps tomorrow it will all work itself out.

I need to look into information about the flight arrival information before I go any further. I want to have all my ducks in a row before I put it out there.

IIRC Dylan originally was supposed to arrive on Saturday. But I don't remember if his flight on Sunday arrived on time.

Why would it matter that Sunday night? There was no school the next day!

Exactly!
Furthermore, Dylan knew at 6:43 p.m. that he was NOT allowed to visit his friends (based on the text messages w/ Ryan). At 6:43 p.m., Dylan was probably either ON his way to Wal-Mart or was AT Wal-Mart, based on the LE statement that DR was seen on video at Wal-Mart at 7:05. So Dylan knew BEFORE that Wal-Mart video shot because he had told Ryan he couldn't come. He may have been "distant" or "something bothering him" because he wanted to spend time with his friends rather than watch a movie(s) with his dad.

However, there are two statements that indicate something somewhat differently:

Dylan had asked his father whether he could go to his friends' that evening after they had shopped at Walmart and eaten at a McDonald's in Durango and before the 45-minute drive to Mark's home north of Vallecito Lake. Mark said he told his son it was too late. So Dylan texted friends in Bayfield, his father said, and made arrangements to meet them the next morning." (Link available on request - on an ipad)

(They were seen at McDonald's at 7:22 p.m. and left at 7:30 p.m. per MR)

AND

TRICIA's RADIO SHOW
60:35
MR:
Well, I think it’s important to understand that the drive between Durango and the drive to the area in which I live is about a 45 minute ride, and the majority of that time we don’t have cell phone coverage, so it’s very difficult, if possible at all, to have any kind of cell phone communication. Now obviously we were eating our dinner that we had purchased at McDonalds for a portion of that particular ride, but it wasn’t until we got to the lake area that Dylan was able to start communicating with his friends via the texting. So he’s busy texting his friends um…making arrangements, because obviously we weren’t conversing with each other and you know one of the things he had asked me was could he go to his friends house. Well, it’s Sunday night, you know it’s 7:30 8:00 by that time. I personally don’t feel like it’s appropriate to spend time at your friend’s house given the fact that it’s Sunday night and it’s getting later in the evening, and so I told him that I didn’t think that that was necessary. So, I’m assuming, based on the things that have come out, that the conversation with Dylan and his friends had everything to do with Dylan making plans to be able to get with his friends as early as possible the next day

(In the above, MR states the 7:30-8:00 time which coincides with the Tricia Radio Show statement -- both of which would appear to be after they had left McDonald's/on the ride home, yet DR knew quite early that dad said, NO - at 6:43 p.m. - probably on the way to Wal-Mart or while at Wal-Mart. This could also be why Dylan sent a message to his mom at 7:06 p.m. with a FROWN face - as he was disappointed his dad said, NO!). JMOOOOOOOOOOO

IIRC Dylan originally was supposed to arrive on Saturday. But I don't remember if his flight on Sunday arrived on time.

That's what I have to try to find out. Was his Sunday flight delayed, what time was it originally scheduled to arrive and what was the actual arrival time. That can wait until tomorrow, though...

So he’s busy texting his friends um…making arrangements, because obviously we weren’t conversing with each other and you know one of the things he had asked me was could he go to his friends house. Well, it’s Sunday night, you know it’s 7:30 8:00 by that time. I personally don’t feel like it’s appropriate to spend time at your friend’s house given the fact that it’s Sunday night and it’s getting later in the evening, and so I told him that I didn’t think that that was necessary.

I noticed a discrepancy here in Marks timeline. He says they did not discuss Dylan going to the friends until 7:30 or 8, and by then it was getting too late.

But Dylan texted Ryan at 6:43 pm, telling him he couldn't come because his dad said NO.

From the text log we can see that they began discussing Dylan going to his friends almost IMMEDIATELY upon being picked up. But Mark is saying that wasn't discussed until 7:30 or 8, and that was right before they arrived home/

From looking at the map it is obvious that D would not have waited that long to bring it up.

GET OUTTA MY HEAD! :seeya:
(Sorry I posted almost the same thing - was taking me awhile to pull it together - brain fog and all... past my bedtime)

I keep trying to respond to most of the posts in here and then find myself deleting. The information I am reading tonight (not just your post!) is not jiving with my notes, etc. There's too many contradictions in what's out there that I have to think about it more before I respond in order to prevent making it more confusing. I will sleep on it and perhaps tomorrow it will all work itself out.

I need to look into information about the flight arrival information before I go any further. I want to have all my ducks in a row before I put it out there.

This is what I'm seeing in your transcript:

TG:
With the plane being late. When you say there was issues.

57:06
MR:
Well………his light was…. his flight was about an hour late getting in, and as far as I know, there was some delay in the departure from the Colorado Springs area, and knowing what I went through in his previous flight where he actually went to Denver first and made a transfer to a flight to uh...Durango, I specifically made arrangements so that we could eliminate that…that flight out of Denver and make it so that he had a direct flight from Colorado Springs to Durango.

(Sorry I posted almost the same thing - was taking me awhile to pull it together - brain fog and all... past my bedtime)

But you said it better than I did, with extra documentation.

It is interesting though, that he pads much of his timeline, with an extra hour or two.

Thanks Katy! This account was bugging me, but I couldn't quite lay a finger on why......but exactly! The weird part is that this entire part of Mark's dialogue was thrown in when all Tricia asked was "Okay, and uh… so you go home, and you’re watching movies. What else are you doing?

Like, for some reason he felt it was important to backtrack to this portion of the evening...

So here is my prediction, for his next appearance/interview:

Imo, he will make up a 'hybrid' revised version, as he does quite often, lately. And he will say that D did text that at 6:45, but they did not really discuss it until 7:45 or so.

He is very good at backtracking and trying to iron out his discrepancies.

Exactly!
Furthermore, Dylan knew at 6:43 p.m. that he was NOT allowed to visit his friends (based on the text messages w/ Ryan). At 6:43 p.m., Dylan was probably either ON his way to Wal-Mart or was AT Wal-Mart, based on the LE statement that DR was seen on video at Wal-Mart at 7:05. So Dylan knew BEFORE that Wal-Mart video shot because he had told Ryan he couldn't come. He may have been "distant" or "something bothering him" because he wanted to spend time with his friends rather than watch a movie(s) with his dad.

However, there are two statements that indicate something somewhat differently:

Dylan had asked his father whether he could go to his friends' that evening after they had shopped at Walmart and eaten at a McDonald's in Durango and before the 45-minute drive to Mark's home north of Vallecito Lake. Mark said he told his son it was too late. So Dylan texted friends in Bayfield, his father said, and made arrangements to meet them the next morning." (Link available on request - on an ipad)

(They were seen at McDonald's at 7:22 p.m. and left at 7:30 p.m. per MR)

AND

TRICIA's RADIO SHOW
MR:
Well, I think it’s important to understand that the drive between Durango and the drive to the area in which I live is about a 45 minute ride, and the majority of that time we don’t have cell phone coverage, so it’s very difficult, if possible at all, to have any kind of cell phone communication. Now obviously we were eating our dinner that we had purchased at McDonalds for a portion of that particular ride, but it wasn’t until we got to the lake area that Dylan was able to start communicating with his friends via the texting. So he’s busy texting his friends um…making arrangements, because obviously we weren’t conversing with each other and you know one of the things he had asked me was could he go to his friends house. Well, it’s Sunday night, you know it’s 7:30 8:00 by that time. I personally don’t feel like it’s appropriate to spend time at your friend’s house given the fact that it’s Sunday night and it’s getting later in the evening, and so I told him that I didn’t think that that was necessary. So, I’m assuming, based on the things that have come out, that the conversation with Dylan and his friends had everything to do with Dylan making plans to be able to get with his friends as early as possible the next day

(In the above, MR states the 7:30-8:00 time which coincides with the Tricia Radio Show statement -- both of which would appear to be after they had left McDonald's/on the ride home, yet DR knew quite early that dad said, NO - at 6:43 p.m. - probably on the way to Wal-Mart or while at Wal-Mart. This could also be why Dylan sent a message to his mom at 7:06 p.m. with a FROWN face - as he was disappointed his dad said, NO!). JMOOOOOOOOOOO

AND, if Mark was "annoyed" the plane was late, he may have strongly informed Dylan that Sunday evening plans were not going to be made...That discussion may have put Dylan in a "funk." Just supposing...

AND, if Mark was "annoyed" the plane was late, he may have strongly informed Dylan that Sunday evening plans were not going to be made...That discussion may have put Dylan in a "funk." Just supposing...

And for some reason, Mark wants everyone to believe that Dylan did not even bring up the trip to his friend's house until 7:30 or 8 pm. WHY didn't he want people to know that they discussed that IMMEDIATELY upon his arrival?

He wanted people to believe that Dylan was walking way ahead because he was headed to the 'toy' aisle. :rolleyes:

Nada! You both clarified for me what I was not quite able to lay a finger on...it was nagging me what MR said about the ride home, and AGAIN how he made a point of the cell reception not being adequate until they were past the lake! But it is huge (imo) that the point he was trying to make was about the communication that Dylan was having with his friend about having to cancel meeting up that night, and rescheduling for the morning!

So here is my prediction, for his next appearance/interview:

Imo, he will make up a 'hybrid' revised version, as he does quite often, lately. And he will say that D did text that at 6:45, but they did not really discuss it until 7:45 or so.

He is very good at backtracking and trying to iron out his discrepancies.

Bring it on! I truly welcome a 7th edition. Actually, I think we need to be patient enough to allow us to get to version #13. For some strange reason, I think 13 is Dylan's lucky number. I think we'll get there before this all unfolds.

And for some reason, Mark wants everyone to believe that Dylan did not even bring up the trip to his friend's house until 7:30 or 8 pm. WHY didn't he want people to know that they discussed that IMMEDIATELY upon his arrival?

He wanted people to believe that Dylan was walking way ahead because he was headed to the 'toy' aisle. :rolleyes:

BBM
Actually, I want to know if LE can release any information about the WalMart receipt to see if MR/DR bought any toy soldiers! That would be very telling...and would confirm some consistency in Dylan's habits per MR. I think I might even jump right up there on that proverbial fence if that was the case! :fence:

Seriously, would love to see the receipt...

Another thing to point out since sometimes all the details can get mixed up:

The texts between Ryan and Dylan begin at

DR ARRIVES AT AIRPORT
5:40 pm - Dylan tells his friend that his plane has landed, and Ryan asks him how the flight went. “Weired my head went numb from all the vibrations,” Dylan replies.

ON WAY TO WAL-MART OR AT WAL-MART
RN: (time 6:43 p.m. Nov. 18) Im in pagosa coming
DR: Cant come srry ill hang tommarow
RN: Ok

AT WAL-MART
7:05 DR @ WalMart

7:06 DR texts Mom he arrived - dad picked him up - adds Frown Face

7:09 Ryan: (time 7:09 p.m. Nov. 18) Why
Dylan: idk

AT McDONALDS
7:22 DR @ McDonalds

MR DRIVES HOME FROM McDONALDS
7:30 MR leaves McDonalds (per MR) - On way Home

TEXTING WITH RN CONTINUES WHILE IN MR'S VEHICLE TO HOME
7:45 Ryan text DR while DR is on the way home w/ his dad
(time 7:45 p.m. Nov. 18) Did your dad say no

8:01 DR responds to RN
he should have been still in the car at this point - probably by the lake or past the lake at this point based on MR's statement about cell coverage in that area

Dylan: (time 8:01 p.m. Nov. 18) yea
Ryan: Oh ok
Dylan: can I come over early lkke 6 30 early tomarrow
Ryan: Yeah
Dylan: you better let me in
Ryan: I will
Ryan: im gonna be at my gmas
Dylan: i call (you) all day if you dont
Dylan: will you gma care or be up
Ryan: Just come around to were the sliding door is were that room is and knock on it and i will wake up

LAST TEXT FROM DR TO RN
8:00 p.m. +/- Ryan received his last text from Dylan just after 8 p.m.

MR/DR ARRIVE HOME
8:15-8:30 Arrive Home
(Per MR - 45 minute drive to home - Google map = 54minutes)

IMO, it appears all phone coversation with RN took place in the vehicle before arriving at MR's (per MR's timeline)

LAST TEXT FROM RYAN TO DR SUNDAY NIGHT
9:27 p.m. – Ryan: (Time 9:27 p.m. Nov. 18) Call me when you get here too

ER TEXTS DYLAN SUNDAY NIGHT
? time - ER stated she texted DR Sunday night and he never responded.

LAST TEXT SENT BY DR
9:37 p.m. - Last text sent by DR. Was not sent to RN. Was not sent to ER. ??? sent to ???

TRICIA'S RADIO SHOW
MR:
Well, I think it’s important to understand that the drive between Durango and the drive to the area in which I live is about a 45 minute ride, and the majority of that time we don’t have cell phone coverage, so it’s very difficult, if possible at all, to have any kind of cell phone communication. Now obviously we were eating our dinner that we had purchased at McDonalds for a portion of that particular ride, but it wasn’t until we got to the lake area that Dylan was able to start communicating with his friends via the texting. So he’s busy texting his friends um…making arrangements,…

NOTE: This coincides with the text messages between RN & DR UP UNTIL 8:01 – all messages appear to have taken place while still in MR's vehicle, and messages stopped between DR & RN at 8:01 +/- while still in the vehicle and before they got to MR’s home!

AND

TRICIA'S RADIO SHOW
69:01
MR:
Well, there was a lot of things going on at that particular time, I mean Dylan had grabbed his computer. He was interacting with uh…Facebook, um… I know that he also has a lot of games that he plays on the computer and that, so he could have been doing that for some period of time, um… Obviously at some point he was texting, communicating with his friends, there were times when we were talking and trying to better get am idea again of what we were gonna’ be doing for Thanksgiving. We had talked about going to my brother’s house. Um….you know, just…just little things like that. You know there would be times when we would start getting back into the movie and nothing was being said.

QUESTIONS: Was MR speaking about the last text sent by Dylan at 9:37 p.m. when he says Dylan was "texting/communicating" with his friends? Dylan's texting with Ryan should have occurred in the vehicle prior to arriving at the house, per MR's statements. Was there more texting between DR and someone else that has not yet been revealed? Did Dylan himself send the 9:37 text? There was only that one message reported that was sent at that time. The 9:37 message was not sent to RN (per RN) and it was not sent to ER (per ER). Was DR texting at all while at MR's home, and if so, and if he truly did respond to someone at 9:37 p.m., why didn’t he respond to RN and/or his mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500