Sunday, 6/9/2013 Radio Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't he also say that he grabbed the laptop, and was on his FB when he got home too? I have always wondered how much of D's computer activity, was found by LE.

Doesn't he also say that he grabbed the laptop, and was on his FB when he got home too? I have always wondered how much of D's computer activity, was found by LE.

Yes, he did say that.

My issue is that the texting between RN & DR should have taken place while in the vehicle and then no more after 8:01.

The ONLY text that should have taken place in MR's home would be the one at 9:37 p.m. - based on MR's statements and the timeline from McDonalds.

So if all this other "activity" (i.e. "texting/communicating", laptop, Facebook) was actually occurring, who was DR communicating with WHILE AT MR's HOME? Most importantly, why didn't DR respond to RN at 9:37 OR his mother?

MR makes it appear that there was significant "Texting" going on while watching the movie and while MR was up and awake to observe it. We just haven't had confirmation that this was the case.

MOO :moo:

...snipped for space....

QUESTIONS: Was MR speaking about the last text sent by Dylan at 9:37 p.m. when he says Dylan was "texting/communicating" with his friends? Dylan's texting with Ryan should have occurred in the vehicle prior to arriving at the house, per MR's statements. Was there more texting between DR and someone else that has not yet been revealed? Did Dylan himself send the 9:37 text? There was only that one message reported that was sent at that time. The 9:37 message was not sent to RN (per RN) and it was not sent to ER (per ER). Was DR texting at all while at MR's home, and if so, and if he truly did respond to someone at 9:37 p.m., why didn’t he respond to RN and/or his mother?
If his phone went dead or did not have connectivity, he might not have known he got the texts from Elaine or R. If he then picked up his iTouch and used that with Wifi, he might not have been responding to anyone he had been texting, but sent out another text to a different person.

ETA: or someone else could have sent the text from his iTouch. Or from his phone, if Dylan no longer had it. Also, it was reported that the last know electronic communication (texting) was at 9:37. But were there any other texts between 9:27 and 9:37?

Yes, he did say that.

My issue is that the texting between RN & DR should have taken place while in the vehicle and then no more after 8:01.

The ONLY text that should have taken place in MR's home would be the one at 9:37 p.m. - based on MR's statements and the timeline from McDonalds.

So if all this other "activity" (i.e. "texting/communicating", laptop, Facebook) was actually occurring, who was DR communicating with WHILE AT MR's HOME? Most importantly, why didn't DR respond to RN at 9:37 OR his mother?

MR makes it appear that there was significant "Texting" going on while watching the movie and while MR was up and awake to observe it. We just haven't had confirmation that this was the case.

That is odd. I wonder who he was texting, IF he was actually doing so at all.

Yes, he did say that.

Throwing one more thing out there, if Dylan was using his iTouch, he could have been playing a game during part of that time. If Mark wasn't paying attention, he'd just see fingers clicking on a screen. If he knew that Dylan had been texting earlier, he would have assumed Dylan was still texting.

Throwing one more thing out there, if Dylan was using his iTouch, he could have been playing a game during part of that time. If Mark wasn't paying attention, he'd just see fingers clicking on a screen. If he knew that Dylan had been texting earlier, he would have assumed Dylan was still texting.

ETA: If the iTouch has not been found, there might have been several messages Dylan "sent" that never went out. I am not as familiar with Apple products, but I know my SMS messages sometimes get "stuck". I think they went out until I look in my sent folder and see that they failed to go. There is no record of those except on my phone.

ETA: If the iTouch has not been found, there might have been several messages Dylan "sent" that never went out. I am not as familiar with Apple products, but I know my SMS messages sometimes get "stuck". I think they went out until I look in my sent folder and see that they failed to go. There is no record of those except on my phone.

If the itouch is like the iPhone and it should be as its a apple product then a unsent Text message is flagged straight away with a Red exclamation mark and it stays on the message box until its sent . So you known straight away if a message is unsent as it tells you .

That is odd. I wonder who he was texting, IF he was actually doing so at all.

What struck me too is if Mark knew that Dylan was texting his friend (about rescheduling), and he knew that Dylan was on the computer (on Facebook), then why is it such a mystery to him what device the last communication came from?

If his phone went dead or did not have connectivity, he might not have known he got the texts from Elaine or R. If he then picked up his iTouch and used that with Wifi, he might not have been responding to anyone he had been texting, but sent out another text to a different person.

ETA: or someone else could have sent the text from his iTouch. Or from his phone, if Dylan no longer had it. Also, it was reported that the last know electronic communication (texting) was at 9:37. But were there any other texts between 9:27 and 9:37?

Thanks for the explanation/reply above!!!!

Ultimately, there's still just one text message sent (confirmed by LE @ 9:37 p.m.) that could have/should have been sent FROM MR's home. That's the point I think I was trying to make. It seemed odd that only one text from a young teen who texted a lot (again, unless we're just not aware of additional communication which occurred).

Yet, if MR states DR was on FB (i.e. laptop) - DR could have sent his mom a message saying goodnight - he could have further corresponded with RN (even if he didn't know either one of them had messaged him). MR states DR "grabbed the laptop" - so I'm really curious who the 9:37 message was to. Who knows, it may have been a gf or some other Bayfield friend. I'd like to know if it was T! That would make a big difference to me. We just don't know. What we do know is that one message at 9:37 from MR's home (???) was alledgedly sent by DR. MR seemed to indicate in the interview with Tricia that there was definitely "texting" and "communication" going on that he saw (he just didn't know which device).

Thanks again for the explanation! Way past my bedtime.

:eek:fftobed: Night all...

JMO, IMO

If the itouch is like the iPhone and it should be as its a apple product then a unsent message is flagged straight away with a Red Question Mark and it stays on the message box until its sent . So you known straight away if a message is unsent as it tells you .
Thanks. So would that message appear in the message records, or would it only stay on your phone if it never got sent? (say the phone got turned off before it went out)

True, but this is what he stated on Tricia's Radio Show verbatim when he was describing what was occurring AT his home and WHILE watching TV:

"at some point he was texting, communicating with his friends"

(See my previous post for the entire paragraph about DR texting/communicating (once they got home!!!!) MR obviously believes DR was texting/communicating while at the house watching the movie and I was just trying to point out that the known facts/timeline do not add up to that being accurate, UNLESS there is communication that occured that we are not privvy to from LE.

Thanks. So would that message appear in the message records, or would it only stay on your phone if it never got sent? (say the phone got turned off before it went out)

it would stay on the phone but it would not be on the records as it never sent and I would assume the records over show sent messages IMO .

Just restating an opinion have expressed several times - I'm really still surprised that other parents think it would be unreasonable or plain old mean of MR to not want to pick up Dylan from the airport (after not having seen him for several weeks IIRC) and immediately take him to stay with friends? That sounds like a perfectly normal parent reaction and response to me.
:moo:

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
Stephen Hawking

True, but this is what he stated on Tricia's Radio Show verbatim when he was describing what was occurring AT his home and WHILE watching TV:

"at some point he was texting, communicating with his friends"

(See my previous post for the entire paragraph about DR texting/communicating (once they got home!!!!) MR obviously believes DR was texting/communicating while at the house watching the movie and I was just trying to point out that the known facts/timeline do not add up to that being accurate, UNLESS there is communication that occured that we are not privvy to from LE.
I get what you are saying. I do, however, think it is possible, that Mark only assumed Dylan was texting his friends. Or, alternatively, he was trying to point it out so that LE would find the 9:37 text....(sometimes I leap from side to side of the fence)

I am still very intrigued about the last mystery message as I think MR has also said "LE have not told him what the last message was " . So I assume its being kept a secret for a reason :cow:

Just restating an opinion have expressed several times - I'm really still surprised that other parents think it would be unreasonable or plain old mean of MR to not want to pick up Dylan from the airport (after not having seen him for several weeks IIRC) and immediately take him to stay with friends? That sounds like a perfectly normal parent reaction and response to me.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
Stephen Hawking
I hear what you are saying. For me, a miserable kid visiting me is not worth the power play. I'd rather take my child to see his friends for a day or two, then have a happy camper for the rest of the trip. To each, his own.

This is what I'm seeing in your transcript:

TG:
With the plane being late. When you say there was issues.

57:06
MR:
Well………his light was…. his flight was about an hour late getting in, and as far as I know, there was some delay in the departure from the Colorado Springs area, and knowing what I went through in his previous flight where he actually went to Denver first and made a transfer to a flight to uh...Durango, I specifically made arrangements so that we could eliminate that…that flight out of Denver and make it so that he had a direct flight from Colorado Springs to Durango.

This statement of MR's still puzzles me. Last time I checked, several months ago, all flights from Colorado Springs to Durango went via Denver.

Stephen Hawking

I don't think it was mean of him to say no. I would probably do the same. But its odd that says that he and D did not discuss the subject until 7;30 or 8, which would mean they were going past the lake, and nearly home. When in reality, they discussed it around 6;30 or so, because he texted R at 6:43 to say he couldn't come.

I do understand why he would not want to take him right to his friends. However, since he was getting up so early and going to do errands without D anyway, it would have been a better plan if he had. JMO

[I was meticulous about transcribing Marks every word...Tricia's, I paraphrased, because we will not be dissecting her every nuanced syllable...] it took me hOURS just to get his first few monologues done, because he is so hard to follow.
================================================== =======================

T:I do want to ask Mark some questions as well…Mark, we had a long conversation the other night...
and I am not taking sides..only taking Dylans side…I want to give u a platform to clear up misconceptions…what do you want to clear up…OK...

MR: well, umm..ya know obviously, being Dylan's father ….and he was here at my house , when he went missing…ya know I…in the very beginning of this I only did what I was instructed to do by Law enforcement…That meaning that you know, in the first few days of the search efforts that were going on with Dylan , I was to stay here at the home in case he was to return, or to call home, or whatever the case may be, and as much as I wanted to be out there, doing, being involved in the searches, I obviously was told that it was in my best interest, or Dylan's best interest, for me not be out there but I needed to be here at the house in case he showed up. ..for whatever reason..

T: so you're telling us that LE told you not to search…is that what you're saying?

MR: In the first few days yes…I … I , I desperately wanted to be involved in every aspect of that but ya know, again, LE told me that the best thing I could do was to stay here at the house and make myself available in the case that Dylan either tried to call or that he stopped by.

T:Ok

MR: Which is exactly what I did …

T:And what about searching later...

MR: Well, I've , you know, I've made many , I've made many efforts…the difference between I think that me and my ex wife is that I don't search because I am looking for recognition I search because it is the right thing to do and it's what I want to be a part of, in bringing Dylan home, so you know, just because I don't go out and and and and …ya know follow the cameras around and things like that doesn't mean I am not out searching…now theres been many things that I ..

T:So you ARE out there searching..

Oh absolutely…now you know, I mean, at this point, here we are past the 6 month mark , ya know, I'll I'll be honest with ya, I don't believe D is in the lake…I don't believe he's near my home and he's certainly I don't think that he is in La Platte County…Does that mean I know where to go to[ lurk] look?

T; Why do you think that…

MR ; Well because…I don't think that , I don't think that Dylan is anywhere in this area and he hasn't been from the very beginning of this..I mean obviously in the first few days nobody knew anything and so we were trying to sort all the pieces of this together and trying to figure out and understand, ya know, the direction that we needed to be going ..so that we had a clear understanding of they areas that we needed to go to to be able to find Dylan…ya know In the very few first days I didn't think about him being abducted…ya know it came to my attention that the dog handlers that had initially come up here ya know indicated that they picked up his scent up to 50 feet from my house and past that there was no scent of him, so even the dogs were having a hard time, with that
that being said, that kinda indicates to me that he could very well have possibly gotten into a vehicle and known who he was with or he set out on his own and never made it to his destination..I don't know but nobody wants their first thought to be that their child is being abducted thats what we have all these people involved for, so we can try to better understand what we're truly up against.

T: well now I have to point something out to u, and if I can point this out and for mediation, this is important…about the public perception, when u say things like..[ explains to him about his backhanded slams] and Marc Klaas would tell you to get in front of the cameras...

MR: well , I… I …I understand that and I'm certainly not trying to argue that point , I mean part of the person that I am is the way that I come across to some people…and you know , it's not that I'm avoiding the cameras or Im not willing to get in front of a camera, the fact is ya know, in particular days that I have been out searching I ve been doing these things on my own, I have spent countless days driving around the lake, looking for any evidence of ya know a fishing pole a backpack anything of that type of nature. ..ya know …….and when I say that I guess what Im trying to say is when I go out and do these things Im not trying to call in somebody to be there.. and Im certainly not ..its not my intention to criticize Dylans mother, by any means,

T: thats what it sounds like…that was a hard jab..

MR: And that's the way…and I understand that and I think thats part of the way that I tend to come across which makes it hard for me to come out and speak like I am now because I don't intend to come out , across that way its just part of who I am I guess… I mean I don't know how to explain it any better than that, I am not trying to hurt anyones mother …Im not..never been my intention..my only focus
and this is what I want everyone to understand, my only focus is what we need to be doing to bring our son home..ihats all i'm interested in… think there is plenty of time for all of this sideline stuff thats going on…that can be done after the fact that we bring dylan home…thats the only thing that matters to me…

This statement of MR's still puzzles me. Last time I checked, several months ago, all flights from Colorado Springs to Durango went via Denver.
Yes, I know. Per the link below, you can only get a direct flight from ForthWorth/Dallas to Durango, Denver to Durango or from Phoenix to Durango:[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durango%E2%80%93La_Plata_County_Airport"]Durango–La Plata County Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I did check and found Durango had a direct flight to those three places, but not to anywhere else that I have found.

Last summer, Frontier opened a direct flight from Durango to Las Vegas, but I could not find any direct flight this year:
http://news.flyfrontier.com/press-release/new-cityschedule-changes/fly-frontier-nonstop-between-durango-and-las-vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500