Suspect Drew Peterson #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like they ARE putting together a defense team. They're not even waiting for DP to be charged with any crime, so it looks like DP and JB think charges are likely, otherwise why gear up?

I'm reminded of another recent case - Darren Mack, a wealthy Reno, Nevada businessman, who murdered his ex-wife and attempted to kill the judge that presided over their divorce. He was tried in October, took a plea bargain after the prosecution rested their case in chief, and then fired his attorneys. He hired a new attorney and tried to get his plea withdrawn. In the plea withdrawal hearing, his two former attorneys were put on the stand as witnesses and the attorney-client privilege was waived for the hearing. Both former defense attorneys testified that they knew their former client had murdered his wife and revealed details of the murder that hadn't come out in the trial. It was a rare glimpse into what defense attorneys know and how they proceed to defend a client. The plea withdrawal was denied, and Darren Mack is to be sentenced this week in a sentencing hearing on Thursday and Friday.

So this makes me wonder HOW MUCH Joel Brodsky knows about his client?

I have always felt that JAB knows the story. IMO he feels some sympathy or empathy for DrewP. Attys are not supposed to go along with their clients perjury. But proving they did is almost impossible. And many do.

When JAB went on TV and said that he guarenteed that the remains found were not Stacy, that settled it in my mind. JAB knew it wasn't Stacy because he knew where Stacy's remains were left. IMO DrewP most likely gave him the whole story.

I did a little looking around for info about Abood. Didn't really find much. Some people like him, some don't. I did find one exchange interesting. It is an article about Lisa Holland. Look for the comment by apa4577

http://forums.lansingstatejournal.com/viewtopic.php?t=36364&sid=691a1df5d1155fba582802941ab89ac6

and...

http://forums.lansingstatejournal.com/viewtopic.php?p=101609&highlight=#101609

His law firm is a family firm. I found an interview with Abood and it tells the firm history.
http://www.allbusiness.com/legal/law-firms/959032-1.html

It seems that Abood's middle initial is P.
http://www.aboodlaw.com/APA.html

Read the above posts and links..my question how did Drew and Brodsky find this man and convince him to take the case? Obviously he does have the money to bankroll this case if need be..his family's firm has been in business for over 40 years. He is semi high profile in defense..actually I never heard of him before this case..but in Lansing he seems to be so.

But why him..why not another more nationally known attorney? Wait, okay I get it..between JAB and Drew they needed someone with more bucks, known but not better known then they are at present..their egos couldn't take that blow..they still need to be the big fish in the small pond. That would be okay but the pond is growing in size and none of these people seem up to the events that seem poised to take place soon...Stacy's and Kathleen's cases are going to blow wide open eventually..JMHO

That's kind of my point too - why Abood? His family's name is well known in Lansing and he has been involved in a couple of locally high profile cases, but IMO he only wanted to get his name in the paper. I checked the docket for the MI court of appeals and he does have a number of cases open - he's actually representing another Peterson in a civil matter of some kind. Probably just a coincidence. But I can't believe there wasn't another attorney closer to the Bollingbrook area that they would have contacted - one who's already licensed to practice in Illinois. They must be considering his involvement and experience in the horrific Holland case.

Per the article Chicoliving posted in the news media thread a "A convicted cop killer reputed to have organized crime connections" called to the GJ. I wonder why, which wife he is thought to be connected to, and why him?

Thanks for posting that Chico, it gave the best explanation for the previous firing of DrewP that I have seen yet.

Very Chico posted. DP of course says he wouldn't know why they are wanting to talk to Rock..But Rock is the central figure in DP's losing his job for outing the undercover cop ..he outed that person to Rock. Maybe they think DP continued a relationship of sorts with Rock. Enough to help him hide a body?

Yes, but one thing I don't understand is that DrewP's known association with Rock was in 1985. Would you make contact with a man you had once arrested (and tried to investigate again) 23 years later with one of the most damaging things in your life, one that could send you to prison? The point is that DrewP had to have had some ongoing association with him since and some reason to believe that he would keep his mouth shut. I also wonder how his name came up in the investigation?

Which brings me to another question. In 1985, DrewP was allegedly running an unsanctioned investigation into this guy. Did he change from an over eager gunho officer who did his own investigations to one who counted this guy as a friend? Or was the 'confession' of an unsanctioned investigation a deliberate attempt to throw off the agency from the sanctioned investigation they were already doing. Did DrewP know of the other investigation and come forward because he got caught associating with this guy and needed an excuse? Or did he deliberately set out to throw that investigation off track? He was accused of identifying the undercover officer.

Also, how does a man who is a convicted cop killer in the '70's come to be out of prison in 1985? Since he was out, wouldn't he have been on parole? Was he on parole when DrewP allegedly arrested him?

Any time you out an undercover policeman and stop an investigation...the reason must be sinister to begin with. I would assume he did it to stop the investigation into the dealings of that guy and yet LE could not prove it...meaning he was allowed back on the force after he fought them. He should be looked at as a possible accomplice of DP's. He owes DP BIG TIME!!

Interesting that the Grand Jury is going so far back in calling witnesses. I think Anthony Rock may only be the tip of the iceberg. Because of his independent and unsanctioned investigation, DP may have some "friends" in the world of organized crime. Perhaps Anthony Rock can identify those who may have a long-term association with DP, those who DP might turn to for help in disposing of a body.

Mysteriew.........According to the article, Anthony Rock was released from prison on appeal. So, he wouldn't have been on parole.

Murder conviction
Before he was investigated by Peterson, Rock was convicted of the April 1970 murder of Joliet police Det. William Loscheider.
But it was actually a fellow officer who gunned down Loscheider during a burglary investigation at a North Broadway liquor warehouse, but courts blamed Rock because the death occurred while Rock was committing a crime. Rock, a reputed loan shark, was allegedly fleeing the scene with two accomplices when Loscheider was killed by friendly fire.

Subpoena issued
The spokesman for the state's attorney's office, Charles B. Pelkie, said he could not comment on why or even if Rock was subpoenaed. Peterson himself could not understand what prosecutors wanted with Rock, who he had arrested once before the unauthorized investigation in 1985.
"All he knows is, I tried to buy dope from him a couple times. I put him away for 20 years," Peterson said. "He got out on appeal."
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/797585,4_1_JO16_PETERSON_S1.article

The article isn't very clear, but the way I understand this is that he was convicted of his role in the death of the police officer. But that later DrewP arrested him for drugs and he was released on appeal. Which would have been two separate events.

Post #45 on in this thread deal with the Rock being called to testify.

I can say one thing...this Grand Jury is being very, very thorough. I am glad they are bringing in such people who have dealings with DP in the past. It will be amazing what they can learn from such people, I bet!!

Greta just interviewed a Chicago reporter on Anthony Rock being called to testify before the grand jury. There wasn't any information that we don't already know about that situation. But at the end of the interview Greta asked the reporter what's going on with DP these days. The reporter said that he's staying home with the children, but this past Saturday night, DP was at a local bar at 2:00am, where a fight broke out. Although DP wasn't involved in the fight, he told reporters that he needs his "time out."

Does anyone know how long this GJ will take? It sure seems like a long time to me.

All I know is they only meet once per week (Thursdays, I think) and it could go on for another year. Personally, I think that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

I'd like to give DP a "time out". lol

Didn't I hear somewhere that the current Grand Jury session runs till some time in May? And that the term could be extended by 6 months intervals after that?

See chico's post where it stated on 01-25-08 it will run four months

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1939661&postcount=379

According to that article it went to the Grand Jury in Nov. and the term lasts 4 months. Which means the current term would expire in Mar. right? Then I have also read that if no determination is reached the term can be extended for 6 months. Then another 6 months after that.

Hopefully the GJ will reach some type of determination at least by March.

Greta just interviewed a Chicago reporter on Anthony Rock being called to testify before the grand jury. There wasn't any information that we don't already know about that situation. But at the end of the interview Greta asked the reporter what's going on with DP these days. The reporter said that he's staying home with the children, but this past Saturday night, DP was at a local bar at 2:00am, where a fight broke out. Although DP wasn't involved in the fight, he told reporters that he needs his "time out."

Drew thinks he needs a "time out"?? Sheesh, I can only hope and pray that he gets a permanent TIME OUT soon from society. I just dont know how Stacy and Kathleen's family can even stand to hear this ridiculous crap out of his mouth.
It's all about Poor Drew isnt it? He makes me ill, and I just pray pray pray that he's held accountable for whatever he may be responsible for.
I'm sure this has been asked and answered, sorry for being repetitive, but is Stacy's family able to see and talk to her children? I am sure they would love to give Drew a big time out and take those kids for him.

From what's been reported, I don't think DP has allowed Cassandra or any of Stacy's family to see the children.

I bet DP won't ever let those children be alone with anyone who might question them about the events of October 28th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean