Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background

Yes but, these nationwide Copart sites are set up like a used car lot and look similar but with wrecked cars. Why would these cars be more susceptible to fire than cars in say a mall parking lot or a tow yard?

It probably isn't a lot more susceptible than a tow yard. The mall parking lot is going to have mostly cars in good condition, parked far enough apart to let you get in and out easily.

The wrecked cars tend to leak various fluids (crankcase oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, etc. etc.), most of which produce flammable vapors. The stuff is often in the carpeting, upholstery, etc. They also tend to be parked together more tightly than in a mall parking lot, so once the fire starts, it spreads more easily.

That said, something does seem a bit hinky about this fire. Would like to know which car it started in and where they got it...

I had to go back and check. I thought the vehicle fire you were talking about was the RAT arson case. This is just a fire reported at the time AM went missing that you suspect might be connected and could have been set to destroy evidence right?

Interestingly enough, I read in one of the articles, about the fire, the general manager stated that he believed the fire started in an SUV. He suggested that the source appeared to be electrical.

I think the possibility of the auction fire being due to destroying evidence related to this case would be highly unlikely since it would only draw much greater attention from LE. I'm more inclined to believe it was from other reasons such as some kind of vehicle malfunction, random arsonists, possible squatters or even someone seeking revenge for having their own car repossessed.

Even so, I hope they track the vin numbers re: previous owners, whether the vehicle was a repo, a salvage from accident, flood fire, etc. and who brought the car in...the driver and the company. Hopefully they can track such things and Henrico LE will run any associated names with the criminal databases.

I had to go back and check. I thought the vehicle fire you were talking about was the RAT arson case. This is just a fire reported at the time AM went missing that you suspect might be connected and could have been set to destroy evidence right?

It happened last weekend, I think, if I'm reading the article correctly.

I mean, yeah, it's likely just a coincidence. As I said, fires like this are pretty common in junkyards and car lots. But something about the photo of the burned vehicles made me feel like something was off about it. Nothing I could put my finger on, though.

Exactly, Carbuff.

well, when we started talking about it last week, a few people from around there came on and were defending certain junkyards, one person came on and said to disregard our posts, not really funny, but interesting how word got around that area,mainly because the salvage biz is really big around there; another reason why RAT coulda taken advantage of the situation. But then, the cars being burned, and you're right Buff, the picture looked weird but the junkyard looked just like I would imagine the kind of place to dump a body, maybe even place incriminating evidence to frame someone else in with her. And Orange being between there and CVille. There was another place near Staunton, north of Crabtree Falls,and when I zeroed in on a ramshackle shed there was a blue tarp hanging there with silver lining on one side just like at RAT's house. Creepy. Even though they are commonplace. Burning his truck was one of the things that got Brandon Scott Lavergne nailed in the Mickey Shunick case.
Now, this car burning could be a whole different thing, I mean, someone finds out a bunch of sleuths are talking about junkyards, maybe they were burned for either another missing person, or, someone getting paranoid about vin numbers, insurance fraud, I know JustK and others were discussing insurance fraud and theft of various paperwork inside of cars that get towed/repoed; or maybe even evidence from disappearing Alexis. Obviously, the feds are going to be all over this

Would someone post a link to the photo of the burned vehicles in that fire or steer me in the direction of where the link is located? Thanks.

Nothing new huh? Bumping up for Alexis....I wonder if they have interviewed RAT's son. I'm not saying he was involved, but he may have picked his dad up somewhere and not known what he had just done or who he had been with. Either way, I feel sorry for RAT's son.

Nothing new huh? Bumping up for Alexis....I wonder if they have interviewed RAT's son. I'm not saying he was involved, but he may have picked his dad up somewhere and not known what he had just done or who he had been with. Either way, I feel sorry for RAT's son.

His son just started 9th grade, correct? So I doubt he could drive. (legally) I think someone drove but I dont know why they havent come forward.

His son just started 9th grade, correct? So I doubt he could drive. (legally) I think someone drove but I dont know why they havent come forward.

They might have come forward. LE would not be likely to release that information. They have said that they know when and how the car got there, though they didn't release details.

FBI probably has a ton of evidence against RAT. IMO

They might have come forward. LE would not be likely to release that information. They have said that they know when and how the car got there, though they didn't release details.

BBM

I thought they only said that they knew when the car arrived.

I wish we had a list of verified facts.

My IGIS is fired back up and I'm reading to get a mapping done on the possible routes/trips of RAT! Sorry it wasn't working about a week ago when I attempted to use it for Alexis's case.

I wonder if she is still out there???!

edeze6er.jpg

Ok so I've gotta take a drive from the desert to beach today so I was able to get tracking done on the route of her car only for now. Each point represents an area of interest:

Alexis's home area in shipman, the gas station, the area of RAT's place and cannery lane, and the area her car was last left.

I took the travelled route and created an area line to represent the area that most likely is being searched for Alexis. The area of searching, when you have a trail, is in comparison to that trail of clues.

This is my own program of determining total area/search area for a crime. It is subject to my own interpretation and Is not indicative of any tactics used in the investigation to find Alexis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back