Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background

what is an IGIS? Have you used this in other cases?

Speaking of rumors....that actually surprises me that there hasnt been tons of rumors.

what is an IGIS? Have you used this in other cases?

Speaking of rumors....that actually surprises me that there hasnt been tons of rumors.

I've used it with other cases. It's a gps tracking system.

Sorry my replies are while driving so sorry if terse. :)

Tia Payne is one victim I used this system with recently. She has a thread here. Her case needs attention. Homicide case.

I'm sorry I keep writing cannery lane instead of loop (beats head against wall)

2Hip2, Using your IGIS mapping, are you interpreting the mapping then to indicate other routes that could be searched? Can you explain a little more about how you use your mapping? Thanks

Who brought up RAT's association with Charleston, SC?

I'm not sure who brought it up and I don't think it was determined that he definitely lived there (I could be wrong about that). I think there was a Randy Taylor listed in the searches as having lived there but wasn't sure if it was this Randy Taylor.

RAT was arrested in Dillon SC so that may be the connection plus there is a large armed forces presence in and around the Charleston area. There was some speculation (maybe confirmation?)he was in the armed services or members of his family were.

Where was he around the time Brittney Drexal went missing?

I'm not sure who brought it up and I don't think it was determined that he definitely lived there (I could be wrong about that). I think there was a Randy Taylor listed in the searches as having lived there but wasn't sure if it was this Randy Taylor.

RAT was arrested in Dillon SC so that may be the connection plus there is a large armed forces presence in and around the Charleston area. There was some speculation (maybe confirmation?)he was in the armed services or members of his family were.

Dillon is the town "South of the Border" is technically in, i just learned this on my way to Ft. Jackson in Columbia for my husbands annual military stuff. For those who haven't heard of it, it's a huge rest area/tourist trap with signs for like 150 miles in each direction on I-95. It has a gas station, mini golf, convenience stores, restrooms, a bar/restaurant, and even rides now, I think a motel as well. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was arrested around there. I definitely saw some shady people hanging around, it really creeped me out as I was traveling with two kids under two, but then again, it was dusk when I stopped, thank god my sister was with me to help with the kids or I wouldn't have felt safe.

Where was he around the time Brittney Drexal went missing?

I've been wondering about that since the SC connection first came up. Dillon is on the way to Myrtle Beach.

Anyone have the exact dates on the arrest in Dillon, SC?

South of the Border is like the carny version of a theme park. Dillon is a real town but a bit of a boondocks small town. A hundred years ago, the engine of my 67' VW Bug blew a mile North of South of the Border. A nice country man, in a old cherry red Ford pick up truck stopped and gave us a ride to the "Heart of Dillon Motel." A buddy of his retrieved the VW from I95 and hauled it to another buddy's farm. If they weren't so nice, we would have sworn they had a whole racket going on :)

After three or four days, at the fleabag motel with the heart shaped pool complete with the green water, we found out there was a brand new Holiday Inn right off the interstate. By then it was too late to move to the better accommodations. Anyway, I remember looking to see if we should take a bus to the beach. :D It was a horrible honeymoon!!!

Dillon is the town "South of the Border" is technically in, i just learned this on my way to Ft. Jackson in Columbia for my husbands annual military stuff. For those who haven't heard of it, it's a huge rest area/tourist trap with signs for like 150 miles in each direction on I-95. It has a gas station, mini golf, convenience stores, restrooms, a bar/restaurant, and even rides now, I think a motel as well. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was arrested around there. I definitely saw some shady people hanging around, it really creeped me out as I was traveling with two kids under two, but then again, it was dusk when I stopped, thank god my sister was with me to help with the kids or I wouldn't have felt safe.

"South of the Border"
is pretty creepy place at night.

I believe so <could be wrong>, but IIRC there is a very strong suspect in Brittanee's case.

Right and his surname is Taylor, too. He has a brother, in his 40s, by the name of <modsnip>R K Taylor. That may be another sad coincidence...but this RAT could be related to those Taylors. So many criminals with the name Randy Taylor, though.

I found the original post by Bsublime re: the Dillon, SC Arrest. It was 1987.

"A bit like looking for a needle in a haystack but then I found it!

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Dill...531&CaseType=C

Dillon County Fourth Judicial Circuit Public Index

The State of South Carolina VS Randy Allen Taylor
Case Number: B945531
Court Agency:
General Sessions Filed Date: 11/13/1987
Case Type: Criminal-Clerk Case Sub Type:
Assigned Judge: Bristow, Walter
Disposition Judge: Bristow, Walter
Disposition: Pled Guilty
Disposition Date: 11/30/1987
Date Received: 11/13/1987
Arrest Date: 11/04/1987
Law Enf. Case: True Bill Date: No Bill Date:
Prosecutor Case: Indictment Number: 1987GS1700468 Waiver Date:

Taylor, Randy Allen 410 S 8Th Ave Dillon SC 295360000 White M 06/19/1965 Defendant

080-Burglary / Burglary (Non - Violent) (After June 20, 1985) - Second degree 0079-Burglary / Burglary (After June 20, 1985) - First degree 11/30/1987
Sentencing: YOA NTE 6YRS

What does that sentence mean?? Something not to exceed 6 years?" (End BSublime quote)

He may sill have ties to South Carolina.

2Hip2, Using your IGIS mapping, are you interpreting the mapping then to indicate other routes that could be searched? Can you explain a little more about how you use your mapping? Thanks

With what I do with mapping when a known route was taken by a victim or their vehicle:

I took the starting point as Alexis's hometown of Shipman. I then follow the most likely route to the Liberty Gas station from her home. Then, based on the reports that she was seen leaving The station and was around cannery loop last, I pinged the cannery loop area (which just so happens to be the area where RAT has a place). The last report was that her car was recovered at a parking lot theater in Charlottesville, so that was my ending point concerning the route the victims car took.

I then draw a line directly from the starting point to the last known point the car reached during the crime.

The area between the route most likely traveled and the line/average drawn is what I refer to as the likely "area" of the crime or a criminals geographic awareness.
Many times I will mirror the total area vertically or horizontally, depending on the orientation, and add that as an additional area if the first area created turns up nothing.

There was much area to cover in AM's case, but it was comprised mostly of hwy 29 and varied greater in latitude than longitude.

Those back roads are the issue to the east of 29. They have to check those vigorously, as I have read they have done so diligently so far thank goodness. I would also wonder if whoever has or had her travelled the highways out of state...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378913494.977997.jpg

Could have continued east with her after charlottesville on the 64 down to 85 which goes directly to ATL... Or the 64 to the 55... Or the 64 to the 95 which heads up to DC...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378913230.764807.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378913230.764807.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 39
The car wash is a result of bad reporting. RAT said he saw Alexis at a car wash and they smoked together out in the open. Thats why he asked her the day she went missing because he knew she was a smoker.

In the beginning the reporting on this story was horrible. People took one word and reported it 500 wrong ways. I remember because it made me so mad.

That kind of incorrect. he said he was parked near her and was smoking weed as she was leaving to her car and he sparked a convo that day of smoking weed with her,( he smoked, not she smoked) that day he said he further'd to set up a date to get a dealer. But the catch is she went to volleyball ball camp around the same time and was away.

The second week of her alleged kidnapping her coming back home, she went missing (the 3rd of the month) that's same day randy Taylor asked her to find him a dealer from the previous convo a the gas station. Again by his own claim she never smoked in either convo setting/meeting.

I honestly think that story is lie and used as a cover up.. because he has a weed poss strike on his record in the months before that( he didn't need a dealer in that area because he has a strike on his record in that area or surrounding one). Also she went to get her hair fixed and she was paying cash( her mothers claim) I think the amount was same amount Rat said he bought weed from the dealer for which was 60$. Which seems abut right for hair extention's.

One thing that strike me is odd is he keeps getting the same exact charge over and over and they never tell what the car model is and he never has a reg/title when caught. I assume he was using the cars from the used car lot and never was arrested for stolen car poss ( which is the norm for a car without a title/reg by diver). I also find it odd, no has asked him how did car catch on fire that he has arson, & why he did it.

This is the stuff Im talking about with the reporting.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-says-disappearance-may-be-tied-to-drug-deal/

Hallahan alleged that Taylor ran into the 17-year-old at a gas station Aug. 3, the day she disappeared, CBS affiliate WTVR reports, and that Taylor asked the teen if she could find him a drug dealer. It wasn't the first encounter between the two, the lawyer alleged - nearly a month before, while Taylor was working at a local carwash, he says Murphy started talking to Taylor after she noticed he was smoking marijuana.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-says-disappearance-may-be-tied-to-drug-deal/

Hallahan described the evidence against his client as "weak.'
"I don't like the way that people are already saying bad things about Mr. Taylor and they don't know anything about the case,"Hallahan told WTVR. "Hundreds and hundreds of cars go from the Liberty (gas station) every afternoon and every morning. A lot of them are heading North. I could be a suspect. I get gas there and go back to my office all the time."

fwiw I didn't read this before. I know RAT states Alexis was at his place, but this suggests also they have him on camera leaving the station heading north. hummmmm
Keeping Alexis and her family and friends in my prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back