TH Losing weight/bodybuilding

I think you're right. I think she was probably "very vocal" about the accomplishment (exaggerated version) and Kaine took it at face value, as he seemed to take everything else she said. (He really seemed to have trusted her word for things in the past.) I think that would explain why he was so specific about the numbers before and after--it was actually 62 pounds, IIRC. Kaine didn't know her exact height, didn't know what medicine she was on, etc. So I don't think he would have memorized the exact numbers on the scale. I think it was story she told over many times. JMO

But he hits the gym to, and I think guys that do are more likely to know their partners weight and various stats, especially if they work out at the same place. MOO

Ephedrine, Aspirin and caffeine pills are what are called “ECA stack” in Body building communities.

ECA Stack is taken 3 times a day, 25 mg of ephedrine, 200 mg of caffeine and 325 mg of Aspirin.

Very dangerous but legal.

Ephedrine- Side Effects are Nervous system: restlessness, confusion, insomnia, mild euphoria, mania/hallucinations, delusions, formication, paranoia, hostility, panic, agitation

Weight loss is drastic but the second you stop taking it the weight comes back double full.

Isn't Ephedrine illegal most places now? Is that the stuff they use to sell in one or two packs on the counters in convenience stores to stay awake?

Isn't Ephedrine illegal most places now? Is that the stuff they use to sell in one or two packs on the counters in convenience stores to stay awake?

Yes, it has been going back and forth in the US to ban it, which they should!

But up until 2007 it was easy to purchase. And you can still buy it online and in Canada.

In addition, it causes severe depression after someone stops using it, sometimes lasting months.

People would drink at night to calm down from the pills, so they can sleep.

In addition, Methamphetamine is made with this.

I agree. You can also bulk up fast without steroids by doing LOTS of weight work EVERYDAY.

Some years back, at the age of 31, I got obsessed with getting rid of bit of cellulite that I had. I followed a strict anti cellulite diet of very low fat/no processed foods, with no caffeine at all, and began doing an amazing (to me now) fitness routine. I race walked for one hour every day. I either did water aerobics or a dance class every day at a fitness center in the community I lived in. Then I decided to start doing weights because I bought a fancy weight set up from a neighbor who needed the money. I was working the weights alone with minimal instruction from a book. I did 40 minutes a day.

After 3 - 4 weeks my arms were awesome, tight hard and looked great. Cellulite was gone. I was never going to stop this, then I started noticing my upper arms, and thighs were starting to look like body builders which is NOT what I was going for. My chest was changing. This was on 40 minutes a day. If Terri was doing a couple hours a day, I could really see her getting to her competition figure in the four months. Thankfully, I was griping about this one night with some friends and one of the guys worked at Gold's Gym. He told me I was doing it with the daily workout (weights) and to back it down to 3 days a week, but, after a two week total stoppage of weights. I did, and after just a week the bulking up started to go. But it was hard not touching the weights, cause I had gotten to love them.

I lost a lot of weight - from 155 to 110 within 3 months (I am almost 5'9" so 110 is pretty thin for me.)

A couple years after starting this, due to an accident I abruptly stopped all exercise. It took some months to recover from the accident and after a couple months of stopping the 2 hours plus a day,the muscle tone went quickly, I started really gaining weight, and began having major other health issues, compounded shortly thereafter with a pregnancy and some major issues with that, ultimately being diagnosed with fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue. One of my doctors told me that people have the gene for this, but something has to trigger this and one thing thought to could be abrupt stopping of being very active.

When I look at look at Terry I wonder.

I did the same thing rosie. Very quickly, no drugs, clean diet, no caffeine. Just did some old "The Firm" tapes everyday, and walking everyday. Yoga and stretching thrown in a few days a week. Did not bulk up as the tapes were with light weights and aerobics combined. I wish I would make myself start again. Down to no body fat, healthy, happy. When I divorced I stopped. Now I am at my full pregnant weight and it is just body fat. Aagh!

Sorry to hear about your health issues though. :(

ok I must speak on this subject.

First off, I've never done steroids and I have lost weight by dieting(atkins) and working out 5 days a week.

Now depending on your size and body type, genetics and etc u can loose weight quickly, but there is no doubt in my mind TH was doping. I looked hard at the pics and showed one of my buddies that does competitive body building. The angular face, the tight muscles and rapid weight loss means a few things to both of us.

1. Hardcore dieting
2. Use of fat burners
3. Some sort of steroid
4. dehydration

There is a real good documentary about the female bodybuilding world. I forgot the name of it, but if there isnt testing then most of the time there is some kind of doping. Men arent the only ones that do it. Plenty of females use HGH and other drugs to enhance their physique. Its common in a lot of athletic sports but body building has tons of juicers.

During competition season a body builders life will consist of working out twice a day for at least an hr or 2. A whole slew of protein shakes, bulk enhancers, diet pills and a high protein/low carb meal. There is somthing called a weight lifters cocktail too which consists of whey protein shake, vitamins, carb blockers and fat burners.

Its a manic lifestyle and I've never known one, not one bodybuilder that didnt push his or her body to the limit in dangerous ways. yeah some do it for the competition, but others do it cause they get addicted to the lifestyle. There is a whole gym rat/lifter culture out there. I wonder if TH had other friends that participated as well.

No one can convince me she did this all naturally. There are things you look for. Her age is one thing. Some people age better than others, but a 30 something mother that has muscles that "pop" like hers is not from just working out and eating her veggies. Then the total change in appearance and even body structure now. I've heard of blowing up, but gaining weight doesnt age u 10 years. Using then dumping steroids can or depression. Which BTW steroids can trigger certain behaviors in people. It can alter your mood to dangerous levels. Roid rage is just one, but also depression and bipolar.

And let me say one thing: PPD is real. I am suffering from it now and I think I have a handle on it, but we'll see. I've never lost control, but PPD can have you thinking and acting crazy. Scary stuff.

Well, TH did look a LOT better than that "thing" in the article. I didn't really see any muscle definition at all whereas TH had quite a bit.

CN2Souls said:
Ephedrine, Aspirin and caffeine pills are what are called “ECA stack” in Body building communities.

ECA Stack is taken 3 times a day, 25 mg of ephedrine, 200 mg of caffeine and 325 mg of Aspirin.

Ephedrine- Side Effects are Nervous system: restlessness, confusion, insomnia, mild euphoria, mania/hallucinations, delusions, formication, paranoia, hostility, panic, agitation

Weight loss is drastic but the second you stop taking it the weight comes back double full.

Steroids are hormones and we all know how hormones can affect mood.

There was no drug testing even for the pros at the competition Terri took part in. She was only an amateur anyway and no amateur contest like that would ever drug test.

Interesing information, thanks!

Thinking about these drug cocktails for body building and dieting makes me wonder if Terri was taking stuff back when Kaine believed she had post-partum depression?

I've had a couple of family members who provoked mood swings and other symptoms just from diet pills, and they hid what they were doing from the family. It's also easy to fall into a pattern of drastic yo-yo dieting that lasts your whole life, and it has consequences for your mind-body connection.

Yes, it has been going back and forth in the US to ban it, which they should!

But up until 2007 it was easy to purchase. And you can still buy it online and in Canada.

In addition, it causes severe depression after someone stops using it, sometimes lasting months.

People would drink at night to calm down from the pills, so they can sleep.

In addition, Methamphetamine is made with this.

Kaine did say she was drinking herself to sleep every night for six months. That could have been to wind down from uppers used to help lose weight, as has been described upthread. Because i was also really baffled about his comment about "taking more than the recommended dose of aspirin", but reading about the ECA stack and your point above, it starts to form a picture. JMO

Just for the sake of accuracy here on WS - ECA's are not legal here in the US. There have been way too many deaths resulting from heart problems. I'm almost equally as positive that ECA's are not legal in Canada either. Way too dangerous.

Thanks Calli - ephedrine (25mg) + Caffeine (200mg)+ ASA (325mg) are each legal at the strengths mentioned; both here and in Canada. You can walk in any pharmacy and buy each one. I'm referring to the formulation/combination of the 3 drugs that has resulted in deaths due to cardiac problems.

In addition, many serious drug interactions need to be noted. :(

The pharmacological actions of ASA in this combination makes it especially dangerous.

I don't know where anybody would buy ECA's except on the internet, maybe???? :eek: Well of course on the internet, is there anything a person can't buy?

I don't know that this has anything to do with anything but, I thought it interesting that both TH & DS appeared to have put their weight back on and wonder if it was around the same time? Were they eating buddies as well as work out buddies?

Let's say DS was jealous or envious of TH's life and sabotaged TH's healthy eating habits by influencing her to eat junk...to gain weight...to become less attractive to KH...to have TH all to herself...stranger things have happened in friendships between two women.

Also, have we seen any pictures of TH about the time she met KH? I'd be interested to see where her weight was then vs now.

Don't fitness competitions submit contestants to a urine test in the USA? I would think they would to keep the contests fair.

IMO, it's possible for her to lose a huge amount of weight and bulk up muscle in four months if she was extremely dedicated to her workouts and was able to keep her body in a state of ketosis.

I know nothing about body building but I see many products being sold at stores like GNC for bulking up and bulking muscles, maybe she used these? I imagine if she was on steroids she was a *advertiser censored* on wheels as they make you moody and mean. JMO, experience from a neighbor years ago that injected steriods for wrestling. He was mean and nasty all the time. BTW he ended up dying in Ocean City of heart attack during a "parking lot" fight one night. Steroids not good for your heart and dangerous to use. Can't imagine her using them w/o Kaine knowing, but some husbands are not completely aware about whats going on in their own home.....JMO

I am going to try some of these diet techniques as sitting here on the computer hasn't been helpful.

Anyway, Kaine must have fallen in love with Terri when she was chunky. I think that is interesting.

I saw a pic of them which I assumed was their wedding in a tropical place, she didn't look chunky but wasn't in body building shape, either. JMO

Well I know they are saying she lost 60 pounds or in four months.

I don't really have a problem with that, I know it wouldn't be easy. And would be even harder for a woman of 35 years, not so bad for someone in their 20s.

But IMO she didn't just lose 60 pounds of fat. She lost about 80, and gained 20 pounds of muscle.

She was either exaggerating about the shortness of the time frame in which she lost this, or Kaine is mistaken.

I'm betting this took her longer than four months, I'm sorry. But it must have been a huge accomplishment for her. I'm just saying that she is exaggerating. I also think she was exaggerating about how much the attorney fee was.

But she hasn't said this has she? I thought this is what Kaine said and surely he would have known her regiment back then since he lived with her.

I am wondering if this was only a one time thing. From the time of that one competition it seems she didn't enter any other ones after then.

IMO

I have been reading allot about the competition etc.
With all the time devoted to just getting ready for this, who watched Kyron?
Was Kyron at the gym day care all day?
There is tanning, waxing, working out, chosing outfit, special diet.
He would of been 2yrs old in 2005 right?
Who watched baby K while TH did her thing? sexting, gym,computer,drinking
planning all this?
Both children neglected in a way???

It seems to me that at least part of this thread exists just to say unkind things not only about Terri, but about women with less that fabulous bodies in general. She had a baby at nearly 40-she nursed for awhile (I think I heard), and now she's not built like Kate Moss? My body was slammin' before I had a baby at 42- I ain't never gonna look like that again! Kaine must have fallen in love with her when she was chunky? She's not chunky now. She is voluptuous.

I would guess that most posters on this board are not in fabulous shape, although no doubt many are.

Frankly, it hurts my feelings-as a woman- to read that any woman's body is so criticized and scrutinized by total strangers.
Men fall in love with gorgeous trim women, with chunky women, and with big girls, as well.

My mother in her dotage was making unkind remarks about fat women, and I pointed out that all of her caregivers were big ladies, and they all seemed to have fine character, generous spirits, and kind motives.

In the pictures of Terri taken in March at her 40th birthday party at a Mexican restaurant, she was glowing and gorgeous.

In the pictures taken of Terri since her stepson disappeared and she came under scrutiny by LE and the whole world in general, she has looked sad and haggard. Perhaps that's why the questionnaire specifies that the picture is of Terri after June 4th. I'll bet she didn't look like that (one news article described her as looking overweight and slovenly at the news conference) on June 4th or before.

I'm undergoing a family crisis right now, and I look sad and haggard all the time, too. I'll look better when things get better.

Women are more than the sum of their body shapes and hairstyles, and when that becomes such a topic of discussion about women, it hurts all of us, both the flabby and the fabulous. I'd rather have a body like (insert name of 'chunky' extremely brilliant and successful woman) than (insert name of 'taut and toned' shoplifter, husband-stealer, party crasher).

If Terri has done something heinous, it won't be her appearance that determines her legal fate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back