TH Losing weight/bodybuilding

I am going to try some of these diet techniques as sitting here on the computer hasn't been helpful.

Anyway, Kaine must have fallen in love with Terri when she was chunky. I think that is interesting.

That Kaine would fall in love with a "chunky" TH?

It seems to me that at least part of this thread exists just to say unkind things not only about Terri, but about women with less that fabulous bodies in general. She had a baby at nearly 40-she nursed for awhile (I think I heard), and now she's not built like Kate Moss? My body was slammin' before I had a baby at 42- I ain't never gonna look like that again! Kaine must have fallen in love with her when she was chunky? She's not chunky now. She is voluptuous.

I would guess that most posters on this board are not in fabulous shape, although no doubt many are.

Frankly, it hurts my feelings-as a woman- to read that any woman's body is so criticized and scrutinized by total strangers.
Men fall in love with gorgeous trim women, with chunky women, and with big girls, as well.

My mother in her dotage was making unkind remarks about fat women, and I pointed out that all of her caregivers were big ladies, and they all seemed to have fine character, generous spirits, and kind motives.

In the pictures of Terri taken in March at her 40th birthday party at a Mexican restaurant, she was glowing and gorgeous.

In the pictures taken of Terri since her stepson disappeared and she came under scrutiny by LE and the whole world in general, she has looked sad and haggard. Perhaps that's why the questionnaire specifies that the picture is of Terri after June 4th. I'll bet she didn't look like that (one news article described her as looking overweight and slovenly at the news conference) on June 4th or before.

I'm undergoing a family crisis right now, and I look sad and haggard all the time, too. I'll look better when things get better.

Women are more than the sum of their body shapes and hairstyles, and when that becomes such a topic of discussion about women, it hurts all of us, both the flabby and the fabulous. I'd rather have a body like (insert name of 'chunky' extremely brilliant and successful woman) than (insert name of 'taut and toned' shoplifter, husband-stealer, party crasher).

If Terri has done something heinous, it won't be her appearance that determines her legal fate.

I personally do not find this thread to be disparaging to TH at all. It is a fact that her physical image changed dramatically and because of that leads one to wonder why? Body image can be an indicator and I think that is what most are wondering about...at least I am.

Except that Terri's weight loss wasn't so sinister when she was actually losing weight. At least not to her boyfriend, who then chose to marry her. What makes what happened 5 years ago so sinister today?

Except that Terri's weight loss wasn't so sinister when she was actually losing weight. At least not to her boyfriend, who then chose to marry her. What makes what happened 5 years ago so sinister today?

Well, there might be things about TH that are still to come out to reveal a sinister side to her before Kyron went missing...even prior to her marrying Kaine.

Sinister is something that can be brewing years & years in the making and I would even include body image not as something sinister but, as a sign of change occurring.

Hope that makes sense.

Kaine is quoted as saying "Terri was a great person when we met."

Kaine is quoted as saying "Terri was a great person when we met."

And Kaine has also said she is not the person he thought he knew...or something similar.

How many of us have X's who at the beginning of our relationships thought they were just the best and years later upon peeling back the layers of the onion...reveal their sinister sides were there all along?

Body images also have been know to change when individuals are or about to cheat. They take greater interest in their appearances.

Just saying it's possible...

Didn't read thru this whole thread and not entirely sure of the relevance altogether, but fwiw:

I believe Kaine mentioned in his list of non-scripts that Terri was taking Fat Burners and other OTCs, in larger quantities than indicated on the label, and NOT steroids.

When you say FAT BURNERS are you talking about the med(s) that enable any fat you eat to go right through you? It comes out with your stool and is orange and greasy, all the time. Sometimes oozes out w/o you actually sitting on the commode to have a BM. My daughter was prescribed them and took them only a short while due to the grose factor. She ended up losing a lot of weight but it was due to being put on Adderal as part of her drug regimen for bi-polar. The adderal enables her to be awake and moving all day to counteract all the "downers" she has to take for the bi polar. She has been heavy all her life, she was always "the fat kid", and she now looks FAN-tastic weighs around 160 (large bone structure, is 5'9") and she is proud as a peacock and I don;t blame her. She has weighed as much as 230, so...
Anyway, are they the fat burners you are referring to? Or do they have OTC stuff now?

IMO, body wise, the one photo of TH, yeah, she looks a little too buff to be steroid free. I know two women who are, or i should say were, professional body builders. they both took steroids. i worked with one of the women briefly after she was busted for illegal steroid (distribution, i believe). she was national at one time.

Steroids are hormones and we all know how hormones can affect mood.

There was no drug testing even for the pros at the competition Terri took part in. She was only an amateur anyway and no amateur contest like that would ever drug test.

I'd like to add that stimulants (otc & illegal) will certainly reap the same effect and/or even amplify those moods to increased irritability & rage.

It would be interesting to know IF Terri was using any kind of stimulants in the days & months prior to June 4th since there have been reports (heresay) that she had a renewed interest in bodybuilding.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

Terri talked to the couple about wanting to become a manager in the high-tech industry where Alanen worked. She also said she had been a bodybuilder and planned to return to intensive workouts at some point.

Kaine said she was taking some kind of stimulants and doing overloads (not his word) of aspirin and ibuprofen.
How does high doses of aspirin/ibuprofen assist in losing weight and/or building muscle? Anyone know?

Interesting that KH volunteered info how TH was consuming stimulants, aspirin, and ibuprofen but when questioned by reporters as too whether or not TH had been compliant with PPD meds he said he did not know. IIRC, the BB ended 2005/2006. Being dx with PPD was much more recent yet he was unable to confirm details relating to her dx and treatment.

Interesting that KH volunteered info how TH was consuming stimulants, aspirin, and ibuprofen but when questioned by reporters as too whether or not TH had been compliant with PPD meds he said he did not know. IIRC, the BB ended 2005/2006. Being dx with PPD was much more recent yet he was unable to confirm details relating to her dx and treatment.

Welcome fellow Canadian! :moose:

I did not see your first posts!

I've lost as much weight at as rapid a pace as Terri did 3 times in my life, after each child and once when I got fat. I sure didn't take any medicines of any kind.
Just dieted and went to the gym for aerobics and weight lifting. However, I just got thin and toned, I didn't develop huge muscles. I'm not sure how you do that. Maybe lift really heavy weights? So, anyway, I know weight can be lost that rapidly in a healthy way, but I'm not sure about the muscle building. That may require a supplement of some kind.

I have been reading allot about the competition etc.
With all the time devoted to just getting ready for this, who watched Kyron?
Was Kyron at the gym day care all day?
There is tanning, waxing, working out, chosing outfit, special diet.
He would of been 2yrs old in 2005 right?
Who watched baby K while TH did her thing? sexting, gym,computer,drinking
planning all this?
Both children neglected in a way???

Why would the children be neglected just because their mother had an interest in something outside the home? They do have a father who is perfectly capable of taking care of his children. Maybe its just me but I think it is healthy for a woman, whether she is a stay at home mom or has a career outside the home, to participate in activities outside the home. Men too. Everyone should have some 'me' time. I don't think most people spend 24/7 doting on their children.

Why would the children be neglected just because their mother had an interest in something outside the home? They do have a father who is perfectly capable of taking care of his children. Maybe its just me but I think it is healthy for a woman, whether she is a stay at home mom or has a career outside the home, to participate in activities outside the home. Men too. Everyone should have some 'me' time. I don't think most people spend 24/7 doting on their children.

I think what passionflower was trying to get at , is the long hours that go into getting ready for competition and where was Kyron while this was being done. Kaine had a job, was he supposed to quit work while terry went to the gym and every thing else involved in competition, I don't think it can be accomplished doing it a few hours in the eve. JMO

have always believed in 'ME' time..........to me it made me relax and be a better mom.
What I am saying is from reading about body building........gym time can be hours a day (6-8) then suntan parlor for the bronze look, shopping and having costumes made for the try out, the practises.
Kyron would of only been 2/3 years old at the time.
Her son "J" would of been 9/10 yr. old then.
Kaine worked.
TH would be sore, tired, dieting and maybe mds that made her nervous?......it was beyond 'ME' time IMO

I think what passionflower was trying to get at , is the long hours that go into getting ready for competition and where was Kyron while this was being done. Kaine had a job, was he supposed to quit work while terry went to the gym and every thing else involved in competition, I don't think it can be accomplished doing it a few hours in the eve. JMO

Well it isn't as though kids couldn't be present when she was doing most of the things she would need to do. Meal preparation is something that people do in front of their kids about three times a day. She can tan at night when her husband is at home with the kids. Having a job doesn't mean you can't take care of your kids in the evening. BTW, J was probably in school part of the day, Kyron may have been in pre-school and little baby K has only been alive for 18 months or so, chances are TH wasn't preparing for competition since then. Most gyms with daycare have strict limits on how long a child can be left so it isn't as though she was dropping them off and spending all day body building.

From what has been revealed I don't think Terri concerns herself with too much of anything other than what Terri wants...She doesn't seem to have a problem with putting herself first...JMO

have always believed in 'ME' time..........to me it made me relax and be a better mom.
What I am saying is from reading about body building........gym time can be hours a day (6-8) then suntan parlor for the bronze look, shopping and having costumes made for the try out, the practises.
Kyron would of only been 2/3 years old at the time.
Her son "J" would of been 9/10 yr. old then.
Kaine worked.
TH would be sore, tired, dieting and maybe mds that made her nervous?......it was beyond 'ME' time IMO

I get what you're saying and I can understand why you might feel like it was a lot of time. There have been times in my life where I was heavily involved in one project or another and my work and childcare responsibilities didn't change but you don't spend 6-8 straight hours a day doing something. Most things you do as part of your normal routine and if your family is behind you they support you any way you need them to. I'm sure KH supported TH and pitched in for the few extra hours she might need to do something that a child could not be part of.

IMO, TH may not have spent all that much time at her activity anyhow. From what I see she came in last in her competition.

From what has been revealed I don't think Terri concerns herself with too much of anything other than what Terri wants...She doesn't seem to have a problem with putting herself first...JMO

I must have missed it. What has been revealed that would indicate she put herself first?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back