The Backyard

IIRC, his father willed the house to his elderly mother. He doesn't own it or the land. He and Nancy had moved in with her.

So she took care of taxes, bills and upkeep I guess?

PS, did she know about Jaycee? And where is she?

This is just IMO only. But just looking at the pictures, there is something major wrong here. This is not the home of a tent preacher (esp one with such a weird message) and it isn't the home of someone who does printing in their garage. This is the home of someone who had either a regular income or access to money. Or who may have been getting money under the table. Big house, several outbuildings and two big lots.

I hate to say it, but whenever I hear sex offender and computer, well you all know what I am thinking.

According to Zillow, the last sale of the house was in 1979 for $68,000. PG was in prison from 77-88, but I have a hunch his parents bought the house and he and NG moved into it and manipulated themselves into holding the title.

A 3 BR, 1 BA home on a 12,000+ square foot lot in Antioch appreciated in value over the years, all the way up to around $460,000 in early 2006, which is when this area started seeing the real estate decline.

I'm not defending this freak (the comment about computer & his being a SO), just trying to explain that this snake most likely re-financed the property. Like a lot of homeowners around here, he could have done it every few years as values increased, pulling out cash equity every time. We noticed the house appears to have a fairly new roof on it, he probably justified one or two re-fi's for home improvement purposes, and who knows what else.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1554-Walnut-Ave-Antioch-CA-94509/18295462_zpid/

IDK. Maybe JBean can look up the property tax info and see if it's been paid and is current.
What ought to happen to the mother is for Adult Protective Services to take custody of her and place her in a nursing home that has a locked-unit for Alzheimer's.

IIRC, his father willed the house to his elderly mother. He doesn't own it or the land. He and Nancy had moved in with her.

He still would have re-financed. Tim Allen, owner of East County Glass, has gone on record on the freak's blog and elsewhere that Garrido forged Allen's signature on those affadavits that appear on PG's blog. I could see PG & NG easily forging loan docs as well.

According to Zillow, the last sale of the house was in 1979 for $68,000. PG was in prison from 77-88, but I have a hunch his parents bought the house and he and NG moved into it and manipulated themselves into holding the title.

A 3 BR, 1 BA home on a 12,000+ square foot lot in Antioch appreciated in value over the years, all the way up to around $460,000 in early 2006, which is when this area started seeing the real estate decline.

I'm not defending this freak (the comment about computer & his being a SO), just trying to explain that this snake most likely re-financed the property. Like a lot of homeowners around here, he could have done it every few years as values increased, pulling out cash equity every time. We noticed the house appears to have a fairly new roof on it, he probably justified one or two re-fi's for home improvement purposes, and who knows what else.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1554-Walnut-Ave-Antioch-CA-94509/18295462_zpid/

Even if he was living on the equity of the home and using his mom's money to pay the bills, I still have a feeling that there is going to be some type of paying *advertiser censored* here.

I found where when he was picked up for a rape in the 1970's, he was found with a movie projector. And he had 'decorated' the crime scene by putting up rugs. So I don't know if it is going to be child *advertiser censored* or snuff films, but I have a feeling there will be some link to *advertiser censored* in this, and that he somehow profits from it.

Contra Costa County Property Tax & Payment InformationAccount Summary Assessor's Parcel Number(APN): 051-072-0071 Today's Date: 08/29/2009 Property Location(Situs): 1554 WALNUT AVE , ANTIOCH Current Tax Year Information
TO PAY BOTH 1ST AND 2ND INSTALLMENTS TOGETHER, SELECT THE PAY BUTTON FOR THE 2ND INSTALLMENTBill Type
Installment Bill Number
Due DateBill
AmountBill
Balance Payment
Status09/10Secured Taxes Available Sept 17,2009 REDEMPTION2004-07330 $6,702.44$6,702.44View Bill THRU 08/31/2009 SUBTOTAL$6,702.44$6,702.44 *Amounts may include additional penalty and interest if past-due.The balance due, including any penalty, is as of :.
Posting occur at minimum weekly. Payments processed are posted through:.
For prior year tax information on this property please refer to Prior Tax Year Information.
CURRENT ASSESSMENT INFORMATIONas of January 1, 2008 Land
$27,033
Improve
$87,898
PP
$0
Gross
$114,931
Exemption
$7,000
Taxable
$107,931
Exemption Type
HOMEOWNERS Tax Rate Area
53026 Last Transfer Date

Wow what horrible conditions. I couldnt help but notice some childrens toys and a small childs chair in the pictures. Wouldnt that stuff be a little outdated for the ages of her children? Does that mean there are more children that were around?

I just don't understand how the close neighbors didn't hear those children playing on that trampoline and in the pool.

And, I keep looking at those backyard compound photos and I think the neighbors had to have been able to see those blue tarps.

Back to study those photos a bit more.

Lady Sleuth
jmho

Wow what horrible conditions. I couldnt help but notice some childrens toys and a small childs chair in the pictures. Wouldnt that stuff be a little outdated for the ages of her children? Does that mean there are more children that were around?

I didn't see anything specifically that struck me as a young child or toddler aged toy. That one chair was kind of small but if the 11 year old was the size of an 8 year old as one report suggested it would certainly be big enough for her. Also the mentality of the children could be that of a much younger child after what they have been through. The only item I saw that seemed for a younger child was a stuffed animal of some kind but it looked worn and like the type of thing that a baby gets attached to and sleeps with every night until they are much older. My 11 year old daughter still sleeps with her stuffed bunny (although she doesn't want anyone to know anymore).

I wonder who all the cat items belong to. It seems like one of the 3 was very much interested in cats.

I thought I seen what appeared to be a highchair cover in one of the photos.

I just don't understand how the close neighbors didn't hear those children playing on that trampoline and in the pool.

And, I keep looking at those backyard compound photos and I think the neighbors had to have been able to see those blue tarps.

Back to study those photos a bit more.

Lady Sleuth
jmho

Some reported they did see children in there but didn't think much of it. Even knowing he was a sex offender one person said they thought it was ok because they knew he must be being monitored. I am trying to find the article where I read this.
Found it, an excerpt:
"She knew children were living with him, but she says she figured he was a registered sex offender who was being checked up on by law enforcement."
Link:
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/08/29/us/AP-US-Gone-for-18-Years.html?pagewanted=2

I thought I seen what appeared to be a highchair cover in one of the photos.

The only thing I see that might be what you are seeing is an ironing board with a cover that has a picture from a kid's movie on it, a Disney movie I think although I don't know which one. Is that it or am I missing something? It's photo #6

Okay, call me confused but, where is it written that a common everyday registered sex offender can not be around children.
UNLESS, the crime/s the person was convicted of were crimes against a child, I don't think it automatically means they can't be around children.
I could be wrong.
Of course, prudent parents with children would probably not like to have their kids around any sex offender.
The requirement not to be around children is a standard court order that comes upon conviction now. It may be modified if there is some kind of necessity but that modification would be written into the order and include safety measures for the children like not being alone with them.

The property records indicate the property is about 1/2 acre in size -- HELL'S HALF ACRE!

What is strange is 18 years is a very long time, and neighbors did complain, and he did have a parole officer drop in from time to time:
BUT - Why didn't they check the size of the lot so they can see that his property is 1/2 an acre. This was sloppy police work from the start.
God bless the officer who had the wisdom to look further. :blowkiss:

a swimming pool,toys,bikes and trampeline in back yard? and no one saw or heard kids???
Babies never cried? Someone had to know something in 18 years.
This is so evil...........

I noticed the bikes yet there was no place/room for the girls to ride them and since the girls were never let out of the compound (maybe just to accompany Monster Garrido) does anyone else think these might be the bikes of children he might have kidnapped like he did Jaycee?? I hope they are letting the parents of missing children to look at these bikes to see if they look familiar!!

According to Mail Online:

Ron said today that his mother has suffered from major dementia for around eight years.

So, I'm sure she has gone to live with a Family member or into an assisted living/alzheimer hospital.

According to Mail Online:

Ron said today that his mother has suffered from major dementia for around eight years.

So, I'm sure she has gone to live with a Family member or into an assisted living/alzheimer hospital.

It's been reported in multiple news reports that she is in a nursing home

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back