The bear, the pineapple and the size 12 bloomies...

gaia said:
I'm right there with you, Wenchie. Didn't quite get the drift of that house being something so cool to check out on a tour, but ya never know. Maybe the trees, ornaments and decorations were really terrific. Who knows? I gotta say, judging Patsy from what I've seen regarding the pictures of her house, her taste isn't something I'd go to any great lengths to see. Nope, the lady might have had to pay me to attend her open house. :razz:

If ya can't wow 'em with good taste, wow 'em with a dozen faux Christmas trees.

julia said:
I still think maybe the teddy bear could be a clue. Who knows?:slap:
Julia, Do you know if it was documented (other than possibly from "Patsy's recolectionm which I choose to discount as anything credible as evidence goes) that the bear had a heart on its paw or was this speculation from another poster here? Where did the 1st mention of the bear having a heart on its paw come from? If the bear had a heart on its paw and JBR also had a heart drawn on her hand at the time of her death... that makes the bear very significant, IMO.

wenchie said:
If ya can't wow 'em with good taste, wow 'em with a dozen faux Christmas trees.

Wow, you guys really need to read Death of Innocence by John and Patsy Ramsey. In one simple and not very long book you would have virtually all the answers to all the questions you've asked and mused about in this thread. In the meantime I'll try and remember what John and Patsy themselves had to say about this stuff in their book.

First I know the house was on the tour because it was a tour of historical houses in Boulder and this house was really old. I've been there and this house was way bigger than other houses around it because of all the additions and remodeling. Patsy actually had her Miss America pagent dress laid out on her bed during the tour.

Patsy was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer. I think JB was 3.

The actual amount of John Ramseys bonus was $118,117.50.

All of this info can be found in just about any book written on this case. Hope the info helped for today!

angelwngs said:
Pharlap, I have read that PR stated she bought the size 12 bloomies from Bloomingdales as a gift for her neice. She also bought a pack like them in JBR's size for her. "They" decided not to give the size 12 pack to the neice because JBR like them so much or because they just never made it to the neice... I believe that I read that PR said that JBR opened the pack herself which most likely would have required scissors or a knife or something of the like to have opened the tough, thick packaging. As far as I have read the 'when and where' of these decissions and the actual opening of them and storage of them after their opening was not explained by PR. JBR had a pair of the size 12 bloomies on at the time her body was found. To my knowledge, no one ever recorded where the remaining undies from the pack were. (missing, in JBR's drawer, still in the pack lying out on her dressing table, or in the dirty clothes???) The remaining pack seems to have been considered unimportant enough to have ever recorded its whereabouts or maybe considered Very Important, as the murderer may have taken the rest of them as a 'trophy' and the LE never released this information...???

The 118,000+ bonus check stub has been said, to have been available in the home 'office' for anyone plundering about to have seen.

Who knows???... If only they had a rewind button and could actually secure the crime scene and redo the blunders... No...!!! Rewind and prevent the whole tragedy!!!
Thanks for the info, but it just seems strange a stranger would get the undies and pay amount, inless, well if someone wanted to frame someone else get the heat away from themself's....only my opinion.....

trixie said:
Wow, you guys really need to read Death of Innocence by John and Patsy Ramsey. In one simple and not very long book you would have virtually all the answers to all the questions you've asked and mused about in this thread. In the meantime I'll try and remember what John and Patsy themselves had to say about this stuff in their book.

First I know the house was on the tour because it was a tour of historical houses in Boulder and this house was really old. I've been there and this house was way bigger than other houses around it because of all the additions and remodeling. Patsy actually had her Miss America pagent dress laid out on her bed during the tour.

Patsy was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer. I think JB was 3.

The actual amount of John Ramseys bonus was $118,117.50.

All of this info can be found in just about any book written on this case. Hope the info helped for today!

I read DOI (although it was a long time ago). A house is no longer "historical" once it's been extensively remodeled and modernized the way the Ramsey's house was. It was BIG, period. It certainly wasn't ANYTHING that a person who is interested in historic architecture and furnishings would be interested in. In fact, it would probably be their worst nightmare.

angelwngs said:
Julia, Do you know if it was documented (other than possibly from "Patsy's recolectionm which I choose to discount as anything credible as evidence goes) that the bear had a heart on its paw or was this speculation from another poster here? Where did the 1st mention of the bear having a heart on its paw come from? If the bear had a heart on its paw and JBR also had a heart drawn on her hand at the time of her death... that makes the bear very significant, IMO.

There were alot of rumors early on in this case and one of the rumors was started and spread by no less than Pam Paugh, Patsy's sister. There is a little pouch attached to the belt of this bear and she said there was a note in there from JB's killer. It was hogwash. I don't remember anything about there being a heart on it's paw. The santa bear has been explained and explained and explained. It is not a clue in this case. Of course who do we have on TV still talking about the Santa bear again these days? Pam Paugh! Anyway, the bear was a gift or a prize given to JB at one of the pagents she was at. The pagent directer came forward and told the DA where she purchased them and how many she purchesed, etc. No big bear mystery and definetly not a clue in her murder.

trixie, can you check your DOI book and see if Patsy writes about opening that pack of size 12 panties that night after Jonbenet wet the bed?

I feel certain that this is where I read it, but it's been a long time and I read too many boards!

wenchie said:
I read DOI (although it was a long time ago). A house is no longer "historical" once it's been extensively remodeled and modernized the way the Ramsey's house was. It was BIG, period. It certainly wasn't ANYTHING that a person who is interested in historic architecture and furnishings would be interested in. In fact, it would probably be their worst nightmare.

LOL! I'm sure that's true! I'm just telling you what is in DOI about it.

wenchie said:
trixie, can you check your DOI book and see if Patsy writes about opening that pack of size 12 panties that night after Jonbenet wet the bed?

I feel certain that this is where I read it, but it's been a long time and I read too many boards!

wenchie, Patsy has been saying for almost 10 years in any way she can that Jonbenet did not wet her bed that night. She says it in all the police interviews and in the book. She has stood by that since Dec.26,1996. In the Atlanta interviews in 2000 she was questioned extensively about the panties and she said she firmly believes Jonbenet opened that package herself and put them on herself. Do you want a link to the interview? Pretty interesting reading.

trixie said:
wenchie, Patsy has been saying for almost 10 years in any way she can that Jonbenet did not wet her bed that night. She says it in all the police interviews and in the book. She has stood by that since Dec.26,1996. In the Atlanta interviews in 2000 she was questioned extensively about the panties and she said she firmly believes Jonbenet opened that package herself and put them on herself. Do you want a link to the interview? Pretty interesting reading.
Trixie, I do want the link to that interview, please. (And I will buy and read DOI as well. I followed the case when it happened and have recently read bunches of message boards but there is still lots I've forgotten or never heard. I never bought any books about the case.) Thank you for all of your answers and for your help!

Aha! I'm going on very early reports, then.

I remember that the shirt she had worn the night before was wet and bundled up in the bathroom - and some other evidences of a wet bed that night.

angelwngs said:
Trixie, I do want the link to that interview, please. (And I will buy and read DOI as well. I followed the case when it happened and have recently read bunches of message boards but there is still lots I've forgotten or never heard. I never bought any books about the case.) Thank you for all of your answers and for your help!

You're welcome! Here ya go: http://www..jonbenetindexguide.com/2000ATL-Patsy-Interview-volume-I.txt

wenchie said:
Aha! I'm going on very early reports, then.

I remember that the shirt she had worn the night before was wet and bundled up in the bathroom - and some other evidences of a wet bed that night.
I thought the detectives said they noticed the 'smell' of urine when examining around her bed in her room.

angelwngs said:
I thought the detectives said they noticed the 'smell' of urine when examining around her bed in her room.
From memory they did smell urine but the sheets were dry and made of polyester hence the quick dry.

angelwngs said:
Thanks a Bunch, Trixie!

angelwngs i just tried the link I gave you and got "bad gateway". Are you getting in?

kazzbar said:
From memory they did smell urine but the sheets were dry and made of polyester hence the quick dry.
Humm.. Ployester Sheets in your princess daughter's room... Yet another contrasting image for the Perfect Life... Perfect picture... I bet the Masterbedroom sheets had 600+ thread count...

trixie said:
angelwngs i just tried the link I gave you and got "bad gateway". Are you getting in?
Nope. I can't get it to open either. I just copied it and was about to try it from google instead of thru WB's, but I doubt it will make a difference....

angelwngs said:
Nope. I can't get it to open either. I just copied it and was about to try it from google instead of thru WB's, but I doubt it will make a difference....

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/legalstuff.htm
Try this. It's www.acandyrose.com site, for the "legal stuff. Patsys interview is about 3/4 down under year 2000. It says somehting like Patsy interview/Kane/Levin. Lots of other good reading on this page. Have you checked out this site yet? It's a must!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back