The Lights are OUT!

This is what I see for you Liz,
picture.php

So it still looks like a cookie or cache issue.

Not sure I know how to clean cookies or cache.
Think I cleaned my cookies once, maybe by accident. lol

I'm not puter savvy, to say the least.
But you've all probably figured that out by now.

See, I knew it. I'm not normal.
Maybe I should just revel in it. lol
Being different is .... well, different.

I think this is a first. Our dear is stumped. Now you've done it, Liz. :eek:

Hello Liz,

if you're using Internet Explorer 6 go to the Tools menu, click Internet Options. The Internet Options box should open to the General tab.
On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete Files button & the Delete Cookies button.

If you're using Internet Explorer 7
1. Click on Tools.
2. Click on the first link Delete Browsing History...
3. Click Delete cookies...
4. When prompted, click Yes.
5. Next, click on Delete Files...
6. When prompted, click Yes
7. Click the Close button
8. Restart the browser for the changes to go into effect.

Hope that helps.

I did all that.
Ran all scans.
Same blue lights for everyone.
:(

It's bright green, just like my light and everyone else's that's signed in here *should* be.

I appreciate everyone's help.

Nope. I was responding to 's post #58. Lights are still blue for me.
wah wah

I tried to do a system restore but it didn't restore correctly. Maybe because I had some windows open? I dunno. I'm not puter savvy at all.

I have an idea! I can try my webtv, and I bet it will be fine.

Nope - she's on dialup and I bet her dialup provider has their own cache setup. The cached version of the GIF file is the wrong one. Bu making a copy of it on the server and therefore forcing her ISP to retrieve it fresh because they had never retrieved it before, they went directly to the WS server and got the correct picture.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get her ISP to force a cache reload on their dialup "web accelerator" setup.

So that's not anything she can do from home w/her ISP, it has to come from the website? Interesting.

I'm on my webtv now and everyone's lights are as they should be ... bright green. Weird, my light was green before I even signed in. (Unless I'm still signed in on the computer but how could that be when I had to disconnect to get on webtv!?)

Aye, yay, yay ...I'm going :crazy:

No - it IS something she can do. She does not know how, or she would have done it already. I'm trying to find out how for her.

Ah, gotcha. You'll have to remember this one because you know it will happen to someone else!

I'm on my webtv now and everyone's lights are as they should be ... bright green. Weird, my light was green before I even signed in. (Unless I'm still signed in on the computer but how could that be when I had to disconnect to get on webtv!?)

Aye, yay, yay ...I'm going :crazy:
Dunno how you're set up over there hon.

Today I logged in from my daughter's house, maybe I should have cleared my history on my SIL's puter :eek:

If Liz has to contact her isp to do this it'll probably take them forever to do it.

Don't do system restores.

Too late. Already started it before I saw your message. :( Bummer.

And I'll bet your WebTV will work just fine.

Yep and it's the same ISP. Weird.

I don't know anything about WebTV so this is probably a stupid or maybe not even relevant question. Does your WebTV use the same modem that your pc does?

Well lucky me, I guess! :)

System restore did not complete successfully. My computer's files and settings were not changed due to an unspecified error.

Going to switch back to puter.
This dinosaur is soooo slooooowwwww!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500