The message on the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that was an iron-clad door.

I found the image. It's definitely not the bedroom door, but it's also not listed on the SW inventory.

https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/saVbabi

I know we discussed this item previously and whether it might be a mirror. I still see what looks like some sort of frame type that is not covered on the right end. So it's strange if this item is not listed on the SW?

I know we discussed this item previously and whether it might be a mirror. I still see what looks like some sort of frame type that is not covered on the right end. So it's strange if this item is not listed on the SW?

I agree, Deanna.

I remember the media (forget which outlet) also reported seeing a large painting or mirror being removed from the house.

I found an article from July 13 that mentions the "painting".

10News reporter Rachel Bianco said that investigators removed an outdoor table with a missing leg, what appeared to be a large painting and a full evidence bag from the home Thursday morning.

http://www.10news.com/news/28534601/detail.html

I found an article from July 13 that mentions the "painting".

10News reporter Rachel Bianco said that investigators removed an outdoor table with a missing leg, what appeared to be a large painting and a full evidence bag from the home Thursday morning.

http://www.10news.com/news/28534601/detail.html

..here it's referred to it as a picture frame or mirror.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/...ence-from-the-spreckels-mansion#photo-7000853

Officials from the San Diego County Sheriff's Department's homicide unit were seen carrying two brown paper bags from the oceanfront residence in the morning, along with a three-legged table and a mirror or a picture frame.

..it's definitely something, and it's definitely not listed on the S/W as it should be.

So now we have two media sources that reported seeing a large framed object (painting or mirror) being removed from the residence.

Hmmmm... where is this object now, and why wasn't it listed on the SW inventory?

ETA: Perhaps it was listed in another search warrant - the one related to MS? Guess where I'm off to? Ha!

Okay - I just checked SW #41290 (the SW related to MS, which was executed by Officer Adkins, on 7/15/11 @ 11:10 p.m.) and there is no mention on the inventory list of a large framed painting or mirror.

Okay. This is total speculation on my part, so take it for what its worth.

Callie posted a terrific link yesterday in the "photos only" thread (thank you Callie!) to 88 pictures of the house. I didn't see a date for them, but they look like a marketing campaign by a realtor. The photos are all beautiful (but WHAT is with that salmon-colored kitchen???) and very interesting. Love that chair on the stair landing...

While I can't say for sure which room is what, the photos seem to progress through the house in a logical way. Number 51 looks like "the" bedroom; the door matches the one LE showed us; there is a white wicker chair, and the French doors are clearly shown. The next two pictures show the view from the Juliette balcony :)eek:).

Photo 83, apparently a room in the guest house, shows an artist's easel supporting what looks to me to be an unfinished canvas.

Now go back to photo #44, the "blue" bedroom. Here is "the" bed, and another white wicker chair. See that painting, of a nude, sitting woman with long black hair? It looks like the right size to match the covered item LE removed as evidence.

Again, I don't know if I'm right about any of this, but go see what you think.

http://www.previewfirst.com/mls/photos/1349

All i can say about the pics is that butt loads of money doesn't buy taste.:floorlaugh:

Callie posted a terrific link yesterday in the "photos only" thread (thank you Callie!) to 88 pictures of the house. I didn't see a date for them, but they look like a marketing campaign by a realtor. The photos are all beautiful (but WHAT is with that salmon-colored kitchen???) and very interesting. Love that chair on the stair landing...

While I can't say for sure which room is what, the photos seem to progress through the house in a logical way. Number 51 looks like "the" bedroom; the door matches the one LE showed us; there is a white wicker chair, and the French doors are clearly shown. The next two pictures show the view from the Juliette balcony :)eek:).

Photo 83, apparently a room in the guest house, shows an artist's easel supporting what looks to me to be an unfinished canvas.

Now go back to photo #44, the "blue" bedroom. Here is "the" bed, and another white wicker chair. See that painting, of a nude, sitting woman with long black hair? It looks like the right size to match the covered item LE removed as evidence.

Wowzers!! It most certainly is the right size. Hmmm.

I agree the size of the picture looks right and that sure looks like the same bed and wicker chair.. It would certainly be interesting to know a date when these pics were taken.

That's an understatement! Per the decorating....wth?
LOL that was my first thought, too; it looks like somebody 100 years old lives there, and still has the same stuff they started with! If you look a little closer, you will see some quality stuff (is that a Monet over the fireplace?
c035.gif
) but I do think a lot of the furnishings like a rental, which I suppose makes some sense. And they probably are trying to stay "period" with the color scheme...at least, I hope so.

All i can say about the pics is that butt loads of money doesn't buy taste.:floorlaugh:

These pictures are from before JS bought it. And the previous sale IIRC was in 1983(?). And in the 1980's, this was fabulous taste!

PS And if that is a picture of a nekkid lady, she is probably getting her senior discounts at the local theater by now. Can't be RZ.

LOL that was my first thought, too; it looks like somebody 100 years old lives there, and still has the same stuff they started with! If you look a little closer, you will see some quality stuff (is that a Monet over the fireplace?
c035.gif
) but I do think a lot of the furnishings like a rental, which I suppose makes some sense. And they probably are trying to stay "period" with the color scheme...at least, I hope so.

Coastal,I am impressed as you are very VERY diplomatic!!!:floorlaugh:

I would have to say that the house was bought furnished for 2 reasons. 1. it is a summer home. 2. there is still furniture in the home that are in those photos such as the bed in the guest bedroom during Rebecca's death, it was in another room when bought (the house) and moved to that guest room.

I honestly hope that the gaudy, ugly purple dining room table was promptly taken out of the home before Jonah and family stayed for any period of time. I can not believe that that table was ever "in style".

Thanks for pointing out things. I got chills seeing these pics. The bed, and yes, the nude that has a posture that reminds me of ankles bound and arms behind. Why would LE take that painting? They say no painting, no mirror, just a door. :waitasec:

So now we have two media sources that reported seeing a large framed object (painting or mirror) being removed from the residence.

Hmmmm... where is this object now, and why wasn't it listed on the SW inventory?

..i realize they can't pack up the entire house and take everything---but, given that detective patterson asks for 'items that could cause blunt force trauma'-------why on earth did they not take that dog chew toy that was right there ( those things are seriously solid.)--and could have caused the 4 subgaleal hemorrhages to her scalp that M.E. lucas omitted bringing up at all at the PC..

--and----the largest piece of evidence in the "crime room"----the over-turned chair and blanket??

..and then they DO take something..(the picture frame/mirror) and fail to itemize it on the S/W.

..and do they wonder why we doubt their "iron-clad" closed case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror