The Padillas, assumptions, LE, etc.

Really? Didn't Tony Padilla say in his thread here at WS that Leonard works well with LE??? I know I read that somewhere...
Yes and I would have to say this is true. Most bounty hunters I know personally do work have a good working relationship with LE.

The laws are not black and white for bounty hunters and they can do things that would put LE across the line many times over...which is part of the reason the gray area is left open for them. They are going after criminals to return them to jail by using whatever means neccessary to do so. This is a huge benefit to LE and the prosecution in any case where a defendant takes off. No bounty hunter works for LE! WITH is a different story. There are times when they are required to inform LE and have them present for a take down, if I remember correctly.

In one of the first interviews after Jose got involved Cindy said that they were not paying for her atty. She was asked who was and answered "Don't worry about it."

Which statement is an "Untruth"?

She said "Don't worry about it" not "We are not".

In one of the first interviews after Jose got involved Cindy said that they were not paying for her atty. She was asked who was and answered "Don't worry about it."

Which statement is an "Untruth"?
While this isn't the correct thread to discuss this, please tell me when we started believing that anything out of Cindy Anthony's mouth was the truth and nothing but the truth?! :waitasec: I obviously did not get that memo.

I just can't figure out what purpose there is in releasing Casey to house arrest. What good will it do? Who does it benefit besides Casey? If she is not willing to talk while in isolation, then she certainly is not going to be truthful once she is at home.

The only thing that will come of her release is monetary gain and notoriety for those surrounding her. How does that help Caylee?

Will Casey be allowed internet access, telephone access, and/or visitors? Will she be suffering even half as much as she is while isolated in jail? Will she be stuck eating bologna sandwiches any more?

I think it is ridiculous for anyone, other than her own family members, to give her the benefit of being out of jail. If I had the money I would put it towards organized searches, and definitely not using to benefit a mother who is not willing to let her own baby rest in peace.

she will be around constant reminders of caylee if she has any type of remorse it would come out where she lived with her child .. she hadnt been living there after her child disappeared that i know of she was there but not constantly .. sometimes surroundings will affect how someone behaves if she changes in any way cries alot ect breaks down ect .. while in jail she is detatched from all that she isnt around her childs toys clothes or bedding that has the babys scent .

While I don't feel we owe anything to a family that will continually lie and cover up for any wrongdoing in this case, we do owe it to Caylee as she is the innocent victim here. The child can't help the family she was born into and she deserves justice for being tossed away like some insignificant plaything of Casey's. 31 days says that dead or alive, the Anthonys all allowed it to happen and continue.

Thank you so much for posting this SeriouslySearching. I was just on the verge of posting the same thing.

This is about what is owed to CAYLEE and no one else.

she will be around constant reminders of caylee if she has any type of remorse it would come out where she lived with her child .. she hadnt been living there after her child disappeared that i know of she was there but not constantly .. sometimes surroundings will affect how someone behaves if she changes in any way cries alot ect breaks down ect .. while in jail she is detatched from all that she isnt around her childs toys clothes or bedding that has the babys scent .

I can hold a bit of hope for that reaction from her, but not much. She has been partying for a month for goodness sake. I am not thinking that she doesn't care about what happened to Caylee, I just think that she cares about her own life more. She will nt give up the opportunity of walking away unscathed.

She said "Don't worry about it" not "We are not".

I have been searching for the video and cannot find it. She said they were not paying for him, that he would be paid and don't worry about it when asked who was.

I can hold a bit of hope for that reaction from her, but not much. She has been partying for a month for goodness sake. I am not thinking that she doesn't care about what happened to Caylee, I just think that she cares about her own life more. She will nt give up the opportunity of walking away unscathed.
i understand what you mean .. but the partying still stopped her from being around the reminders . caylee wasnt with her when she partied at least i hope not . that could be why she was out partying . or you could be right she just doesnt care for caylee more :frown:

Why does Padilla feel that bailing out Casey will help locate Caylee? Is he under the assumption that Casey will talk and tell the truth if she is OUT of jail? If so, why does he think that? Her history speaks differently.

Padilla stated he and his uncle just want to find Caylee. How does bailing Casey out help accomplish this? I'm really confused.

Who is going to pay the Padilla's back their 500,000 should something go wrong?

Why does Padilla feel that bailing out Casey will help locate Caylee? Is he under the assumption that Casey will talk and tell the truth if she is OUT of jail? If so, why does he think that? Her history speaks differently.

Padilla stated he and his uncle just want to find Caylee. How does bailing Casey out help accomplish this? I'm really confused.

Who is going to pay the Padilla's back their 500,000 should something go wrong?

I'm with Olive as in this whole new situation is very confusing to me in the parts that are being played out by the professionals involved in this case.

First of all there is Casey's lawyer who has hired two detectives. IMO they would be the ones to run a counter investigation for the defense. Baez is all about Casey and is making sure she doesn't talk. Now the angle with the Padilla's from Baez's standpoint would be for Tony to post the bail yet Leonard is a bounty hunter whose purpose I believe is to track down fugitives who have jumped bail. Not to attach themselves to the subject and try and get info. No way the lawyer is going to consent to that part of it.

I'm having a hard time understanding how any of this benefits finding Caylee. :waitasec:

Is Leonard going to work in conjunction with Baez's investigators? Finding Caylee is the ideal solution to all of this and everyone involved but suppose it doesn't work out that way? Where does that put any evidence if any put Leonard?

I'm with Olive as in this whole new situation is very confusing to me in the parts that are being played out by the professionals involved in this case.

First of all there is Casey's lawyer who has hired two detectives. IMO they would be the ones to run a counter investigation for the defense. Baez is all about Casey and is making sure she doesn't talk. Now the angle with the Padilla's from Baez's standpoint would be for Tony to post the bail yet Leonard is a bounty hunter whose purpose I believe is to track down fugitives who have jumped bail. Not to attach themselves to the subject and try and get info. No way the lawyer is going to consent to that part of it.

I'm having a hard time understanding how any of this benefits finding Caylee. :waitasec:

Is Leonard going to work in conjunction with Baez's investigators? Finding Caylee is the ideal solution to all of this and everyone involved but suppose it doesn't work out that way? Where does that put any evidence if any put Leonard?

My thoughts too! Which is why I posted the the theory I had as too why Mr. Baez would allow this to transpire. Please see my post in the Thoughts about Jose Baez Investigators.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2511699

I think getting her out is the only way to get her to talk. In jail she can hide and refuse visits. Her attorney is obviously not going to let her talk to LE. There's really no pressure to say anything.

Out of jail she will be forced to be around her family (and I guess possibly the Padillas!) on house arrest. I expect there will be some come-to-jesus discussions between her and the rest of the family. Even if she starts off lying, the more she talks, the more she will give away to them. I believe what Cindy said originally - that Cindy knows how to get things out of Casey.
I know many feel that the GPAs will just protect her at any cost but I don't believe that at all. I think they want to find Caylee.

The Padillas add another factor to the mix - they will certainly question her and the more she talks even if it much of it is lies, the more information will come out.

Casey does not seem like the suicidal type to me at all. Much more Scott Peterson then Melinda Duckett in terms of emotional makeup. I don't think that's a risk.

HMMMMM.... I suppose if LE ends up adding more charges to increase the bond, we'll know that LE is not behind this.

What would the journalist have to gain for making the connection? Book deals?

I don't think for a second that LE is behind this. As for the journalist's motive in making the connection, I guess it could be purely altruistic if they believe Casey might talk to her family or others if she were out of jail. Or, knowing that the resulting publicity would be huge, it could have been done to reap the ratings benefit via "exclusive" interviews and inside info, or just to keep viewership interest with a new, big development. I can easily see Geraldo doing something like this...I just hope it wasn't Greta. :eek:

I really think it's best for Casey to stay in jail and LE to continue their investigation and whatever plans they may have to get to the truth. I'm sure Leonard Padilla does have experience with hardened criminals -- criminals far more dangerous and unbreakable than Casey -- but in all fairness, so does LE, on a everyday basis.

That being said, Mr. Padilla can ask, say and do things that LE by law cannot. I have serious doubts he can get anything from Casey, but if he posts her bail and gets something useful from her, then thank God! I have to wonder, though, how going on national TV and saying his intention is to make Casey talk could in any way benefit his purported cause. Doesn't it defeat the purpose to let someone know that you're going to try to hoodwink them into telling you things? :waitasec:

Why would he not keep that to himself and state publicly that he believed Casey is innocent or that everyone has the right to bail if it's been set by the court? Wouldn't he then stand a much better chance of achieving what he claims to be his goal (helping Caylee)? This confuses me. He's not a stupid man, so what could his purpose be in blabbing to the nation that he's gonna get the truth outta Casey instead of at least pretending to be standing for her right to make bail so that she feels he's on her side?

My first instinct was that he might be in it solely for publicity, trying to appear to the public that he only wants to help Caylee so that he, himself, wouldn't be perceived as a bad guy for helping such a despised inmate; that if he didn't get anything from her, no big deal, at least he looked good for trying; and if he did get something from her, whoa boy -- icing on the cake -- what a celebrated hero he would be (and he really would be one!).

After reading Tony's comments, however, I'm trying to reconsider that position. Tony, for sure, seems very sincere in his claim that he only wants to help find Caylee and doesn't seem the type that would attach himself to such a publicity stunt. So maybe there is more going on here than meets the eye. I just don't know what it could be. I guess time will tell.

I just pray that anyone who might be involved for any reason other than getting to the truth of the matter and finding justice for Caylee will take a second look at things, re-examine their souls, and change their perspective so that no one's personal interests are put above those of darling little Caylee. :rose:

My thoughts too! Which is why I posted the the theory I had as too why Mr. Baez would allow this to transpire. Please see my post in the Thoughts about Jose Baez Investigators.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2511699

Interesting idea. Seems a little far fetched but who knows! I am also surprised that Baez supports the effort to bail her out because she is her own worst enemy when she starts talking and I don't think he's going to have any control over what she says. in jail he can have a lot more control.

While this isn't the correct thread to discuss this, please tell me when we started believing that anything out of Cindy Anthony's mouth was the truth and nothing but the truth?! :waitasec: I obviously did not get that memo.

You & me both.

Do half-truths or mis-truths count? :rolleyes:

That is a very good theory imo Clockwatcher and runs along the lines of my own theories of Pedophile rings and what Casey's role might be. That was a very big issue in the Madeline McCann case. Proof of human trafficking of all kinds have been proven over and over again whereas just a few years ago people wanted to believe it was a myth.

As for Casey's family getting anything out of her my opinion is that likely they may not even get to speak with her other than by phone. Cindy has already suggested a safe house for Casey and I think that's what will be arranged. They cannot go see her because they will lead the press right to her.

Interesting idea. Seems a little far fetched but who knows! I am also surprised that Baez supports the effort to bail her out because she is her own worst enemy when she starts talking and I don't think he's going to have any control over what she says. in jail he can have a lot more control.

Thank you for your thoughts Tuppence! I realize what I proposed would sound far fetched. It is a stretch!

However, what defense attorney would agree to release his client into a situation where there was a very real possibility for self incrimination? I'm reasonably sure Mr. Baez will not be a part of the "24/7" team, so how would he be able to prevent his client from providing information that could be used against her?

I think we all can agree there are plenty of confusing aspects to this case and the unexpected addition of the Padilla's floored me. Beside all the initial speculation as to the Padilla's motivation, I had to wonder why Mr. Baez wasn't making ANY protest for their involvement.

So will the home include The Anthony's, The Padillas & Baez?

Sorry, but I think it is a circus and although everyone claims to only want to find Caylee, it appears very disrespectful.

JMO. *waits for deletion*

So will the home include The Anthony's, The Padillas & Baez?

Sorry, but I think it is a circus and although everyone claims to only want to find Caylee, it appears very disrespectful.

JMO. *waits for deletion*

I seriously doubt Baez could care less about staying with the Anthonys, As far as Padilla i think if he wants to protect his investment then he better not trek to far from where Casey is. Baez is clearly here for the money and his client. He is a lawyer, nuff said. In MY opinion the Padillas are here to find Caylee/get Casey to confess. It does not appear they are gaining anything from this except a reputation which could help Padillas business. Tell me this? who can afford to do what Padillas are doing for free aside from family members? Who in the world could come into this case without getting media attention? So no matter what someone is gonna get attention from the media and possibly get paid for it. I think the padillas are genuine to the fact that they want to help. And yes im sure Leonard is happy to see the cameras. But it does not make him a criminal like some of the people here seem to make this guy out to be.

Sorry to run off topic from the quote but i just wanted to vent thanx much!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back