The Padillas, assumptions, LE, etc.

If I wanted to make up a scenario about the Padilla's involvement that might paint them in a bad light, it would go something like this...

They bail her out, and "watch" her carefully. She "manages" to escape their "vigilant supervision", and goes on the lam.

They "capture" her, and claim the reward....

All that bizarre insulting speculation aside, I pray they are as they present themselves, interested in helping to find Caylee.

Time will tell, friends. I do trust that LE will be watching the Padillos, and that the above scenario is just the stuff of an Oliver Stone conspiracy movie... or maybe one like "The Sting"!

So will the home include The Anthony's, The Padillas & Baez?

Sorry, but I think it is a circus and although everyone claims to only want to find Caylee, it appears very disrespectful.

JMO. *waits for deletion*

Well from another feistyoldbroad let me say I agree. This whole thing seems to be a diversion to take our minds off the real victim, Caylee. IMHO criminals should be kept in jails. I cannot and will not make a hero out of men who have done nothing to earn anyone's respect. They are people, like all of us..and nothing more.
Mark Klass...now there is a man to respect. IMO.
Let them take their money and organize a professional search. I feel like all of us are letting this poor child down because we are more interested in the drama surrounding the players in this case then the VICTIM. Please wake up world...A child is missing!!! God help us all.

If I wanted to make up a scenario about the Padilla's involvement that might paint them in a bad light, it would go something like this...

They bail her out, and "watch" her carefully. She "manages" to escape their "vigilant supervision", and goes on the lam.

They "capture" her, and claim the reward....

All that bizarre insulting speculation aside, I pray they are as they present themselves, interested in helping to find Caylee.

Time will tell, friends. I do trust that LE will be watching the Padillos, and that the above scenario is just the stuff of an Oliver Stone conspiracy movie... or maybe one like "The Sting"!

Well i believe anything is possible at any given time, but ask yourself this. Would i risk 500k for a 225k reward?(may be wrong on amount for reward).

If they are going to risk 500 thousand why not risk it to form a PROFESSIONAL search for Caylee. At the very least her mother did not report her missing for 31 days. That's abuse! Serious abuse in my book.

However, what defense attorney would agree to release his client into a situation where there was a very real possibility for self incrimination? I'm reasonably sure Mr. Baez will not be a part of the "24/7" team, so how would he be able to prevent his client from providing information that could be used against her.

This is the one aspect I don't quite get. Why would Baez allow this to happen when he has no control over what his client is saying? Could it be Baez is giving Casey a loophole out to claim inadiquite defense on an appeal after a possible conviction? Just a thought.

I am so unbelievably unnerved by this whole situation. Casey will not tell anyone the truth. That is not going to happen. No way, no how. But Baez does have to possibly defend his client. To that end any defense attorney worth their salt will do anything and use anyone they can to obtain a non-guilty verdict of a client.
We all are looking at all this now and forgetting the smell of decomposition, the trunk "stain", ect.
I would say the defense is getting what he wants.
The VICTIM...well that's another story.

Well from another feistyoldbroad let me say I agree. This whole thing seems to be a diversion to take our minds off the real victim, Caylee. IMHO criminals should be kept in jails. I cannot and will not make a hero out of men who have done nothing to earn anyone's respect. They are people, like all of us..and nothing more.
Let them take their money and organize a professional search. I feel like all of us are letting this poor child down because we are more interested in the drama surrounding the players in this case then the VICTIM. Please wake up world...A child is missing!!! God help us all.

Search where? Zenaida Gonzales's or Every Lake/Pond/River in Florida. If you are searching in the ponds/lakes ect then you are assuming she is dead. Which IMO , i dont want to sound bad but i dont think anyone is in a hurry to find a dead Caylee(because they want to find a live Caylee). And the reason is because there hasnt been any evidence that this girl is dead yet. We can all assume all we want( i know in my mind i think the poor girl is dead) but we really dont know. It all goes back to the last person that saw Caylee. Casey has lied and lied and lied. So...noone wants to find any Zanaida's. And any place that has turned up to be a clue has been searched. So i guess i am asking what good would it be to organize a search without evidence that she is dead. Remember Casey is last one to see her. I agree if there was a place to start a search then i would be all up for it being done but without a place to search its hard to get people to step up.

On that note there a few people searching in their own time in Florida and they are blessed for doing so. They go above and beyond.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

When I first heard about the bond being posted for Casey by the Padilla's I was furious. Now that I've had some time to think about it and read Tony Padilla's postings here on WS I have some new thoughts.
1. Could the Padilla's be working in conjunction with LE? Remember, Tony nor Leonard have said whom contacted them. They did say (on NG & Greta, etc) that they have been in contact with Baez and NOT in contact with the family. They have not said whom else initiated the contact (if anyone else). It was also reported on Greta that the family had no prior knowledge of this by one of Orlando's reporters. Why wouldn't Baez notify the family??? Especially if they are paying him...

2. Whom has the greatest benefit of Casey being bailed out? One could argue Leonard does due to the publicity. But if you read Tony's words (and listed to Leonard on tv) they continually say they just want to find this baby. That is the main goal. Isn't that LE's main goal as well?

3. The public appearances. Leonard Padilla had to go on tv after this was leaked. The public was outraged as can be seen on many of the boards out there, including Orlando news boards. Leonard is doing damage control. He is also saying things that he knows Casey will hear and see on tv. He's a pretty smart man. I totally take back what I said earlier. I think he knows what he's doing here.​
I now believe this may be a good thing and I am questioning whom is behind this. Let her get out of jail. Let her confess or tell the Padillas or LE where this baby is.

We owe it to the family and to Caylee to bring her home and give her a decent burial if she is indeed gone.

I'd bet my last dollar that LE is not involved in this. LE prefers an environment which they control - jail. They don't usually allow any outside agency (unless it's FBI or some other LE) to have complete and total access to a POI in a case.

In terms of the greatest benefit, it's certainly without doubt, finding Caylee.

My biggest concern about letting Casey out on bond is this scenario: What if, after a few days of intense prodding by Padilla, Casey lets him know that Caylee is deceased. I don't expect her to blurt out, "I did it, I killed Caylee", but more along the lines that she's scared because in the 31 days of her own private investigation, she learned that the babysitter had killed Caylee and buried her in a certain location.

What would Padilla do? Since he states he's not working with LE, would he immediately report this to LE? Or, would he report Casey's statements to Jose Baez, giving Baez time to work out some sort of plea agreement? Or, would Padilla first check out the location that Casey gave him to verify the likelihood of a burial site before alerting anyone else? Or, is the "well-known journalist" to be the first to know, thus having an exclusive story, even ahead of LE?

Search where? Zenaida Gonzales's or Every Lake/Pond/River in Florida. If you are searching in the ponds/lakes ect then you are assuming she is dead. Which IMO , i dont want to sound bad but i dont think anyone is in a hurry to find a dead Caylee(because they want to find a live Caylee). And the reason is because there hasnt been any evidence that this girl is dead yet. We can all assume all we want( i know in my mind i think the poor girl is dead) but we really dont know. It all goes back to the last person that saw Caylee. Casey has lied and lied and lied. So...noone wants to find any Zanaida's. And any place that has turned up to be a clue has been searched. So i guess i am asking what good would it be to organize a search without evidence that she is dead. Remember Casey is last one to see her. I agree if there was a place to start a search then i would be all up for it being done but without a place to search its hard to get people to step up.

On that note there a few people searching in their own time in Florida and they are blessed for doing so. They go above and beyond.

There has not been a thorough search of even the Anthony's neighborhood. There has not been a thorough search of any of the area's we know Casey was in during the three day span of time it is most likely Casey "disappeared" One thing we do know is that Casey neglected her duties as a mother. She should stay in jail and TALK THERE. Giving her her way, which is something she may be used to, is not going to help. IMHO

I'd bet my last dollar that LE is not involved in this. LE prefers an environment which they control - jail. They don't usually allow any outside agency (unless it's FBI or some other LE) to have complete and total access to a POI in a case.

In terms of the greatest benefit, it's certainly without doubt, finding Caylee.

My biggest concern about letting Casey out on bond is this scenario: What if, after a few days of intense prodding by Padilla, Casey lets him know that Caylee is deceased. I don't expect her to blurt out, "I did it, I killed Caylee", but more along the lines that she's scared because in the 31 days of her own private investigation, she learned that the babysitter had killed Caylee and buried her in a certain location.

What would Padilla do? Since he states he's not working with LE, would he immediately report this to LE? Or, would he report Casey's statements to Jose Baez, giving Baez time to work out some sort of plea agreement? Or, would Padilla first check out the location that Casey gave him to verify the likelihood of a burial site before alerting anyone else? Or, is the "well-known journalist" to be the first to know, thus having an exclusive story, even ahead of LE?
I know you well enough to know how you feel about LE and I am right there with you, as you know.
As far as Casey blurting something out. NO WAY. IMHO. I have counseled sociopaths, psychopaths and narrcissists..and she is right in there somewhere..and they don't even admit they abused wives, children, or had affairs. As a matter of fact most of them never think they do anything wrong. If I don't miss my bet Casey will run circles around anyone she thinks is buying her story. LOL

That is a very good theory imo Clockwatcher and runs along the lines of my own theories of Pedophile rings and what Casey's role might be. That was a very big issue in the Madeline McCann case. Proof of human trafficking of all kinds have been proven over and over again whereas just a few years ago people wanted to believe it was a myth.

As for Casey's family getting anything out of her my opinion is that likely they may not even get to speak with her other than by phone. Cindy has already suggested a safe house for Casey and I think that's what will be arranged. They cannot go see her because they will lead the press right to her.

Oh yes! We are thinking along the same lines! (I just type too slow :blushing:)

Beside the notoriety or financial benefit or pick your own motivation here, there is an ulterior motive on Jose Baez's agenda.

There has not been a thorough search of even the Anthony's neighborhood. There has not been a thorough search of any of the area's we know Casey was in during the three day span of time it is most likely Casey "disappeared" One thing we do know is that Casey neglected her duties as a mother. She should stay in jail and TALK THERE. Giving her her way, which is something she may be used to, is not going to help. IMHO

Yeah i agree that Casey is worlds worst mom at the moment but she isnt talking in jail. And she might not talk when she gets out. But i think there is more of a chance for her to talk where she feels more comfortable. Im excited to see her try to elaborate more on her kidnapper theory. If she is lying then she can only lie so long before she sounds more rediculous than she already does. She still has to stay in one place. What better place than around people who are gonna pound info out of her, either making her confess or getting caught up in more lies. I am angry about how things are turning out but to be honest the last thing this case needs is Casey zipping her lip in jail, we all know how that is going. LE is hoping the evidence will shine some light on Caylee's condition (dead or alive). I dont know i guess im just looking at this situation with the padillas as a good thing as another chance to get a handle on where caylee is.

With us or not, Caylee needs to be found and asap. Even if she's not with us, she deserves a proper burial and justice...which will require evidence. So, either way, it's not a good idea to drag feet.

I agree, where to search is a problem...but I'm sure there is enough information to find possible locations. And, it's certainly a better way to spend money, time and effort.

I guess, in the end, I think Casey is key and that's why she should stay in jail. She didn't talk before or since jail...don't see it changing when she's out either. He can become her 'best friend' and tell her he 'believes her' all he wants, she's not going to come back with 'ya, know...this is how it really went'. Set herself up for more serious charges? No way. Not to mention, how would her attorney even allow any of it?

Sometimes I feel we get so close to cases we can't see the forest for the trees so to speak.
I step back and I realize that if Caylee was still with us her mother, who should love and protect her, would have moved heaven and earth to tell someone, anyone where she is by now. The FBI have ways of finding people and survillance techniques that are second to none, IMHO.
Casey is still playing her game. I hope whoever she is staying with has a "psych" on board and in the house also. She's not just a liar, IMHO.

This is the one aspect I don't quite get. Why would Baez allow this to happen when he has no control over what his client is saying? Could it be Baez is giving Casey a loophole out to claim inadiquite defense on an appeal after a possible conviction? Just a thought.

I don't think that Mr. Baez has any intention of providing a claim of inadequate defense or representation.
It is my supposition that all information gleaned by the Padilla team will only pertain to following the nanny. Any information about the said nanny will not pan out, because we all know there is no nanny. But Mr. Baez could use the world famous bounty hunter's own investigative resources that indicate an inter national, yet untraceable ring, is responsible for the disappearance of Caylee.

All he has to do is convince ONE juror of this. This is my best WAG, as to why the Padillas are coming and they have Mr. Baez's blessings.

I don't think that Mr. Baez has any intention of providing a claim of inadequate defense or representation.
It is my supposition that all information gleaned by the Padilla team will only pertain to following the nanny. Any information about the said nanny will not pan out, because we all know there is no nanny. But Mr. Baez could use the world famous bounty hunter's own investigative resources that indicate an inter national, yet untraceable ring, is responsible for the disappearance of Caylee.

All he has to do is convince ONE juror of this. This is my best WAG, as to why the Padillas are coming and they have Mr. Baez's blessings.

I agree. I think I said so above. This is a defense strategy and by the looks of things it's working for him.
:rolleyes:
The news was on the search by the psychics and LE around the airport for Caylee. UNTIL this news of which we speak broke. Now where is it.
I believe the public is so gullible at times. BUMMER:furious:

With us or not, Caylee needs to be found and asap. Even if she's not with us, she deserves a proper burial and justice...which will require evidence. So, either way, it's not a good idea to drag feet.

I agree, where to search is a problem...but I'm sure there is enough information to find possible locations. And, it's certainly a better way to spend money, time and effort.

I guess, in the end, I think Casey is key and that's why she should stay in jail. She didn't talk before or since jail...don't see it changing when she's out either. He can become her 'best friend' and tell her he 'believes her' all he wants, she's not going to come back with 'ya, know...this is how it really went'. Set herself up for more serious charges? No way. Not to mention, how would her attorney even allow any of it?

I agree if there was evidence saying john doe last saw jane doe before she went on a hiking trip in xyz mountains. That would give you a place to look. But every clue that has turned up to be a possible location has been searched. I agree with her not confessing but in my mind she has to say something. Whether it be truth or lie she will talk about something IMO.
And i agree with everyone who is upset about the (circus) that is happening but im just having an optimistic look at it. Im not giving up on anybody.

She has been having something to say all her life. People have been buying it, too. This is no different. I find it interesting that it's men running to help her. Not male bashing but most women would have seen right through the lies by now and realized what her game plan is. LOL.

I know you well enough to know how you feel about LE and I am right there with you, as you know.
As far as Casey blurting something out. NO WAY. IMHO. I have counseled sociopaths, psychopaths and narrcissists..and she is right in there somewhere..and they don't even admit they abused wives, children, or had affairs. As a matter of fact most of them never think they do anything wrong. If I don't miss my bet Casey will run circles around anyone she thinks is buying her story. LOL

My first choice would be LE handling the investigation, as they're best equipped and have the specialized training to do so. I hear what you're saying about psychopaths and narcissists, and Casey may be delighted that she's got a new audience for her stories. The last thing a psychopath or narcissist wants is to be confronted with disbelievers. It may be a long haul of Casey sending Padilla off chasing her imaginary nanny, before it's realized she's spinning more lies.

Curiosity Cat.......... will be sending you an email later today. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back