the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tuned in and already she has made me angry. I can't imagine what the Jury feels towards her... here she is on trial for her life yet she just cannot resist trying to outwit JM with every question. She feels so superior to him. Her arrogance will ensure the DP IMO.

she is the polar opposite of shaking.

that is for sure.

(and he pretty much has her nailed down to the knife being in the bathroom.. I had been paying attention to that... he used time to make her pretty much admit that. I think he will use her "memory issues" and the time constraint to say that it is impossible that she remembers which came first since she has such an impaired memory with her fog and all that.):twocents:

why doesn't the judge bring the hammer down on nurmi and his speaking objections? his tone and the added 'she's answered that like 3 times now' is OUT OF ORDER!!!! also, what he calls 'argumentative' isn't. it's just cross examination from my experience.

This vile woman is making a mockery of our justice system. She is just playing with everyone. She knows she's staying in prison or getting death and is just toying with Juan and the court, and laughing about it. She knows her attitude seals her fate further, but this is her swan song, she loves this so much, she's going to ride this train for as long as they will allow it.

The judge needs to do something to stop her from this game she's playing. Jodi has studied the law, the system, processes, etc., and she is now like a guest who just.won't.leave.

I have no doubt she laughs at night with her pals in jail. "Hahaha, look what I'm doing and they're so stupid they're letting me do it!"

I say give her enough rope and ....
Travis will have the last laugh.

The interruptions & objections smack of desperate resistance to the avalanche of facts and reason rather than effective counsel. That avalanche is burying Arias on the ground of her lies. Is she aware of what hit her? I think so. I just love time stamps, don't you?

She's totally aware!! This is a game. "How long can I stay on the stand jerking JM around before they give me the hook?"

That's what she's doing. It's a big "F-you" to the prosecutor and Travis' family. The quintessential bras d'honneur...

I wish I had bet on the new Pope - I had thought we'd have one from our side of the world - bless him, it's a thankless job in a lot of ways. I too will keep myself from thinking nasty thoughts on JA for at least the rest of the lunch recess.

As an aside in my job (at a religious organization) I get to talk to priests and nuns on a pretty regular basis. Most of them are lovely to talk to. One evening shift I asked a priest who he thought would be in the next one. He laughed and said that his flock had said that they thought a woman pope should be chosen. I couldn't help myself...I told him why not, they already have some pretty nice dresses. He laughed for a good minute and agreed with me. So it's a very solemn faithful moment, but they still have some humor about it. Faith should be joyful.

why doesn't the judge bring the hammer down on nurmi and his speaking objections? his tone and the added 'she's answered that like 3 times now' is OUT OF ORDER!!!! also, what he calls 'argumentative' isn't. it's just cross examination from my experience.

His client is the only argumentative one.

:bud:
GET ON WITH THE TRIAL! JURORS NEED TO RETURN TO WORK TO MAKE THEIR HOUSE/RENT/CAR PAYMENTS!

YES! And I imagine they would like to return to their families, friends, normal conversations and activities. They will never be the same after this trial but my goodness, what they are being put through is above and beyond what is asked for and expected of any American juror.

The interruptions & objections smack of desperate resistance to the avalanche of facts and reason rather than effective counsel. That avalanche is burying Arias on the ground of her lies. Is she aware of what hit her? I think so. I just love time stamps, don't you?

yes I do! (((((hi Tuba!!!!))))):seeya:

This vile woman is making a mockery of our justice system. She is just playing with everyone. She knows she's staying in prison or getting death and is just toying with Juan and the court, and laughing about it. She knows her attitude seals her fate further, but this is her swan song, she loves this so much, she's going to ride this train for as long as they will allow it.

The judge needs to do something to stop her from this game she's playing. Jodi has studied the law, the system, processes, etc., and she is now like a guest who just.won't.leave.

I have no doubt she laughs at night with her pals in jail. "Hahaha, look what I'm doing and they're so stupid they're letting me do it!"
She's laughing about polluting the courtroom with her smut too.

She is sticking to her story but realizing that M's argument of 62 seconds to shoot, stab and drag TA is not possible.

Running down the hallway and into the closet, closing the door, getting the gun up on a top shelf would have chewed up at least 45 seconds.

Yeah see, in Juans pressing need to keep draggin' this point on and on he didn't add the:

"So Ma'am, after rolling over"....

"running down the hall"......

"stepping into the closet".....

"closing the closet door'...

"stepping up on the shelf'.....

"reaching and finding the gun with or WITHOUT a holster that MAY or may not have contained a bullet"......

"Then getting down off the shelf and yet not disturbing one single item"......

"You made your way out of the closet"....

"Found yourself in the bathroom".......

"Stopping in the middle of the bathroom...."

"Pirouetting".....

"Raising both arms and firing the gun into Travis' brain and SOMEHOW at SOME point you managed to locate and use the knife to bludgeon Travis 27 times then slit his throat all in under 60-seconds......isn't that right Ma'am?

If he's going to drag on about one (albeit, important) element then he needs to be MORE dramatic and really put the imagery into the jury's mind!!!

Wolfpack Fan said:
62 seconds is the time between the picture showing the light and what other picture? I don't have the pictures, but I have seen them.

Between the pic showing the light and the one where she is dragging his bleeding body.

He wants to keep pushing her buttons and hope she'll blow. Show the jury what Travis went through with her and trying ti get rid of her. She just won't shut up. She has to have the last word.

Amen to that! If this is the Jodi that Travis had to recon with on a daily basis then he must have had the patience of a Saint! I couldn't have withstood one argument with her before my hands somehow found their way around her throat. The word games, the mind games, the smirking, all of it is just too much! No wonder all of Travis's friends got weird vibes from her as they have stated on TV daily.

I just tuned in and already she has made me angry. I can't imagine what the Jury feels towards her... here she is on trial for her life yet she just cannot resist trying to outwit JM with every question. She feels so superior to him. Her arrogance will ensure the DP IMO.

She frustrates me like no other person I have ever come across. I have to remind myself continually that Mr. Martinez is quite happy with her 'attitude' toward him. He is proving that she is no victim - she is a fighter through and through; has no remorse and no conscience.

The failure of the judge to help speed this trial along is really beginning to cause serious and legal issues. It is preventing the jury from being able to try to piece together all the informtion. They get a small tidbit one day and then a day or week later another tidbit. It is very disturbing and Im seriously worried about the legal ramifications.

It may be grounds for an appeal.

YES! And I imagine they would like to return to their families, friends, normal conversations and activities. They will never be the same after this trial but my goodness, what they are being put through is above and beyond what is asked for and expected of any American juror.

I know they should all be given a "get out of jury duty for life" card.

O/T Pope Francis, the first elected Pope from the Jesuit Brotherhood. No doubt, "Francis".... may emanate from St. Francis of Assisi. JMO.

This chick is a real piece of work! Go JM!!!!

It's probably already been discussed, but who can really read all of these threads entirely so I'll post this anyway...

Did anyone else see on JVM @HLN last night I believe, the Jodi is Innocent folks have dug up an assault record/conviction on a Travis Victor Alexander from 2002? They even put the document to music and posted a YouTube about it according to Jane.

Well, with further digging into this, it was proven that it was NOT in fact our Travis. It was one of his brothers using Travis's name. Jane acquired the mug shot, definitely NOT Travis.

I wonder if the defense team brought that pile of malarkey in front of the Judge this morning and that's what (at least) the 1st sidebar was about today?

Wouldn't surprise me. The defense team will go lower than low if it will help their case.

Am I the only one who has the urge to send Jodi postcards from places that I go on vacation with the caption " Here is another of the 1001 places that you will NEVER see".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.