The Ring/Jewelry

Are we sure the Grandpa was allowed to pick it up? I don't understand how LE could miss any possible form of payment.

Just THINKING here... My guess is EJ wanted desperately for Gramps to pick it up but they didn't allow it. They kept it because they very much thought of it as possible payment and just never released the info about it.

Just a thought.

I'm trying to find the visits and visit denials.

This visit denial for Gramps and bro is Thurs Jan 14:
http://www.kpho.com/news/22242288/detail.html

Call from Eliz for Grampa to pick up jewelry wasn't until Sat Jan 16:
http://www.kpho.com/news/22256806/detail.html

Still looking for more visits in this timeframe.

ETA: Ummm... I thought I was editing. Looks like I was quoting. Sorry. :)

Video with brief clip of Eliz on phone to grampa Sat Jan 16:
http://www.kpho.com/video/22258496/index.html

Video regarding the ring: http://www.kens5.com/news/Baby-Gabr...-prove-son-is-alive-and-adopted-84694897.html

The concerning part to me is at the end of the video where the reporter states that Tempe LE handed the ring over to the grandfather and Logan says the Grandfather doesn't know where the ring is.... You have got to be kidding me if it's true.

If EJ's GF was handed the ring, how could Logan know it's worth $20,000? When would a value have been assigned to it? If LE knew it was valuable, wouldn't they have deemed it evidence and not released it?

Video regarding the ring: http://www.kens5.com/news/Baby-Gabr...-prove-son-is-alive-and-adopted-84694897.html

The concerning part to me is at the end of the video where the reporter states that Tempe LE handed the ring over to the grandfather and Logan says the Grandfather doesn't know where the ring is.... You have got to be kidding me if it's true.

This is just unbelievable. If Tempe LE "handed" over the ring, surely Grampa would have had to sign for it.
If Grampa "lost" the ring, I am highly suspicious. How old is Grampa? Many folks of the age range I am guessing he is in are pretty big on safety deposit boxes. Does he have one???

Transcribed by me from the KENs5 ring video:

Reporter: Well we've heard that Tempe Arizona investigators have handed the ring in question over to Elizabeth's grandfather, Bob Johnson.

According to Logan McQueary, Bob Johnson says he doesn't know where that ring is.

And I'd like to join you all in :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Soooo...

- Elizabeth has ring on arrest Dec 30 in Miami Beach
- Elizabeth calls Grampa Sat Jan 16 and says comes get my ring and $300 at Maricopa County jail AZ
- Grampa visits Eliz on Mon Jan 18. No reports that he got ring
- Sometime later Tempe PD comes into possession of the ring
- Tempe PD gives ring to Grampa
- Grampa doesn't know where a $20,000 ring is...

Oh and somewhere along the line somebody decided the ring is worth $20,000.

Is that all correct for what we have now?

Transcribed by me from the KENs5 ring video:

Reporter: Well we've heard that Tempe Arizona investigators have handed the ring in question over to Elizabeth's grandfather, Bob Johnson.

According to Logan McQueary, Bob Johnson says he doesn't know where that ring is.

And I'd like to join you all in :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Both statements are absolutely ridiculous. Why would they give it to him?? And it is bizarre that the Grandpa doesn't know where it is....they need to search his house and investigate him if this in fact is a possible piece of key evidence. Is it possible he knew of her plan? (if this is not sloppy reporting).

Wasn't there a report that LE told Grampa he could pick up his car and then Tempe PD told him they were going to hold it? I wonder if that's the timeframe Tempe gave Grampa the ring. If they gave him the ring. If there is a ring.

:banghead:

ETA: Well no wonder that seemed familiar. It's right in the article about the ring request call on Jan 16:

Johnson also said he's having trouble getting the car Elizabeth took off in back to Arizona. He said FBI agents gave him the all clear to come to Texas and pick it up, but Johnson said Tempe police told him they're going to hang onto it in case this turns into a homicide.

Soooo...

- Elizabeth calls Grampa Sat Jan 16 and says comes get my ring and $300 at Maricopa County jail AZ

Yep, that about sums it up..... I sure hope Tempe PD will give a statement on this, but I doubt they will....

Soooo...

And don't forget, at some point, Logan heard or saw that it was a diamond and ruby ring. He must have at least heard a description of the ring in order to know that it wasn't one she had.

He may not know where it is because LE came and took it back and asked him to stay quiet about it, since the ring has somehow stayed quiet until now.

I would think this would easily verifiable. When EJ was arrested, on the intake sheet it would have listed EJ's belongings, the belongings would have been placed in an envelope with the contents listed on the envelope. Gramps or whoever picked up her personal belongings would have had to verify the contents and sign the log and the envelope stating that all the contents were there and that they retrieved them, right?

And don't forget, at some point, Logan heard or saw that it was a diamond and ruby ring. He must have at least heard a description of the ring in order to know that it wasn't one she had.

He may not know where it is because LE came and took it back and asked him to stay quiet about it, since the ring has somehow stayed quiet until now.

I think that's a very possible explanation.
In this case, I've seen that any time it gets too quiet for too long, some little tidbit of info comes out. Usually, these tidbits lean more towards EJ giving Gabriel away rather than killing him. I've had a strong feeling for awhile now that there is a LOT of info not being released and a good reason for it.

I would think this would easily verifiable. When EJ was arrested, on the intake sheet it would have listed EJ's belongings, the belongings would have been placed in an envelope with the contents listed on the envelope. Gramps or whoever picked up her personal belongings would have had to verify the contents and sign the log and the envelope stating that all the contents were there and that they retrieved them, right?

I nominate you to go check the envelope ;-)

To the best of my knowledge that is how it works. However, if the ring were listed seperately, as evidence, and they leter cleared it for return, I don't know.
I know that if you get arrested and you have an illegal weapon or stolen property on you, it doesn't always go on the intake sheet, because there is no expectation for it to be returned.
My only experience here is that I am the keeper of the family "bail money" account...sad, isn't it?

ETA: I misspoke, it would go on the intake list, to prove that it was in your possession when arrested, but it would likely not appear on the list that you sign of things to be released, if it is seen as evidence. That's what I meant to say. Sorry.

I would hope they wouldn't take Elizabeth's word that the ring was her Grandmothers. Her grandparents are divorced so I guess the Grandfather could of thought it was her Grandmothers but now he can't find it??? The $20,000 ring?? Oh damn..

Elizabeth Johnson Calls Grandfather
CBS 5 Is Only Station There
Elizabeth Erwin
Reporter, KPHO.com

POSTED: 7:53 pm MST January 16, 2010
UPDATED: 10:14 am MST January 17, 2010

Elizabeth Johnson called her grandfather, Bob Johnson. It was the first time they've spoke in nearly a week.

The two only spoke for a couple of minutes, talking about items she wanted him to pick up from jail. Johnson asked her grandfather to pick up the $300 she had when she was arrested in Florida, as well as an expensive ring she said she was wearing.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22256806/detail.html

I would hope they wouldn't take Elizabeth's word that the ring was her Grandmothers. Her grandparents are divorced so I guess the Grandfather could of thought it was her Grandmothers but now he can't find it??? The $20,000 ring?? Oh damn..

Why would Tempe PD give away evidence of an underground adoption, unless they 1) screwed up, or 2) determined it's not evidence.

Something's not adding up here, one way or another.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back