The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read that Jodi's MySpace shows an older photo of her wearing those braids. So perhaps she wore her hair like that by choice on various occasions.

More specifically, I suspect that "naughty little girl in braids" is a part of her sexual persona. Her soft-spoken manner seems in keeping with this. Also, her saying twice (during interrogation) that she should have been "adult" about confronting Travis with her concerns. And then, there's her photo appearing to be clean-shaven as a baby.

So, I think those braids reflect JA's self-perception, that they're part of her own sexy little girl act.

That may be, especially in light of the nekkid pics we saw.

However, I work with quite a few women who are in their late 20's and early 30's who occasionally wear the braided pigtails look. However, we are teachers and our dress code is pretty relaxed so we dress down most days. The pigtails don't look so unusual dressed in jeans with a bunch of pre-primary kids! Lol

I, on the other hand, am older than dirt and so do not attempt that look, even on brutal hot days! :lol:

Somebody better tell the folks over at HLN. They have an ME with 18 years experience who says she thinks the shot came first.

So now what happens when the defense gets someone like her on the stand to refute what the ME says? Does a juror believe the FACT or consider there MIGHT be another opinion and decide that is reasonable enough doubt?

Defense experts had the right to look at how Dr. Horn came to his conclusions. I don't think this ME @ HLN had that opportunity. It's one thing to look at photos, another thing to actually have a sit down meeting with the ME who did the autopsy and go over it. The key here is that she only "thinks" whereas Dr. Horn said he was certain.

If someone throws something at your face, you will either raise your arm/hand to catch the item or block it from your face. He is sitting looking at her while he is in the shower. If she had a gun, he saw it coming and his reflex action would be to block it with his hand. He did have defensive wounds on his hands but from the knife. Someone aims a gun at your head you are not going to just sit there, hold still, posing and let them shoot you. It appears the bullet was angled as if his head was still and she took a shot. So that is why I could see the shot coming last even though it does make more sense it came last.

She brought a knife with that gun. She talks in her early statement about being more humane and shooting him so he would not suffer if she would have killed him. And yet she cut his throat, she put 29 stab wounds in his body, stabbed him in the head hard enough to chip his skull. There was nothing humane about the way TA died. I think she may have used the bullet last because she felt she was running out of time and he did not appear dead enough to her. She's a piece of work and I would hope the jury has enough sense to know this will not be her last crime if they let her out. Next time she will be more methodical in her approach. jmo

During the prosecutor's opening argument, he kept referring to "the 45" as if it was a location in Travis's bathroom. I couldn't figure what in the world he meant. I even put on closed captioning to see what I was misunderstanding. The captions quoted the prosecutor as saying "the 45" just as
I heard it. Can anyone help me out?

It's a spot designated on the crime scene diagram he's referring to. :)

On the most recent 48 Hours JA episode, she mentioned that she had spoken to TA while in LA and he asked her to stop by on the way to Utah. Did that phone call ever happen or did JA show up unannounced ?
Since one week prior, he had told her it was over for good, unless he told her to pick up any of her stuff she left at his house, most likely he never knew she was coming.:twocents:

Oh, I didn't hear that part. That was the witness Lisa, just before Prosecution rested?

I honestly don't remember because I was watching in short increments, but I think she testified well before the last day. She was a former GF of Travis and there is a really sweet picture of the two of them dancing together.

Maybe someone else will know when Lisa testified?

Jean (the one that read the list I posted) stated Jodi was indicted on July 9, 2008 but police waited while keeping her under surveillance.

It did not have to be Mesa LE that was keeping her under surveillance since she was living in Yreka, CA at the time. It was a joint effort as Yreka LE also had a stake in making sure they knew where Jodi was at. Jodi could have killed again while in Yreka.

MOO

For all we know, she could have been headed to Ryan's to slaughter him thinking it would look like a PPL conspiracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more!

It would be fun, using everything we know, to try and recreate how Jodi intended the murder to go if it had been completely successful.

Oh, I didn't hear that part. That was the witness Lisa, just before Prosecution rested?

I honestly don't remember because I was watching in short increments, but I think she testified well before the last day. She was a former GF of Travis and there is a really sweet picture of the two of them dancing together.

Maybe someone else will know when Lisa testified?

ETA: i may have "misremembered" and that statement may have come from Lisa's blog and not witness testimony. I swear I remembered her on the stand but can't find it.....

So, anybody know if Jodi's been excommunicated from the Mormon church? She committed the TOP 2 sins according to Mimi Hall: 1) Murder, and 2) premarital sex.
I'm surprised they let her convert knowing she wasn't a virgin and not married...

The only thing too much re-thinking leads to new theory's.

At first I thought the gun came first because no way little pint sized Jodi could get the upper hand......however Travis has defensive wounds and it looks like he fought for his life which leads me to the knife attack came first.....however Jodi only has a couple of little scratches and that does not jive with Travis fighting for his life. I know if Jodi came at me with a knife, I'd knock the biotch out so now I am thinking someone else is involved, it is the only scenario that makes sense for this Jodi is not a navy seal.

but if you were to get stabbed in the heart first, that would would take a lot of the fight out of you IMO. and may allow her to gain the upper hand even though she is smaller and a woman

I apologize, this sounds gross as I am typing this, but I have heard that a chicken keeps moving even after you cut off its head. Do you think she shot him in the end because he was still moving? ughh, sorry......

Yes, between (sorry) twitching, gurgling, and whatever else happens, added to a high-adrenalin state of alert, she may have done that to make sure things were final so she could proceed to clean up and leave. I think this is a strong likelihood.

For all we know, she could have been headed to Ryan's to slaughter him thinking it would look like a PPL conspiracy.

Seems like Mimi might have been her next victim, Jodi sought her out at Travis's Memorial service in Arizona and introduced herself...:what::what::what:

Nurse, thank you for posting this video. The following are the key dates/times that are in the video. I find it helps to have it in black and white in front of your face instead of needing to watch a video repeatedly to look at/remember the information.

July 14, 2008

- Mesa detectives flew to Yreka, CA to arrest Jodi Arias for 1st degree murder.

9 PM - Detectives arrive at the home of Arias's grandparents. Visual surveillance showed Arias was packing clothes as if she was leaving.

9:45 PM - Arias was inside a vehicle, parked in front of the residence talking with someone who appeared to be her mother. Arias's mother later drove away, Arias then went back into her grandparents' home.

Midnight - Officers left the home to return in the early morning hours. Decision made to arrest Arias if she attempted to flee.

July 15, 2008

6:30 AM - Surveillance team set up at grandparents' home. Shortly after, a Chevy Cobalt parked in front of the home.

9:39 AM - Arias taken into custody.

9:40 AM - Search warrent of grandparents' home excecuted. Evidence indicated that Arias had purchased a High Point 9mm.

1:15 PM - Search warrent executed at the home of Arias's parents. Box of .25 caliber ammunition was found during search. .25 caliber ammo was not found at grandparents' home.

2:25 PM - Search warrent on the Chevy Cobalt executed. Arias's luggage and personal effects had been placed inside the vehicle. A box of 9 mm ammunition was found inside a suitcase containing Arias's clothing. No firearm was found. Two knives found inside boxes of books in the car.

August 2008

- Arias's mother asked about a High Point 9mm that Arias had hidden in a vehicle.

- A Hertz employee recovers a 9mm gun while servicing the vehicle in San Francisco, CA. It was the vehicle that Arias had rented in Yreka, CA. Police determined the weapon was purchsed after Travis Alexander was killed.

Thank you for putting this together. I wonder if she had another victim in mind? I think someone dodged a bullet when the police arrested her. Literally....

I hope that the long break in the trial does not hurt the prosecution team's momentum.

I am dreading the defense's turn, but am looking forward to a strong rebuttal from the PT. I have a feeling that it will be good.

What about all of the texts? Is the PT waiting for the DT to admit them into evidence, to avoid a potential successful appeal? The DT seems to want to use these texts in the defense, but I can't imagine how they would help Jodi more than they would hurt her.

Me too. I think their rebuttal is actually where the bulk of the State's case will be tried. What I want to know is how will they rebut the "expert" the defense is calling. Has the State had Jodi examined by their own expert? Anybody know?

I could never find a link to the actual autopsy report until today (thank you Minor4th). In reading the report, it is somewhat different than what the ME testified to. It states:
"The wound track perforates the anterior frontal skull near the superior oribital bone and transverses the right anterior fossa, without gross evidence of significant intracranial hemorrhage or apparent cerebral injury." It goes on to talk about the decomposition limiting the exan. And then under Nervous System states " The dura mater and falx cerebri are intact." The dura mater is the tuff, fibrous covering of the brain. Then "Multiple serial sections of autolyzed brain do not reveal the presence of grossly apparent trauma, foreign bodies, or previously existing natural disaease."

So he testified that the bullet went theough the brain but the autopsy report states otherwise as far as what I'm reading.

Link: http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf

Interesting observation. I thought that, too, but without understanding the medical terminology. But the written report doesn't sound like what he said in court.

but if you were to get stabbed in the heart first, that would would take a lot of the fight out of you IMO. and may allow her to gain the upper hand even though she is smaller and a woman

I agree BUT the plethora of defensive wounds suggests he put up quite a struggle, a couple of minor scratches on Jodi does not look like there was a struggle, looks more like Travis was compliant.

Great article....however this has me baffled a bit --->
"
However, if the defense can show that Alexander was shot in the head first, attorneys can argue that all of Alexander's other wounds happened after he died, and so he didn't suffer -- and that could save Arias from the death penalty."

he was obviously alive when he got those nasty cuts on his hands whilst trying to fend off the knife.

Moo Moo Moo

it baffles me how the order of events could change whether or not she gets the death penalty. shooting someone and then stabbing them 27 times and slitting their throat deeply is heinous and crazy. You deserve the dealth penalty. Stabbing someone 27 times and slitting their throat and then shooting them is also heinous and crazy. You deserve the death penalty for that too. Yes one is worse that the other. However bother are horrible and worthy of you no longer being a risk to the people on this earth!

Thank you for putting this together. I wonder if she had another victim in mind? I think someone dodged a bullet when the police arrested her. Literally....

Seems like Mimi might have been her next victim, Jodi sought her out at Travis's Memorial service in Arizona and introduced herself...:what::what::what:

Eegads, I had not heard that tidbit. I too think Mimi is lucky to have survived this whole thing (not that she isn't traumatized for life).

Mimi is so the antithesis of Jodi- sweet and genuine, credible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500